Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Needs to Change

OR30_Senpai

Nightwave is a good idea but it need to change.

Nightwave is a good idea because it gives us something to do in warframe however there are a lot of challenges that should not be there no more For example.

Complete Index 3 time in a row without letting the other team score, Guild a modular weapon and Pet a kurbrow. ( Petting a Kurbrow is not bad it just i did not have one at the time so unless you can pet other player Pets then this challenge is perfect. )

Those kind of challenges are very annoying however there are few ways to fix these kinda challenges.  If you want to keep the Index Challenge Change it to Complete index 3 time without letting the other team score.    (Pretty much what i'm asking for is to make Nightwave challenges less annoying.)

As you see i removed the 3 time in a row part by getting rid of it. By getting rid of the annoying part of challenges it can make a great experience for everyone adding challenges that require  PVP, Guilding Weapons, Certain faction  ranks including POE and ORB, Formaing weapons/warframes it could make nightwave a whole lot worse however those are just my Opinion.  If you need idea for challenges here are a few i came up with.

Defeat a planet Boss

Collect _____  amount of Materials

Build a weapon

Simple stuff For Hardcore players i would make challenges like 

Beat a spy mission under 5 mins without being detected 

Kill 150 ______ Without dying   

Max out 3 Different types of weapons 

Survive Mot for 40 Mins  

Stuff like that would work. I would like to see what other people think what should be added and what should not. So feel free to leave feedback.

I love your suggestions. However, Nightwave used to have 60 minutes of Survival and other challenges that ended up being scrapped due to player complaints. DE is taking the "less is more" approach by severely reducing what you need to do in order to get standing. Challenges should range from really easy to rather challenging, and there should be an amount of challenges where no player is left out or feeling like they need to do all of them. The selection for challenges is rather small, and I would personally enjoy more variety.

Only challenges they should remove are the forma and gild ones because most veterans have to forma things they don't really need and build stuff they already mastered to complete those challenges, anything else is ok. It's a completely free battlepass so idk why people have to be so damn entitled about it, just don't do it if you can't, you didn't spend money on it..

• Like 2

Build a weapon is the same as the gild one which got removed after so many complaints, so Im saying hell no to that, 40 minutes on Mot should be complete a level 30 or higher mission of survival with at least 30 minutes, 40 is a bit too much. spy one can be a pain as you have to hope the tile set is one where you dont have to travel 1k meters from vault A to vault C and have B be in between and the tiles generation is something that we cannot control. Max out 3 different types of weapons is not good when you have EVERYTHING maxed, I guess forma works here but we have use 3 forma already

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

But the gilding challenge is still there 🤔

I think I read somewhere earlier that they removed that one from future challenges but I may be mistaking as i cant find where it says.

54 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

I think I read somewhere earlier that they removed that one from future challenges but I may be mistaking as i cant find where it says.

Okay, don't know about future challenges. In this weeks challenges we had a gilding one.

1 hour ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Only challenges they should remove are the forma and gild ones because most veterans have to forma things they don't really need and build stuff they already mastered to complete those challenges, anything else is ok. It's a completely free battlepass so idk why people have to be so damn entitled about it, just don't do it if you can't, you didn't spend money on it..

Its not about being entitled, it's about giving feedback that benefits the game.

2 hours ago, theepicpanda said:

Nightwave is a good idea but it need to change.

Nightwave is a good idea because it gives us something to do in warframe however there are a lot of challenges that should not be there no more For example.

Complete Index 3 time in a row without letting the other team score, Guild a modular weapon and Pet a kurbrow. ( Petting a Kurbrow is not bad it just i did not have one at the time so unless you can pet other player Pets then this challenge is perfect. ) 

Those kind of challenges are very annoying however there are few ways to fix these kinda challenges.  If you want to keep the Index Challenge Change it to Complete index 3 time without letting the other team score.    (Pretty much what i'm asking for is to make Nightwave challenges less annoying.)

As you see i removed the 3 time in a row part by getting rid of it. By getting rid of the annoying part of challenges it can make a great experience for everyone adding challenges that require  PVP, Guilding Weapons, Certain faction  ranks including POE and ORB, Formaing weapons/warframes it could make nightwave a whole lot worse however those are just my Opinion.  If you need idea for challenges here are a few i came up with.

Defeat a planet Boss

Collect _____  amount of Materials

Build a weapon

Simple stuff For Hardcore players i would make challenges like 

Beat a spy mission under 5 mins without being detected 

Kill 150 ______ Without dying   

Max out 3 Different types of weapons 

Survive Mot for 40 Mins  

Stuff like that would work. I would like to see what other people think what should be added and what should not. So feel free to leave feedback.

You're right in saying that some challenges are not ok, and that they don't fit everyone. It's a problem DE has, instead of making their content really appropriate to all sections of the population, they just aim for the average, which leaves the edges in the water. The problem is that often, the edges is where the money comes from.
In the case of Nightwave there's 2 types of issues:
The first you illustrated with your kubrow issue, plenty of Acts are not even possible for newer players. Which is an huge issue, and can detract even more from the not awesome new player experience, which they know is an issue with the game.
Yeah some of you will scoff "i did it, the newbies should do it too". Yeah, i did it as well, but that doesn't mean its well made. The game simply because it's F2P needs to have as broad an appeal as possible, and pushing people away from the get go isn't good business. And DE knows that, which is why this is an important point for them to take with them for future improvements in NPE.
The second is illustrated already in previous posts. The Gild and Forma challenges will imply that at some point all of us will hit a wall where this challenge is just going to ask us to do something we have no need to do, just for a crappy gain.

The solution to this would be similar to what GW2 does with their daily missions.

First (and this one is kinda optional in Warframe) instead of having just enough missions for the daily (in WF would be weekly) progress, they have like 5 times that number, spread across several game mods (in their case PvE, PvP and WvW) so each one can pick the ones that suit their play style. Any excess is still worth it, although it doesn't give progression for further dailies, because each challenge has its own reward plus the progression.

This can be translated into warframe by having at least 2x the number of challenges (2 daily, 8 weekly, 4 elite weekly). Then instead of each one giving standing, you'd get the standing after doing the requisite amount of challenges (so 1 daily challenge would give 1000 standing, doing 4 weekly would give 18000, and doing 2 elites would give 14000 standing). Doing extra missions would give credits (10 on dailies, 45 weeklies, 70 elite weeklies).

Second, GuildWars also adapts their daily challenges to the player, players without high level characters in their accounts have some of the challenges that require higher levels to complete replaced with ones that don't have the same requirements. Players without expansions have the same happen to challenges that require expansion-specific content.
In Warframe it would be a bit easier, with challenges like ESO, Formas, Gilding and such be excluded from players lower than MR 5-10, and the wasteful challenges of gilding and formaing would be excluded from players MR26-27 (or the highest 1-2 levels as these things increase), and can even be replaced by challenges that pack a bit more punch like time-attack challenges (kill x boss under x minutes, complete captures in under x Missions, etc).

As for your suggestions of challenges:
Assassinations are a nice challenge to have (again needs to be adequate to what players have access in the map), could even be a daily one.

Collecting materials is one of those challenges that would just be busy work to high level players. I for one have surplus of just about everything (except Mutagen samples), but on the other hand it's also somewhat of an easy challenge to do... So i would be alright with these, especially if they're adequate to player's Mastery Rank.

Build a Weapon is not ok as a general challenge, it's like the Gild modular items challenge. I for one have built all the game's weapons except for a couple zaws and amps. The other 4-5 weapons i'm missing are syndicate weapons which aren't built, and Galatine Prime for which i'm missing one part... So it's nice for the MR10-25(6) players but not nice for the rest.

Timed objectives would be fun. Like i said they'd be cool for high level players, but not even only those.

Kill X without dying is weird. It probably needs to be within a single mission, which means X, at best, can be a faction, not specific enemies, or even eximus. Because the "without dying part" is probably not easy to track through multiple missions, and having an act reset because of a random weirdness would suck.

Max out 3 weapons is like the build a weapon and gild. Fine for your average, middle of the distribution player, but awful for the edges, for new players there's no way they'll have the resources or access to the levels where you can do that within a week, and for old players, they'll be struggling to find ONE weapon to max. And even if resetting with forma is allowed, it would still be asking a bit much from people to forma stuff just because, regardless of it being a benefit to them or not.

Survive Mot 40 minutes... Well, it already starts badly, because Mot isn't available for most low level players, so that'll be a no-no, but for high level players like you said, sure, as long as there's that change. 40 minutes is the issue... Because after you have a decent Warframe, survival missions are trivial, especially at the first 60 minutes. Which means that anything that asks to go more than 20-30 minutes will simply be boring as hell, because it only starts getting somewhat fun after the 50-60m mark (unless you're using to level weapons, then the fun might start earlier), and after that, because of how scaling works, it'll stop being fun not too long after, unless you're going at it with fringe highly min-maxed builds (aka cheese).

You did touch some things, PvP challenges would be fun, if PvP was working decently, which, with P2P matchmaking, it won't.

• Like 2

That OP sounds like an ordinary daily from other online games with content - or what it used to be as bonus xp challenge in missions, which is working fine with rewarding currency for all dailies the same and vendor selling things you can buy, so you wouldn't have to do thing you don't care about for rewards you don't care about feeling like total waste of time.

My idea was if they could work also with the background story more - like it was in Guild wars 2 living journal - let Nora announcing every day what is happening in the story, it would progress only if you would log in that day and if you wouldn't make it in time, it would be moved into quests, where you could return to it any time. 

The missions would be 1 per a day and it would follow the background story in ordinary missions/challenges with explanation from Nora, like:

The child is now under protection of syndicate, which needs your assistance, and that would give you task: do 1 syndicate mission. Or basically any other mission could be explained similar way.

That way they could cycle their content daily for players who need something to do, it wouldn't be time consuming for players who are focusing on something else

Challenge missions could be in arbitrations where it was intended to be and I was on their side when they required challenging content, but it feels for me that challenges in ordinary daily cannot be balanced for everyone, or I don't see how, so I wish hardcore players would stop pushing hard missions into something where it is hindering the game for others.

Edited by Morndawn
  • Like 1