Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Significant FPS drops recently

Grandhoy

I started playing the game again yesterday after a couple of months absent. I have noticed periodical huge FPS drops since yesterday. I have an overclocked monitor to 165 FPS and the game usually runs (and always has run) at a steady 140 - 165. However, the drops since yesterday see it jumping down to 10 FPS for a few seconds before jumping right back up to 140+. These are happening every few minutes.

I suspect that the game is also using more CPU then usual as my fans are unusually loud when playing.

Specs:

GTX 1080

7700k O/C to 5 Ghz

16GB

Windows 10, all drivers updated.

• Like 1

Specs:

i3 6100- 8gb ram - 1060 6gb, i thought that the fps drops were due to only having a 2C-4T processor, but if this is affecting an i9 9900k then thst theory doesn't hold ground.

I don't even think its when there are alot of enemies rather i think its when a lot of enemies SPAWN, then the cpu has to work out all of their AI and pathing serially? prehaps it does this on a single core so several cores remain idle while one core processes each enemies individual script.

same spider man GIF

'my two cores deciding which one should work'

• Like 1

Same here after the latest Quartz update, my fps seems to tank from 144 fps consistently before to 34-45 fps for 2-3 sec every few minutes before coming right back up again. This has happened both in squad and solo and I play on max settings. I have found that the fps doesn't drop if i restrict it to 100 fps using nvidia inspector but anything over 100 fps and the tanking of frames starts to occur again. My specs are as below:

ASUS rog strix scar ii GL504GW with 144hz, 3ms screen

CPU: Intel i7-8750H six core @2.2 Ghz

GPU: Nvidia geforce RTX 2070 mobile

Memory: 32gb ddr4 2666 Mhz Dual Channel Ram

Can anyone tell what's the issue and how to fix the constant sudden drops in fps? I haven't overclocked anything on my end

Edited by kevoisvevo

Can anyone experiencing these FPS drops please try verifying and optimizing your download cache in the Warframe launcher? This will help us rule out the possibility of this performance issue being caused by missing or corrupt game files. Thanks!

Verify_and_defrag_Cache.png

29 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Can anyone experiencing these FPS drops please try verifying and optimizing your download cache in the Warframe launcher? This will help us rule out the possibility of this performance issue being caused by missing or corrupt game files. Thanks!

I have tried to verify and optimize the download cache from the launcher and I still got fps drops from 144 fps to 29-34 fps. A solution I have found from a region chat user was to uninstall the generic pnp monitor from device manager before restarting the computer. I don't know if the solution is permanent though. This has never happened before to me.

8 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

I've tried that, as well as completely re-installing the game and trying again.

On 2019-07-17 at 1:00 PM, Poisoned-Chalice said:

Specs:

i3 6100- 8gb ram - 1060 6gb, i thought that the fps drops were due to only having a 2C-4T processor, but if this is affecting an i9 9900k then thst theory doesn't hold ground.

I don't even think its when there are alot of enemies rather i think its when a lot of enemies SPAWN, then the cpu has to work out all of their AI and pathing serially? prehaps it does this on a single core so several cores remain idle while one core processes each enemies individual script.

same spider man GIF

'my two cores deciding which one should work'

I've noticed hitching/drop in fps when enemies spawn or entering some new rooms. Sometimes in sanctuary onslaught a bunch of enemies will spawn in and the game hitches up for half a sec while it does it.

I found something intresting on my side (ryzen 2700 + Vega 56)when other players are in the lobby the Game does not make great use of AMD SMT (could someone check that on Intel HT ?) and also the GPU load stays low.

When Im alone the Thread/Core 0,2,4... are at 30-50% and the 1,3.. threads are at 20-30% gpu is at 80-100% load (orb vallis) 130-170fps @ 1440p 

When I join with 1-3 other Players  Thread/Core 0,2,4... are at 50-60, the 1,3.. are at 0-5% and the gpu load is at 20-30 with some 70% peaks on the same place in orb vallis fps is between 30-100

Im not hosting and no player was near me

Without Players GPUload stayed at 95-99% for 2 min Fps 140-150 and about 1 drop every 10-15 min

E29B1B13C8C04BDA98FB267F475DBEBCDE0D9B4D

With players: GPUload was on this place maxing out at 60% 70-90 fps and ~15 fps drops during the bounty GPU load goes to 0% when drops occur

D69262B3008969AE36449AE4ED056C0C20803107

Edited by Injected_Pie

On 2019-07-25 at 2:01 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

Yeah, that didn't work for me either :<

On 2019-07-25 at 12:01 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

This did not fix it for me either. I read in another thread that running the Windows system file checker fixed it for one person, so I'm giving that a go too. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

EDIT: In other news, the system file check repaired some corrupt files, but I still only have 34 FPS out of 60. Yes, it's progress I guess since it's not 25 or 20.

PppdzrD.png

Edited by Kromatia

Update of my observations with this issue:

I have found that on the latest build of Windows 10, if the monitor goes into standby (i.e. power saving settings turn it off), when I "wake up" the machine, FPS has slowed to ~30 FPS and never recovers until I reboot the entire machine. This is if Warframe was left running when the monitor went into power save mode. While this may be due to outdated graphics drivers, getting an update will be nigh impossible as I must wait for the drivers to trickle down for my model of iMac and it's likely not going to get anymore Boot Camp drivers from AMD.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here. From 120 drops to 10 fps then back to normal after 5 seconds. 

It can happen after just 3 mins of logging into Warframe. Not dependent on large maps or enemies. 5 mins of logging in and starting a tile set, standing alone and fps drops to 10 for a few seconds.

Gtx1650 (updated); 16GB Ram; AMD 3550H; Windows 10 V 20H2 (19042.906) [latest updates]

Issue started with 29.8.1 (I think). Has become much worse recently with updates 

Edited by MaxSteelAlpha

Im experiencing this same issue too. After long gameplay sessions the game ends up using 4gb of RAM and takes A LOT to close after I close it. The main process ends up in the ram memory for a lot of time using both ram and hdd for some minutes. Sometimes it closes itself just fine, sometimes it dont.

My system

Ryzen 5 2600

8gb 2400mhz teamgroup elite ram

2x western digital HDD working in a RAID 0 configuration

GTX 1060 3gb running at stock frequencies

So far this is the only single game where I have this issue, with and without deferrer renderer, running on DX11 mode.

If someone from DE can help me on how and where to send log data, ill be glad.