Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A "reversed" Survival Map

Mr.Dieu

It is always fun to see 2 factions fight on the same map, but what if all 3 were there?

Of course it would be some sort of 2v1 (or 3v1 counting yourself in), where both Corpus and Grineers fight against infesteds and not so much against each others.

Now, how would this work as a survival map? 

-Context: the infested have acquired an old soon-to-blow orokin ship and is moving towards non-infested area (they are spreading around the solar system,just like mushrooms with their spores, mostly on Grineer territory)

-Why are the Grineers fighting? They want to protect their territory

-Why are the Corpus there? They want to steal some of the Orokin technology

-What about the Tenno? You are there to "help" the Grineers by cleansing  the ship (from the infested, but also from the other 2 factions)

Q.A.

1) But Voliours, why send life support if it is helping all of our enemies? Why not simply let them die?

Good question Bobby. This is why it would be a reversed survival map, you need to get on the ship and stop the life support system.

2) But how am I suppose to survive with 5 hp until I can get to the exit?

By picking up the individual life support equipment (i.l.s.e) dropping from the dead enemies, just like in the actual survival missions. They could stack until you get to the console, and when you shut down life support, you should have bought yourself enough time to get to the exist. To make it work, i.l.s.e. might need to have a higher drop value or simply give more time for each pickup.

3) I still don't get why you said it is a 3v1 against the infested?

It's ok Bobby. You see, the console you are trying to get to is also the objective of the Grineers and the Corpus.

The Grineers want to get there so they can stop the ship and wait for reinforcement to take control over it.

The Corpus need to get to the console for some specific technology found on its motherboard.

You, as the good guy, want to get there to kill every living things aboard.

The infested are settled around the console, so the 3 other factions (including you) have to fight you way through an increasing amount of infested.

Since the Grineers and the Corpus know they can't do it alone, they are not fighting each others until they get to the console. 

Here's a picture to help you understand:

HkQogcf.jpg?2

4) May I have a cookie now Voliours?

Ask the Internet Bobby, ask the Internet

tl;dr: check the picture

EDIT

And it would not be endless (my bad if I did not make myself clear, english is a second language to me)

See it as a deception mission, instead of carrying the datamass to the terminal, you "collect" time so that once you shut down life support, you can get to the exit safely

Edited by Voliours

I am pretty sure that wont happen due to hardware limitations of "internet" people around.

Also if it is "endless" like survival or defense mission, than why is there a console? If it is objective based like raid or anything like that, why not simply go stealth and bypass everyone and just kill/hack it, pretty sure there are plenty frames who could simply avoid everything.

Survival itself doesn't have any sort of objective. You just fight till you cant anymore and go out, in this kind of mission it would mean that every time every faction go in there, they will always lose no matter what.

From the picture itself it looks more like reversed defense where infested protect something from others but again, why not simply kill/hack that something and avoid fighting at all like we do every day with bosses?

I kind of still don't get the main mechanic about this.

Edited by Neruell

Good idea, it is just we need a stronger lore. Corpus only give stuff the Grineer for money. If the Grineer and Corpus team up after all their fights...

It would be temporary, since as soon as they get to the console (which both  of them want) they would start to kill each other.

They are simply using each other to get to their common goal 

Also if it is "endless" like survival or defense mission, than why is there a console? If it is objective based like raid or anything like that, why not simply go stealth and bypass everyone and just kill/hack it, pretty sure there are plenty frames who could simply avoid everything.

Same for deception/spy and some other mission types

And it would not be endless (my bad if I did not make myself clear, english is a second language to me)

See it as a deception mission, instead of carrying the datamass to the terminal, you "collect" time so that once you shut down life support, you can get to the exit safely