Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Wukong Deluxe

SnoozecoopYT

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Wukong was literally made out of stone, the intention from the very beginning was, presumably, for the Deluxe to build on that.

Whilst I can understand the surprise, knowing this I was never under the impression he would look like anything different, and I don't believe DE intended to give off a different impression. The difference between the concept and the shown skin is not all that different.

The textures are completely different. The current version has a weird, ugly, metallic sheen to it. It also lacks the same design the sculpt had. It just doesn't look right and is the ugliest thing I've seen in WF, worse than Chroma (shivers). It went from the coolest thing to the ugliest thing so easily... I'm beyond disappointed. That's plat I'm not spending, at least.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

The textures are completely different.

That's standard fare for a drawn concept vs in game model.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

The current version has a weird, ugly, metallic sheen to it.

I'm not seeing it, the only metallics I see are on the accents/hair. If you're referring to the portion that covers the arms, then I see smooth stone, not metal.

cOAlplF.png

Honestly, besides the gold used to make the lava-esque sections, I absolutely do not see any metallic sheen in this image.

ds-Buffer-bmp.png

Gonna try to make a bigger image. Nvm, just click it.

What happened? It looked amazing, and now it has a hideous metallic sheen while also lacking the same detail the sculpt had. They almost look completely different bar most of the helmet and the general body shape. Why does DE not want my money? xD

But seriously, wtf? The textures are ugly and now monotone, and the legs are way too rocky. I'm fine waiting if they need more time on this. Better having the skin than no skin I guess, but I'm not buying it in it's current state.

I just want y'all to share your opinions to ease my pain. Do you like it or not? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? Do you think this is the finished product? If so, why do you think DE designed it like this? It doesn't look rocky, it looks wayyyy to metallic and sheen-y in my opinion. Please ease my pain.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
  • Like 7

Just now, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Just added an image to make a comparison. And lol, so true.

I have no idea what those lamps are called which is why I added the image. I google searched "glass lamp chunks" to get that image.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Dracula. said:

I have no idea what those lamps are called which is why I added the image. I google searched "glass lamp chunks" to get that image.

I meant I added an image, though I'm, having trouble uploading it. I, however was actually wondering what you searched to find that, so you answered a burning question.

• Like 1

Did we really need another thread when there's still one (that you commented in recently) still on the first page?

Since we're just reposting opinions.

19 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm not seeing it, the only metallics I see are on the accents/hair. If you're referring to the portion that covers the arms, then I see smooth stone, not metal.

cOAlplF.png

Honestly, besides the gold used to make the lava-esque sections, I absolutely do not see any metallic sheen in this image.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Did we really need another thread when there's still one (that you commented in recently) still on the first page?

It wasn't centered on the look of the skin, as it was a thread created to ask when the skin would be releasing, then derailed. I wanted to create a focused thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Release version doesn’t look like Destiny and doesn’t have Spikes on shoulders, can’t imagine how annoying they will become while aiming. I’m absolutely OK with it.

I was going to post something along the lines of, "The horror of the Arca Armor Set," but then I remembered that it folds when you're aiming. Maybe DE will design the spikes in a way that it doesn't interfere with gameplay, as the lack of spikes was said to be a mistake or incompletion on the dev build Rebecca was using at the time. However, your statement is truly valid. I really hope they don't interfere, or maybe they can be a separate part like Chroma's Dynasty Wings so you don't have to equip them, but they aren't an armor set that is separately purchasable.

• Like 1

It just looks so...messy. I'd like if there weren't the outlines around all of those edges. I get he's supposed to look like he's made out of stone, but it really just doesn't look that good. Just let the natural lighting show the rocky detail. Neither the concept nor the high-poly picture show as much outlining as the in-game model, which is why it now looks so bad

• Like 4

Just now, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

It wasn't centered on the look of the skin, as it was a thread created to ask when the skin would be releasing, then derailed. I wanted to create a focused thread.

It's still discussing the Deluxe skin.

I'm genuinely curious about this metallic sheen you keep referring to. You have as yet neglected to respond to my comment regarding my inability to see such a metallic sheen. Could you elaborate on it, please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EchoesOfRain said:

It just looks so...messy. I'd like if there weren't the outlines around all of those edges. I get he's supposed to look like he's made out of stone, but it really just doesn't look that good. Just let the natural lighting show the rocky detail. Neither the concept nor the high-poly picture show as much outlining as the in-game model, which is why it now looks so bad

Agreed. Makes sense the lava-y lining along with the lighting would be the issue. The textures don't seem as smooth either, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

It's still discussing the Deluxe skin.

I'm genuinely curious about this metallic sheen you keep referring to. You have as yet neglected to respond to my comment regarding my inability to see such a metallic sheen. Could you elaborate on it, please.

Yeah, sorry, I'm in the middle of responses and trying to find out how to insert an image properly. The "metallic-ness" can be better seen in my comparison photo I added. You have to click it, in its current state, to view it full-size. But I think it's exactly what EchoesOfRain stated, it looks metallic-y due to the lava-like lining around the rocks and the odd lighting, rather than creating lighting that would emphasize the rocky texture. Also, the texture seems to be a bit rough, though that is most likely due to the quality of the stream. I used "metallic-y" since I couldn't find a proper way of describing it before Echoes replied.

• Like 1

Looking more into it, it seems the finalizations they will be putting into it will help the "mess." It seems to be a common issue that would occur before models being finalized (i.e proper rendering), and the bright orbiter lighting doesn't help. The quality of the stream at times didn't do it justice, however. I'll wait to give a proper opinion until it is released, since complaining about something unfinished isn't the smartest thing to do (I'm talking about you, Pokemon community).

7 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Yeah, sorry, I'm in the middle of responses and trying to find out how to insert an image properly. The "metallic-ness" can be better seen in my comparison photo I added. You have to click it, in its current state, to view it full-size. But I think it's exactly what EchoesOfRain stated, it looks metallic-y due to the lava-like lining around the rocks and the odd lighting, rather than creating lighting that would emphasize the rocky texture. Also, the texture seems to be a bit rough, though that is most likely due to the quality of the stream. I used "metallic-y" since I couldn't find a proper way of describing it before Echoes replied.

Sorry man, when I look at the skin and how it's likely to actually look in game I just don't see it. It's not as 'matte' as the concept, sure, but shiny is a stretch.

• Like 2

WoSCk6i.png

Just a VERY quick mock-up...To the left is what the concept art looks like, to the right is the in-game model. The left looks a lot more natural, the right looks messy and tacked on for the sake of literally outlining the angular edges

Pretty spot on. If it didn't have those weird outlines I feel like I'd appreciate it more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

We need as much threads as we can have about this so they are aware of our pain for this skin and fix it lol

WoSCk6i.png

Just a VERY quick mock-up...To the left is what the concept art looks like, to the right is the in-game model. The left looks a lot more natural, the right looks messy and tacked on for the sake of literally outlining the angular edges

If they tone down the outlines and make it more subtle, then emphasize the lighting on the edges, I think it'd be amazing. The outline seems like a great idea, I think there's just too much of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sorry man, when I look at the skin and how it's likely to actually look in game I just don't see it. It's not as 'matte' as the concept, sure, but shiny is a stretch.

It's cool bro. My point is never to convince someone of something, just talk about it. I'm welcome to all opinions and am happy you like the skin. I, myself, really feel like it's the outlines, like a few others have posted here. I feel like if it wasn't so much, it would look nicer. I also feel like the texture oddities (in my opinion) are due to the skin not being finalized. I will wait to form an proper opinion until it's released, but my current opinion stands at, "The outlining of the rocks is visually overwhelming, please tone it down."