Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Kubrows.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Personally I like kubrows. I think they are quite amazing when forma'd and worked up. I can take mine with me and she does a heck of a lot of damage and feeds me energy and ammo while I am in the field. The only time I do not want her with me is when I am farming genetic codes because she will kill the kavats faster than I can scan them. I raise and sell kavats but more often than not it's a kubrow by my side. 

Edited by Dharlee

On 2019-08-19 at 10:01 PM, Dharlee said:

Personally I like kubrows

I do too. But this 👇 is unacceptable

Just Slova Prime with her $60 Kubrow Prime that likes to hump and ignore and completely miss infested enemies. This is straight up embarrassing. 

Can't wait for BL3 so DE can see how real pet AI is supposed to work. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

Folks are talking about the Mecha set, but it seems inconsistent in actual use. It only works if you (or another Kubrow user with the mecha set) get the killing blow on the marked target. Even if you do land the killing blow, the actual activation doesn't seem to always.

On 2019-08-25 at 6:01 AM, TheStardustTenno said:

Folks are talking about the Mecha set, but it seems inconsistent in actual use. It only works if you (or another Kubrow user with the mecha set) get the killing blow on the marked target. Even if you do land the killing blow, the actual activation doesn't seem to always.

If you one shot an enemy it won't work. You have to apply status before you kill the enemy. That being said, finding the mark outside Simulacrum can be very challenging.

14 hours ago, Bristoling said:

If you one shot an enemy it won't work. You have to apply status before you kill the enemy. That being said, finding the mark outside Simulacrum can be very challenging.

I'm aware that you can't one-shot enemies. I've been sure to apply slash procs before killing the target, for instance.

I have done my Howl of The Kubrow quest and start using my new great Kub.

As the mission level went higher and I din't have money to constantly upkeep her health (apparently dog granules cost thousands of credits in the future) she started to die over and over again. Not to mention unable to fetch items (no Vacuum).

So she is now nibbling stuff in my orbiter, and I'm only taking robotic companions on missions.

Seriously number one thing every MMO does for pets: they by default take wastly reduced (like 90% reduction) damage from AoE.

Because otherwise they just be constantly dead. Which they are in this game.

23 minutes ago, Ayures said:

Balance them together since apart is apparently too difficult.

Makes no sense at all, pets (kubs, kavs) and sentinels behave very differently.

Pets are much more autonomous moving around, sentinels just hang on your shoulder. This means that sentinels always avoid "fire" that is on the ground (since they hover), and they avoid any AoE that you do, because the always stay with you. Pets are not like that.

2 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Before we get completely off topic. 

Kubrows are still stupid. Can't max mods. Stats are hot garbo. Thier animations are embarrassing. Do something DE. Kubrows needing a complete overhaul. Something. 

Its pretty much a lack of Pet revamping honestly. The fact a Helminth charger & i assume all non-robotic pets in general have sheet for status effects, kind of kills one of the only saving graces kubrows could have since they normally have BUILD SPACE to put on some elemental mods. Because they cannot even status proc for crap, they are just kavats without the useful precept buffs to let them stun/armor strip/multi-hit several enemies, if those things even still work.

That is not counting the majesty of charm & Cat`s eye either, and having about 2 to 3 times the extra base damage on SLASH, kind of is poopy if they cant even proc that chunky raw number to use that slash damage, since they will likely get damage shafted by shields & armor, which you cannot expect them to chew thru if they can`t strip armor or even in some cases, magnetic or radiation proc.

This is kind of why the massive argument that pets need a claws/fang weapon slot exist, similar to the exalted mod bench we have on exalted weapons to give them a place where they can be built to have actual damage & status chances & their damage/action based precepts. So they have room to put everything on them, when honestly the personal type precepts of non-sentinel pets need to just be INNATE to the animals instead of needing to be slotted on like we are still in early warframe where we had 4 slots for each of the warframe abilites or they were greyed out.

Its funny that weapons/warframes have too many mods and little room for diversity, Yet in Arch gun, Archwing, K-drive & Pets cases, they have not enough useful mods or stats to even make use of them. Rivens are completely omitted here by the way since those are just skeleton keys to fill whatever remaining space is needed to be filled, except people just smash its giant rectangle sized shape of a damage stick in the tiny circle hole, even when the weapon already has more then enough `damage stats` to work with.