Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] - Oviume the dream stalker

MisticHD

Greetings fellow tenno I am here to present you my (raw) concept of a warframe called Oviume.

Here is her concept art.

oviume___warframe_by_chaosdominus_ddbnnu

Let's talk about her.

Oviume (Ovium-sheep in Latin and Yume-dream in Japanese) is a warframe that controls and consumes dreams.

She can manipulate the very fabric of stolen dreams to hurt her enemies and heal her allies.

She decides what is real and what is not.

Her passive is called Stolen dreams.

With the use of her abilities Oviume collects dream shards. With the set number of those her appearance changes (eyes on her body are opening and her dress starts to look more sinister). Also the more shards she possess the higher chance for attacking enemy to fall asleep. If it occurs one shard is consumed. 1 shards is 1% chance. Max 100 dream shards.

Her first ability is called Bane. (exalted weapon) (basically magic)

Oviume summons her powers as a ranged dual weapon (that shoots bolts of energy like magic). With every successful hit she deals x dmg and gains dream shards. Bane deals tripled dmg to sleeping targets. If Bane is active melee attacks have the same effects.

Her second ability is called Dreamwell. (fog like umbrella is spreading from the target)

Selected enemy is instantly put to deeps sleep, after that his dreams start to seep out to his surroundings. Every enemy that enters this area is put to sleep and receives x dmg over time and also gives Oviume one dream shard upon entry. Allies that enter dreamwell are healed every half a second and their status effects are removed.

Alternative use: Oviume can use dream shards to rapidly collapse all active Dreamwells to deal massive dmg to all affected enemies.

Enemies attacked by the Bane are not waking up.

Her third ability is called Nightmare. (something like kubrov maybe?)

Oviume consumes a large number of dream shards to summon a powerful beast called Dreamshade. This amalgamation of stolen nightmares follows Oviume and attacks her enemies until it dies. It posses an protective aura that reduces the received dmg for all allies in its range. It also attracts enemies to attack it. Every enemy that is killed by Dreamshade yields two dream shards for Oviume.

Shooting Dreamshade with Bane attacks heals it.

Her fourth ability is called Eternal Rest. (Revenant's old ult but with a twist)

Oviume spreads her dream shards across the battlefield and puts everyone affected to deep slumber. Every enemy consumes one shards.

For the duration of this ability affected enemies cannot be awaken in any means and receive tripled dmg from all sources. (Bane deals six time the dmg)

Alternative fourth ability: Gaze of Terror (nightmare medusa)

Oviume consumes x(20) dream shards and shoots them at the enemies in form of nightmares. (She gazes at them like medusa in form of cone attack) All affected enemies are put under the effect of fear, receive bonus dmg from all sources (and maybe are slowed too) and yield dream shards upon death. Additional effect, enemies that are sleeping receive massive dmg. (on addition to normal effects of this skill)

There is much more to do with her I'm well aware of that. But tell me what you guys think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MisticHD said:

Her first ability is called Bane. (exalted weapon) (basically magic)

A bit odd sumoning exalted weapons as a first skills. To be more in line with the other frames just make her use the weapons once per skill cast. Give the weapon aoe or target chaning properties.

Her second ability is called Dreamwell. (fog like umbrella is spreading from the target)

Selected enemy is instantly put to deeps sleep, after that his dreams start to seep out to his surroundings. Every enemy that enters this area is put to sleep and receives x dmg over time and also gives Oviume one dream shard upon entry. Allies that enter dreamwell are healed every half a second and their status effects are removed.

I like the idea but I chage this skill so it can target buff alies and enemies.

When it target enemies.Does what it does now minus the heal.

When it targets ally. Heals , gives bonus power range and incresed aim glide.

Her third ability is called Nightmare. (something like kubrov maybe?)

Wuclone raises the bar for summmoning Skill , give him some unique propeties so it had a strong presense on the battlefield. Right now I also tring to desing a strong summon for the plant based frame I am design. The solution a came up with to make it strong but ptevent the summon doing all the work was : whenever you cast a skill , your summon cast a skills form his own set. For your dog I would suggest.

Whenever ovione fires bane , nightmare also fires a copy of bane shot.

Whenever ovione uses dream well , nighmare leaks part of the nighmares composing him into the real world. These nightmares manifest as smaller copies of nightmare. These copies will charge the closest enemy and attack them until their duration runs out.

If you recast nightmare while it is active, ovione will temporarily fuse herself with nightmare. The player will control the fusion ( I dont know about how realist this one is, maybe just abosorbe nighmare healing yourself and gaining a buff)

It also could use kubrow mods , like venari can use kavats mods.

3 hours ago, MisticHD said:

Her fourth ability is called Eternal Rest.

This one can achive some crazy damage if both bane damage mutiplier amd this ultimate damage multiplier are affected by power strength.

Overall nice concept, well thought out and creative.

Just a question would she use standard walking animations or she would usr wisp floating animations ?

4 hours ago, keikogi said:

A bit odd sumoning exalted weapons as a first skills. To be more in line with the other frames just make her use the weapons once per skill cast. Give the weapon aoe or target chaning properties.

Hildryn does the same, she has her exalted as first skill. Also she could hold attack button to make the projectile aoe (basically staticor)

I like the idea but I chage this skill so it can target buff alies and enemies.

When it target enemies.Does what it does now minus the heal.

When it targets ally. Heals , gives bonus power range and incresed aim glide.

I would leave this ability as it is now for now. It synergizes with her alternative ult more that way. Also I see that as something similar to triniti's 2 (maybe the healing range would be wider?) Plus yo can do multiple of wells.

Wuclone raises the bar for summmoning Skill , give him some unique propeties so it had a strong presense on the battlefield. Right now I also tring to desing a strong summon for the plant based frame I am design. The solution a came up with to make it strong but ptevent the summon doing all the work was : whenever you cast a skill , your summon cast a skills form his own set. For your dog I would suggest.

Whenever ovione fires bane , nightmare also fires a copy of bane shot.

Whenever ovione uses dream well , nighmare leaks part of the nighmares composing him into the real world. These nightmares manifest as smaller copies of nightmare. These copies will charge the closest enemy and attack them until their duration runs out.

If you recast nightmare while it is active, ovione will temporarily fuse herself with nightmare. The player will control the fusion ( I dont know about how realist this one is, maybe just abosorbe nighmare healing yourself and gaining a buff)

It also could use kubrow mods , like venari can use kavats mods.

I might consider some of those, it should use kubrov mods for sure. As for it skills I need to think it over. Maybe something with dreamwell, Oviume could cast it on Dreamshade and do some crazy stuff like fear aura or something. Or even crazier, If we will go with her second ult if Oviume casts Gaze of Terror, Dreamshade does too in form of Howl of Terror? That has smaller aoe but instead of cone affects everything around it.

As for her ult one, on paper it looks cool but as one of my friends said it might be useless with high dps frames like mesa. That's why she has alternative in form of Gaze of Terror ultimate.

Just a question would she use standard walking animations or she would usr wisp floating animations ?

Well she looks squishy and fragile almost as specter (In my head she looks like nightmarish version of a sheep humanoid) So yeah it would be nice to see her with floating animations.

Overall thank you for feedback!!

I honestly like the base concept a lot. Sleep is one of my favorite flavors of crowd control, and I like the stacking shards idea, like exhaustion building up to the point that enemies just drop.

I'm not sure where to start in terms of mechanical tweaks, but consider the name. It reminds me too much of "ovum," as in the cell that combines with sperm cells to (eventually) develop into a baby, so when I hear it I don't think of sleep so much as I do pregnancy.

19 minutes ago, MisticHD said:

Hildryn does the same, she has her exalted as first skill. Also she could hold attack button to make the projectile aoe (basically staticor) 

I was not aware of this, due to bad luck I could not play during the themina fracture events,  I just finished farming hildrin. Thx for the correction,

21 minutes ago, MisticHD said:

I would leave this ability as it is now for now. It synergizes with her alternative ult more that way. Also I see that as something similar to triniti's 2 (maybe the healing range would be wider?) Plus yo can do multiple of wells.

I was trying to distance it from well of life. But after thinking about it for thematic reasons it is better to keep it targeting only enemies (your visual design indicates she is all about nightmares, targeting allies would bring her to the happy dreams land). However, it's kind of odd all warframe can heal from nightmares (considering the enemy takes damage while sleeping I suppose they have a nightmare) (I’m fine with oviune herself healing from nightmares). You could it from healing to dropping a special buff based on the nightmare suffered by that enemy. I have 3 suggestions for these manifested nightmare buff

Pursuer - the warframe has increased sprint speed and bullet jump.

Dark Figures - upon pick up the warframe will spawn 4 copies of itself, these clones cannot do damage but can proc status

Crawler - Each 10 spawn x spiders (uses the mite raknoid body but made of shadows) in a 10 meters radius of the warframe. (the spiders also despawn after 10 seconds). These spiders will latch upon to the enemy and suck their energy out, reducing their damage output by X%. If they die while affected by this spider the enemy will give a dream shard and drop an energy orb.

Note: Based these on common nighmares

Allies can pick up the living nightmare buff, if they do so orviune also receive the buff. Orviune heals herelf by 150 health and shields whenever a nightmare buff is consumed.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

I was not aware of this, due to bad luck I could not play during the themina fracture events,  I just finished farming hildrin. Thx for the correction,

I was trying to distance it from well of life. But after thinking about it for thematic reasons it is better to keep it targeting only enemies (your visual design indicates she is all about nightmares, targeting allies would bring her to the happy dreams land). However, it's kind of odd all warframe can heal from nightmares (considering the enemy takes damage while sleeping I suppose they have a nightmare) (I’m fine with oviune herself healing from nightmares). You could it from healing to dropping a special buff based on the nightmare suffered by that enemy. I have 3 suggestions for these manifested nightmare buff

Pursuer - the warframe has increased sprint speed and bullet jump.

Dark Figures - upon pick up the warframe will spawn 4 copies of itself, these clones cannot do damage but can proc status

Crawler - Each 10 spawn x spiders (uses the mite raknoid body but made of shadows) in a 10 meters radius of the warframe. (the spiders also despawn after 10 seconds). These spiders will latch upon to the enemy and suck their energy out, reducing their damage output by X%. If they die while affected by this spider the enemy will give a dream shard and drop an energy orb.

Note: Based these on common nighmares

Allies can pick up the living nightmare buff, if they do so orviune also receive the buff. Orviune heals herelf by 150 health and shields whenever a nightmare buff is consumed.

Hmm, you are right in terms of healing potential of her 2 I will look intro that.

Again thanks ;D