Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[NW2] Zealot Hunting (Updated with episode 4 tips)

Etzu

On 2019-07-15 at 8:17 AM, Etzu said:

The Zealot having a droplist, they're killable so they're not friendly.

Oh sh*t, you're right, nice catch btw

I still want to see that new infested unit they talked about, here, for those who didn't saw it already:

Spoiler

Untitled11.png

Il y a 14 heures, (PS4)Silverback73 a dit :

Speculation I’ve seen (can’t take credit) is that the “Arlo” strain is a functional strain of infested that will allow for infested crewmen and an infested Empyrean ship and faction.

that's probably me on the first page, but I'm probably not the only one that came up with that idea on it beeing a lore way to justify Empyrean flying infested intelligence.

Il y a 12 heures, evilChair a dit :

any devotee/nidus special interactions? the infested strains don't take kindly to one another, given how the helminth (and by extension nidus) is ok with killing other infested.

Nidus dying ? wait... Why would a nidus die ? XD (didn't test, but can be interessting to verify)

Il y a 12 heures, Xenox_Ilz-ot a dit :

I still want to see that new infested unit they talked about, here, for those who didn't saw it already:

This one is probably the new brood mother, or a totally new unit (but those spider legs are very interesting and come from nowhere we actually know)

Also the new infested ancients shown in Empyrean demo are very nice, their arm swings are less "I'm spiderman throwing a wire at you heheh, like those grineer scorpions you know" and way more infested.

4 minutes ago, Etzu said:

This one is probably the new brood mother, or a totally new unit (but those spider legs are very interesting and come from nowhere we actually know)

Also the new infested ancients shown in Empyrean demo are very nice, their arm swings are less "I'm spiderman throwing a wire at you heheh, like those grineer scorpions you know" and way more infested.

I think both of them are new units, not just reskins 

il y a 9 minutes, Xenox_Ilz-ot a dit :

I think both of them are new units, not just reskins

Technically the ancient one was tagged "infested ancient", and ancients aren't 100% infestation as in they're fossilised things brought back to life and cloned, not contamined by the infestation releashed by those damn grineer and alad V, so yes probably the "infested ancient" is some kind of upgraded elite version of the ancient, as we heard the noise of the juggernaut when they entered the mission but only that big new infested bad boy was there.

Also the tileset of that infested tower was a variation of the lua tileset with infestation on it, maybe all of this infestation arround Arlo is some kind of ... "original" infestation, I'm impatient to learn more about them soon(tm) and face those zealots.

Okay I don't know how many of you already saw the episode 2 of NW2, but damn we're screwed.

The name "Emissary of Eris" was heard, and I saw a tenno female (like a rescue target) in that diorama.

As someone already said in this thread, and as Han Solo said : "I Got a Bad Feeling About That"

1 hour ago, Etzu said:

Okay I don't know how many of you already saw the episode 2 of NW2, but damn we're screwed.

Sounds like old Kenga is jumpstarting a nice sect on Eris. Arlo is the hand, and he is the voice, and I bet the two of them can cooperate perfectly together. Like, if there was a joint mind behind them, controlling both.

Rejoice.

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)Viveeeh a dit :

Sounds like old Kenga is jumpstarting a nice sect on Eris. Arlo is the hand, and he is the voice, and I bet the two of them can cooperate perfectly together. Like, if there was a joint mind behind them, controlling both.

Rejoice.

The question is... Who is the brain ? or What ?

Reading the wiki, and watching some youtube video about episode 2 I'm starting to realise that an idea I had directly at the start of episode 1 is starting to become more and more realistic.

Arlo is a Healer, a boy dead for three years, but alive with no voice but an healing touch. That's exactly the Corrupted Ancient Imprint description for how the lorist healing stuff worked, they pulse their energy into people to heal them, and that's close to what Arlo can do, curing all he's curing, only a Lorist Healer can do that.

And all the Lorist got eradicated long ago, and became Ancients.

What makes me confirming that more and more is that when a Devotee is spawned in mission, he'll apply the same effect as an ancient healer would. So either the thing they're carrying is a serum based on some ancient healer genecode or they're all brainwashed, and ultimatly all dead, by some very old infestation strain linked to the ancients. (which seems to lead to the idea about the new infested ancient units coming soon)

Also an interesting observation about the diorama of episode 2 is that the room is grineerish, makes me think of a grineer sea-lab storage room, but the main door access to it is ... The big doors used in the Corpus ship tileset. I have no idea where arlo and his devotees are right now, but they seems to not be on eris anymore, no one would go there just to be cured, way too dangerous due to the massive infestation cluster on eris.

Right now I think we're still not able to encounter zealots, but maybe we're able to encounter vengar somewhere in the game, probably on a neutral zone.

That's all the "new" info I got for now, mainly lore I know, but maybe that will help someone to figure out how to make those Zealot finnally appears.

• Like 1

Le 16/07/2019 à 01:12, TheRealShade a dit :

You sure the devotees spawn only when you get downed? I had one spawn in a mission without me dying.

I got downed in orb vallis and one camed and revived me , i also saw some come for downed teammates a few times  

On 2019-07-18 at 3:03 PM, Etzu said:

Nidus dying ? wait... Why would a nidus die ? XD (didn't test, but can be interessting to verify)

I wanna rephrase myself. The Helminth calls Nidus "master" and seems to be the powerhouse behind Nidus' abilities. The Helminth also differentiates between the Operator and Nidus, which means that to some extent warframes maintain a certain amount of personality independence, even if they're basically in sleep mode once the Operator personally gets up. It leads me to believe that Nidus is some kind of flagbearer for the Helminth strain. Seeing how Nidus doesn't get picky over what to abuse using 2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-3, including other infested, it leads me to believe that individual infested strains in fact do harbour much mutual animosity.

As for getting Arlo's medicult operatives to spawn (for scans, I assume), i suggest playing bait - get a teammate who can tank at high levels and act as a guardian angel in general (nidus or inaros), then pop off you own health, shields, armour, resistance mods (but keep rage and other stuff to pump up abilities -- you need to be a glass cannon), put on the bleeding and decaying dragon keys and keep getting downed until one of those guys spawns, with your teammate as backup. With nothing to augment your shields, armour, and health, you're pretty much a constant beacon for field medics who will appear if you so much as shoot an explosive barrel next to you.

For the "bleedout guy" of the two I use an Oberon with rage, ability strength+efficiency mods (so that i can use my 3 to control where and when i go down), and a maxed undying will because I'm sure that the longer you're into bleedout, the higher the chances of a field medic saying hi from nowhere.

Edited by evilChair

Il y a 1 heure, evilChair a dit :

I wanna rephrase myself. The Helminth calls Nidus "master" and seems to be the powerhouse behind Nidus' abilities. The Helminth also differentiates between the Operator and Nidus, which means that to some extent warframes maintain a certain amount of personality independence, even if they're basically in sleep mode once the Operator personally gets up. It leads me to believe that Nidus is some kind of flagbearer for the Helminth strain. Seeing how Nidus doesn't get picky over what to abuse using 2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-3, including other infested, it leads me to believe that individual infested strains in fact do harbour much mutual animosity.

Yup, the confirmation of what you're pointing is revealed in atlas quest where the golem is totally effrayed when he realise what we are for real, but that part is still obscure to me if he fears the tenno or the helminth.

And I think Nidus was the pinacle of the "full infested techno-frame, with minimum orokination", probably one of the latest warframe built or just one fully infested design, it works so why not ? Remember that lore wise those were designed during wartime, in war you want to win, so everything is good to outrun your opponent especially for a godish empire as the orokin were with totally no care of inferor species casualties and cloning etc.

24 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Yup, the confirmation of what you're pointing is revealed in atlas quest where the golem is totally effrayed when he realise what we are for real, but that part is still obscure to me if he fears the tenno or the helminth.

It was quite a while ago, when I played the Jordas Precept, and I don't remember this. Could you elaborate? What happened? 

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)Viveeeh a dit :

It was quite a while ago, when I played the Jordas Precept, and I don't remember this. Could you elaborate? What happened? 

Check the wiki for the quest quote, or get the quest dialogue on youtube, but basically it hints, as in the glast gambit, that there are some infested "brain-strain" that fear other "brain-strain" for ... whatever reason ? Maybe they're agoraphobic .. ? *shrug*

17 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Check the wiki for the quest quote, or get the quest dialogue on youtube, but basically it hints, as in the glast gambit, that there are some infested "brain-strain" that fear other "brain-strain" for ... whatever reason ? Maybe they're agoraphobic .. ? *shrug*

yeah, i think that the statement in TGG was that the infestation is afraid of crossbreeds and things that it can't take over, which is why it is hostile to derelict cats (which have infested pustules on themselves and eat the infested, but aren't infested themselves) and warframes. it's afraid of immunity, which seems to be creeping in through populations such as derelict cats, the myconans, the tenno, etc.

every parasite tends to sap its host until it kills it, so the infestation as a hive-mind is afraid of immunity because it will die if it can't further infect, especially as every other faction is helping out in having infested numbers decline.

• Like 1

à l’instant, evilChair a dit :

which is why it is hostile to derelict cats

Nah that's not the reality, the reality is that CATS are hostile to infestation, kavats were breed to hunt and destroy infested hive, check the encrypted journal (ghoul fragment) obtained from ghoul purge event for Khora story and infos about kavats and infestation.

6 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Nah that's not the reality, the reality is that CATS are hostile to infestation, kavats were breed to hunt and destroy infested hive, check the encrypted journal (ghoul fragment) obtained from ghoul purge event for Khora story and infos about kavats and infestation.

I didn't read the fragments because I listened to Savah's diary and rejected the rest of the text as fluff (much like ordis' own fragments tell little if you're not listening to his double-bottom entires), so I just went with my own impression that derelict kavats were orokin pets that went feral after the fall.

Il y a 10 heures, evilChair a dit :

so I just went with my own impression that derelict kavats were orokin pets that went feral after the fall.

That's it, they're bio-engineered terminators purposed to annihilate infestation.

Il y a 6 heures, Xenox_Ilz-ot a dit :

I'm getting bored already, I really hoped they'll add something new in the next act

I agree laast serie had at least those fugitives to hunt down, but now we're just waiting for the next daily act and the zealots to appears, let's hope the interaction between the serie 2 and the overall game, maybe on episode 3 in two weeks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, (PS4)dieyungsveyurslf said:

Just saw to zealots and nobody has any real info about them. They look kinda like red veil followers with something similar to the nightwave rewards operator outfit mask. They gave me nightwave standing after I killed them. Was not expecting them to spawn on hydron either. 

Where did you find them?