Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[NW2] Zealot Hunting (Updated with episode 4 tips)

Etzu

Zealots just started spawning , they wear an infested outfit , are hostile to the player and give you some emissary standing upon defeat 

It also seem that they don't die immeadiately upon being killed instead going in some kind of downed state wich makes me think they might have the ability to revive each others 

I encountered them while doing a red veil alert 

Edited by (PS4)phazonman

Just now, (PS4)phazonman said:

Zealots just started spawning , they wear an infested outfit , are hostile to the player and give you some emissary standing upon defeat 

It also seem that they don't die immeadiately upon being killed instead going in some kind of downed state wich makes me think they might have the ability to revive each others 

I encountered them while doing a red veil alert 

is there a heads up for them showing up like the fugitives where their marked regaudless of you seeing them? 

Well i found some of them and here is some information i can share

Spoiler

435N9jW.jpg

this one attacks with the torid or some flamethrower version of it when i killed them he got knocked down and could not be captured but did not vanish just stayed down maybe it could be revived

Spoiler

wiGqqGw.jpg

This one attacks with a rapid fire weapon and will start shrugging off CC the more you apply it (unsure of the other one since i got a good look at it on first cast) killing this one killed the other one and rewarded me 50 Arlo NW points 

Spoiler

ZAXbkx8.jpg

here is just a bonus picture Edit: just noticed the second picture's weapon it kinda looks like a that automatic pistol mirage came with  but infested 

Edited by seprent

Those guys just look creepy 😓

27 minutes ago, (PS4)phazonman said:

also seem that they don't die immeadiately upon being killed instead going in some kind of downed state wich makes me think they might have the ability to revive each others 

I wonder if the devotees can revive them? Or... Are they the devotees, beginning to transform into... something else? That black one in the screenshots Serpent posted doesn't look quite human. 

Have any of you guys met devotees since the zealots started spawning?

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Those guys just look creepy 😓

I wonder if the devotees can revive them? Or... Are they the devotees, beginning to transform into... something else? That black one in the screenshots Serpent posted doesn't look quite human. 

Have any of you guys met devotees since the zealots started spawning?

I killed one of the Zealot when i was invisible with my Loki to see if they revive eachother or if a Devotee shows up but the other Zealot just stand still and does nothing. 

Haven't seen Devotees in a long time since i rarely die when going solo but i've seen them in Sorties when team members get downed.

Edited by SkalleBonk

After watching the 3rd episode of this Nightwave, and looking at the different variants of zealots, looks like the devotees are transforming into them, every type is on a different level on becoming infested. This is very well done, and interesting, I wonder how will they look at the end of the series!

i encounter the infested devotee ( zealot ) in the open world at Orb Valis. It is just like the first night wave prisoners. They can not be looted by Ivara though. Only 2 show up at a time in open world. you get 25 stand per devotee 50 total.. it took forever to spawn. I posted my video in youtube. check it out. 

https://youtu.be/FC0FKDZd9FE

Fully scanned descriptions:

Zealot Herald: 

Spoiler

CE75D904EA680F6A92F5FF38FA602ED1ABE6C9DF

Zealot Proselytizer:

Spoiler

5A5FA7B9A482C5AE14723FE16B99F4B8A54720E7

Based upon their descriptions and Nora from Episode 3, they're aggressively converting anyone into a devoted member of the Emissary by those "healed by the stain of the Emissary" or anyone who interacted with a Devotee. Hence why the Zealots are hunting us too.

Interestingly, their armor is the Infested Sinew, which before the Zealots was only exclusive to the Jordas Golem.

Edited by Duality52

12 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Fully scanned descriptions:

Zealot Herald: 

Hide contents

CE75D904EA680F6A92F5FF38FA602ED1ABE6C9DF

Zealot Proselytizer:

Hide contents

5A5FA7B9A482C5AE14723FE16B99F4B8A54720E7

Based upon their descriptions and Nora from Episode 3, they're aggressively converting anyone into a devoted member of the Emissary by those "healed by the stain of the Emissary" or anyone who interacted with a Devotee. Hence why the Zealots are hunting us too.

Interestingly, their armor is the Infested Sinew, which before the Zealots was only exclusive to the Jordas Golem.

(infested sinew also appears on the hemocyst and is statwise identical to alloy armour)

okay, so the point is that instead of getting infested immediately, the people healed by arlo are actually in a debt to him to get infested later? talk about a deal with the devil.

also, there's something odd about them - their heads look like zephyr prime's helmet a little; also note the "attacking with blade and gun" (as opposed to "gun and blade") – the "message" could be

Spoiler

a rogue Helminth strain.