Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[NW2] Zealot Hunting (Updated with episode 4 tips)

Etzu

On 2019-08-08 at 11:37 AM, toafarmer said:

Where did you find them?

Hydron, then running bounties in Fortuna they seem to come whenever and are marked when they spawn. So far it's been on the outer edges of whatever area I'm at. And mission types have varied. I believe they are connected with the new nightwave broadcast. If you haven't seen it yet check it out. It's pretty insane where the Warframe lore is going.

Le 09/08/2019 à 22:01, Myscho a dit :

Their body is just re-used operator suit from Nightwave S02 reward in different stages

It's the opposite, the final reward is the cosmetic used for them.

---

Okay so I'm done with the Gamejam I was busy with, and now let's study their pattern !

First tip: avoid grineer missions. Why ? Cause Manic used to prevent the saturn six fugitives to spawn on S1.

Second tip: avoid PoE. The Thumper were also blocking the spawn of the fugitives on S1.

Third tip: let's make the fracture controlled to get a potential x2 score against them in orb vallis.

23 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Third tip: let's make the fracture controlled to get a potential x2 score against them in orb vallis.

I may be wrong but I dont get a double standing for them on Orb Valis. (In 3 attemps)
Also yhey have (propably) the same chance as "Saturn six fugitive". When it was first NW then on OV or POE they spawn average every 20 minutes and last night i spend over 3 hours testing this same mechanism. First group spawn in 5-20 minutes, second 20 minutes later only 3rd group spawn bettwen 20-30minut later. I tested this 10 times since they shown.

Edited by Tistao
Addition

Le 14/08/2019 à 11:15, Tistao a dit :

I may be wrong but I dont get a double standing for them on Orb Valis. (In 3 attemps)

The fracture status must be "under control" for it to apply the x2 bonus in the vallis.

Gonna update the main post with the tips I gathered during serie 1.

On 2019-07-14 at 9:25 PM, Etzu said:

Entire Jupiter tileset may be blocking their spawn mecanics if the Amalgams groups use the same mecanics.

isn't the almagams spawning depending on the alarm level (at least for those mission were alarms of any issue)?

in any case, every time i encountered the zealots (also, only herold and proselitizer - the baptizer might come in later episodes) was after i spend at least 5 minutes in a mission (maybe more) e.g. i got them in every syndicate mission when i spend time looking for the medallions, which takes usually more than 5 minutes.

i doubt they use any kind of spawning mechanism the 'assassin' type of enemies do but use their own. i had them appear on jupiter and the plains too, but since there is no real rythm in their appearance, it's hard to prove any connection to other units spawning... well except maybe if someone witness them appear at the same time, then this would be prove enough.

Le 16/08/2019 à 19:57, fr4gb4ll a dit :

isn't the almagams spawning depending on the alarm level (at least for those mission were alarms of any issue)?

I've not study enought the amalgams to confirm that or not.

About the current spawned mobs only proz' and herald, I'm sure the Baptizer is planned to come later as a one that maybe can corrupt your ?

It's a baptizer, meaning his role is to give some kind of entering ritual, so maybe he will transform mobs arround into infested, or even infest your warframe (similar mecanics to zanuka capture ?) but his drop table is identical as the two others, no extra loot, no weapon etc so I doubt that's what will occure.

And you're right, it's not the assassin mecanics, it's another similar to the Sentient spawner on Lua and Uranus.

Edited by Etzu

On 2019-07-14 at 1:25 PM, Etzu said:

an enthropic algorythme spawn mecanic type

I have no idea wtf this is supposed to mean but I've found that they spawn every ~20 minutes on Orb Vallis just like in Season 1. I got a bunch of scans and Nora rep while completing my floof collection from start to finish last week.

On 2019-08-20 at 5:20 PM, Etzu said:

And you're right, it's not the assassin mecanics, it's another similar to the Sentient spawner on Lua and Uranus.

the sentients, at least those on lua, uses differents spawn methods - if we forget the 'spotter' ones that need to see (or feel) you before it calls their big brothers in to fight. for example, the sentient 'spawning' time in the extermination/crossfire node on lua is about one minute after mission start - always, but where the scanning sentients will actuall be in the level can differ a lot. then, the spawning in the mobile defense seems to be annoyingly during the part when you have defend the console from destruction... in the survival node, they seem to spawn in rather fixed timeframes, similar to the rotations plus one or minutes.

so, if the zealots behave like them, we might see the same different 'behavior' in their spawning mechanic... which is something i'll try to keep in mind (meaning to put in mind what mission i witness them, when and under whatever circumstance).

all in all, they sure seems to be less frequent than the saturn six fugitives were... and they give less standing too ^^)

Le 21/08/2019 à 22:31, fr4gb4ll a dit :

the sentients, at least those on lua, uses differents spawn methods - if we forget the 'spotter' ones that need to see (or feel) you before it calls their big brothers in to fight. for example, the sentient 'spawning' time in the extermination/crossfire node on lua is about one minute after mission start - always, but where the scanning sentients will actuall be in the level can differ a lot. then, the spawning in the mobile defense seems to be annoyingly during the part when you have defend the console from destruction... in the survival node, they seem to spawn in rather fixed timeframes, similar to the rotations plus one or minutes.

so, if the zealots behave like them, we might see the same different 'behavior' in their spawning mechanic... which is something i'll try to keep in mind (meaning to put in mind what mission i witness them, when and under whatever circumstance).

all in all, they sure seems to be less frequent than the saturn six fugitives were... and they give less standing too ^^)

Sentients on lua use an entrophic algorythme too, meaning each X sec they attempt to spawn, if they don't, their chance to spawn on the next X sec will increase up to a cap. That's how the Saturn Six Fugitives worked, and that's also how the Zealots seem to work.
On Uranus the sentients occulysts use the same method, and that's why you will never see any zealot on Ophelia for example.
The cap is reached ~~ 20min, that's why it seems to be fixed in survival, but in mobile def I think there is an objective addition to the algorythme too.

And actually they spawn the same rate as the saturn six, just less at once, and also remember we're only at episode 3, so their global overall spawn chance may increase with further episodes.

2 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Killing both zealots gives you 50 standing.

Whereas before you got 50 standing for each fugitive, for a total of 150 standing for a single encounter, 3x as much.

true, but we also have a new catchup mechanic for the challenges themselves whereas before, fugitives were the only way to make up for missed challenges. So they are easier to ignore (if they don't chase you and teleport in front of you)

on the last several times i got them in my missions it was all around 5 minute in-mission (meaning, if you one waited a lot of time in e.g. survival, it took that bit longer)... or not at all - i waited specifically for them a few times when they did not spawn at this point. if Etzu is right with the entrophic algorithm (and if DE made it NOT like their RNG algorithm ^^), then that might be why and i could then had them spawned soon after.

what i did not witnessed so far is them spawning any time earlier than 5 minutes (or at least not when i took notice on them doing so).

hmm, i just had zealots and sentients spawned at the same time in plato/lua. it was just about one minute into the mission... actually, i had just entered the first hallway when i ran into the occulyst (who called their big brothers) and the two zealot buggers (which i swiped away in one attack without even seeing them before). so it seems either a glitch, or that the zealots and sentients can co-exist in a mission even when they use the same spawning mechanism, the do so apparently seperatly from one another.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Il y a 14 heures, Kwikwilyaqa a dit :

Found one just now with the introduction of chapter 4 (he was in a group of 3 zealots and they rewarded 200 standing):

Yep now the 3 zealot group grant 200 standing.

Le 24/08/2019 à 22:29, fr4gb4ll a dit :

then that might be why and i could then had them spawned soon after.

That's basically the idea of the enthropic algorythme, each time it spawns it reset the counter and each loop_tick it increases the chances up to the cap.

--

We can now also get Standing by doing the Emissary Derelicts, gonna update the main post.

I had a baby frame out this morning and all new stuff as well. I saw that this baptizer came out with the others and for some odd reason I could not seem to kill him. Not that he was so hard to kill, but he had a grey health bar and took no damage from any source. Not spoiler mode damage (like Kuva Knights) no melee, no anything. It appeared to me that he was either rezzing his cohorts or creating new ones from other mobs or a combination of both. In short, I "killed" or knocked out the others around 15 times before he finally died and I still don't know why he finally died. Interesting. I'd just like to know what the mechanics of this are supposed to be.

Il y a 9 heures, Dharlee a dit :

I had a baby frame out this morning and all new stuff as well. I saw that this baptizer came out with the others and for some odd reason I could not seem to kill him. Not that he was so hard to kill, but he had a grey health bar and took no damage from any source. Not spoiler mode damage (like Kuva Knights) no melee, no anything. It appeared to me that he was either rezzing his cohorts or creating new ones from other mobs or a combination of both. In short, I "killed" or knocked out the others around 15 times before he finally died and I still don't know why he finally died. Interesting. I'd just like to know what the mechanics of this are supposed to be.

The Baptizer requieres the Herald and Proselitizer to be killed first then it looses its invincibility.

They also got kamikazing bombing ability, the three of them but not sure if it kills them or just damage the players.

extra tip: on the Orb Vallis, it seems like if you're in solo and let the Zealots kill you, then resurrect yourself and kill them, it lets another group spawn later, so you can get multiple encounters from one outing.

I haven't had more than one group show up if I kill the first one without being downed.

Just now, gmshh said:

extra tip: on the Orb Vallis, it seems like if you're in solo and let the Zealots kill you, then resurrect yourself and kill them, it lets another group spawn later, so you can get multiple encounters from one outing.

I haven't had more than one group show up if I kill the first one without being downed.

I've often had two squads spawn one after the other, not even 10s between terminating the first and the next one spawning, in both s1 and s2, without having to get downed. then again, that was not on OV, and OV is OV, and OV is a hot mess

• Like 2

il y a 7 minutes, evilChair a dit :

I've often had two squads spawn one after the other, not even 10s between terminating the first and the next one spawning, in both s1 and s2, without having to get downed. then again, that was not on OV, and OV is OV, and OV is a hot mess

No, OV is a Cold Mess ! xD
And that actually happens in regular mission too, I don't know the exact timing between two Entropic Ticks and it could be different depending on directX 10 an 11 too maybe, and it doesn't really matter.
To me avoiding to get downing is better cause technically dying = reseting everything, and in an entropic algorythme you prefer stacking ticks than reseting ticks.

4 minutes ago, Etzu said:

No, OV is a Cold Mess ! xD
And that actually happens in regular mission too, I don't know the exact timing between two Entropic Ticks and it could be different depending on directX 10 an 11 too maybe, and it doesn't really matter.
To me avoiding to get downing is better cause technically dying = reseting everything, and in an entropic algorythme you prefer stacking ticks than reseting ticks.

I thought that nightwave squad spawning relied on a PsRNG roll to determine whether there will be another squad followed by a PsRNG roll to determine how soon.

Anyways, what's the difference between entropic ticks and stochastic PsRNG?; you've got me interested.