Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[NW2] Zealot Hunting (Updated with episode 4 tips)

Etzu

Hey there,

I've found in the public drop tables the name of three unkown units:

• Zealot Baptizer (encountered since episode 4)
  • Zealot Herald (encountered since episode 3)
  • Zealot Proselytizer (encountered since episode 3)

According to their name, and their droplist, they're linked to Nightwave serie 2 as the Devotee are (followers of Arlo that can spawn randomly on a tenno death to revive the fallen tenno).

I didn't actually encounterd any Zealot during my tests, they seems to have a different encountering method compared to the serie 1 Fugitives that were based on an enthropic algorythme spawn mecanic type that increased their spawn chance by time passing up to a max cap reached arround 20 minutes, and that's not how Zealot spawns.

So Tenno, let's hunt and gather information here together to locate those heretics.

## Update 2019 August 15 ##

So they started to show since episode 3 release. It seems they're using a similar spawning pattern as the Saturn Six fugitives during serie 1.

Here are the tips I gathered on how to farm them.

• Avoid Sentient-Spawning missions, (uranus, lua), they seems to use the same game algorythme type, and the priority is on the mission base spawn units. (need confirmation for zealot) [Uranus not spawning them, info on 2019 August 20]
  • Avoid Plains of Eidolon, the Tusk Thumper seems to use the same spawning mecanics too, and the priority is on the mission base spawn units. (need confirmation for zealot)
  • Orb Vallis Thermia Fracture bonus, when the status is under control, will double the points. (need confirmation for zealot)
  • Entire Jupiter tileset may be blocking their spawn mecanics if the Amalgams groups use the same mecanics. (need confirmation for zealot)

It seems that the level of the zealot is based on the mission current level, so high level content will spawn very strong units. The saturn six from serie 1 were still easy to deal with even at high level as you just had to avoid their molotov. But the zealots are way more dangerous even as they spawn only by two instead of three.

For the serie 1 I farmed them first on pluto infested excavation, as mobs are braindead and it's a good way to farm relics meanwhile farming the nightwave standings. And when the thermia fracture event came with that double bonus I farmed on Orb Vallis with Ivara to farm both toroids and standing with extremly high efficiency of a x2 x2 + kavat charm (only for toroid), but it's repetitive as hell. Another good way is while doing kuva survival but it's high level content so maybe they're going to be too high level and annoying to deal with.

But since that we got Jovian Concorde update with the new gamemode disruption, which can sometime provide also x2 resource bonus but may have spawn blocking mecanics due to the amalgams and demolysts, this will need study and confirmation. My idea would be to do the disruption until getting the resource bonus and then just keep killing mobs over and over while waiting for the zealots to spawn. But it's also possible that this mission bonus won't apply to zealots.

Currently I think there is no specific mission that would increase their chance to spawn, just avoid the missions that have innate similar spawning mecanics.

## Update 2019 September 05 ##

Since the release of episode 4, the Baptizer spawn now with the Herald and the Proselytizer. They now reward 200 standing per group spawn.

There is also a new mecanic since the episode 4, by completing an Infestation Outbreak (the 3 mission of the node) you'll receive one Zealot Derelict Code, this allows to reach some new type of Derelict mission where some new infested units show and rewards some standing upon completion.

From my observations, no Zealots spawned on Uranus so far, but I've not farmed that much on Lua nor Jupiter nor Plains of Eidolon.

So now it's time to purge the heretics with fire !

Edited by Etzu
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Ah cripes, we actually have to go down in missions to summon this season's mobs?

only if you want to scan them, they dont give any extra points, there probebly going to be some NPC spawn that give points later as nightwave progress.

Il y a 10 heures, sleepychewbacca a dit :

They're more of a friendly NPC that'll revive you. 

That's only for the Devotee.

The Zealot having a droplist, they're killable so they're not friendly.

Il y a 10 heures, KnossosTNC a dit :

They will probably start spawning when Episode 2 comes on.

Yeah I thought about that possibility, but why are they already in the droplist then ? Maybe to not have to publish an hotfix / update on episode 2 on the 2nd week of the serie, we'll see. As they said the serie 2 will interact with the game, by changing some thing, it's totally possible.

Il y a 9 heures, (XB1)The Neko Otaku a dit :

Already didn't trust arlo, and this cements it. Calling it it's just a hyper intelligent strand of the infested that infects through more subtle methods such as a savior in the middle of a hive. 

Yeah I'm also wondering about that, as the serie 2 is named "the Emissary" and the final cosmetics, the Emissary Operator Suit, is totally an infested evil outfit I compared it to the serie 1 named "the Wolf of Saturn Six" that introduced a vilain dropping an armor bundle named after him. And those names "Zealots" made me thinking of a religious uprising, or an Inquisition, so either some fanatics will oppose Arlo and attack us, or Arlo's disciple will get corrupted and attack us.

And I'm realizing just right now that the Zealots mobs would probably appears using that Emissary suit.

39 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Yeah I thought about that possibility, but why are they already in the droplist then ? Maybe to not have to publish an hotfix / update on episode 2 on the 2nd week of the serie, we'll see. As they said the serie 2 will interact with the game, by changing some thing, it's totally possible.

Nto the first time the drop tables site has included extra information. Last season it listed the wolf mask before it was a possible drop, and had 2 different versions of the wolf before we got the boss fight with greater drops. 

So a typical religious outcome then, 

Starts nice with everyone saying how it's all about love and ends with some dude getting tortured and then skewered while select individuals benefit from the ignorance and fear of something that may or may not exist. 

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, Miser_able a dit :

Last season it listed the wolf mask before it was a possible drop

The non amalgamed version never dropped the mask, only the amalgamed wolf was able to drop it, and before the boss event. He turned sentient-amalgamed on the 4th episode, at least 4 weeks before the final event with the boss missions having (the mission) better drop chance.

Il y a 5 heures, Aldrr a dit :

Devotees are friendly, sure.

But from the sound of it, this'll start to turn sour once these Zealots begin spawning instead of "surprise field medic!"

Yeah I think there will be some kind of uprising,  you don't use the word "Zealot" outside of fanatism, so prepare your inquisitorial flamer for the battle and purge the heretics ! *wait, that's the wrong universe.*

Il y a 5 heures, 0_The_F00l a dit :

So a typical religious outcome then, 

Starts nice with everyone saying how it's all about love and ends with some dude getting tortured and then skewered while select individuals benefit from the ignorance and fear of something that may or may not exist. 

Well "start with love", nop, it start with "a dead boy lost his voice and now save some dudes that were supposed to die and now they owe him their life" this is the basic plot of an heretical group formation.

I'm really impatient to see that infested churche in the background of Arlo in the trailer / ingame episode.

AT LEAST this time Alad V is not involved in another infested mess... Or is he... ? (imagine amlagam of sentient and infestation, would be a pure nightmare)

Okay it seems that the description of the Emissary Operator Suit says "Become like Arlo's Devotee", so they're definitly going to mute into ennemy.

So we'll probably have to wait episode 2 for the enemy to appears.

Il y a 1 heure, Fallen77 a dit :

Sure you're not talking about devotee ? Cause I think I could have fond trace of em if they already did...

Devotee spawn randomly on tenno death during mission to come revive the fallen tenno and help abit.

Edited by Etzu

So these devotees are in the game now?  I've not seen any trace of them, mind you I can't honestly remember the last time I died in a mission.  I have seen other players die plenty of times though and these guys have never appeared to revive them so is it just an rng thing if they appear with a low chance akin to the wolf etc?

And is the only way to get them to spawn by dieing?   If so that kinda sucks.

My speculation for NW2:

Arlo is a friendly strain of infestation that frees people from the main strain by infecting them with it's strain. It does this intending to help it's "brothers and sisters" (the Warframes). 

Various human factions think Arlo is evil and has stolen their loved ones from them, even though they were already lost to the infestation. They send out Zealots, flamethrower and Energy weapon equipped Operatives, to burn out the devotees.

We as Tenno have to defend the devotees against increasingly vicious attacks in order to attain a powerful Ally for the New War.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47
  • Like 1