Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think we should convert Paracesis to 2-Handed Nikana!

LilChocolateNeko

Exactly what it says on the title! I have yet to see a forum dedicated to this matter so I'm going to just put it out there, though I have seen topics that brought it up which inspired me to make this forum! Some people argued that it would frustrate players who already have a heavy-blade build on it and didn't like the Wise Razor stance, while others say it should should be a double-purposed weapon like the Dark Split-Sword (basically, being able to use both heavy blade and 2HN stances).

I disagree with both arguments, and think that it should just be converted to a 2-handed nikana like the Tatsu. I've given a few reasons to why the Paracesis should be converted entirely from heavy blade to 2-handed nikana:

(1) We have enough heavy blades in the game as it is, with at least three outclassing the Paracesis in terms of stats, even after it reaches rank 40.

(2) It was reportedly supposed to be a 2-handed nikana at first, but the problem was that the Devs were still working on the mechanics for this new weapon type. Now that 2HNs are a thing, I think it's time we got something better to put Wise Razor on than the Tatsu.

(3) The Paracesis doesn't need to be a heavy blade, and for that matter, it doesn't even look like one. From it's size, it looks more like it should have been a longsword like the Dakra Prime. But then again, it's a bit too big to be that either.

(4) Who can deny that it wouldn't look good with the new Maligna skin? It's the perfect motivator to do the Nightwave missions this time!

Blue text denotes a submitted reason from comments.

THIS THREAD IS FOCUSED ON THE PARACESIS AND 2-HANDED NIKANA WEAPONS. PLEASE LEAVE GREATSWORDS LIKE THE WAR, GRAM, AND GALATINE OUT OF THIS DISCCUSION.

Edited by MCSuire
  • Like 25

45 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

and the Gram too, please

Seriously? I don't think the Gram is really designed to be swung like a nikana. xD

We have to remember that there's quite some differences between a greatsword (Gram) and an odachi (Tatsu). Eitherway, a tad off-topic.

Edited by MCSuire

An option to either choose a sword type at crafting, or reforging at an exorbiant amount of resources would be preferable. I never cared much for twohanded swords, and the nikana is my preferred melee weapon.

In the words of the venerable John Bain: Options are good.

2 hours ago, MCSuire said:

(2) It was reportedly supposed to be a 2-handed nikana at first, but the problem was that the Devs were still working on the mechanics for this new weapon type.

Reportedly? Where is some evidence of this? Baseless speculation isn’t a reason to change anything.

2 hours ago, MCSuire said:

(3) The Paracesis doesn't need to be a heavy blade, and for that matter, it doesn't even look like one. From it's size, it looks more like it should have been a longsword like the Dakra Prime. But then again, it's a bit too big to be that either.

Paracesis “doesn’t even look” like a heavy blade? What is a heavy blade supposed to look like then, especially compared to Tatsu? Because comparing the two, Paracesis has a noticeably thicker and heavier-looking blade then Tatsu does in my opinion.

Like I’m not really against changing Paracesis to a 2-Handed Nikana necessarily, but the above points don’t strike me as compelling reasons to do so. The only one with merit in my opinion is your first point: the “over-saturation” of heavy blade weapons, which I do agree with. I’d prefer splitting off Scindo and Zenistar into their own “Axe” weapon class though as an alternative solution to that issue.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FrostPrime said:

Reportedly? Where is some evidence of this? Baseless speculation isn’t a reason to change anything.

Paracesis “doesn’t even look” like a heavy blade? What is a heavy blade supposed to look like then, especially compared to Tatsu? Because comparing the two, Paracesis has a noticeably thicker and heavier-looking blade then Tatsu does in my opinion.

Like I’m not really against changing Paracesis to a 2-Handed Nikana necessarily, but the above points don’t strike me as compelling reasons to do so. The only one with merit in my opinion is your first point: the “over-saturation” of heavy blade weapons, which I do agree with. I’d prefer splitting off Scindo and Zenistar into their own “Axe” weapon class though as an alternative solution to that issue.

I'm definitely willing to admit that my argument is flawed, very flawed actually. If I was so sure they were going to do this, I probably wouldn't have cared enough to make a forum about it! xD

But yeah, there is no real evidence, just speculation based on the weapon's shape, concept art, and it's resemblance to the new Maligna skin. Additionally, I know this is a bit more of an aesthetic argument than a pragmatic one, but the thing is that the Paracesis has a wierd, non-symmetrical shape which is very unusual for greatsword weapons in this game. It actually looks more like it was intended to be an odachi-type weapon over a traditional greatsword.

TYPE-III.NODACHI.ODACHI.V1-2T.jpg

I'm probably just using wishful thinking right now though, I could be wrong and it may actually have been intended to be a greatsword all along! This is just my idea, based on opposition to idiots saying that it should be dual-purposed like the Dark Split-Sword. I'm in support of a full conversion rather than making a glitchy multi-purpose weapon. Everything has to have a balance, and we can't keep asking the Devs to add stuff to a decent weapon just because it's not overpowered enough. I think that instead of adding more to the Paracesis than it already has, maybe just change the weapon type to something else.

Ballas_Sword.png

Edited by MCSuire

7 hours ago, LifostFox said:

Nope, i dont want to miss fancy Tempo Royale on this fancy melee.

Simple solution, give it the Dark Split-Sword mechanic where you can equip two different types of stances.

There, everybody is happy.

On 2019-07-14 at 3:56 PM, MCSuire said:

Exactly what it says on the title! I have yet to see a forum dedicated to this matter so I'm going to just put it out there, though I have seen topics that brought it up which inspired me to make this forum! Some people argued that it would frustrate players who already have a heavy-blade build on it and didn't like the Wise Razor stance, while others say it should should be a double-purposed weapon like the Dark Split-Sword (basically, being able to use both heavy blade and 2HN stances).

I disagree with both arguments, and think that it should just be converted to a 2-handed nikana like the Tatsu. I've given a few reasons to why the Paracesis should be converted entirely from heavy blade to 2-handed nikana:

(1) We have enough heavy blades in the game as it is, with at least three outclassing the Paracesis in terms of stats, even after it reaches rank 40.

(2) It was reportedly supposed to be a 2-handed nikana at first, but the problem was that the Devs were still working on the mechanics for this new weapon type. Now that 2HNs are a thing, I think it's time we got something better to put Wise Razor on than the Tatsu.

(4) Who can deny that it wouldn't look good with the new Maligna skin? It's the perfect motivator to do the Nightwave missions this time!

Blue text denotes a submitted reason from comments.

THIS THREAD IS FOCUSED ON THE PARACESIS AND 2-HANDED NIKANA WEAPONS. PLEASE LEAVE GREATSWORDS LIKE THE WAR, GRAM, AND GALATINE OUT OF THIS DISCCUSION.

You use a galatine to make it, its a greatsword

On 2019-07-19 at 5:44 PM, (PS4)Ragology said:

I'd rather they release a "paracesis" type weapon for each weapon class.

A sentient killer polearm.. daym. My dream it is.
Personally i never really liked one handed weapons or "short" swords and stuff in a game with massive killing.. (bigger part of the game)
A warlord's weapon always have to be a long and powerful polearm, staff, spear, halberd, etc.. two handed are somewhat fine too.
What tenno are btw if not warlords afterall? We were in the old war as they say.. and we gonna be in a new war as we know.
When the war is big, the battles are big.. what a warlord need is a big power and a big weapon in my opinion.

I mean.. everyone must use what they like so i wish there would be a sentient killer for all the weapon types as u said.

It could be like the Dark Split Sword, so people can not lose Tempo Royale.

In terms of "balance", this is a PvE game. It's not Apex or Overwatch where you need to make sure every class is fair. In fact making Paracesis absurdly powerful is quite justifiable considering the build requirements. As long as Saryn and Gara exist, there's always going to be busted items in the game, and "The Sentient Slayer" sounds like a perfect name for one of said busted items.

Plus, it's a single edged sword, so it looks like a katana, and the 2H nikana stance just looks awesome, and doesn't need to be limited to a single weapon, especially considering that weapon isn't that fantastic.