Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think we should convert Paracesis to 2-Handed Nikana!

LilChocolateNeko

I was actually going to make this exact thread myself, but guess I got beaten to the punch! Glad to see I'm not the only one that think it'd make a great addition to the two-handed nikanas.

...That said, like people have said above, I think the better choice would be to simply make it a hybrid, like Dark Split-Sword, where it changes weapon type depending on the stance used. Considering it is such a unique and supposedly special weapon, I think giving it the (almost) unique perk of being able to work as both a two-handed nikana or greatsword. I'd rather run it with Wise Razor (love that stance), but don't see a need to shaft those that have already heavily invested in it and like running it with Tempo Royale or Cleaving Whirlwind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

by 2H you mean 2handed or dual wield because. greatsword are 2H already. 

The title explicitly states "2 handed Nikana".

1 hour ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

for nikanas i think there is a mod to make it 2H.

There is a stance in which certain combos utilise both hands, however that doesn't make it a 2 handed Nikana. The Tatsu is a 2 handed Nikana.

On 2019-07-22 at 1:02 AM, Redpaws said:

...That said, like people have said above, I think the better choice would be to simply make it a hybrid, like Dark Split-Sword, where it changes weapon type depending on the stance used.

I'm not even sure that DE remembers that they tried to do that before.

...Though it would be a cool way to go about it since its stats and effectiveness would be roughly the same in either state.

On 2019-07-21 at 4:32 AM, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

Only if they refund my plat that I spent on a great sword skin specifically for this weapon, and the hip holstering I use with it

Okay well that is a good point. I'm actually hoping that Hitsu's Suprema skin gets released sooner rather than later :P

On 2019-07-22 at 1:02 AM, Redpaws said:

I was actually going to make this exact thread myself, but guess I got beaten to the punch! Glad to see I'm not the only one that think it'd make a great addition to the two-handed nikanas.

...That said, like people have said above, I think the better choice would be to simply make it a hybrid, like Dark Split-Sword, where it changes weapon type depending on the stance used. Considering it is such a unique and supposedly special weapon, I think giving it the (almost) unique perk of being able to work as both a two-handed nikana or greatsword. I'd rather run it with Wise Razor (love that stance), but don't see a need to shaft those that have already heavily invested in it and like running it with Tempo Royale or Cleaving Whirlwind.

Yeah... and looking at it that way I'm starting to come around to that idea. I guess I wasn't as staunch on this idea as I thought I was. Go fig.

Also for the record:

The Paracesis is NOT that expensive to build. Except for the eidolon shards (which aren't that hard to get anyway), the other parts can be gotten quite easily if you quit being lazy and just play the bloody game. You want something expensive - try getting the Hema. That's 5000 mutagen samples and a Torid prerequisite just for the clan research, and then when you've met those requirements you need one forma to build it which takes 24 hours to build or 20plat to purchase.

I mean honestly, you can get 1000 ducats in less than an hour if you're lucky, and if you're not, it'll take three hours at worst. Galatine doesn't have any prerequisite weapons and the ingredients for building can be acquired very quickly with no luck (it doesn't even require orokin cells lol). And speaking of which, orokin cells are piss easy to get your hands on with about ten minutes of grinding and a little luck.

Edited by MCSuire