Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue with Garuda's Claws (+some issues)

-EPECb-

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Vermillion Storm doesn’t visually work with any claw weapon that isn’t ripkas.

Also you’re expecting stances to look 100% practical and realistic with every weapon that they work with. That’s not the case. Twirling spire literally has the weapon clip through the Warframe to switch hands. As long as the animation looks like a strike and it follows the hit box there shouldn’t be a complaint. Because expecting everything to be visually perfect is just insane. Also you have to slow these animations down or literally stop them in Captura to see the mistakes, you aren’t gonna see the mistakes when you’re swinging them at high speeds.

That's not the case here.  Weapon trails cover up these mistakes in other weapons.  These claws are in the wrong position for every possible stance.  You aren't cutting people with them, you're whacking them with blunt metal. 

All DE needs to do is give them the same position that the Venka/Prime has, on top of the fist rather than on top of the thumb.  I don't even understand how they manage to be wrong even with Four Riders, to be honest  They should be in the right position for that, given what seems to be the default position for the weapon, but they're just... not.

3 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

...players also do not know what these Garuda's Claws as a melee weapon -_-

... I... what?  I'm not sure I got the meaning of what you were... trying to say.

1 hour ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

That's not the case here.  Weapon trails cover up these mistakes in other weapons.  These claws are in the wrong position for every possible stance.  You aren't cutting people with them, you're whacking them with blunt metal. 

All DE needs to do is give them the same position that the Venka/Prime has, on top of the fist rather than on top of the thumb.  I don't even understand how they manage to be wrong even with Four Riders, to be honest 

Easy, the claws were never meant to be melee weapons, but everyone complained that Garuda didn’t use her claws enough so they were made into melee weapons late into development. So of course their position is going to conflict with the stances. Is it really so hard to just be grateful that they were made into melee weapons and just complain about the important stuff like them not flipping back when they should?

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Easy, the claws were never meant to be melee weapons, but everyone complained that Garuda didn’t use her claws enough so they were made into melee weapons late into development. So of course their position is going to conflict with the stances. Is it really so hard to just be grateful that they were made into melee weapons and just complain about the important stuff like them not flipping back when they should?

When the weapon we got isn't up to the visual quality and standards of normal, standalone weapons?  Yeah, kinda hard to be grateful for something that should have been fixed a while ago, and doesn't even have weapon trails. 

• Like 2

4 часа назад, Shinigami_Greed сказал:

... I... what?  I'm not sure I got the meaning of what you were... trying to say.

Perhaps I spoke incorrectly. I meant that the Garuda's Claws are useless at this time for her players.

3 часа назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:

Well, you start again. . . about the Altar you too expressed his displeasure, but in the end it was repaired. And Big Thanks to all people who participated in the discussion in this topic!
If we will continue to discuss theme of Garuda's Claws, DE sooner or later should pay attention to problem. With your logic, WarFrame is not necessary in Vouban rework. We just have to be grateful for the fact that he is in the game and his not necessary to alter -_-

Edited by -EPECb-

4 минуты назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:

It’s nitpicking.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But there are other people whose opinions too have the right to existence and such people in this thread majority. I did not notice any benefit for topic from your answers. If you are indifferent to this topic then why you are here? You really do not want to participate in the development of the project and you are ready to tolerate all shortcomings in project? Is it bad that the game is changing for the better thanks to those who have expressed their criticism toward her? I still do not understand you, sorry...

29 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But there are other people whose opinions too have the right to existence and such people in this thread majority. I did not notice any benefit for topic from your answers. If you are indifferent to this topic then why you are here? You really do not want to participate in the development of the project and you are ready to tolerate all shortcomings in project? Is it bad that the game is changing for the better thanks to those who have expressed their criticism toward her? I still do not understand you, sorry...

Well so far none of the changes proposed here have made it into the game, so you can’t really say that this thread has really made an impact in the game to justify its existence. probably because a lot of it is really just minor insignificant stuff. Literally the only thing I can get behind is making the claws flip back 100% of the time when you switch off of them.

5 часов назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:

Well so far none of the changes proposed here have made it into the game, so you can’t really say that this thread has really made an impact in the game to justify its existence. probably because a lot of it is really just minor insignificant stuff. Literally the only thing I can get behind is making the claws flip back 100% of the time when you switch off of them.

I have already mentioned the problem of the Altar and allied mobs - DE repaired it. Also repaired the color of Garuda's Claws in new skin. For me, this is already more than enough, but I will continue to follow to this topic anyway because problems are still many. You and your answers in this thread did much more for the game, I think, if this is so, then forgive me for my careless attitude to your advice.

...i became even more doubt in your words about the fact that you do play for Garuda.

Can i do something to help you more Mr.?

Edited by -EPECb-

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

you’re just nitpicking at this point.

You're not nitpicking enough then, if that's your definition of nitpicking.  Her claws should be held to the same visual standards as all other up to date melee weapons.  They have no weapon trail at all, and they're positioned incorrectly, so they need to be fixed.  It's rather simple.

Statistically, they're more than fine.  They're longer than the other weapons in their class, and they have very high damage.  Now they just need to look and feel the part, because they aren't even remotely satisfying to use.  Course, what do I know?  This may as well be an issue I need to raise to the art feedback guys instead, since it's mostly visual feedback.

Edited by Shinigami_Greed
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

...also there is a problem with the operator's secondary fire (like Propa) - operator starts to hit enemies with fists instead of shoot from Amps. This happens when you do not equip a melee weapon and you are using Garuda's Claws. Funny looks but need a fix  (*glitch under the question)

Edited by -EPECb-

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! (O.O)

(Update 26.1)

Garuda Changes & Fixes:

• Added a projectile explosion range FX to Garuda’s Dread Mirror blood projectile for the local player (one doing the casting) so you can see your output.
  • Slight trim to the Bloodletting cast animation.
  • Bloodletting now gives 35% Energy instead of 25%.
  • Reduced Seeking Talons charge time by around 15%.
  • Increased Seeking Talons Status Chance from 50 to 75%.
  • Fixed motion blur on Garuda's Dread Mirror.
Edited by -EPECb-

There's a issue i noticed today after i saw it in this Video: 

Her Mirror works like it should at a flat surface but when the enemies be more uneven with the surface, you would be taking damage with her Mirror up.The problem with that is when you are playing in Grineer Tilesets like Galleon or Mars Tileset, you would most likely take damage than soaking up the Damage for her Blood Orb. So as long as you are fighting in a leveled area, watch your back.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 1

I mean, they are shooting under the shield you can clearly see it. Now there may be a bug with the shield as well, however. Hostiles were able to hit you before these patches so that is not a bug perhaps it has became worse and that would be interesting to find out, but it is not a frontal invulnerability that cover 100% of what the camera is facing. However, i am very worried about him talking that she is squishy, when the mods for survival he is using is Redirection and Adaptation.

Because enemies uses more than one damage type i still do not trust Adaptation, it is nice i'll give it that. But i'll trust armor over it any day of the week, however the point i was going to bring out was his use of redirection.

Redirection
(100+(100x4.4)+(300-100))+(300/(1-(300/(300+300)))) = 1340 EHP

A lone Umbral Fiber that only gives 110% Because you do not use anything else.
300+(300/(1-(630/(630+300)))) = 1230 EHP

Like sure, the Redirection is winning, however. As soon as you start adding pretty much anything, from Arcane Guardian, or Umbral Intensify the EHP on the Fiber will skyrocket.

I'll give him that some of the target surviving the Dread Heart + Seeking Heart Combo is weird, they should either all die or none should. So some further investigation into that would be needed.

Edited by Hellmaker2004

3 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

There's a issue i noticed today after i saw it in this Video: 

Her Mirror works like it should at a flat surface but when the enemies be more uneven with the surface, you would be taking damage with her Mirror up.The problem with that is when you are playing in Grineer Tilesets like Galleon or Mars Tileset, you would most likely take damage than soaking up the Damage for her Blood Orb. So as long as you are fighting in a leveled area, watch your back.

Actually one thing i noticed as of late is enemies actively aiming for your feet if youre above them. Prior it mostly happened at close range where they'd miss completely but now it happens more at longer ranges. You can most obviously see this on an enemy with a slow projectile like an eviscerator where hes clearly aiming at your feet to try to hit you and because of the distance/angle he likely will. So less a problem with her shield not functioning, but more the enemies are actually displaying a level of intelligence.

Awfully inconvenient I'll say.

• Like 2

I have read this thread and now see her talons clipping over her hands all the time while smacking enemies.

IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

But seriously, It stands out too strong and too often. even compared to other claw weapons.
Hope DE fixes this or just gives her a whole new stance. Most likely when her Deluxe comes out? (Since they'll start looking into her a model again and what not)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems to be the place for it, so I'll leave this here :

How About... Adding the possibility to swap her melee to claws(& vice-versa) DURING the game ?

Hear me out :

Her 1 can be tapped for a jump or held for a "bloody hadoken" (side note : she could use some TCL on that tapped jump, so it chains a little more flawlessly, kind of like Rhino's charge, with a 1x/2x/4x effect but instead of cost reduction, add more of a damage buff on chained hits, because "Oh, look, this Heavy lvl 300 elite eximus special unit is taking 10% dmg per hit, that amount to Hundreds of thousands damage points ! Surely, she would be able to instantly rip apart anything under lvl 30 with that, right ?"...)

Révélation

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUz

Her 2 can be tapped on enemies to turn them to an altar, or tapped on an altar to release that particular one

Her 4 can be tapped or held depending on the desired range/angle on her "make-em-bleedy-twirly-claws-fingers-attack"

Yet, her 3 can only be tapped for a Health to Energy conversion.

So, How about adding a held command on this one, which would specifically Holster the melee weapon(s), and at the price of half your max HP, just like the hp-energy conversion, would allow her to pop out the claws ? (Do it again to go back to regular melee)

Why should it hurt ? Well, it empowers the claws for melee (literally, her passive, just from that, would grant her 50% more dmg)

Révélation

also Does it hurt

It would require minor tweaking of her arsenal screen, to show the claws at the same time as the regular melee, just like all the exalted weapon frames out there, and it would solve the "you need melee-conditions" problems quoted numerous times in this thread.

There it is, My 2 Ducats on this matter.

• Like 1