Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] - Unlock All Abilities

KomradKickass

TL:DR version

Unlock all 4 Warframe abilities by default, as the current system stifles uniqueness.

Long version

Since the introduction of the new mod system, the number of available mods has probably doubled, but the number of slots available has remained constant at 8.

It seems that every frame I play, no matter the role, has the same general mod layout (my friends also have a similar one). Basically it comes down to the following being necessary on most warframes

2-3 slots for abilities

3 slots for stretch,continuity,focus

1-2 for vitality and or redirection

0-2 leftover

there is no room to try and make a Warframe that plays like the following

Speed Play - (rush,QR,marathon){the inability to do this was shown in the outrage over the initial U10 stamina system)

Tank Frame - (Vigor, Steel Fiber, Fast Deflection)

Power Frame - (streamline, flow, Constitution)

Blocking Frame - (Whatever the new blocking mods are)

Furthermore, it also diminishes the gameplay variery by not having access to all the skills. While playing Saryn, there are time where I think " Ohh i wanna get some melee in, I wish i could have contagion, but I cannot justify taking it over miasma".

Its just a thought, I am sure it has been suggested before, but the pool of available mods just keeps growing, and there is no room to put the new things on because you need to equip some of the staple mods.

(This is also a problem with weapons, but to a lesser extent, because they are not using up to 4 spaces for abilities)

Feedback? Yay? Nay?

disagree 100%.

Why?

I often change my layouts (thanks to a/b/c system we have now)

I do have rush loadout (speed and mobility)

I do have farming one (Thief combo, radar, mobility)

And i have killer loadout (dmg/survivalist)

and i do use different skills on different occasions.

(frost globe gets changed for avalanche when playing infested, for example)

the system we have give us variety of choices (limited, agree. But still, its choice.)

The system u proposed will end up on opposite of your intention.

If players will have enough slots for mods, throw 2 forma more and you can be farmer/rusher/killer build in 1 loadout.

EDIT: Also, it would make us more powerfull.

And lets be honest, we are badass ninjas here. we don't need more power. we need challenge.

Edited by PiotrGracz

disagree 100%.

Why?

I often change my layouts (thanks to a/b/c system we have now)

I do have rush loadout (speed and mobility)

I do have farming one (Thief combo, radar, mobility)

And i have killer loadout (dmg/survivalist)

and i do use different skills on different occasions.

(frost globe gets changed for avalanche when playing infested, for example)

the system we have give us variety of choices (limited, agree. But still, its choice.)

The system u proposed will end up on opposite of your intention.

If players will have enough slots for mods, throw 2 forma more and you can be farmer/rusher/killer build in 1 loadout.

EDIT: Also, it would make us more powerfull.

And lets be honest, we are badass ninjas here. we don't need more power. we need challenge.

Ok, ill give you that, I forgot about the new A,B,C system. I am talking more about some of the late/end game stuff, when you need to have the "killer" loadout. I think in those situations, it becomes much harder to justify putting on some of the mobility/speed/utility mods. This also, In my opinion, contributes to some of the 4=win problem

This idea was kinda of a larger problem I am seeing:

A bunch of new mods (for both weapons and warframes) and nowhere to put them.

Players stuck at level 30, while enemies can soar up well past 100 (and even past 200 on endless defense/survival).

Yay, but

I would prefer mods be reworked entirely. I'd make them have one or more upgrades, and one or more downgrades. This would make it less about wich mods are the optimal to slot, and more about weighing the pros and cons, figuring out how they fit in a strategy and playstyle.

If you just make the skills available by default, it'll just make everyone stronger overall due to having more mods. And those 4 will also filled with best in slot optimal mods just as it is now.

Probably to extensive of a change anyway though.

Edited by Sagaris

Ok, ill give you that, I forgot about the new A,B,C system. I am talking more about some of the late/end game stuff, when you need to have the "killer" loadout. I think in those situations, it becomes much harder to justify putting on some of the mobility/speed/utility mods. This also, In my opinion, contributes to some of the 4=win problem

This idea was kinda of a larger problem I am seeing:

A bunch of new mods (for both weapons and warframes) and nowhere to put them.

Players stuck at level 30, while enemies can soar up well past 100 (and even past 200 on endless defense/survival).

well I give you that, its hard to be omnipotent at endgame.

But at endgame you should be playing with team.

When I teqmup with my friends, there's only 1 of us having thief loadout.

When we decide to rush, we all equip survival-speed loadout and we make up lack of dmg output with rushing as single unit.

Ill be honest. There is tons of options out there, and they are still giving us more.

That was said by devs. They don't want batman build.

That's why you don't have enogh slots for everything u want. U got to choose. And that make game experience unique.

Maybe problem lies on other side? We got options yet we usualy choose build u mentioned.

Why?

Balance.

But they are working on it.

Yeah, it all has to do with balance, hopefully they fix that.

I guess its just the "Endgame" problem that most games face eventually: Everyone is just using the "best" stuff,

Maybe the whole warframe stats just need a rework, as NOT using vitality or redirection once you get past a certain point, in my opinion that point isn't even close to endgame either, seals your fate (excluding rhino).

So why cant I make a speed play frame?

My loki has Rush, QR, and Marathon.

My Saryn is often built very tanky, or very power intensive depending on the mission.

My volt is usually rush, power, or a mix.

ALL of my frames have all 4 abilities on them and they work just fine and do exactly what I need them to.

So Why can't I do this again?

My only gripe is why does Power Siphon have polarity, I see no point to running anything else.