(PS4)FK2P

How are Volt players feeling about ‘Gauss’ the runner frame? Let’s get some feedback on that!

Do you guys feel that gauss is going to take away volt’s niche and with it all of the volt memes over the years? Is there really a need for 2 different speed warframes?

i personally find if you go too fast you just clip scenery all the time anyway, I’m not really a volt person, I like his shield, and his 4 is ok, but I’m not sure how this new warframe will play out seeing as though there is already a classic speed warframe in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

My guess is that Volt will be about Speed while Gauss will be about Inertia. Both won't be comparable.

And anyway, if you're playing Volt solely for its speed, you're simply playing it wrong anyway.

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 11

I play volt only for his speed. But I can't say it's really fast. Even with 340% power strength it lacks some mobility. And all those kids are complaining about getting my speed buff unwillingly. Sigh.

The problem with Volt that you cannot build so you could properly use all of his abilities. Speed build is not energy efficient, and has poor range, that makes 4th useless and shield not durable.

I would like to have a fast frame with dmg reduction, good surviability and good synergy while staying extremely fast. That is to say, I'm pleased to see new speed frame coming.

However, current maps are full of these annoying doors there you should stand and wait your team to slowly drag their arses to open it. That's annoying. With gauss becoming popular we'll never see that problem again.

• Haha 3
  • Satisfied 1

The fact that there are so many frames and that any two should have similar mechanics is a given. Volt, being an effective damage and cc frame shouldn't have a monopoly on speed as well. Nyx is the "Mind Control" frame, yet Revenant has an alternative mind control ability and Loki's augment blatantly steals her best ability. There's going to be overlap with this many new frames coming out all the time.

And if Volt's biggest appeal is his speed then he needs a rework.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If a Volt player feels worried about Gauss, then maybe they should rethink how they use Volt.
Volt isn't just his 2...

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Upvote 6

volt is electric frame. not the runner if you use them runner. you play all wrong

• Upvote 1

The "Volt is RIP because Gauss" thing is stupid, Volt has one of the only ways to buff operator damage with his shields (also, he has shields, making him an option for defense if needed), and an excellent CC/room clearing ult. All we know about Gauss is that hes fast, and that he can run on water.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I'm not too concerned with electricity theme vs running theme, and you're bound to have some similarities with 40+ frames. I know some players view Volt as the speed frame, as if that's his only true build, but it's really not. I do think Speed's duration should be doubled and Electric Shield should have a couple more advantages, but that's not related to Gauss.

Not a feedback. Moving to general discussions.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Uhm.... I use Volt mostly for Shields abd discharge..... so.... who cares ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As a Volt player, I'm not really building for speed. I actually have built for range, to maximize my Discharge. But I also do make good use of the shield for damage and defense.

The speed is nice, but it's not the center of my build. I'm not worried about a speed-centered frame.

I get a feeling Gauss won't share his speed with the team the way Volt does, and it looks like he has to enter a "Redline mode" with some kind of limitation to use his speed.

Also: Volt will no longer be... THE FLASH!

Edited by DrakeWurrum

How do Rhino mains feels about Valkyr? I’m sure others have pointed out that the Clash isn’t the only speedster in the DCU. Shoot, he ain’t the only Flash for that matter. 

• Like 5

I never thought of Volt as a speed-frame. He just consequently had an ability that affected his speed. And still his speed pales to other Warframe "speed" abilities in certain situations. Like Hydroid, Zephyr, Nova and now Wukong.

2 hours ago, Pandabarrel said:

Volt has one of the only ways to buff operator damage with his shields

Against Eidolons. (that's about 1% of the game's content)

Outside Eidolon fights,  Banshee can amplify the damage much further.

• Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I love how everyone wants to create beef where none should exist. See Gauss as an addition, not a replacement.. 

I'm excited for him, and hope he gets support and quick cc abilities.. much like wisp and hildryn..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, (PS4)MoRockaPDX said:

How do Rhino mains feels about Valkyr? I’m sure others have pointed out that the Clash isn’t the only speedster in the DCU. Shoot, he ain’t the only Flash for that matter. 

So do we call Gauss "Zoom" instead?

I play Volt quite a bit and I hate speed spamming Volts.

I am looking forward to Gauss actually. The clips we have seen of him doesn't look like the speed boost will be a team buff but until he gets released we can't say for sure. I personally hope it isn't though. That way people who want to go fast can still do so without making the rest of the team unexpectedly start crashing into walls every 2 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If a Volt player feels worried about Gauss, then maybe they should rethink how they use Volt.
Volt isn't just his 2...

This basically.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If it means all the speedy bois who currently play volt move on to gauss and I don't have to put up with them spamming 2 causing me to get random speed buffs which send me careering into every blooming wall and obstacle on the map then HALLELUJAH 

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

having a speedster frame sounds cool. my only problem is the fact they name him Gauss. they could of name him Jet and we would of had another letter in the warframe family .

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I'm looking forward to the fat frame honestly.  Gauss just doesn't interest me.

FEED ME SEYMOUR FEED MEE!

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 2

Having one of his four abilities being based on speed doesn't make Volt a "speed" frame.

It never had anything to do with his theme other than the trope of lightning and speed being associated with each other.

8 minutes ago, htrason9780 said:

they could of name him Jet and we would of had another letter in the warframe family .

We already have a j, Jimbo Prime.