Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are Volt players feeling about ‘Gauss’ the runner frame? Let’s get some feedback on that!

(PSN)FK2P

Who cares what they think, if they are that much in love with a dubious quality frame they will continue to play it and otherwise move onto the better frame (which going by the short clip is only very fast to themselves and not doing uneeded buffs to the rest of the squad) 

Volt is my main, I barely use his 2

I guess the most I used it was in the plains before getting the archwing launcher

So I couldn't care less Gauss is faster, it might in fact be interesting, but not for transport, Itzal will stay the "point A to point B" solution

problem is that Gauss didn't actually look that fast in the gameplay. if he isn't going as fast as Zephyr's Tailwind or a long Rhino Charge, then he ain't fast, period. they could have also covered his legs with more particle effects because it looks janky AF when running at full speed, same with a full-strength Volt.

still I guess we'll see what we get when Gauss is finally released.

22 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

I do not think Volt is defined by his speed. Volt also gets melee attack speed from his ability for the fireteam if they are in range, Gauss does not. Additionally a lot of Warframes have similar abilities with different mechanical functions, Ivara Prowl, Ash Smoke Bomb, Loki Invisibility, they all share the same function of going invisible, but they all perform differently mechanically. Same goes with Gauss and Volt.

Lol Fire Team, Destiny Man ? 

On 2019-07-15 at 3:02 AM, (PS4)FK2P said:

Do you guys feel that gauss is going to take away volt’s niche and with it all of the volt memes over the years? Is there really a need for 2 different speed warframes?

Since most people I know, use volt not for the speed but for his passive for fishing, or his 3 and 4 for ESO’s.

I really don’t see the issue with Gauss coming out as an “Speed” warframe.

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna use Gauss to just spite the spamming Volt main types plus the ones who buff with zero reason 

I mean why the hell are you coming to where I am and spamming your sprint buff after I told you I don't want it😑

On 2019-07-16 at 9:34 AM, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

I just want Volt to be able to hop onto Gauss back and be like "Excelsior!" and then they both get crazy and everybody is like "whoah."

Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to move away from the kuva

1 minute ago, SecSicario said:

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna use Gauss to just spite the spamming Volt main types plus the ones who buff with zero reason 

I mean why the hell are you coming to where I am and spamming your sprint buff after I told you I don't want it😑

They'll still do it.

You'll run even faster.

Frankly, this is why I've trained myself to recognize the sound of the Volt speed, so that I can quickly react to the sudden change in my own speed.

Probably helps I'm a Volt main, though I usually forget about using 2. About the only place I actively use it is in eidolon fights, to help a freshly rezzed guy get back to the eidolon quicker. No walls there!

Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

They'll still do it.

You'll run even faster.

Frankly, this is why I've trained myself to recognize the sound of the Volt speed, so that I can quickly react to the sudden change in my own speed.

Probably helps I'm a Volt main, though I usually forget about using 2. About the only place I actively use it is in eidolon fights, to help a freshly rezzed guy get back to the eidolon quicker. No walls there!

In the few years I've played warframe I've come to realise 

Getting near the extraction point faster than them then running away from it just before you enter the extraction area and waiting for the timer in the face of a Volt is more satisfying than constantly spamming stop in the chat 

On 2019-07-15 at 1:03 PM, Chewarette said:

My guess is that Volt will be about Speed while Gauss will be about Inertia. Both won't be comparable.

And anyway, if you're playing Volt solely for its speed, you're simply playing it wrong anyway.

Speed Volt users : *REEEEEEE in unison*

I like using Volt btw

But rarely if ever for his speed 

Cause Volt is a super versatile frame and one of those frames you really enjoy using when you want to have a feel for the git gud mode in game 

But the annoying speed spammers 

My god 

That faction of humans😑

On 2019-07-17 at 9:25 PM, SecSicario said:

As a Volt Main I am offended that you will not accept my Love

2 minutes ago, SecSicario said:

Our Love is forbidden my dearest
The rage quit shall not let us prosper together🤣🤣

Also,not gonna lie,I wanna see a volt,Valkyr Gauss speed boost when that frame shows up

Don’t forget wisp haste as well, hit me up if you want help, I’m as interested as you.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

I’m MAD! As mad as I was at Capcom when they added Akuma to Streetfighter, thus invalidating my boy Ken! 

No amount of Dragon Punching could console me that dark day.

How tragic
Alexa,play Despacito

On 2019-07-15 at 11:34 PM, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

I just want Volt to be able to hop onto Gauss back and be like "Excelsior!" and then they both get crazy and everybody is like "whoah."

This actually makes me curious if Volt can buff Gauss’s speed as well. 

I actually don’t know this, but do can wisp and volts speed boost stack?

Just now, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

This actually makes me curious if Volt can buff Gauss’s speed as well. 

I actually don’t know this, but do can wisp and volts speed boost stack?

Honestly we're hoping so cause we wanna break the current game engine
Wisp haste,Volt's nyoom buff and Valkitty's angry buff

4 minutes ago, SecSicario said:

Honestly we're hoping so cause we wanna break the current game engine
Wisp haste,Volt's nyoom buff and Valkitty's angry buff

Awesome. I can go from occasionally being stuck on level geometry to constantly being stuck on level geometry!

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Wording