Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to change revenant and possibly wisp

(XBOX)Predator Lupus1

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Predator Lupus1 said:

PSA: I am  mastery rank 11 with umbra and the paracesis. So if you think I'm some noob who doesn't know how frames work you are sorely miskaten.

Huh? No no! You misunderstand. My gripes are not directed at you!

Look, here's Revenant's 1, 2 and 3 at work in the setting they work best in:

Spoiler

Basically, long endurance missions. This is how you play him. This is actually very easy to do! You can last in 3 hour survivals with Mesmer Skin (because it's easy mode) and kill level 1777 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with Enthrall+Reave. And you can avoid losing any Mesmer Skin stacks or damage with Enthrall. Where's his 4? It doesn't scale. It's his worst skill in this setting. It's only good for low level stuff. I guess he's underperforming because it's not a video of him in 4 hour survival...

All of this flies against typical criticisms you find on the forums from very unlikely Revenant players like, "His Mesmer Skin is terrible at tanking." And there many more examples of Revenant on youtube, score/gameplay screenshots on the forums, and so forth... Yet, we continue to hear the same old canned complaints about some of Revenant's skills. Those players don't like Revenant. I respect that. Those same players often make statements as if they were facts about Revenant. I tend to call them out.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Predator Lupus1 said:

PSA: I am  mastery rank 11 with umbra and the paracesis. So if you think I'm some noob who doesn't know how frames work you are sorely miskaten.

I am MR 26 with Umbra, the paracesis and Rubico Riven. So if you think I am some noob inferior to you at knowing how frames work you are sorely miskaten 🤔

There is no purpose trying to Epeen MR, seriously.

@(XB1)GearsMatrix301 has another favorite thread it seems.

Am 15.7.2019 um 12:10 schrieb (XB1)Predator Lupus1:

Ok look. I know most of you put there want revenant to change and want wisp to stay the same and that's ok. Now onto how revenant should be changed. Let's start with his 1 it should be changed to have the acolyte count scale off of power strength, for them to be invunrable for 60 seconds at base and after the timer runs out they all die but the damage from the team and other enemies be added into the geysers and for the geyser range to be increased to around 10 metres and for them to retain their damage and to have pin point accuracy. His two should be changed so that it puts him into an invunrable state for thirty seconds and after the timer runs out he gets a 90% damage reduction to the elements that he was hit with whilst invunrable. His three should be like a teralyst/gantulyst/hydrolyst stomp depending on how the person has put his energy colour. His four should be that laser attack that the sentient battlyst prism and deals the same amount of damage.

Wisp is up to you guys

Did you ever played Rev? 

He is one of the best Frames atm.

1 for CC, 2 for Tank, 3 for Damage. 

You can onehit lv9999 enemys easly. Revenant is one of the last Frames that  need a Rework... 

• Like 1

Am 15.7.2019 um 17:20 schrieb nslay:

EDIT: I wouldn't touch his 1 either! At lower levels, it's less useful in team play, but it does protect team mates when enemies are actually hard to kill! It safely allows team mates to kill hard-to-kill stuff while drawing fire away from team mates. Also, Revenant needs it to use his 3 most effectively.

Do you know that 1+3 can onehit almost everything up to lv9999?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, -VS-Equi said:

Do you know that 1+3 can onehit almost everything up to lv9999?

That combo is only good if you give up two of your mod slots for casting speed mods, nevermind the need to reach 250% power strength. That's just too much cost for an unnecessary, situational one-shot. 

Hell, garuda can do that too, but that's  not even close to her best quality, unlike revenant, whose only real selling points are an insanely overpriced, underperforming nuke ability and ''infinite scaling'' in a game where the devs are afraid to tamper with levels any higher than 100.

Edited by JohnLemon123

Am 15.7.2019 um 19:27 schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

Just because you accuse someone of not knowing how a frame works doesn’t mean you’re right.

You don’t know how  the Frame works 

Edited by -VS-WeebusRussus
Tippo

7 minutes ago, JohnLemon123 said:

That combo is only good if you give up two of your mod slots for casting speed mods, nevermind the need to reach 250% power strength. That's just too much cost for an unnecessary, situational one-shot. 

Hell, garuda can do that too, but that's  not even close to her best quality, unlike revenant, whose only real selling points are an insanely overpriced, underperforming nuke ability and ''infinite scaling'' in a game where the devs are afraid to tamper with levels any higher than 100.

While it's really attractive to have a 100% drain, you don't actually need that as Reave can be used to hit the target(s) multiple times. So no, you don't need to reach 250%. You can do it with even as little as 125% by passing through the target twice with a single Reave. High ability strength is more helpful for more Mesmer Skin stacks.

I think Garuda can only kill enemies with their health at less than 40%? Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have Garuda yet! It does not seem that Garuda can actually do that too.

4 minutes ago, -VS-WeebusRussus said:

And im really pissed now because of people who clearly just do casual gameplay think if a Frame doesn’t work Well on low level missions (and for me is everything below lvl 200 low level), then he is a bad frame. 

He works great in low level missions too. He just doesn't nuke maps as effectively as other frames and his Enthrall and Reave are less useful since everything is already so easy to kill.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb JohnLemon123:

Ehm if you need casting speed mods to do that then you do something wrong 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -VS-WeebusRussus said:

I will remake that video in when my exams are over 😈

If possible, do it with team mates to show Enthrall works and is useful in team games! Plus I'm curious how other frames and Revenant might play together at those insane levels. Well, hopefully beyond everyone else just playing invisible frames... It's quite clear Revenant is an amazing solo frame!

If that's your video, thanks for posting it!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb nslay:

If possible, do it with team mates to show Enthrall works and is useful in team games! Plus I'm curious how other frames and Revenant might play together at those insane levels. Well, hopefully beyond everyone else just playing invisible frames... It's quite clear Revenant is an amazing solo frame!

Yeah it’s mine, I’m a lazy person and doing just Solo survivals usually but maybe I will try that 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -VS-WeebusRussus said:

Ehm if you need casting speed mods to do that then you do something wrong 

Nope, sorry, but i'm not doing anything wrong. i know how the combo works, i know what it entails, and i know its application. I've played the frame plenty since his release, so i think i might (just MIGHT) have some idea of how he functions.

The reave combo is simply too slow, and there's no content in warframe that requires it. If you wanna one shot everything, just give chroma a sniper, or use lasting covenant harrow.

Reave is supposed to be a movement ability (DE's words, not mine) and it's so god damn awful at that job that you're forced to use it for niche damage applications to justify it very existence. Is it an okay damage tool ? sure ! Is it good for movement ? absolutely not, unless you use it while channeling his 4, where it actually does well.

as for enthrall, i really don't know what else to tell you. with the ability being as slow as it is, you'll often have allies murder enemies WHILE you're converting them, which wastes your times AND your energy. When the ability is sped up however, it actually becomes alright.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb JohnLemon123:

Nope, sorry, but i'm not doing anything wrong. i know how the combo works, i know what it entails, and i know its application. I've played the frame plenty since his release, so i think i might (just MIGHT) have some idea of how he functions.

The reave combo is simply too slow, and there's no content in warframe that requires it. If you wanna one shot everything, just give chroma a sniper, or use lasting covenant harrow.

Reave is supposed to be a movement ability (DE's words, not mine) and it's so god damn awful at that job that you're forced to use it for niche damage applications to justify it very existence. Is it an okay damage tool ? sure ! Is it good for movement ? absolutely not, unless you use it while channeling his 4, where it actually does well.

as for enthrall, i really don't know what else to tell you. with the ability being as slow as it is, you'll often have allies murder enemies WHILE you're converting them, which wastes your times AND your energy. When the ability is sped up however, it actually becomes alright.

Then don’t play him on enemy levels where your team can kill them  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It is an cc ability and nobody needs cc in low level  

and for that to slow: why can I just use 1 life support after dancing around with him in a long survival and btw I have seen people who survived 24 hours with that combo so it can’t be to slow(almost no other frame can do that) 

• Like 1

I clicked thinking someone else was finally protesting DE cherry picking Nullifier bubbles making them immune to Revenant and Wisp's 4th abilities simply because they didn't like the results on their most trash enemy design in the game.

Yes, Vauban up next to be "Casualized"  though comparing him to new Wukong kinda make me smile. Vauban scales better than him now but we aren't playing an RPG-style game with levels, gear, roles, and items. We're playing Warframe. Can't have grey bar immortal but 1.8 million eHP is fine.

3 hours ago, -VS-WeebusRussus said:

Then don’t play him on enemy levels where your team can kill them  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It is an cc ability and nobody needs cc in low level  

and for that to slow: why can I just use 1 life support after dancing around with him in a long survival and btw I have seen people who survived 24 hours with that combo so it can’t be to slow(almost no other frame can do that) 

The argument here feels about as effective as me asking why play survivals for that long when there is little point to it.

4 hours ago, -VS-WeebusRussus said:

(and for me is everything below lvl 200 low level)

If you didn't say that I would have assumed you meant about level 40 or less, but since it's not, I feel like you don't really understand the perspectives others can have.

Just try to understand that some people like playing with others and don't like having an ability that's gimped because DE wasn't sure about how they wanted to design this frame.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

He works great in low level missions too. He just doesn't nuke maps as effectively as other frames and his Enthrall and Reave are less useful since everything is already so easy to kill.

It's not always about nuking, it's about functionality. How all aspects of his kit work together, not just 2 of them

And also in part how his abilities work as standalone tools

4 hours ago, nslay said:

It can work, but only if 

1. you split off from the team

or

2. are communicating with them and telling them to not kill all thralls

Though, making pillar projectile made thralls make pillars on death would have helped a lot here.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

While it's really attractive to have a 100% drain, you don't actually need that as Reave can be used to hit the target(s) multiple times. So no, you don't need to reach 250%. You can do it with even as little as 125% by passing through the target twice with a single Reave. High ability strength is more helpful for more Mesmer Skin stacks.

I think Garuda can only kill enemies with their health at less than 40%? Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have Garuda yet! It does not seem that Garuda can actually do that too.

I kinda feel like DE will nerf that aspect of him because there is an exploit associated with the non thrall life steal and the ability to Reave through the same enemies multiple times. A very nauseating playstyle, but it seems to work.

And on the part about Garuda I think they were referring to the 4-1 combo? Unless I'm mistaken.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -VS-WeebusRussus said:

You don’t know how  the Frame works 

Unless you can provide a cold hard proof like nslay has we have to say that your statement is false 

You are the problem and are wrong 

So stop pissing on others get out of this thread and don't come back unless you have proof that you play revenant, bloody ell

1 hour ago, (XB1)Predator Lupus1 said:

Unless you can provide a cold hard proof like nslay has we have to say that your statement is false 

You are the problem and are wrong 

So stop pissing on others get out of this thread and don't come back unless you have proof that you play revenant, bloody ell

That's not my video. It's actually his video!