Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With the Level 30 Exterminate Challenge

Kaldwing0718

Question

Specifically any way that doesn't involve Ivara or Loki, as I do not have either of them.

Here are some ways I have attempted so far.

Wisp + Skiajati (Wisp's passive would keep her invisible long enough for her use Skiajati to get invisibility while assassinating. Doesn't work because enemies are sometimes spread too far out and sometimes way too close together)
Ash (Can mod his smoke screen to 20 seconds with mods I have so far, not long enough.)

Would also accept good missions to play on, so far I have done Oxomoco.

24 answers to this question

Just now, Godzilla853 said:

You all do know what it actually means is no alarms so if you do an exterminate at level 30 and up it will complete.

I didn't know that, but here's the thing, it uses the exact same terminology as the riven challenge of the same name, and with the riven challenge, it actually means no detection what so ever, not no alarms. Interesting to know though I'll do some 'testing' and find out for myself.

il y a 1 minute, Godzilla853 a dit :

You all do know what it actually means is no alarms so if you do an exterminate at level 30 and up in the void where there is no alarm it will complete.

Really ? Fludge, I thought it meant not being seen at all, thanks for the headsup !

12 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

in the void where there is no alarm it will complete.

shouldn't be

8 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I thought it meant not being seen at all

it is

On 2019-06-19 at 10:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the ‘Silent Eliminator’ Nightwave Act not failing when an enemy detects you, regardless of alarms. Step your stealth game up!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kaldwing0718 said:

I didn't know that, but here's the thing, it uses the exact same terminology as the riven challenge of the same name, and with the riven challenge, it actually means no detection what so ever, not no alarms. Interesting to know though I'll do some 'testing' and find out for myself.

Yes I did some testing the riven challenge has the same name and ask for something different but it also has a no alarms one, this one is just worded weirdly.

I did a few with Octavia but it was very stressful.  I'd have to look at her again but I can probably tweak her duration just a little bit more now.   But I usually had like 50-60 seconds of that ability playing and my stealth could be used twice during that time.

Ivara is pretty good if you have zenurik school,  her only problem is no slides/bullet jumping while stealthing so its pretty slow.   You can still roll dodge though.

At 30+ im not sure there is an amp strong enough to one hit kill stuff.  You have to leave stealth mode to fire your amp, so it cant take two shots.   The bounce blade scaffold I think would be the best bet...   

Regular Loki is in assassinations in star chart,  no reason not to get him if you dont have a stealth frame.   You dont need prime,   You dont even need to invest in him just to do stealth.  

Can you do this one by going in with another player that goes ahead and does the killing whilst you stay at spawn "undetected"?

I did it with Loki Prime - Sedna exterminate - Adaro - ignis wraith. Painful but very easy.

Just take your time. If your invisibility is about to run out, move back to cover, go increase again, rinse and repeat.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

7 hours ago, eurotransient said:

Oxomoco worked for me last night. 

This.

Yes, DE said they did fix the challenge to exclude the void exterminate but as per usual... they did not do it correctly. Yet.

Maybe you can still get away with it today, too...

I got the challenge completed unintentionally about 18 hours ago in a random exterminate invasion mission. No alarms were raised during that mission but the enemy certainly did see us as we weren't using stealth frames.

Unless it's a bug like some mentioned above.

If you need to get it done the riven way (as in enemy must not see you at all) one way is to get some friends to help kill everything ahead while you hang back and leech (hence they should be your friends, and make sure they know the plan or they may not be your friends after that) as long as they kill everything and complete the mission without you being seen then that's a success.

You may want to consider putting on lots of enemy radar and bringing your ash frame so you can evade any stray enemy.

I always do this and rivens of the same nature on Narcissus if you are lucky you load in and it's 90 kills, if unlucky it's 170 or so. You don't have to use a stealth frame. All you need is a silent ranged weapon.  With a stealth frame it becomes trivial.

If you are on pc and have discord look me up. I'll drag you with me, you can sit at the start and stay hidden, with ash or octavia, and I will knock it out, and sit on the extraction so you don't have to do anything.

I did this last night with a silenced rubico prime and a HUGE enemy radar (enemy sense, animal instinct and vigilante pursuit) and lots of patience.   (well... i used loki when i got a little impatient and wanted to run to a new hiding spot to snipe from).  you probably don't need as big a radar as i had but i had just finished the unalerted tusk balista riven so didn't bother changing set-up.

I remember doing the riven OP mentioned and failing as soon as a triangle turned solid red.. i think i got away with one during last night's NW mission early on but it died just as he made his grineer surprise shout. 

I ran it on Adaro, Sedna since I just seem to have better luck being sneaky around Grineer.

19 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

You all do know what it actually means is no alarms so if you do an exterminate at level 30 and up in the void where there is no alarm it will complete.

I also discovered that the Lua Extermination sortie works as well!

Usually I'm doing this kind of missions with Loki as its my fav. Yesterday I did it with long duration Octavia and my favorite slide attack murdering polearm. I have to admit that, it was much easier with Octavia than Loki. So I believe that if you choose to play with Octavia and a good - fast- ranged melee its going to be a walk in the park for you too.