Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question About Red Crits...

fet_nite

Yellow crit = critical or a stealth "normal hit"

Red crit = stealth critical hit, you can only get this when the enemy hasn't detected you and you score a critical hit.

There's some bug situations when the host is lagging, where you can get red crits even when the alarm is tripped.

Yellow crit = critical or a stealth "normal hit"

Red crit = stealth critical hit, you can only get this when the enemy hasn't detected you and you score a critical hit.

There's some bug situations when the host is lagging, where you can get red crits even when the alarm is tripped.

Wrong, red crits are basically "regular" crits on steroids.

I believe when a red crit happens your elemental damage mods are multiplied as well.

Or you can get it while in Ash's smoke bomb/Loki's invisibility and scoring a crit in there.

Not sure if they changed how it procs, but I remember back pre-U7, if you stacked crit damage mods to a point where you did 8x crit damage or more on Dual Zorens, you'd get red crits everywhere without using stealth

Edited by rCaliberGX

Not sure if they changed how it procs, but I remember back pre-U7, if you stacked crit damage mods to a point where you did 8x crit damage or more on Dual Zorens, you'd get red crits everywhere without using stealth

Soma is the crit machine currently, with up to 800 something crit damage multiplier and 87.5 crit chance but all there is is yellow crits. I think red crits are only for melee, I never saw it on guns.

Damn it DE, why don't you just tell us this sort of stuff?

Soma is the crit machine currently, with up to 800 something crit damage multiplier and 87.5 crit chance but all there is is yellow crits. I think red crits are only for melee, I never saw it on guns.

Yeah I think it's only for melee weapons. You could get like 10x crit damage with the old mod system on Snipetron if you had the right mods and still only yellow crits.

Example of red crits on melee with old system. Loki's invis was used though, but I know for a fact you could do the same without invis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnSjPkMbCs

Edited by rCaliberGX

For some reason, I always thought that the Red Crits were more or less, Critical, Critical hits.

So basically..

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Crits, so I put some Crits in your Crits, so now you can Crit while you Crit, sort of deal.

So red crits are double crits?

wrong, ive done red crits with the soma, using the silence mod :3

So red crits are double crits?

Keep in mind, I said that I thought they were.

Then again, I also can think that people can do great good, if given the chance to. Then of course, they decide to do what you hear on depressing news stories, like shootings.

My thoughts are simply that, thoughts. I do not know if it is true or not.

gosh you cant believe me? i aint gonna take a screenshot just because some guy doesnt believe what i post -.-

People tend to like having the screenshots as proof.

You know the old saying: "Pics or it didn't happen"

Yeah, okay, like I would believe some guy that just said it anonymously on a internet forum.

Okay.

I understand the sentiment here, but we do not need to antagonize with sarcasm.

Some people need to go and relax with a flying lawnmower on youtube...

I've gotten red crits in the middle of giant brawls. They may still be "stealth" crits though, if the enemy is not engaging you (i.e., backstab-like). I can't say for certain that is the case, though.

Yeah, read a bit up on it. Seems like you gotta be stealth or not noticed, or something like that.

Edited by BleuNoir

In all the time that I've been using Soma (nearly 10,000 kills now), I have seen a couple of red crits pop up among the sea of yellow crits.  No, I didn't think to take a screenshot of it.  No, I'm not going to take a screenshot of it because it happens so exceedingly rarely.  Believe me or not, but I have seen red crits from the Soma.  A couple...like, literally 2, maybe 3.