Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo You're Drunk, Go Home

NIL0S

2550 plat for the new "Ultimate" Warframe pack made up on purpose at the time of this deal = about 170$.

With Darvo's 25% "discount" that is 1822 plat = still 121$ (approximately the price of two brand new retail games).

You get all frames, except Nekros, of course (hihi).

Who does DE think is going for these nonsensical deals?

**********************************************************************************
EDIT: As pointed out 75 plat = 5 euro ~, not $. Point is still valid.

Edited by NIL0S

People will buy it. I'm not complaining. The more money DE gets, the more content and fixes we as a community get. Buy away.

Plus, what is the point of complaining about it? You can already purchase all of the Warframes. The only difference here is that it is in a bundle and Nekros isn't involved. Beyond that, not much has really changed.

Logically, you should be complaining about Warframes being available for platinum in general.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

What do you think of your own nonsesical topic? All available Warframes, in that pack, bought individually, would be - Oh, I don't know - More than 3k Plat.

Which is still wrong.

Element which makes 3/4 of unfinished game in beta state is priced like multiple triple A games.

i think its ok.. just dont buy it

also i use only male frame

and

that pack is ultimate for now.. not for  long

some ppl like me dont play the game to have stuff but they actually enjoy playing it.. wf gameplay is so adictive, and got some epic moment

It's the dumbest thing they could do. They basically ruin the whole experience of even playing the game. SURE I GET I doesn't harm me in any way, but i feel it ruins the whole experience.

It doesnt ruin anything. Some people (as myself) dont have much time to farm for stuff. Its a win win for DE (getting cash for items) and the user (doesnt have much game time) to both get what they want :)

People will buy it. I'm not complaining. The more money DE gets, the more content and fixes we as a community get. Buy away.

Plus, what is the point of complaining about it? You can already purchase all of the Warframes. The only difference here is that it is in a bundle and Nekros isn't involved. Beyond that, not much has really changed.

Logically, you should be complaining about Warframes being available for platinum in general.

Do you honestly believe that moves like this have no effect on anyone other than DE making more money and some crazy person paying a ton for some crazy bundle?

I genuinely hate being that guy (SLIPPERYSLOPE2013), but I know first hand that unreasonable pricing in microtransaction games is the world's biggest snowball.

Just the way Potatoes rolled their way into Forma is one example for disturbing valuing and choices, which they have tried their best to put blockades around, but it still exists.

F2P games tend to only hurt (and often times kill) themselves because of old-fashioned and illogical valuing.

There's never a balance, always just extremities. And it inveitably affects every single player.

(P.S: Not saying that THE END IS NEIGH just because of one stupid deal, but I'm saying that it isn't necessarily a stand-alone event that will have no effect on the future or the players who decide to ignore it.)

Edited by Feam

Here how the DE's meeting went: 
"Lets implement this 25% off deal." 

"Oh yeah cool."

"BUT lets only apply that 25% off to item packs that hardly anyone purchases and were already outrageously priced!"

"OH MY GOD, GENIUS!"
"I know! That way we can make it look like were giving some great deal, when in reality were not doing anything!"

*All high five*

Edited by KingKeif

Which is still wrong.

Element which makes 3/4 of unfinished game in beta state is priced like multiple triple A games.

Hey, it's cheaper by about three quarters, especially with the 25% discount and better if you have any Platinum discounts available. It's not like I've seen worse in other beta games.

Edited by JRMC

Do you honestly believe that moves like this have no effect on anyone other than DE making more money and some crazy person paying a ton for some crazy bundle?

I genuinely hate being that guy (SLIPPERYSLOPE2013), but I know first hand that unreasonable pricing in microtransaction games is the world's biggest snowball.

Just the way Potatoes rolled their way into Forma is one example for disturbing valuing and choices, which they have tried their best to put blockades around, but it still exists.

F2P games tend to only hurt (and often times kill) themselves because of old-fashioned and illogical valuing.

There's never a balance, always just extremities. And it inveitably affects every single player.

(P.S: Not saying that THE END IS NEIGH just because of one stupid deal, but I'm saying that it isn't necessarily a stand-alone event that will have no effect on the future or the players who decide to ignore it.)

The end is neigh though! Horses everywhere, burning down houses, eating babies, poisoning world leaders, stampeding hospitals, seducing messed up bronies, making themselves into burgers and selling them in Tescos to cause a panic, making PC games only work on Mac, all of that shiz.

Hey, it's cheaper by about three quarters, especially with the 25% discount and better if you have any Platinum discounts available. It's not like I've seen worse in other beta games.

True.

But it's like saying cancer is better than HIV

both are lethal.

DE NEEDS to learn how to price their stuff, or sooner or later it'll bite them back in their asses.

I don't understand what people are on about in this thread.

If you were going to buy all the warframes in the first place, Darvo's deal is a good one.

If you weren't, then what do you really care?

EDIT: Or are people complaining just because platinum:money is high?

Edited by J-Pax

I think it has every Warframe except Nekros, but Nekros is easily farmed.

Personally, I'd rather craft them all than buy them all. I'm all for supporting the game, but there's nothing left if I buy all the Frames.

That's just it though, it's entirely optional. As their ONLY source of income from this game, to support an entire development team, hardware requirements, maintenance and updates, advertisement ETC this is perfectly justified to be relatively high. I just wish we didn't have a thread about platinum being high every week.

Sorry for trying to make this funny.

The argument is about who ever will spend this much money for a game thing nowadays.

The F2P model is supposed to be supported by micro transactions, that in turn encourage players to spend their in-game currency with impulse buys for shiny new stuff, so that they are back for more in-game currency, etcetera.

Really, who else except that one rich kid will go for this? DE get a grip.

Maybe i'm just living under a rock and have no idea how the economy is going, but this just seems stupid, might as well be no deal at all.

I think DE lost perspective.

One of Warframe's advantages is its free to play nature, i think this is one major reason why it got 3 million plus users, not sure if it could've gone that far with a subscription based model, surely not while it's in beta. Let's say 10 to 15 $ per month and you would get everything, now look at these idiotic deals that ask you 2 times over the money for a brand new retail game just to unlock content.

Agreed, it's completely optional, but it doesn't make me not stop and think "how stupid do they hope we are?".