Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Reconstructing / Room Moving System

Eis_Katze

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I have done a few searches, dug through pages of forums, and no, I did not use Reddit or other sites to see if they had similar posts.

So with our current Dojo system, in order to, let's say, move a elevator from one side of a room to another, even with the room above/below being the same as the room you want to build in, you would need to delete the room the first elevator connects to, even after the new elevator is built. This is a underlying flaw with the current building system that irks me so.

It relies on a placement order, making you delete rooms that you would not normally have a issue with, just to change something inbetween the entire design. On top of that, any objects you have made (and we've all seen that people have some pretty invested time into some of these) are gone when you delete a room. Here is the next issue, culling your Dojo rooms back to change a implemented area is a lot more destructive than it should be.

Then you have things like each room destruction time, build time, etc, not overly too concerned on that. The main thing is, we will (hopefully) keep getting more clan rooms, with Railjack being around the corner, and a supposed K-drive park somewhere in the pipelines, I can assume these are not small rooms, and some clans may want to re-work some areas to incorporate hallway splits or junctions they didn't realize they'd need before.

Yes, we could just deal with it, because everything can be destroyed and rebuilt, or we can just make some odd ended room be a new split since teleporters are probably the way most people travel, but that's also the idea of 'fixing it with duct tape' instead of correcting a underlying issue: Allowing us to reconstruct our Dojo's in a less destructive ,and preferably time consuming, way to make room for future expansions and optimized pathing.

If we could get a simple overview system that let us move rooms or a way to, instead of delete a room, put it in a 'stasis' type ordeal to move it manually without deleting everything in it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, and please, keep up the good work DE, Tennocon was a blast this year and I love having such a wonderful community to share ideas and co-operate with.

• Like 2

Fairly sure it was mentioned in threads before but that stuff gets easily buried here. But yeah, it certainly is something that needs to be added, with the current layout of my dojo I surely could use the ability to move around rooms and make things a bit more symmetrical since it was started and done like that before I joined the clan and we already expanded quiet a lot over time with rooms.

• Like 1

Right? I actually had a area set aside for a possible future Landing Craft room, like in the Relays. I figured maybe Railjack would be perfect here, then I saw the room size on the dev stream and was just like... O.O

I think it might still fit, buuuuuut... I have gone over my layout multiple times and realized a mishap I did when I first built it, something that could give me much more expansion room without sacrificing pathing simplicity. Only issue is, and this does relay to my elevator example, I would need to destroy about two clan halls as well as 3 other segments to actually correct my overlook. Essentially, the entirety of my second floor would need to be demolished to, and put simply, add a four way connector piece, throw/move the elevator to the side of it, then connect it to the second floor. I tried re-routing the elevator to a different room that connected the 2nd and 1st floor, but then I learned, you need to dismantle rooms in the order they where added for any connecting section.

It's very frustrating, to choose between undoing months worth of time or to simply ignore the original idea of keeping everything simple and efficient. Personally I feel like a Dojo with a efficient layout just feels nicer and more cared for, and what not is the point of a Dojo than to be a place of pride? (and MR fodder XD)

• 2 years later...
On 2019-07-15 at 9:27 PM, (XBOX)RPColten said:

Yes please.

It's especially irksome with the Hall system where each higher tier of Clan Halls requires the previous version to be currently built, so you can't delete or move rooms involving these lower tier halls if your higher tier versions are being used.

Oh god i need it now that i have to move my Disco-Pub positioned in the Dry Dock xD, i have a tons of items well positioned in there D:, or at least it would be usefull to "Save" the position settings of items about a certain room.

• 1 month later...