Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your thoughts on exclusive Nightwave weapons?

-Vahagn-

Hello Tenno, I would like to know your thoughts on what you think about exclusive Nightwave weapons such as Wolf Sledge.

I am not sure if the current Nightwave series has a exclusive weapon or field boss, but how would you feel if it does or does not?

Here are some ideas on what you can say regrading this topic:

• Should Nightwaves have exclusive weapons?
  • How hard do you think the grind should be?
  • How powerful do you think it should be?
  • Has this or will this impact the community in anyway?
  • Do you like them?
  • Do you think they are a good idea?
  • Should they stay exclusive?
  • Anything you wish to say about this subject.

For me, I am OK with them. However I would not encourage people to pay over 1000 plat for them like some did for Wolf Sledge.

Let me know your thoughts.

I like the weapons. They should be easy to get imo, about as easy as any other boss drop weapon. Little more than a "participation reward" more like a "participation with effort reward" Most of the NW rewards are basic participation rewards for stuff that we'd be doing anyways. Just give everyone like NW rank 10 a week at the end of NW a chance to get the weapon. The armor and cosmetics looks nice. The weapons look nice and are useful 

• Like 5

-  A NW exclusive weapon!? Sure why not,it would definitely be something more to look forward than a cosmetic item(even if i totally like the current ones).

-  Just as much as you need in order to reach level 30. If you can even called that a grind.

- I would say let it be a OK well balance weapon,not OP or weak. Maybe with some kind of cool alternative mechanic that we haven't seen so far.

- How would it impact the community? Well its going to be a s... show or like a tsunami of complains of people complaining that they cant get it because they don't want to do the NW even if they did S1 and S2 or complain that its even more hard to finish the season and that it has to be even easier.

- Not sure what you mean by this.

- Personally i like the idea but considering how people react to NW as it is now and complain at every single aspect of it who knows!?

- As a exclusive to the NW season end reward why not. It would definitely be something to really look forward.

- Finale thought: not really sure if DE would do it because of the backlash they could get from people(who again) complaining how hard NW is to do even if there are a lot of threads of people asking for hard content to do,because everything is to easy.🙄

Edited by Heiven

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m just waiting for a NW Warframe skin so people lose their minds 😆🤪.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

It'll make the player base come undone.

I'm all for it. 

At this point, this is where most of my enjoyment of the forum comes from.  All the salty tears.  

I mean it worked out so well in the past DE stopped the practice entirely and reintroduced near all old exclusive so... (no we don't need exclusionary elitist sticks, it hurts more people then it benefits and the people who want it will get along fine without their confidence being tied to some random toy in a videogame)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Mag getting her revenge on the player base for making her a meme. I agree. I want to see some salt.

The new cinematic video show cases Mag and shows she's the one chosen by the operator; my revenge is almost complete. 

Encouraging cruddy exclusive weapons would help that along though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Hello Tenno, I would like to know your thoughts on what you think about exclusive Nightwave weapons such as Wolf Sledge.

I am not sure if the current Nightwave series has a exclusive weapon or field boss, but how would you feel if it does or does not?

• Do you like them?

For me, I am OK with them. However I would not encourage people to pay over 1000 plat for them like some did for Wolf Sledge.

I like the idea of adding new weapons, not so much exclusive - but if they fit a theme then it's all good.

#1 I'm fine with Nightwave having exclusive weapons, as long as we can get them again in the future (for new player's sake).

#2 & #3 That is dependent solely on how useful the weapon is. If it's a gimmick weapon that doesn't really deal much damage, then it should be fairly easy to get. If they're trying to make it sound like Mjölnir then it should be powerful and semi-difficult to get (but still possible if you focus on getting it).   I don't see a point in adding exclusive weapons, if by the time you get to it, you get a 'meh' weapon as a reward. Sadly, that is how the Wolf Sledge felt; it's a great way to deflate players and make them hate going for stuff like that (i.e. Sibear &Hema too).

#4 Could possibly, like I mentioned before - if the weapon is trash but hard to get, I think it would spike a bit of anger from the community (and rightfully so). Even if the weapon is "Free" , someone has to spend the time and effort creating the thing, might as well make it useful so it gets some.. use out of it.

#5 Didn't care for the sledge, didn't do anything unique enough to step out of the shadow of anything that does melee better. Nor does it have a gimmick that is worth the hassle of using it.

#6 If done correctly, yes.

#7 Not permanently, timed exclusives seem to be DE's stance on things, and I think that's a good route to keep. Giving, Trinity, Ash, Nekros etc. w/ Twitch Prime, years after they've been out, is a good way of getting players involved and interested in Warframe.   Giving event exclusive weapons, a previous badge of 'honour' if you will, for free I think rubs many in the community the wrong way. Perhaps giving a complementary skin showing that you unlocked it via the event would help make the transition easier, but that's my opinion.

#8 I think if they're going to make exclusive weapons, they should have a side gimmick that they do well (like the login reward weapons), or  be powerful, but not de-throne the meta weapons.   In a looter shooter, if the weapon doesn't match up, it normally won't be used, that is a fact.  So weapons they make in the future should either change a popular model, delving into new mechanics and fire modes etc. (gimmick, utility) or be similar to what we already have, but still comparable and powerful, but without being a literal copy/paste with a new coat of paint. 

More like those guys above me will lose their mind when DE decided to just hand that exclusive weapon over to new players on a plate after 1 year. Like Braton and Lato Vandal..

"But it's said to be exclusive" "Am leaving the game" "DE dO nOt ReSPect vEts"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

More like those guys above me will lose their mind when DE decided to just hand that exclusive weapon over to new players on a plate after 1 year. Like Braton and Lato Vandal..

"But it's said to be exclusive" "Am leaving the game" "DE dO nOt ReSPect vEts"

Can't be upset over things I don't have and don't want to grind for. 

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I think they handled the Wolf Sledge poorly.

Especially since the Wolf Beacon is obtained via... 50 Cred. =\

I have to agree, the Wolf himself rarely spawns and his drops are like a 3% chance.

Also the wolf beacon is kind of a scam, you can buy 3 nitain with that cred. You would have to buy at least 39 – 40 in order to get Wolf Sledge, unless you are super lucky.

If someone wants Wolf Sledge so badly I would say just trade for it. Its funny how at one point it costed 500-1000 plat, now its like 70.

Edited by WH1735S0W

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

At this point, this is where most of my enjoyment of the forum comes from.  All the salty tears.  

Really? I'm starting to get bored of it actually. I just thought "Oh, this goes here and do that. What else is new?"

5 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Really? I'm starting to get bored of it actually. I just thought "Oh, this goes here and do that. What else is new?"

I have to.  My other option is to cry of sadness from all the stupidity posted.  Since I refuse to pity the fools, I take joy in the salty tears.  

14 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

• Do you like them?

Exculsive anything is BS.