Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moostar95

What was your most noob moment

4 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I have plenty of noob moments to choose from, so I'm presenting you the situation I'm currently in. I'm trying for the MR19 test, but I just can't do it. It involves stealth without using any warframe abilities, and apparently I'm just bad at it. I've been derping around so much without success, once I do it, bet I can qualify for the MR20 test right away 😅

Take Banshee and redeemer/sarpa, snipe everything with charged shot:-)

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Take Banshee and redeemer/sarpa, snipe everything with charged shot:-)

I was thinking about bringing a gunblade or thrown melee, managed to get everything for Orvius last weekend. But haven't thought about Banshee and her passive ability which makes all weapons silent! I'll give it a try with her, thank you for the idea! 😊

59 minutes ago, -STR-Lotus said:

that-is-noho-he-is-aragorn-son-of-aratho

And the your noobest moment was...?

Someone thinking your boyfriend lives using his body or sg? 😳

When i first started playing back around update 13 I didn't know what mods were and struggled my way through large parts of the star chart with an unmodded Aklato.

Thought blast damage was best damage because knockdowns opened finishers.

I wasn't all wrong, since I mained a Kestrel with Zephyr. When doing the finisher on a downed enemy with the kestrel you do a HUGE slash proc.

Sold a frost prime part, back when it was worth quite a lot...

Hey, I needed the credits ! How else would I have been able to build my seer... I can still feel the plats I paid to get it back, it still stings...

38 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

When i first started playing back around update 13 I didn't know what mods were and struggled my way through large parts of the star chart with an unmodded Aklato.

This is funny but in the meantime actually an amazing accomplishment as well. After this kind of training, I bet you absolutely owned the other part of the star chart, having discovered the power of modding 😃

Accidentely sold my first Opticor riven, back before transmuting them was a thing. I had re-rolled it a few times when i had some kuva, then backed up to the main mod screen, selected a couple crap rivens and went to sell (to make room), didn't see that the opticor riven was still selected from re-rolling it. And hit sell. Went to tweak my Opticor a few minutes later (regular, before Vandal hit) and wondered why there was a hole the mod screen. HUUUUUUUUGE facepalm. Managed to get another one cheap with crap stats before their prices skyrocketed when the Vandal hit. Have since re-rolled it for some decent stats, but still isn't a god roll, but I can defiantly use it. Had a good recovery, but that one will always make me double check what I do whenever I am in the mod stations messing with mods.

The person who introduced me to Warframe genuinely believed Sechura was the best place for levelling stuff because Hydron/Grineer is "too hard", and ignis is the only weapon worth using because it didn't require aiming.

I took a lot of his "advice" on how to play because I was new and didn't know better. 

I maxed-out my very first Riven mod immediately as it was given to me as a reward for beating The War Within.

I didn't know it was bound to the Tetra and thought it was just the name of the riven (Tetra Acritio).

15 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

The person who introduced me to Warframe genuinely believed Sechura was the best place for levelling stuff because Hydron/Grineer is "too hard", and ignis is the only weapon worth using because it didn't require aiming.

I took a lot of his "advice" on how to play because I was new and didn't know better. 

Knew a guy who tried teaching me about "Pro builds" that he used. Talked about using "this pro build can do this", "that pro build can do that", "pro builds that one youtuber used". He used the term "Pro Build" whenever he referred to his builds. Was entertaining, especially when I started custom modding myself without much internet help outside the wiki on understanding what a mod does exactly, and started blowing his builds out of the water.

EDIT adding: once you see the hows and whys of the modding scene, you can push limits that DE doesn't want you to know about.

2nd EDIT adding: Still friends with the guy, we game a little bit from time to time, and have some laughs about his "Pro Builds". He doesn't use the term anymore once he figured out some decent modding skills for himself.

Do something noobish or stupid almost every mission, luckily things move fast enough that nobody notices most of the time.

On the flip side, have been unfairly blamed for many noobish or stupid things I haven't done, most recently of scanning a synthesis target with my gun.

Oh, that reminds me of mine:

Me: "Hmm, this enemy is much harder than usual, how odd"

Simaris: "What have you done?!"

6 minutes ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

On the flip side, have been unfairly blamed for many noobish or stupid things I haven't done, most recently of scanning a synthesis target with my gun.

This reminded me of one time I was really a noob, we were doing a low level mission on Mars I think, ran into a synthesis target for the first time. I did not know what it was, so me and my fellow newbies grouped up and started beating the hell out of the thing! It was a tough fight, I even showed my boyfriend (new player as well at that time) what an unusually hardy enemy I found, and he encouraged me to just keep beating it 😃 After the noobsquad slashing it for minutes, the poor fella ran out of health and gave up. I felt so accomplished!

Ha yeah, I thought the game had some tough rewarding mini-bosses until I actually realised what synthesis targets were.  The pattern I'm seeing in this thread is that Simaris seems to enjoy noobing us all.

Since I play public 98% of the time I would bail immediately on every Survival mission.  Lotus would say that I had to distract the enemy while my fellow Tenno looted the place...I wanted to be that Tenno looter.  I would retry the missions several times waiting for that dialogue to change.  It wasn't until I was solo did I realize and that did take a bit for me to realize...

7 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The ropalolyst fight, thinking after shooting the weakspots the fight is "bugged as hell, typical" .. not knowing I had to push a button to bring the fight further.. when I found out what to do, I felt like a true noob lol

Hah!  I even made a "I want to learn this fight solo without spoilers but it seems bugged" post about the ropalolyst, only later to get that warm fuzzy noob feeling when I also realized this.  I was even called a slow learner and a noob in that thread for extra credits 🙂

I been here 2 years now and still dont know whot okill some bosses like the hammer grineer dude and salad v like do i hit them till they are available to be damaged or do I wait idk.

most noob moment is when playing with my friend doing md sortie he said get limbo and i did and had no idea what to do with him as I leveled him and left him to colelct dust, he just said "Cast his 4 and his 2 on the consoles" so I cast it before the data mass is put into it and everyone is raging at me in chat and my friend just lmaoing and i dont know what happening 

When i was MR5 (i am now 24 btw) i still had no ideea how to bullet jump, imagine how i felt during 1 of those Lua Trials when i finally found out...

14 hours ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Quite new, disappointingly asked why the player beside me brought an Inaros on a Hijack sortie mission. 

that is minor he shouldn't be able to do it

I just learned 2 weeks ago that void dashing through enemies restores energy. And I use operators often. I have no idea how I didn't realize this sooner.

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I just learned 2 weeks ago that void dashing through enemies restores energy. And I use operators often. I have no idea how I didn't realize this sooner.

OMG it does?? 😂

I went to Sortie with Elemental Enhancement. I didnt even read the description.

It was Toxin.

I was using Hyldrin.