Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moostar95

What was your most noob moment

9 hours ago, bl1te said:

That feeling when you already soloing sorties, arbitrations, kuva flood, learning to solo Eidolons, but.. forget how to beat Sargas Ruk and other bosses for that frame systems for Ephemera.

I too, hate it when I'm so beast-mode pro that I forget what it feels like to run normal content lmao.

Nah, mine is when I have to run a riven challenge that requires one of those corrupted keys; like a bleeding or hobbled. After unveiling the riven I never realize I forgot to take that key off until I'm already at sortie 3 or something and wondering "wtf why the frik am I doing 0 damage or dying so dang fast?"

"Oh."

31 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

Try using redeemer/sarpa and a banshee to silence the weapon, snipe as many enemies as you can before going in, profit

Yeah I got the same advice from someone else here too, managed to do it last night with Banshee! (I'm not experienced with gunblades, tried Sarpa too but I was just noobing around and kept getting caught, did it with an Orthos the way this challenge was originally intended 😛)

But thanks for the help nevertheless 😊 Looks like I'm the one who did not think of Banshee right away.

Pretty much every time I log into the game is a noob moment... :sad:

So many times I've clicked on a mission before properly checking my loadout, bullet jumped into oblivion (a.k.a the "black screen of reset"), got lost or couldn't find my way to an objective (this mainly on the Jupiter maps).

Lots of early Archwing missions where I couldn't reach the escape pods in time, or disable the enemy ship.

Lots of spy missions where I've carelessly triggered alarms.

Yep - I am most definitely a still a noob... :facepalm:

13 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Hey, just came back to brag... I did it 😄

(Banshee was key, thanks for the idea!)

Congrats, mate:-) Most of the difficult mastery tests can be made much more managable by selecting proper equipment. My advice is- try the test in Simaris room and think 'how do I cheese it?' BTW, my noob moment... More like period:-) I was MR 18 when i discovered that trying for a test is a thing. Before that it was always trial by fire, then wait 24 hours:-)

I love picking up the Mobile Defense datamass just to switch weapons seconds later while I bulletjump my way to the terminal. One time I even wrote in chat that it was bugged as I couldn't insert it into the terminal, and then the next guy came with the device I had dumped somewhere along the way, lol. I didn't touch datamasses again in pugs for at least a month after that.

A bad habit from switching to op kitguns when starting missions nowadays.

12 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

I love picking up the Mobile Defense datamass just to switch weapons seconds later while I bulletjump my way to the terminal. One time I even wrote in chat that it was bugged as I couldn't insert it into the terminal, and then the next guy came with the device I had dumped somewhere along the way, lol. I didn't touch datamasses again in pugs for at least a month after that.

A bad habit from switching to op kitguns when starting missions nowadays.

Oh I had something similar happen to me during the thermia event. Grabbed the coolant cell and started flying, but then I had to use a weapon. Somehow I dropped the damn thing without even noticing. The cell was almost full, naturally... My squad was furious 😓

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

I was MR 18 when i discovered that trying for a test is a thing. Before that it was always trial by fire, then wait 24 hours:-)

live dangerously mike myers GIF

Got grapple hooked into Lenz explosion by the same Ancient I hit it with...few times in the same mission before I switched weapons in rage

5 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I too, hate it when I'm so beast-mode pro that I forget what it feels like to run normal content lmao.

Nah, mine is when I have to run a riven challenge that requires one of those corrupted keys; like a bleeding or hobbled. After unveiling the riven I never realize I forgot to take that key off until I'm already at sortie 3 or something and wondering "wtf why the frik am I doing 0 damage or dying so dang fast?"

"Oh."

I have been playing for a year, 1k + hours and I did yesterdays sortie with my bleeding key on. My low health didn't click until sortie 3.

2 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I have been playing for a year, 1k + hours and I did yesterdays sortie with my bleeding key on. My low health didn't click until sortie 3.

Glad I'm not the only one lmao

6 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

I was MR 18 when i discovered that trying for a test is a thing. Before that it was always trial by fire, then wait 24 hours:-)

I usually still do that, much more fun that way, at least for me.

I started to build something in my foundry and got overzealous with my clicks and made the "pay plat to rush" thing pop up. Like a dummy I saw the yes/confirm/whatever button and clicked it. That thing was gonna be done in like an hour. :crylaugh:

Good job me!

5 minutes ago, Plushy said:

I started to build something in my foundry and got overzealous with my clicks and made the "pay play to rush" thing pop up. Like a dummy I saw the yes/confirm/whatever button and clicked it. That thing was gonna be done in like an hour. :crylaugh:

Good job me!

Oh I did this too, accidentally rushed a derelict key for 5 plats. It was an expensive 30 seconds 😃

6 minutes ago, Plushy said:

I started to build something in my foundry and got overzealous with my clicks and made the "pay play to rush" thing pop up. Like a dummy I saw the yes/confirm/whatever button and clicked it. That thing was gonna be done in like an hour. :crylaugh:

Good job me!

Well, at least you helped DE put that plat out of circulation, which means someone has to pay for said plat, which means they can put that money into development.

15 hours ago, kgabor said:

You can take them in those missions if you have a working brain and don't spam abilities while being affected by rad procs.

True, though Saryns and Mesas tend to do exactly that. I know now how to avoid the rad procs altogether, but I cannot speak for my teammates.

vfie2wml92y21.png

Every single time