Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should more dynamic stats be available for rivens?

(XBOX)Architect Prime

While it's a good idea in theory, in practice it would dilute the riven roll stat table even further making strong rivens even harder to get. Imagine getting +damage +multishot but -energy on headshot, suddenly you have another super harmful negative available as a potential roll.

Now if DE decided to ever fix how badly the RNG of rivens is, whether with stat locking or stat skewing, then yes this would be awesome, but current times no it would be more harmful than good, sadly.

On 2019-07-16 at 7:54 AM, Caine2112 said:

More stats isn't the answer.  Being able to lock a stat while RNGesus does its thing IS the answer.  The mindless fount of tedium that is Kuva random rolls for rivens is the mechanic that actually needs a serious rework.

This! Hate how a kuva farm amounts to a solid 3 rolls or so a bit more if used on all unrolled rivs but c'mon who rly that lucky.

The ability to lock even just 1 Permanat stat would be amazing, so long as it dont cost kuva lol let it be nano spores I can pay for almost everyone for a while if the cost nano spores lmao

1 hour ago, Zectico said:

What if rivens simply had a chance to roll a stat from its augment(s)? 

e.g. Sobek riven with [Scattering Justice] and [Acid Shells] built in 😄

Aldo it does 200% hp as corrosive damage for 20m radius.

On 2019-07-18 at 11:32 PM, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Stat-locking does make sense. It helps rivens to balance things out more efficiently. 

I believe Brozime made a video a long time ago comparing Rivens rolls and another game allowing stat locking for a cost.

On 2019-07-19 at 8:36 PM, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Would more missions that give kuva make it feel better to grind?

By the great Tenno gawds, please no.  This game has FAR FAR too much grinding already.  More grind is definitely not the answer.

Besides, "more kuva missions" already exists in the game.  Whenever the fortress is near a planet, you have kuva siphons and floods in various mission types.

How about more control over rivens?
I suggest limited single stat rolls while locking all the other ones WHILE making single rolled rivens becoming untradable.
Kinda like in D3 when you reroll a weapon stat, your'e stuck with the other stats permanently.

Lets say we get some rolls and finally get some stats we want. Yay!
This is the weapon. This is a riven you'll never sell no matter what. But it is tad bit weaker then you expected.
SO? lets cement that.

By the cost of [Whatever thing that drops from Eidelon/Orb] you make your riven untradable and lock all your riven stats.
Now you can choose only one stat to reroll. And from now on, you can only reroll that specific stat.
Was it a terrible negative like -160% damage? You can now reroll it for -100% zoom!
Note that if you reroll a positive, you will only get a positive. and If you reroll a negative, you'll only get a negative.
No overpowering things. (Assuming this already isn't)

AND riven dispos will still change the stat numbers. This is just changing what kind of stats you get.
Also if you had only 2 stats, you can only roll 2 stats. The number of stats you get will stick once you start single rolling.
You'll start using less kuva for each single stat roll, starting from 900 and capping at 1500.

Giving this AND a better way to farm Kuva might make some overpriced rivens to become a tad bit lower while also allow a lot more options for less hardcore players as well.

Honestly I just wish we had some kind of boss rush mode or Endless horde dungeon mode (without shifting places or having restrictions like in EOS) for Kuva farming.
I don't like having to think about a lot of stuff sometimes. Sometimes I just wanna fight until I get overwhelmed by enemies. Not by some weird timer or stat.
+ Adding difficulty selections to these may give more of an "endgame" feel that the game currently lacks.

my 2 cents.

Edited by Shaburanigud