Started as warframe rivens. Is now an evolving warframe balance idea.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

This is my personal opinions and logic. 

My philosophies: The best way to balance warframe is to allow the player to slowly grow into a God. Enemy scaling shouldn't be about raw numbers and staus alone. Your energy should be able to reflect how powerful you actually are. Warframe abilities should be stronger than most weapons.

Random stat mods for warframes: Warframes can be used to cheese enemies of any level AS IS. And people always go on and on about balance and endgame. I've been on both sides in my warframe lifespan. It seems like the issue is that people think that the player gear is the problem when it's actually the enemies. There needs to be enemies that have mechanics that don't let you fire and forget (weapons and abilities). I'm also not a fan of grunt enemies being able to tank kilotons of damage at high levels; that should be reserved for more elite units. Grunts Should scale much much slower than elite units. And grunts being able to one-shot a cranky frame at high levels is also nonsense. Now don't worry. I'll bring it back to warframes. Now this is going to sound off the rails, but bear with me... It seems like the simplest and most effective solution is allow the warframes a way to scale as high as enemies scale. You may be wondering what I'm talking about when I just mentioned that virtually any level of enemy is chewable in some way. Well this is where the perception of imbalance is. Some frames are noticeably more effective in basic situations then others, who seem to be lacking. So what if there was a way to bring everyone who grows and advances far enough to be able to become powerful beyond the point of it mattering who does more damage (the enemies will tie in)? The answer is something like a riven. Something where DE can manage the disposition. There's far less warframe's than weapons, so that part should be relatively easy for them. This way, all the warframes become godly, as they are supposed to be. 

Dynamic enemies: The enemies in this game seem to be a scaling and mechanical disaster. Warframe is basically a super advanced, arcade horde shooter. Of course the horde aspect has gotten mutated beyond recognition. The grunts should come in actual hordes and clots. They should swarm and be easily killable. Their the common gravel... But the elite units should be like gods among presents. They should scale much faster and have interesting mechanics. Only being to damage weakpoints, bigger nullifier globes, enemies that consistently dodge projectiles, and other things that typically make enemies more difficult and interesting. The nox, while a good attempt, is still too easy to be taken seriously. I like how sentiments adapt to damage types. There needs to be should be more things that a frame like saryn can't with spores and miasma. How about enemies that switch teleport with you, but they teleport you into a circle of enemies at a random tile or location that start unloading immediately. Interesting and dangerous scenarios should unfold. Like once you're on the alarms, corpus should be doing everything their power to turn off your warframe abilities. Their smart After all. See what I'm saying?

The sentient endgame: They should have it all. A way to turn off your abilities, that adaptive armor/sheilds. High mobility. A few good tactics. Massive armor and shield scaling. And all the stops you can reasonably fit on them. Maybe sentiments are how you get this insane, mod proposal. Im gonna end this here since I'm starting to lose track of myself. Might add a few points later.

My conclusion: If you give warframes something like rivens and rework the enemies instead, the game will fulfill many aspects: effective balance, endgame, power and growth that leads to a sense of achievement. 

update: Okay, I've got what I think is a more evolved idea based on what everyone's sayin'. Based on how you play and what you use/do or don't use/do, base stats will increase or decrease. Not by an astronomical amount, but enough to matter. And to avoid spamming, some things could actually get weaker if you use them at an extreme frequency (spamming miasma every single second of the day). How does that sound?

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
Updated
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...No...just...good lord no.

We don't need more trade chat spam of people going "WTS RHINO RAZZLEDE-DAZZLE 1k PLAT".

Maybe there should be a way to increase the chance that your riven will be on a certain weapon or another. That would promote farming them rather than paying thousands of plat.

Note: I might actually start doing sorties again if I had some say in how my riven turns out.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing some Exaulted Rivens to be honest.

Not sure that I'd want to see actual Warframe Rivens considering DE already had a beast of a time balancing Warframes themselves. I mean the reason they ultimately nerfed the everloving snot out of Ember can essentially be traced back to (IMHO) the addition of Auger Reach to the game which cranked people who where already running max ranged builds right up to 11. I can only cringe at all the additional hamfisted changes that Frames would get hobbled with in an attempt to reign in godtier Warframe Rivens. It just wouldn't work. 

Warframe rivens cant help underpowered frames because their problem are not too low ability stats but their abilities themselves. This would only help out the frames that are already at the top (a thing riven specifically set out not to do). And good luck getting a riven that you actually want and on top of that getting the stats you want without spending plat (at which point we're getting dangerously close to pay2win area). So please miss me with that thing.

6 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Warframe rivens cant help underpowered frames because their problem are not too low ability stats but their abilities themselves. This would only help out the frames that are already at the top (a thing riven specifically set out not to do). And good luck getting a riven that you actually want and on top of that getting the stats you want without spending plat (at which point we're getting dangerously close to pay2win area). So please miss me with that thing.

I can understand your point, but I disagree. So what if it was an upgrade, like an Orokin catalyst or forma. You'd get one, plug it into the frame, and there would be some way to steer the stats in a direction. Imma make an update for this on.the post.

4 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

INB4 Saryn OpS#&$ata

+100 str
+100 range
+100 Hp
-100 Shields

Резултат с изображение за balance meme

You got it wrong. Not BIS.

Should be Saryn OpS#&$atis

+100 str

+100 range

+ 100 eff

- 100 shield.

You also forgot the Loki PermaivisiS#&$s.

+ 200 Dur

+ 200 range

- 100 str.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

You got it wrong. Not BIS. 

Should be Saryn OpS#&$atis 

+100 str 

+100 range

+ 100 eff

- 100 shield.

You also forgot the Loki PermaivisiS#&$s.

+ 200 Dur

+ 200 range

- 100 str.

Wait, I got 1 even better

+100 str 

+100 range

+ 100 eff

- 100 bullet jump damage.

Just now, Ver1dian said:

Wait, I got 1 even better

+100 str 

+100 range

+ 100 eff

- 100 bullet jump damage.

1000 plat plus my Catchmoon Riven I want to trade!

Il y a 2 heures, Datam4ss a dit :

1000 plat plus my Catchmoon Riven I want to trade!

Better not. This is riven on Inaros. 

Hmm. But -95% shield capacity will be a good bonus for undead hildryn. And if you make more than 100, the normal shields will be completely absent, which means that there will be only oversield and better protection with a dark dagger.

Edited by zhellon

The concept of rivens for weapons can make sense because you progress through weapons for mastery and leave many of them behind. This was not how they worked out for at least the first two years, and you can easily argue DE's stated goal with rivens was not honest because the weapons still desperately needed rebalancing (which they did eventually do really well) - but at least their stated goal makes sense in theory.

Warframes are not like this. While it is okay for frames to not be perfectly balanced or equal, it is DE's job to work out their balance and roles - not put rivens into the game and accept some warframes should simply be worse.

Additionally, with how limited enemies are in their ability to make players engage them, even crazy stats would not allow some frames to see greater success. Even if you gave Zephyr infinite strength, she can't do what Saryn does. Even if you give Ember infinite strength, her Fireball is still useless.

il y a 26 minutes, Neightrix a dit :

Additionally, with how limited enemies are in their ability to make players engage them, even crazy stats would not allow some frames to see greater success. Even if you gave Zephyr infinite strength, she can't do what Saryn does. Even if you give Ember infinite strength, her Fireball is still useless.

Now change the strength to radius and duration and try again. Weapons the same, there is a weapon that cannot crit, but it does not mean that riven is useless for them, just need another stat. Here the problem is different. The riven system can make it clear that there will be no more reworks and the old warframes will remain at the bottom even with riven like many guns now.