Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration - Dust settled, is it ok now?

Monlex

Trying to achieve a 3:20 per rotation in Corpus Excavation Arbitration is something to behold. No, I don't think just anyone can do it. Try it. Use whatever you want. I dare you.

I really can't complain about Arbitration loot, either. Almost all of it earns plat - Aura Forma and Ephemera being the two things I can't sell.

8 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

And what else am I supposed to do in a survival mission?

6 hours ago, Bioness said:

Do damage and provide cc.

He's got a point.... Survivals are not about surviving.... they are about killing.... just like Defense.

3 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Get a decent melee weapon+ range, use maiming strike and you have more damage than saryn, mesa, and equinox and cc, easy.

Gross Exaggeration. 

15 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I don't agree with this. Most frames are viable for Arbies. Mag isn't a tank frame and I do 2 hour Arbies with her. Stealth frames do just fine as well. Lots of people do fine with Saryn, because you can still nuke enemies that arent boosted by drones. I do agree that pure CC frames like Nyx are relatively useless, but that's about it.

You can do arbitrations for a long time with maxed mods and weapons. That says absolutely nothing about what is effective or has a point pursuing. Just like you can bring Trinity to an extermination mission, Inaros to a spy mission or Limbo to a survival mission, yes you can do this and perform the task, but that does not mean it is particularly effective choice. If effectiveness is what a player is after, then this point is irrelevant. And I am not someone who cares much for efficiency myself. But it is accurate to say that because the way the drones function certain mechanics serve even far less purpose than they already do as is in the main game, and that objectively never is good gameplay design.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Why?

Because enemies scale in the 100s and you have the Arbitration drones there that need to be killed. If you are only playing for a few rounds, sure it won't matter, but for people actually looking to go for a long time, seeing a frame like Inaros is a kick in the privates. Same thing in ESO.

Edited by Bioness

Tbh, the missions are mostly very boring variations (only interception is good, and excavation is nit that different from standard), on top of that its takes forever to get to a good level since they only start at 60. I just kinda forgot they exist unless something ludicrous comes up like +300% strenght hildryn or equinox

the revive mechanic took any semblance of challenge out of it.

the rewards are meh

the 300% power strength is boring - why not change it up with range or duration occasionally? what am I to do with a 300% powerstrength loki.  and since so many abilities have hard caps, often even if the frame can benefit from some power strength, the 300% goes to waste.

10 min cycles are a chore

but I have gotten about 30 rivens from trading in vitus, then transmuting them (so net about 7 rivens since archgun rivens are useless)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

The difference is in time running out....

You're gonna have to explain your logic on that one.

1 hour ago, Bioness said:

Because enemies scale in the 100s and you have the Arbitration drones there that need to be killed. If you are only playing for a few rounds, sure it won't matter, but for people actually looking to go for a long time, seeing a frame like Inaros is a kick in the privates. Same thing in ESO.

Oh okay. If I ever want to join you in your super exclusive sweaty tryhard meta-only matches I'll be sure to pick a frame that you and the other sweaty meta elitists approve of. Because that matters to me. Lol.

Made me laugh when you implied inaros is only good for a few rounds.

Also made me laugh when you implied you can kick people. Unless that's a new feature?

On 2019-07-16 at 9:21 AM, Ikyr0 said:

I do agree that pure CC frames like Nyx are relatively useless, but that's about it.

A terminator nyx, especially with exploding primary can go pretty much forever in arbs.  

With operator movement, she no longer slow either.  

14 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

A terminator nyx, especially with exploding primary can go pretty much forever in arbs.  

With operator movement, she no longer slow either.  

if and only if you have Arcane Energize to sustain Absorb. Main problem with the build is that she is outclassed so hard by other melee frames who have unlimited mobility and range (because they're not limited by heavy blades). At best, Assimilate builds are mediocre.

Edited by Ikyr0

I do them on ocasion, but only if the mission has a noticiable difficulty and only if it's a mission type i like, so while infested excavation is great overall, i often prefer other mission types and other factions, the reason being to see who lives and who dies, who can do the mission and who can only complete it, i like watching others and deep down i gigle when others have die, i have also died aswell, i'm not imune to it, but i like to see what other players bring to the table, high mastery players who seem to brag alot only to die 3 minutes in is hilarious to me.

It is not a great source of endo but can be if your luck is good, mods can be traded for several filled ayatan statues, but it seems only adaptation grants a reliable ammount, other mods are meh, 10 minute survivals can also give 2 statues instead of 1 but then once the map is fully explored the next 10 minutes have a drop in loot that is significant, so you end up relying on mission rewards more than anything else.

It's a great gamemode, it does narrow the meta as stated since some weapons are just terrible to deal with the drones, but it's enjoyable and sometimes buffs for oberon does give me a chance to try something different, same with other warframes.

The only thing i don't like is the reviving aspect, not ony do we have self reiving now but arbitrations had it's only difficulty stripped away, i personally do not revive players unless they really deserve it and most times other players do that instead of me, because i already realized reviving a player will not change much. I would prefer if deaths were permanent for sure.

For my 10p the arbitrations are killed by the time sink. There needs to be some way we can "buy in" at a higher level by getting some equipment or consumable key and have something that also reduces the round cycle time to normal.

In short what I really want is a hard level without the massive time sink. Some of us work for a living.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Also made me laugh when you implied you can kick people. Unless that's a new feature?

I said "kick in the privates". It is an idiom equal to "kick in the balls" or "spit in the face". When I say that it means bringing a bad frame is showing that you don't care about your squad mates.

I'm not a meta try hard, I'm a "want someone useful" player. There are dozens of frames better to arbitrations than Inaros (who are most often than not leechers).

Edited by Bioness

On 2019-07-16 at 10:21 AM, Ikyr0 said:

I don't agree with this. Most frames are viable for Arbies. Mag isn't a tank frame and I do 2 hour Arbies with her. Stealth frames do just fine as well. Lots of people do fine with Saryn, because you can still nuke enemies that arent boosted by drones. I do agree that pure CC frames like Nyx are relatively useless, but that's about it.

Fun thing with nyx, chaosed enemies are not affected by the drone.