Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration - Dust settled, is it ok now?

Monlex

*Starts reading thread* 

Dear Google: what even the what is a resurgence drone? 

Also apparently Arbies is still a thing, I had it yesterday, they have the meats....... wait Arbitrations? uhhhh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bioness said:

I said "kick in the privates". It is an idiom equal to "kick in the balls" or "spit in the face". When I say that it means bringing a bad frame is showing that you don't care about your squad mates.

I'm not a meta try hard, I'm a "want someone useful" player. There are dozens of frames better to arbitrations than Inaros (who are most often than not leechers).

If you need me to bring a frame to support you, you're the leecher. Not me.

Inaros or any other frame + amprex/lenz/staticor/polearm/whip is more than capable of pulling their own weight.

• Like 1

As a Inaros player i'd say he's solid in Arbitration. He provides CC with 2 of his abilities and free health stations that you can use. And with his Scarab Swarm he can send health your way. Sure there are better frame for Arbitrations but for me i always bring my sandy boi.

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The difference is in time running out....

Might be my limited experience but at 2h enemy level 400+ is my longest (solo player) Survival run for now. Time running out is certainly no issue at that mark and i have a hard time to imagine this would be much of a problem up to 3h. Is it that the scaling is different for groups or are you talking about Arbitration Survival above 3h?

3 hours ago, Monlex said:

Might be my limited experience but at 2h enemy level 400+ is my longest (solo player) Survival run for now. Time running out is certainly no issue at that mark and i have a hard time to imagine this would be much of a problem up to 3h. Is it that the scaling is different for groups or are you talking about Arbitration Survival above 3h?

Were you using Inaros ? 

18 hours ago, Bioness said:

I'm not a meta try hard, I'm a "want someone useful" player. There are dozens of frames better to arbitrations than Inaros (who are most often than not leechers).

Can I like this not once but 100 times over? This perfectly sums up my thoughts and I wish more players would have that kind of attitude. Dont care if you are a tank, nuke or support. Just be somehow useful to the team. Inaros sadly in his current state, brings very little to the team. Hes not even one of the best tanks in the game...just lazy tank that requires very little input from the player.

23 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

if and only if you have Arcane Energize to sustain Absorb. Main problem with the build is that she is outclassed so hard by other melee frames who have unlimited mobility and range (because they're not limited by heavy blades). At best, Assimilate builds are mediocre.

Prime flow effciency build and then arcane energize not needed (but yeah, obviously nice).  Useful but not required, the old arcane effciency helmet also nice here.

If your good with operator movement, mobility not restricted at all.  Pop in and out of body frequently, can even use tethers for extra fun since won't need to heal.

Range also not a concern as Nyx is pretty much only frame that can safely bring explosive weapons to arbitration.  

Versus corpus, I agree it is risky because nullifiers but versus grineer or especially infested, this build of Nyx is underrated. Definitely better than mediocre and can easily do 1 hour survivals.

I'm not saying other frames are not better, I'm just saying Nyx can do arbitrations easily with a specific build because the claim was that she sucked.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

5 hours ago, binioslaw said:

Can I like this not once but 100 times over? This perfectly sums up my thoughts and I wish more players would have that kind of attitude. Dont care if you are a tank, nuke or support. Just be somehow useful to the team. Inaros sadly in his current state, brings very little to the team. Hes not even one of the best tanks in the game...just lazy tank that requires very little input from the player.

And what do you NEED from your team that's so gosh darned important? Particularly in a survival mission.

2 hours ago, Monlex said:

Yes Inaros against Infested, i have done multiple 2h  runs with him.

Maybe the scaling is different for groups.... 

Its difficult to say because I rarely do survival and the few times I did my group wouldn't stick together.... hence screwing up enemy spawns..... 

As for Inaros specifically. Just doesn't kill fast enough....

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'm still waiting to hear how time running out in survival is an issue. I know you're "tired" but I'm dying to know if you forgot that life support towers exist.

They don't.... 

They exist for Nekros because he doesn't need to use them.... 

my overall opinion towards this Mission type is exactly the same as when it was new. because nothing has actually changed about it.

it's the same thing i've done 2592352835265 times, just with some lame 'anti-meta' measure that just like everywhere else in the game backfires and only serves to enforce a stronger 'meta' instead.

41 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

Doubling the reward interval time was an instant deal breaker for me. Regular endless missions are tedious as it is.

You can literally farm endo faster elsewhere, the rewards are not so rewarding especially for content like that, it is also simply a copy and paste of other game modes in which values have been changed. Little to no workforce behind it.

12 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

And what do you NEED from your team that's so gosh darned important? Particularly in a survival mission.

I don't NEED help from Inaros or any other frame. I can go solo arb survival for +60min without much problems. The only thing i might die though is boredom. You might have not noticed, but this is a co-op game. I think that any kind of interactions between frames, abbilities, players is what makes this game interesting. Inaros brings very little to the team. While playing with Inaros in team I might have been playing solo. But different strokes for different folks. If not dying is all you need in co-op game then good for you, I guess.

5 hours ago, binioslaw said:

I don't NEED help from Inaros or any other frame. I can go solo arb survival for +60min without much problems. The only thing i might die though is boredom. You might have not noticed, but this is a co-op game. I think that any kind of interactions between frames, abbilities, players is what makes this game interesting. Inaros brings very little to the team. While playing with Inaros in team I might have been playing solo. But different strokes for different folks. If not dying is all you need in co-op game then good for you, I guess.

If inaros can pull enough damage/kills, which he can with any of a number of decent weapons, I dont see how you can say he "doesnt contribute to the team".

This isnt a game where you need a buff from chroma/oberon/rhino etc to be effective.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

If inaros can pull enough damage/kills, which he can with any of a number of decent weapons, I dont see how you can say he "doesnt contribute to the team".

This isnt a game where you need a buff from chroma/oberon/rhino etc to be effective.

Any frame can use s2w scoliac or pew pew with Ignis/Arca. Does having sand boy in your team changes anything in your gameplay? I don't think it does. Have you ever thought-ohh yeah I have Inaros in my team then I can try or use this?

And most Inaros players I met very rarely use his abbilities They are running usually with arcane grace so why should they be using his healing abbilities, when arcane solves their issue of pressing too many buttons. Whats the point of using grace on Inaros when you have 3 healing abbilities in your kit? Why not use something more beneficial like avenger, fury or even consequence? For me thats just enhancing more laziness in already lazy frame.

I'm probably salty becouse every arbitration I play theres at least one Inaros in team(had multiple runs with 3 of them). In survival I can maybe understand that, But when I see him in excavation, interception  defence or salvage I just sigh in dissapointment.

Or maybe thats just me and I'm completly missing something. Either way I wish you a good day and I'm going back to work. Cheers.

Edited by binioslaw
spelling

So you've just encountered trash ineros players.  News flash, they exist for every frame.

Ineros adds a decent cc that can heal anyone who kills the cc targets, adds another heal that can be used by any player, and adds another heal that can heal any player in the area.  He is litterally more healy than any other frame.  Just because some players suck doest remove value from the frame in group content.

59 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

So you've just encountered trash ineros players.  News flash, they exist for every frame.

Ineros adds a decent cc that can heal anyone who kills the cc targets, adds another heal that can be used by any player, and adds another heal that can heal any player in the area.  He is litterally more healy than any other frame.  Just because some players suck doest remove value from the frame in group content.

Its hard to find value, healing or cc when you dont use abbilties.  This encourages laziness or even afk situations.

But I'm not on any quest against this frame, its just Inaros somehow became meta for arbitrations. All im trying to say-even if you dont want to die....there are still other options that you might want to consider. Why not try something new? He really doesnt have to be the go to frame for this mode. And with changes to instant death i think its ok to maybe even take a risk and pick a squishier frame. Who knows maybe you will have a time of your life? Playing sonar/silence Banshee still gives me this rush of adrenaline like almost no other frame.But thats just me. We all have our preferences.

But if you really like Inaros then more power to you. Good luck in farming, killing or whatever you are doing.