Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover System?

gamer4ever27

this has probably been mentioned before, but I'm about 100 hours into the game and it just now hit me, with the grineer and corpus, we can pretty much do the same maneuvers they can, except hide behind cover, like they do.

I'm not talking about just moving your frame behind a wall, maneuver the camera, probably press 'H' and side step out. but why can't the frames put their back to the wall or crouch behind a pipe and pop out/up to shoot and return behind what they were hiding behind?

It just seems like something obvious

I see, well that's disappointing.

It just seems odd, in the higher level missions, if I'm not using a Rhino(currently my only defensive frame, others being Excal, Nyx and Nova), and I'm not in a full party, I pretty much HAVE to hide behind cover from the hail of bullets.

weirdly though, with a full party and abilities flying, most missions seems like a cake-walk

really?

the current system makes it harder to just rush everything without specifically modding to do so.

thats a good thing.

As a Frost/Saryn player, the slower base speed impacts me much more than the Lokis/Novas who can already rush just fine, thanks to their abilities and overall higher base sprint speeds.

As a Frost/Saryn player, the slower base speed impacts me much more than the Lokis/Novas who can already rush just fine, thanks to their abilities and overall higher base sprint speeds.

As a Frost Prime main, I keep up just fine, and even have the ability to do some dmg. Its all in how you move. Learn a few tricks and you should keep up fine. BTW... I use NO speed mods.

i5j16Oq.jpg

That is my build, and I keep up just fine. I kep stretch down low cuz I dont like having a huge globe...defeats the purpose of it blocking bullets when enemies are inside it. And I only use it till I get flow/focus.

I see, well that's disappointing.

It just seems odd, in the higher level missions, if I'm not using a Rhino(currently my only defensive frame, others being Excal, Nyx and Nova), and I'm not in a full party, I pretty much HAVE to hide behind cover from the hail of bullets.

weirdly though, with a full party and abilities flying, most missions seems like a cake-walk

This is pretty much the only reason I only play solo....

Four players constantly nuking with abilities make this game way too easy unless it's a ridiculously high defense mission(and even then the risk of the pod getting blown up is bigger than the risk of every player dying).And that's gonna get fixed soon with armour 2.0

A cover system would be nice IMO.I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with "keeping the games current pace".

Also before someone pulls out the "ninja argument", yes I agree we are ninjas.Note: NINJAS=/=Sonic the Hedgehog or The Flash.

Ninjas used to use brains, stealth and tactics to outmaneuver and defeat their opponents not ridiculous speeds.

Right now we might as well have Sonic's theme playing in the background when every mission starts especially since rushing is a giant issue.

I would absolutely love it if this game slowed down a bit and made using tactics and stealth better than running around at FTL speeds.

Edited by Cabadath5

A 'stick to cover' system would not be needed IF when you use the switch camera view button it switch the side you fired out of.

All Tenno are currently Right handed. They always fire from the right. If they could fire from the Left we'd have a cover system, classifed in some games as soft cover because its all about putting wall between your body and the enemys' bullets.

If the Switch Camera button let you fire from the Left we wouldn't need this thread.

A 'stick to cover' system would not be needed IF when you use the switch camera view button it switch the side you fired out of.

All Tenno are currently Right handed. They always fire from the right. If they could fire from the Left we'd have a cover system, classifed in some games as soft cover because its all about putting wall between your body and the enemys' bullets.

If the Switch Camera button let you fire from the Left we wouldn't need this thread.

hit h (iirc).

congrats, your now left handed.

why can't the frames put their back to the wall or crouch behind a pipe and pop out/up to shoot and return behind what they were hiding behind?

Because cover-based shooters with chest-high walls makes for really boring gameplay.

Warframe is much more fast paced.

This is pretty much the only reason I only play solo....

Four players constantly nuking with abilities make this game way too easy unless it's a ridiculously high defense mission(and even then the risk of the pod getting blown up is bigger than the risk of every player dying).And that's gonna get fixed soon with armour 2.0

A cover system would be nice IMO.I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with "keeping the games current pace".

Also before someone pulls out the "ninja argument", yes I agree we are ninjas.Note: NINJAS=/=Sonic the Hedgehog or The Flash.

Ninjas used to use brains, stealth and tactics to outmaneuver and defeat their opponents not ridiculous speeds.

Right now we might as well have Sonic's theme playing in the background when every mission starts especially since rushing is a giant issue.

I would absolutely love it if this game slowed down a bit and made using tactics and stealth better than running around at FTL speeds.

We're not Sonic the Hedgehog. We're more like Big the Cat at the moment.

You already have cover, remember the H key or wherever you bound shoulder switching is your friend. You can crouch in and out from behind low cover, move between doorways etc. Everything that counts as cover in my book is already in game.

As for sticky cover systems, they turn TPP games into whack-a-mole sessions, so no thanks. Of course you could argue for just an optional sticky cover key, but considering that Warframe does actually punish you for staying in one place for too long during firefights by spawning flanking assault squads, its a waste of time IMO. And yes, the mentioned behind-your-back spawning situation is okay by my book.

You can use cover to some extent. You can crouch behind some obstacles and shoot over them, even though it looks like you shouldn't be able to. This includes mainly the fences in corpus and orokin missions. It doesn't have its own animation, but it certainly works.

Tip: On Void defence you can crouch behind one of the fences around the pod and shoot over it. 

Tip2: When you crouch, open chat, and then close it again... you'll stay crouched. That is for people who dont like toggle crouch (since its for sliding too)

Also, don't tell DE about Tip2 in case it's a bug, I wouldn't like them to "fix" it :D

There you have it, you can make your own cover system. All it takes is to use angles and learn over what you can crouch shoot,

Edited by LocoWithGun