Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About cryotic...

nicolajtheking2

Now we all know that cryotic can be gained from excavation missions, but what about all the others? ok... now hear me out, what if we could get it another way? by like saying...we could...i dunno, get it from oter tileset's that are FROZEN ANYWAY (sorry)

Let's take venus as an example it's frozen: no cryoitc. (excluding excavation missions)

Now let's set our look on mars: large amounts of cryotic in a FEKING DESERT. (including excavation missions)

Do you see the problem? Now what if i were to propose that cryotic be made a 'normal' resource that can be acquired from frozen tileset's? would this be acceptable?

The main reason i ask this, is simply because getting cryotic is a pain in the a*s to get (in reasonable quantities) because you can only (as of this post) get it from excavation missions, and as more weapons and other things are added, then more and more of it is going to need sagnificantly more cryotic than the next, and i simply want to be able to get it in a timely fashion as to compensate for it.

These are just one mans thoughts, i would like to hear other oppinions on the matter.

Edited by nicolajtheking2

getting 30k cryotic for sibear took me weeks without farming liek a mniac and still did a hour or a few per day and it is indeed a pain its such a cold experience. Even wit ha booster its a pain and with a kavat buff its still not that good as kavats arent reliable, so best time to farm this and get good cyotic is in double resource weekend+booster+kavat but that wont happen in like 5 years.

back to the topic, yes cryotic should be something that is found in other missions outside of excavation, cetus bounty has cryotic in rotation but you need to beg rng to give you that 200 cryotic and its not good. A better way for cryotic to be obtained would be missions on cold planets as the op said and the drop rate something similar to oxium.

1 minute ago, Lazarow said:

A better way for cryotic to be obtained would be missions on cold planets as the op said and the drop rate something similar to oxium.

Yes excatly! like it could drop from a new enemy type like a new kind of osprey that drops maybe 80-200 cryotic.

6 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

getting 30k cryotic for sibear took me weeks without farming liek a mniac and still did a hour or a few per day and it is indeed a pain its such a cold experience. Even wit ha booster its a pain and with a kavat buff its still not that good as kavats arent reliable, so best time to farm this and get good cyotic is in double resource weekend+booster+kavat but that wont happen in like 5 years.

back to the topic, yes cryotic should be something that is found in other missions outside of excavation, cetus bounty has cryotic in rotation but you need to beg rng to give you that 200 cryotic and its not good. A better way for cryotic to be obtained would be missions on cold planets as the op said and the drop rate something similar to oxium.

The 30k for sibear is rediculous. Whoever made that requirement hasn't ever played Warframe.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

The 30k for sibear is rediculous. Whoever made that requirement hasn't ever played Warframe.

I kinda like super high resource costs on certain things, makes it worthwhile to make (even though the weapon is crap). Vauban and Trinity Prime come to mind in terms of frames with a crafting cost that makes them memorable.

You also need 20k of the stuff for the Freezing Ephemera.

After those two items, cryotic tends to just stockpile. I have 59k at the moment with nothing to spend it on.

Edited by Bioness

2 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

i feel like you're missing the point...

Fine, I don't think cryotic needs to be changed. It's not super hard to farm and you can even do it while farming other resources as well such as void relics. 

Yes ! We need more ways to get Cryotics !

I have plenty of items i need to craft requiring Pyrotic alloy, and i'm crying... Seriously 20 pyrotic alloy for 200 Cryotic and 20 Pyrol (and 50 Rubedo) ? 😕 there's like a proportion problem here....

A  20 Pyrol / 50 or even 100 cryotic / 50 rubedo would feel a bit less grindy....

Some items requires up to 200 pyrotic... that's 2000 cryotics x_x  Which means 20 successful excavations.... And that's quite boring....

Edited by Xolotl

13 hours ago, ZeroMR said:

It's actually the other way around. sibear came out when excavation was the most played game mode. People were swimming in cryotic so a resource sink was created.

That kind of makes sense....although sinks are usually desirable beyond a little exp.

Edited by (XB1)D00M INCARNATE

On 2019-07-17 at 12:19 PM, Acebaur said:

Just because Mars looks like a desert doesn't mean it's hot. The average temperature on Mars is -80 degrees Fahrenheit. So, yeah it's pretty damn cold even during the the day. 

That's current day Mars, not Orokin-era Mars.

Remember that current day Mars is incredibly high temperature due to the atmosphere, but in Warframe it's an icy wasteland.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-07-21 at 2:36 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

That's current day Mars, not Orokin-era Mars.

Remember that current day Mars is incredibly high temperature due to the atmosphere, but in Warframe it's an icy wasteland.

Huh? Current day Mars is an icy wasteland. Mars hasn't been warm in nearly 3.5 billion years. So unless the orokin existed then, then Mars is and always has been icy cold. Making it logical that cryotic is found there. 

On 2019-07-16 at 6:31 PM, Lazarow said:

Even wit ha booster its a pain and with a kavat buff its still not that good as kavats arent reliable

It's really not hard at all with boosters and smeeta.

If there's at least one other player in the mission, you can get 10k cryotic in 40min~50min (with booster and smeeta) in Hieracon.

On 2019-07-26 at 11:25 AM, Acebaur said:

Huh? Current day Mars is an icy wasteland. Mars hasn't been warm in nearly 3.5 billion years. So unless the orokin existed then, then Mars is and always has been icy cold. Making it logical that cryotic is found there. 

I meant Venus. Must've not had enough coffee.

The point is, Orokin-era Mars is a desert climate. Venus is the frozen wasteland. Have you not been to the Orb Vallis? Have you not seen the Mars tilesets?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-07-30 at 3:25 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

I meant Venus. Must've not had enough coffee.

The point is, Orokin-era Mars is a desert climate. Venus is the frozen wasteland. Have you not been to the Orb Vallis? Have you not seen the Mars tilesets?

I have been to orb vallis, It is nonsensical lol. Something about climate changers or some such but still doesn't make sense 

Yes I have seen the Mars tilesets. They look exactly like what real Mars looks like. A red dusty desert. But the temperature on Mars is 80 degrees below zero on average. There is also actual ice on Mars. So it stands to reason that the made up element of cryotic is plentiful on a planet that is that cold 

On 2019-08-07 at 7:57 AM, Acebaur said:

I have been to orb vallis, It is nonsensical lol. Something about climate changers or some such but still doesn't make sense 

Yes I have seen the Mars tilesets. They look exactly like what real Mars looks like. A red dusty desert. But the temperature on Mars is 80 degrees below zero on average. There is also actual ice on Mars. So it stands to reason that the made up element of cryotic is plentiful on a planet that is that cold 

The Orokin era version of our solar system is thousands of years in the future, and the Orokin used a lot of fancy terraforming tech to change things up. No other planet in our system has a breathable atmosphere, yet there seems to be no problem with breathing or gravity on any of the tilesets that are open to the sky, including on Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune. You can see Mars now as being a bright and sunny desert landscape.

Just accept that nothing you know about the planets of *our* solar system applies to Warframe.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Honestly, cryotic is one of those resources you dedicate a week to farm to never farm again, there aren't that many gears that require cryotic.

After sibear I don't recall when I had farm cryotic... oh wait, I deleted it for the slot, guess imma have to get 30k cryotic again....

Jokes aside (I actually deleted it), only sibear is that one gear the requires a lot of cryotic, leave it for later, I currently have 20k cryotic and I don't even run excavations anymore, except sorties/arbitrations, although I think mobs in orb valis should drop it.

Edited by ZarTham

On 2019-08-11 at 4:27 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

The Orokin era version of our solar system is thousands of years in the future, and the Orokin used a lot of fancy terraforming tech to change things up. No other planet in our system has a breathable atmosphere, yet there seems to be no problem with breathing or gravity on any of the tilesets that are open to the sky, including on Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune. You can see Mars now as being a bright and sunny desert landscape.

Just accept that nothing you know about the planets of *our* solar system applies to Warframe.

That's fine as long as you accept that  a bright sunny desert looking planet can actually be well below freezing. Which is what my point is.