Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Much as I appreciate being forced to finish the silver grove quest...

Eh, I did it. I don't have Growing Power still, not that I'm likely to use it, so I figured this was a good excuse to try and get it.

Didn't get it. Least I got Nightwave standing.

Nightfall Apothic is less painful to farm for, but you gotta wait on Earth day/night cycles.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I'm just straight up not completing that nightwave bounty.  I don't mind going a little out of my way to complete some of them.  But this?  No.  It's almost as bad as asking me to guild a weapon again.  Thank gods that's gone for good.

Don't dare equate having to guild a weapon as the same as just casually strolling through a low level mission with your codex/synthesis scanner to pick some weeds in your free time

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Eh, I did it. I don't have Growing Power still, not that I'm likely to use it, so I figured this was a good excuse to try and get it.

Didn't get it. Least I got Nightwave standing.

Nightfall Apothic is less painful to farm for, but you gotta wait on Earth day/night cycles.

This, I needed the mods from the spectres anyway, so 2 birds, one stone as they say.

Remember kids, grind smart.

2 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

I personally preferred gilding weapons over this, significantly less time to do so.

You're a very weird person. I, for one, hated the fact that I had to grind my butt off just so I can be able to buy more parts for a zaw/kitgun/moa/k-drive that I never intended on having to begin with just so I can get a little bit of standing

• Like 2

Moss is the worst, but at least they lowered the amount needed, used to be 25 I think. Make sure you have double scan chance upgrade, you should be able to get around 12 scans a mission once you learn the places the moss likes to hide. They do hilite if you look through the scanner...

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Can you maybe make animal instinct or something highlight this stuff? I'm averaging like one vestan moss a run...  And having to create three of these things isn't my idea of fun when they're invisible unless you've spent a lot of time running a helios..

protip: Vestan Moss only spawns on rock surfaces and usually in the corners. many rooms, such as the curved room with the Trams, have 2 spots where Vestan Moss can be found.

but yeah, plant farming is super tedious. would be nice if we could grow the plants ourselves in the dojo. then DE can make as much plant-based stuff as they like.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You're a very weird person. I, for one, hated the fact that I had to grind my butt off just so I can be able to buy more parts for a zaw/kitgun/moa/k-drive that I never intended on having to begin with just so I can get a little bit of standing

Mote Amp works for the rewards, it's cheap, and ESO maxes it out in a short time frame, then you can sell it back for a partial refund on standing. Less time+effort required compared to scanning silly plants to craft an item, find a group to share, to kill a target that isn't going to drop anything I need either.

Edited by Yamazuki

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Can you maybe make animal instinct or something highlight this stuff? I'm averaging like one vestan moss a run...  And having to create three of these things isn't my idea of fun when they're invisible unless you've spent a lot of time running a helios..

You can complete it with friends. As long as your within afinity range when someone in your group places the apathic, you get credit for the kill. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Ah, the pleasure of being a quest completionist and a frame collector. Did this quest ages ago, so if I was to farm from scratch, Twilight Apothics seem to be the easiest and quickest. Luckily, I had 16 on hand.

Also, I think tagging along with someone doing it does the trick as well. I dunno, I do most things solo.

11 minutes ago, Etharien said:

I just did a run with myself as host, i got credit for all 3 but the other 3 players didn't. Not sure if it's intended or a bug, as they only got credit for 1.

4 in a group, all in the grove. 3 of us dropped an apathic each. We all got credit for each kill. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

can I use the same shrine more than one time?

Yes.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Well I bumped into the stalker doing this. Another day another dread.... If I complete three of these things before going to the mission can I use the same shrine more than one time?

Actually yes you can, so long that you (and/or your team mates as well) have the apothics for it, you can do more than one in the same mission back-to-back. I found this out yesterday with DK yesterday when I helped him out a bit with his NW

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Ok the technical issue with Vestin moss and it is a technical issue is that they are a 2D texture not a 3D object like the rest of the things you're scanning for. Unfortunately because of the way that occlusion works when you view them from below the game doesn't render them properly since you can't "see" the surface that's pointed away from you.

So the trick to it is that you need to get really high and use the scanner pointing downward so the game actually bothers rendering/interacting with them correctly. 

I probably butchered all that buuuuut that's the explanation I've been able to cobble together for that accursed stuff. Once you know you can only view it from above tho it's actually pretty plentiful.  

18 minutes ago, Etharien said:

I just did a run with myself as host, i got credit for all 3 but the other 3 players didn't. Not sure if it's intended or a bug, as they only got credit for 1.

I was in this run. I got 1/3.

No ones forcing you to do nightwave. i dont do any of it unless it goes with what im doing or if i have free time from other things im trying to do. ive accidentally gotten some of that sh!t done without realizing till nora comes in and does her thing.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

We interrupt your regular scheduled Warframe for several missions of flower-picking.

I get the concept of what DE was going for...but its just so...boring.

Meh, just bullet jump your way through it.  Oh right, you'll jump right past it and not see them.

*shrugs* can't please everyone.