Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Much as I appreciate being forced to finish the silver grove quest...

2 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Don't dare equate having to guild a weapon as the same as just casually strolling through a low level mission with your codex/synthesis scanner to pick some weeds in your free time

Both require me to go pick up world resources and both are relatively brain dead to do.  Sorry if that some how hit a nerve.  my point was and still is both are annoying and tidious to do.  But i'd rather guild a weapon that I might use than be forced to replay dated and ill structured content.

4 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Don't dare equate having to guild a weapon as the same as just casually strolling through a low level mission with your codex/synthesis scanner to pick some weeds in your free time

Was onboard with you until the very end...

We don't have Free Time.... 😞

4 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Mote Amp works for the rewards, it's cheap, and ESO maxes it out in a short time frame, then you can sell it back for a partial refund on standing

Call me crazy but sounds like you were leeching...

Was going for this mission, but on second specter kill did not count even thought I was playing solo and made sure I was not using wukong with twin or any sentinel/pet that could get kill.

Cant be bothered to start farming plants again since you do not really need to do every mission.

Ah the warframe community in a nutshell. We complain that DE adds too many systems with no reason to go back to. So they add a system focused on going back to these smaller forgotten systems and be rewarded for them. And what do we do?

We complain. We don't want to be forced to do these smaller systems we want to sit in our little META rutt and do the same thing over again. If we the players had come up with the night way challenges they would all be "do 10 waves of hydron" "do 8 rounds of ESO" "do a sortie" and "complain on the forums" since that's the only thing we seem to want to do 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Ah the warframe community in a nutshell. We complain that DE adds too many systems with no reason to go back to. So they add a system focused on going back to these smaller forgotten systems and be rewarded for them. And what do we do?

We complain. We don't want to be forced to do these smaller systems we want to sit in our little META rutt and do the same thing over again. If we the players had come up with the night way challenges they would all be "do 10 waves of hydron" "do 8 rounds of ESO" "do a sortie" and "complain on the forums" since that's the only thing we seem to want to do 

You are missing the point. People are (mostly) against this because if you do not happen to have already scanned most of the ingredients, it is huge task to start from scratch to build apoths. Specially if you compare this to other nw missions that grant same amount of points.

And yet again, the core problem is that it is not clear to people how many missions they can just skip completely and still rank to highest tier in nw.

Maybe we'll finally get that Helios Augment from Simaris that has it scan native plants. Available after you have completed The Silver Grove of course, wouldn't want anyone to miss out on all the initial floral hide and seek~

2 minutes ago, ...BlackSoul... said:

You are missing the point. People are (mostly) against this because if you do not happen to have already scanned most of the ingredients, it is huge task to start from scratch to build apoths. Specially if you compare this to other nw missions that grant same amount of points.

And yet again, the core problem is that it is not clear to people how many missions they can just skip completely and still rank to highest tier in nw.

I had no left over plants and had to go out and scan ones to make the 3 apothics. Took me 40 minutes to get 3 apothics and kill 3 specters it's not hard. Huge task is a huge exaggeration. 

Just FYI ..as I found out after I did the quest...just stand still and scan map in a circle with codex scanner...it will highlight any and all scannable items through walls and such...making things extremely easy to find..  😄

5 hours ago, Bioness said:

I'm likely in the minority here, but I passively scan plants when I play missions. So when this Nightwave challenge appeared (as it did last time) I had 20+ of each apothic ready to use.

This.

I never actively go in mission with the intent to scan plants.  I do so in the middle of other missions when I happen to run into them. That only takes likes 2 seconds.  In missions where we're not going anywhere for awhile (i.e. excavation, survival) you might as well scan them, you can't speed up those mission progressions since they're locked on a slow-moving timer/counter. Might as well make the best of it and get extra resources out of them. I always knew these plants would be used again in the future so I never stopped scanning them. (resource booster works on these scans too btw)

Also, how common is it to wait 30-60 seconds at extraction for that one slow player?  For me it's like 90% of the time.  And there are several extraction rooms that have plants within arms reach or literally in plain sight. So instead of going AFK waiting for that player, scan the plants nearby, it's not like you're going anywhere soon. In the long run, you'll end up with hundreds of plants.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Okay. Now I'm legit pissed. I killed three and it only gave me credit for two so now I have to start all the eff over on grinding components for a fourth one.

Why didn't you hop in recruiting and build a squad? If you got a full squad you could each have tossed out one apothic, and still have had an extra spectre. 

Right now you're going to find lots of players looking for a group to do it with who are willing to pitch in. 

I mean come on. The game is squad based for a reason. 

I'm another one who scans as I go in most missions.  Takes virtually no time to do and you quickly learn the best places to look.  As such I always have plenty in reserve.  This challenge came up last nw so it was a pretty safe bet it would come up again.  But then I'm not one of the "gotta go as fast possible to extraction and ignore everything else" players.  Meaning I've always got plenty of every resource and never have to actually farm anything.  Being efficient doesn't always mean bullet jumping to the end.

8 hours ago, Oreades said:

Maybe we'll finally get that Helios Augment from Simaris that has it scan native plants. Available after you have completed The Silver Grove of course, wouldn't want anyone to miss out on all the initial floral hide and seek~

Was just about to suggest this, seems like a good way to help out players. After wall we have a sentinel that helps with fishing, so why not scanning plants, especially when Helios already is the one for scanning.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Can you maybe make animal instinct or something highlight this stuff?

We got a pet that finds fishing hot spots now, we should have one that finds planets (and hopefully picks it).

8 hours ago, ...BlackSoul... said:

You are missing the point. People are (mostly) against this because if you do not happen to have already scanned most of the ingredients, it is huge task to start from scratch to build apoths.

Making a complaint post takes more time than asking poliely in Recruiting chat tab, and still people prefer the former. I was carried this time, but I carried people last Nightwave - all it took me was pressing T, switching to Recruit and typing just a few words. NW is not hard in any shape or form. Hell, even NW1 was piss easy, and NW2 has even less grind than NW1 had

20 minutes ago, vomder said:

Was just about to suggest this, seems like a good way to help out players. After wall we have a sentinel that helps with fishing, so why not scanning plants, especially when Helios already is the one for scanning.

I'd prefer such an augment to go to Oxylus (the conservation sentinel that helps with fishing), since Helios is overused as is.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I'm just straight up not completing that nightwave bounty.  I don't mind going a little out of my way to complete some of them.  But this?  No.  It's almost as bad as asking me to guild a weapon again.  Thank gods that's gone for good.

what is exactly your problem? look for silver grove squad, buddy up, get the cash, and if you really want to, do the quest at your leisure, whenever. you literally dont lose anything, there is no spoilers either. 

14 часов назад, Hawk_of_the_Reborn сказал:

You people are nuts.

To gild a weapon all you need is some literal scraps that are leftovers from fortuna or poe farm, and then hitting ESO exactly 2 times for about 4 rounds total. Total time spent if you played poe or fortuna at all = 10 minutes.

Now those freaking weeds require you to 1 hit wiki to see WHAT you need to gather 2 search the wiki for info on planets it grows on 3 search specific missions where it grows 4 wait for a specific day/night cycle 5 farm like a slave you are

Yeeeeah no, I would gild 3 weapons instead of all of this boring bs.

Edited by -Temp0-

I'd rather farm plants than have to gild items, personally. Since you're capped on how much standing you can get per day, and it costs standing to buy the parts for the modular gear, that delays my progress in leveling up my rank with whatever the faction is. With farming, I just take a quick look at the wiki to find what tileset I need, find an exterminate mission, set to solo and go farm. It took me very little time to get the plants needed to finish the apothics back when I did Silver Grove, and I still make effort to scan plants so that I can keep challenging the spectres. I can see how looking for plants might be boring and/or tedious if you like speedrunning through missions, but as I play at a slightly slower pace it's never been an issue for me.

5 минут назад, Sentinel-14 сказал:

Since you're capped on how much standing you can get per day, and it costs standing to buy the parts

Your standing cap even at mr 10 is 10k, while you only need about 2 to 3k to build and gild. So yeah doesnt sound convincing. On top of being able to literally earn fortuna standingh with credits.

Edited by -Temp0-

8 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Your standing cap even at mr 10 is 10k, while you only need about 2 to 3k to build and gild. So yeah doesnt sound convincing. On top of being able to literally earn fortuna standingh with credits.

I'm not trying to argue your disdain for farming or convince you it's better than gilding. If you dont like it, you dont like it and that's perfectly fine. I'm just presenting the other side of the coin and explaining why I prefer farming over gilding.