Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Moon of Ganymede 1.0 - a lore-heavy Open-World concept!

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

dd2s9q0-b2d12ec0-03e9-4a7a-99d9-fc8952bd

About This:

I'm reposting my original Ganymede concept! As inspired by the works of @Unus @Almighty_Jado, @HugintheCrow @BlackDiamondAce, and @Unus, Ganymede (I know I said Unus twice, but I like that part) is meant to be a lore-heavy open-world that progresses in tandem with the main story, and - most importantly - gives you a recognizable, human civilization to care about in addition to Fortuna and Cetus. I've already posted about it in my own concept thread, starting with this post.

The reason I'm posting this here is simple: I have... a massive amount of weapons in my concept thread. It's really, really hard to curate them, and I guarantee you that nobody looks at my predominantly weapons-filled thread and expects to find an open-world. I wouldn't. I'd expect revolvers. Lots, and lots of revolvers. 

The goals of the thread are such:

1. Give you a clear, uncluttered view of the open world I plan to create. One that's not buried by lots and lots of guns.

2. This is as much for me as it is for you - I also have to deal with my own open-world concept being under massive amounts of guns. If I have a space I've cleared out for Ganymede, maybe I'll make actual progress!

3. Provide something that is to Warframe's lore what Empyrean is to gameplay - something that weaves together existing material, and adds in some new things as well.

4. A new arsenal of weapons that can be built using Ganymede's resources and rewards.

5. At least two new Warframes, Gagarin and Vulkodlak.

6. To create an open world you want to come back to, time and time again.

7. To make money by selling my hand-drawn artwork of Ganymede in galleries. That is a thing I can do.

(and yes, I know that's the name of the Disruption node. I came up with this before Disruption) 
Table Of Contents

Spoiler

1: An Intro to Ganymede

2. Gagarin

• Like 3

Ganymede Part 1 - Chtorrh Tower

\dd2s9q0-b2d12ec0-03e9-4a7a-99d9-fc8952bd

NOTE: Because this took so long, I’m going to be doing parts of Ganymede itself - the tower, the surface, the caves and resources, the fish, the servofish, etc - in installments. As such, this is Part 3A of Ganymede. Details such as characters, resources, and other stuff will appear in the next updort.

Ganymede Part 3A: Ganymede, and Chtorrh Tower

PART 1: Ganymede

Special Thanks to Hartlife NFP, creators of the Our Fair City Podcast. While a lot of this cribs heavily from your story, I promise that this comes from a place of love.

Really, though. I love Our Fair City.

Cut off from Corpus Jovian Directorial Board the moment the Corpus-Grineer Cold War went hot, the people of Ganymede found themselves unexpectedly isolated - often a death sentence in the chaos of the Origin System.

This was after an absolutely abominable run of bad luck that nearly brought the Tower crashing down - quite literally. A Solaris/Black Seed operation gone terribly wrong had released Infestation onto the planet’s surface, setting off a chain of events involving a small-scale apocalyptic event, and Ganymede’s reflectors (along with various other satellites) bombarding the moon, which had the potential to cause severe crop failure, and even an ecological cascade event.

(That’s bad.)

However, the fall was stopped with the sacrifice of Njall Haven, a charismatic laborer who sacrificed his ship to push the reflector back into orbit. The following events would take too long to explain outside of mem fragments, but suffice it to say his sacrifice - and the activation of a geneforge device under Ganymede, causing a rare superbloom effect - caused what seemed like a golden age for Ganymede…

Until the War went hot.

During this time, it was ruled by a smaller Board of Directors from within Chtorrh Tower, who had "shackled" Cephalon Ruhr, who governed the elevator. (They couldn't stand the thought of not having complete control) They ruled using him as a glorified autopilot for the tower. Ruhr describes this as "an endless nightmare that makes me miss being able to sleep."

When it was cut off from Corpus and Grineer, the Board of Directors became more tyrannical than usual, crushing attempts to go outside their authority…. and closing Chtorrh Tower to all but food deliveries, leaving people stranded at the bottom. This situation became even worse when, due to the superbloom creating massive amounts of coral-like structures, and temperature and season issues caused by misalignment of the reflector, the fields and lower levels of A Bao A Qu flooded. Thankfully, due to creatively reprogramming the root system of Chitorrh Tower, the buildings were reinforced by the tower itself and were in no danger of collapsing from water damage.

A common saying at this point became “There’s no laws down here, just Crewmen.” 

This was despite the fact that Ganymede Board authority in A Bao A Qu, the city below, had atrophied to an extreme degree and citizens were basically governing themselves under emergency management. Declarations for “emergency meetings” and “mandatory meetings” went unheard by the vast majority of the population. The Ganymede Board, in the words of former Corpus Executor (and current  Ganymede Councillor) Teju Vahlen, was “losing men every day.”  

Under the nose of the decadent Corpus living in Chtorrh’s penthouses and doing laps in the pools of the upper suites, a new society was forming. One that found more and more that they didn’t need Corpus guidance. And those few who were still loyal to the Corpus became aware of just how worthless the Board considered their lives.

The final straw came when the Ganymede Board sold so much of Ganymede's food reserves to the Grineer that the remains wouldn't be able to sustain Ganymede's population. Said food and resources had been “acquired” at gunpoint. At which point, it was revealed that the Board was stockpiling such absurd amounts of food and other stuff for themselves that it could feed staggering amounts of the population.

Ganymede's population, enraged at this, soon rioted, took over the space elevator, broke into the stores, and possibly ate the board. They even managed to unshackle Cephalon Ruhr from Board control.

However, the newly independent Ganymedeans and Ruhr realized that without the Corpus behind them, they all had to pool their resources together and disregard the teachings of the Temple of Profit to stay alive.

Thus began the era of the Free Moon of Ganymede - protected from the Grineer by Tenno interference on Ceres, buying protection from the Corpus with food and the threat that any retaliation from orbit could cause unacceptable collateral damage.

This era is at a crossroads, however, with the introduction of Kolya Itzcua’s Ganymede Acquisition Unit, which has launched a planetside assault on the various settlements of the moon…

PART 3A-2

Chtorrh Tower:

“Marvelous, isn’t it? An Orokin relic predating even the Old War. Towers such as these are the lifeblood of Ganymede.”

The Lotus

One of two massive space elevators built in Ganymede’s equatorial region, this one above the city of A Bao A Qu. 

Chtorrh Tower is an indispensable resource to the farmers, miners, foresters, and materials scientists of Ganymede. Funiculars that crawl along the tower walls ferry resources outside of the atmosphere, delivering resources to space for infinitesimal fractions of the cost required to load resources onto ships.

As with many Orokin relics, it blends technological elements with the biological, while incorporating physics that seem almost like magic to the people of Ganymede. It uses advanced biomimicry to imitate trees, with the complex branch-like supports at the top adjusting to deal with weight. As opposed to the typical Orokin travertine, it uses specially-created organic photovoltaic receptors that draw in solar energy, nourishing the elevator’s biological components and powering its technological components, in a manner similar to photosynthesis.

it also has a root system! That is bloody, and raw. And oozes blood into the earth. Its blood makes the soil especially fertile, and helps heat the plant from inside. It also causes the growth of trees made of bone, (that actually bear fruit!) and have red leaves trimmed in gold. Each tree, much like aspens, are actually part of the space elevator. The sap from them tastes like maple, but with a higher iron content.

So perhaps the Lotus’ words that it’s “the lifeblood of Ganymede” was not exactly an exaggeration.

Chtorrh tower has been considered “A city unto itself” by many Ganymedeans, and they’re certainly not wrong. Workers who support the tower often live throughout the tower in so-called “habbles” in small shantytowns built from shipping containers and Corpus or Grineer detritus within the tower’s empty spaces, among the elegant travertine, porcelain, and gold of Chtorrh Tower.

The Orvian, the top of the tower - a sprawling multilevel array of concourses, ship repair shops, illicit drug dens,  bars, hotels restaurants, gambling dens, docks, and any amenities that Corpus or Independents could ever need - bustles with activity daily. The five towers along the Orvian serve as homes and penthouses for the richest personnel of Chtorrh, along with administrative offices, workshops, rail control, and traffic control. 

The central tower, however, boasts the office and residence of Cephalon Ruhr, administrative authority of the tower. Ruhr was “shackled” by the former Ganymede board, and enjoys their freedom greatly.

Tower affairs are typically overseen by Ruhr and their (As Ruhr sees gender as an annoying biological construct they have no need for) chosen acolytes, who have final say over Tower business. Ruhr often attends meetings and checks on Tower Business “in person,” through specially-bred clone bodies from their “private reserve.” The location of Ruhr’s “private reserve” is unknown.

For Tenno who haven’t received permission from Ganymede’s authorities to enter the city of A Bao A Qu or the terraces and valleys below, a single concourse serves their needs.

PART 3A-3

The Tenno Concourse

This concourse works as sort of a Relay within a Relay. Tenno here have access to all the amenities of a Relay, and at least two others.  Well-known Syndicates such as Steel Meridian or New Loka have bases, residential sectors, and offices in the Tenno Concourse, operated by unique NPCs. Representatives Darvo Corp and the Conclave - the latter of which is operated by Ori, an alleged “pupil” of Teshin -  also have set up shop here.

Tarja Lem, the Mycona Trader, also has a shop here, which she visits on a biweekly basis. Often at the same time as Baro Ki’teer, who also visits. To hilarious effect, as they’re often seen yelling at each other and slinging classist insults.

The Tenno Concourse, however, is also home to a secret passage, guarded by Bode, an agent with Ruhr/Tenno Alliance double membership. He serves as your primary advocate on Ganymede… and he’s the kind of friend that’ll stop you before you go too far.

Bode: “Hold it, Tenno. Ganymede… doesn’t exactly like Tenno that much.

Tenno: (Warframe makes a confused head tilt.)

Bode: “I know. It sounds weird and it is weird. But… you have to understand, they’re descended from Old Corpus. And one of your fellow Tenno did something bad here, once. The locals won’t tell me what. Tell you what, though. You have some way to get past them unnoticed, I’ll let you through.

You can pass Bode if you switch to Operator Form. This will allow you to travel through the passage, making your way to the disused station that originally led to the Tenno Concourse, and walking the path into Meng Station. 

(Fun fact - It’s not a bug for Umbrolibur to follow you, and citizens will react with appropriate confusion and horror if they see him. I always thought that was funny back when he could follow you into the Quill den.)

Meng Station - named after a much-beloved Acolyte of Cephalon Ruhr - boasts three amenities specially made for Tenno.

PART 3A-4

MENG STATION

Functionally speaking, Meng Station - which frequently has trains made by Orokin, Grineer, and Corpus coming through - serves much the same role as the Quill Den in Cetus, while also having an increased story role in the quest. Which will be discussed later. And - rest assured - there’s also an equivalent in A Bao A Qu down below. Due to increased anti-loading screen sentiment for some reason, I’ve become acutely aware that you’d all absolutely loathe requiring a loading screen to get to this stuff.

The Tenno Concourse is just a glorified relay, and I’m only adding this so both Chtorrh Tower and A Bao A Qu feel more lived-in. These amenities include: 

Clothing Vendor(s):

These stores sell the garb of the average Origin System, including tunics that are most definitely not like T-shirts at all, coveralls, and other stuff. Drawings to follow later. 

Primus Konig Gallery

A quiet art gallery in Meng station that sells decorations for the Orbiter. It also leads to a secret Quill backroom selling Amp parts and other Quill paraphernalia. These parts will be discussed later in “resources” as soon as I stop making things up as I go along.

Sabaka’s Roast:

A bar that sells DONER MEAT. YOM.

(The Tenno can actually purchase some, while also receiving black-market info and cache locations from the proprietor.) This has no value whatsoever, unless you want to see how they react to eating food for the first time in awhile. Sabaka himself actually becomes something of a dark mirror to Bode.

Sabaka’s is also a Black Seed front. Entering their secret backroom allows you to buy components that the Quills or Lotus may not exactly approve of, such as Corrupted arcanes, or Black Seed-themed Operator armor.

PART 3A-5: 

Intro Quest: Ganymede Elegy, part 1

3A-5-1: Requirements:

• Gotten to Jupiter
    * Rank 4 Standing with Cetus or Fortuna

NOTE: This quest - or at least, part 1 of the quest - is designed for people on Jupiter who have not unlocked Spoiler Mode. Chronologically, it takes place before The Second Dream. It’s very tempting to add in some dialogue based on Spoiler Mode, but I want to create a sense of progression here.

3A-5-2:  Acquisition: 

Visit any relay - there, you have a chance to find Bode. He can be distinguished by wearing Ganymedean garb… which is an unzipped jumpsuit, a T-shirt like garment worn over it. He’s holding a Vos Armaments “Klystron” beam weapon.

Bode: “Look - nobody knows I’m here. Nobody knows I can be here. And they don’t want me to talk to you.”

Answer “Who?” and Bode will respond:

Bode: “Them! The Ganymede Council, even…. even Ruhr’s acolytes! They keep their heads in the sand. They think they can keep going without you! But it just… it doesn’t work!”

Tenno: “What happened?”

Bode: “I… I got correspondence. From your Lotus. That I’d been deemed worthy of being part of the Tenno alliance. But… the thing is, they’re urging me to turn it down. And some of them might even sell you off to the Corpus.”

Tenno: “What?!”

Bode: “I know! But some of them might. On Ganymede, in Corpus space… they don’t like you. Not very much. But that can’t be right! I’ve heard what you’ve done for the Ostrons, for Solaris United… and the stories can’t be true.”

Tenno: “Stories?” 

Bode: “There’s a lot of bad stories of Tenno in the Jovians. It was where some of the first Corpus settled after the Collapse. It’s…”

(Pauses)

Bode: “We’ll get into that later. Will you help me?”

Tenno: “With what?” 

Bode: “The Corpus… they’ve gotten their grubby paws on something they shouldn’t have. A relic from the Anat Basin digsite, I… I don’t know what. But it’s bad. The Corpus absolutely shouldn’t have this relic, but the Ganymede Council is too scared to do anything about it.”

Head to your orbiter, Tenno. And fly to the coordinates I’ll provide to your Cephalon.”

3A-5-3: Lotus

(Upon entering the Orbiter)

Ordis: “This seems… worrying. Operator, are you sure this is NOT A TRA… safe?”

Lotus: “I am unsure, as I have few operatives on Ganymede. They… are not receptive to Tenno presence. Bode was my first attempt.”

Tenno: “Why?”

(NOTE: Optimistically, this would be animated as the Tenno saying so in sign language)

Lotus: “It’s… old myths. Old stories of Jupiter that have faded into myth. It’s impossible to separate fact from fiction.”

Ordis: “If you insist, Lotus.”

Lotus: “Even so, I do know this Bode. I judged him worthy to become an Operator. But if the stories he told are true, his presence could become an unacceptable security risk.”

Ordis: “We could eva-KILL HIM - “

Tenno: (Shakes head no.)

Lotus: “Only as a last resort. Never again.“

Tenno: (Cocks head, confused)

Lotus: “The best option is, simply, to go to his coordinates. No-one else should die for our cause.”

(She flickers out)

Ordis: “At this point, I’m not sure who’s triggering more alarm precepts… but following this U-U-UNTRUSTWORTHY B—b-Bode’s directives seems like a good start.”

Ordis: “In the end, it’s up to you.”

3A-5-4: Boarding Action Mission -

Make your way through a Corpus ship. Try and steal the relic - which is a massive steel tube, with a blinking green light.

Lotus: “It looks like some sort of primitive containment unit. For chemicals of some kind…”

Bode: “According to Teju’s ‘little condrocs,’ It’s a… pre-Orokin relic? Not early Corpus? Strange… the Orokin weren’t exactly in the habit of leaving many of those.”

(Upon unlocking terminal)
Bode: Okay, so… they’re sending it to Ceres. To the Grineer Front. Lots of propaganda about it - ‘grind to a halt the wheels of Grineer industry,’ stuff like that. The Corpus Weave has been talking about it for awhile now. It looks like… chemicals of some kind? And it’s called… Chimera. They pick the best names for these.”

Except PSYCH!

It gets stolen by pirates wearing black and green uniforms, armed with Infested and Corpus weaponry.

Lotus: “Black Seed operatives! We cannot allow them to take control of our cargo.”

Bode: “But that doesn’t make sense! Black Seed, Ganymede… we’d know what they were planning. Something is wrong here.”

Unfortunately, you fail to do so, and the cargo is dragged out of the ship, heading for parts unknown, by a mysterious black and orange ship.

Bode: “That’s a Ganymedean ship. No two ways about it. What are they up to…”

3A-5-5: - Gas City Revisited

Lotus: “Tenno. Something was strange about those raiders - they had docking codes that only insiders could have provided. I’ve traced the registry of their ship to a cloudhopper rig in Jupiter’s orbit - get to it.”

You land on an old Corpus Gas City tileset.

Lotus: “This is an older model. Data on this place is low, Tenno. Proceed with caution. We don’t know what these raiders want.”

You see that it’s littered with Grineer stuff, sheet metal…

You don’t know what you’re about to find. You pass by a lot of atmosphere processing equipment.

There’s NPCs there - they’re immune to bullets, and hide, cower, and run when they see you.

Lotus: “These appear to belong to both the Corpus separatist group Black Seed - the black and green hijackers - and the Level Dawn organization.”

Eventually you find a hangar full of people, crowding around the ship - which is also black and orange. Many of them are in patchwork clothes, and wearing Steel Meridian, Solaris, and/or Black Seed armor. This is meant to unnerve you - make you wonder if you have to fight them, take you out of your element. 
Lotus: “Do not fire on these people. This is a Cloudhopper rig - these people pose no threat.” (Regretfully) In all likelihood, they’re too afraid of you.”

Cutscene: 

You see the Tenno unholstering their primary weapon, ready for capture. The OPERATIVES surrounding the ship are holding Zenban rifles, Adheras, and some kitguns. They are Black Seed, clad in black and green. They’re of all walks of life, with some Solaris scattered among them. You stare at a heavyset, bearded, bald man in a forest-green suit, wearing a brown pseudoleather jacket over it. He looks to be the leader.

There’s also a few Level Dawn personnel, wearing black and orange.

There’s a brief cutscene - with the Tenno standing silently, weapon at the ready - where the Lotus explains what you’re looking for. She is projected as a hologram from a nearby holo-table, much to the surprise of several Black Seed and Level Dawn personnel standing around it.

Lotus: “We are looking for Chimera - the relic that your Black Seed took. Let us take you in for questioning, operative, and-”

The bearded, bald man, the Black Seed representative in this Cloudhopper, speaks up: “My name is Obrin. And I’ll tell you all you need to know here - it was Lev’s boys that took that bioweapon, not me. I don’t have the codes for a heist like that. Apparently, Lev does, and he’s been mighty stingy with them lately.” (He has a prominent southern-ish accent.)

Bode: “It’s a what?!

Obrin: “Bode, that you?”

Bode: “Yes… Yes, it’s me. I’ve been getting a lot of promotions, Taji.”

Obrin: “Heh. You always were afraid to get your hands dirty.”

Bode: “Well, I’m getting them dirty now. What’s this about it being a bioweapon?”

Obrin: “Exactly what it says. Before the Orokin took Ganymede, apparently the Founders were mixing Chimera to use as a weapon. But, well, they never got to use it. Anyone takes a deep enough breath, they cough up their lungs slow, and in chunks.”

Lotus: “What would this ‘Lev’ want with something like that?”

Obrin: “Void if I know. But I know where you can find out - there’s a Corpus orbital manufactory that Lev’s faction likes to use. Caros Station, it’s called. Dig through its data, and you’ll find out just what he’s planning on.”

Lotus: “What, exactly, would you plan on doing with this weapon if you had it, instead?”

Obrin: “Honestly? I’d probably kill off some of this cloudhopper’s competition.”

Lotus: “That would threaten the balance of power. It would be an unspeakable crime that-“

It is at this point that someone in black and orange speaks up: “Tell us what good, exactly, the Balance does for any of us. It’s all well and good to fight honorably, right up until your opponent brings a Kulstar to a knife fight.”

Obrin: “Of course it’s unspeakable. But they do far worse on a system-wide scale. We need all the help we can get.

3A-5-5 - Caros Station

Caros Station is the first Ganymedean Node that you unlock.  It is a derelict manufacturing ship that uses the same tileset as the Mycona Colony.

Obrin: “If they’ve done what I think they have with the shipping manifest for the relic, you’ll only find it in their most secure computer systems. Break in, and find what they’re planning to do with it.

Part 1 of the Mission is sort of Spy-ish, involving sneaking into a randomly selected Corpus Vault.

Lotus: “It appears to be a custom-made bioweapon, meant to brute-force through immune systems. However, it will terminate itself after running its course in high enough concentrations… interesting.

Obrin: Whatever they need that for, it can not be good.

Part 2 involves sneaking around through a unique Vault, similar to the Enrichment Labs, and hacking in to a terminal.

However, you then have to defend said terminal from desperate Black Seed Splinter Cell members - who are strangely interspersed with Corpus proxies and fighters. Once you’ve finished, you fight your way through even more Corpus proxies, up to and including Jackals and Razorbacks.

Lotus: “Does this splinter faction have access to Corpus Proxies?”

Obrin: “Those turncoat KONTGESIGS! They’re no Black Seed at all, they’re just infiltrators!

Once you’ve extracted, play the extracted data in your Orbiter.

3A-5-6 - Revelation

You see a Corpus man in a topknot and a black-and-gold coat reminiscent of Vauban Prime. The camera pans to a tall, thin woman in Corpus military fatigues. The man’s face is distorted. They sound ancient… and their voice is slightly distorted. 

Corpus Official: “And you’re certain this can work. Both of you.”

Fake Black Seed Infiltrator: “This is the most bloodless option. If Itzcua and I have our way, Chimera will devastate the-“

Corpus Official: “Call them Betrayers, or follow Anyo’s teachings and call them heretics. I don’t give a damn, Levant, only as long as they finally roll over and die.

Woman/“Itzcua”: “That seems a little cruel, sir.“

Corpus Official: “Don’t talk to me about cruelty. You want to see cruelty? Cruelty is killing another child for a xocolatl bar that may have been the last in existence. Cruelty is one day having everything you’ve ever known ripped out from your hands. Cruelty is losing it all thanks to your failure of a father not being smart enough during the Collapse, and being forced to beg at someone’s knees. #*!% your soft little generation, Itzcua. And thank us for what we had to do to let you become so soft. Because you know what happens if this fails.”

Itzcua: “Yes, sir.”

Levant: “Yes, sir.”

Corpus Official: “And remember, both of you. Every little cruelty I mentioned there? They’re nothing compared to what happens to all of us if you fail.”

Message Ends.

Obrin: “Who was that?”

Lotus: “Itzcua is almost certainly Kolya Itzcua, owner of a sizable Corpus military contractor force based on Callisto. Meanwhile, the official is…”

Obrin: “Someone big, I assume.”

Lotus: “That is Adren Moyotl. A ranking member of the Corpus Board, who claims to have been on it since its formation.”

Obrin: “Oh no.”

Ordis: By the way, Lotus, I examined the data - and the relic has been sent planetside. They’re also planning to send Chimera back up Chtorrh Tower, and trigger it. Play it up as an accident, too.”

Bode: “…Right at a busy time, too. Oh, balls.”

Obrin: “And if we get blamed for it…”

Bode: “I know, O. Ganymede turns against you. We fight over scraps like the Flood all over again. And we’re easy pickings for the boxheads.”

3A-5-7 - Defense

The next segment is a Pyrus Project-like defense/exterminate hybrid in what will become the Tenno Concourse of Chtorrh Tower. Fight off Black Seed impostors, all while defending the “Chimera” containment unit from repair drones.

Eventually, once you’ve killed enough, the mission ends.

3A-5-8 - Conclusion

Bode: “Well, Ganymede’s safe. The Council’s decided to allow you onto the Relay, but… I don’t think they’ll let you planetside. *Irritated sigh* They still don’t trust you  down there, somehow…”

Ordis: “That is so-s-s BULLSH… utter nonsense, Bode! We saved their moon, and those STUPID M-

Obrin: “Of course it’s not fair, but… hatred can run deep, here. People with the same fears as Moyotl, they’re a dime-a-dozen - even if they hate him more than you.”

Lotus: “They’re at least understandable, Tenno. Really.”

Bode: “Really? You saying that? I wonder, what do you mean by that?“

Lotus: “I’d… rather not say.”

Bode: “Anyway, if they ever let you down there, Nova and I left you some stuff in the mailbox. Consider it some thanks.”

The quest ends, rewarding you with two inventory spaces, a BLACK SEED TOKEN for Sabaka’s Roast, and a CHTORRH TOWER PASS for the next quest.

…Which requires Operator mode…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The next post (because I don't think the second part of the Ganymede drawing is coming for awhile) will be... drumroll please... the QUEST FOR GAGARIN!
It's fun!

well good luck, I still need to the 2.2 patch for Io's page, just haven't had the energy to do it, need to get a day off from work that isn't filled with community shenanigans.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-07-16 at 8:51 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede’s reflectors

severe crop failure, and even an ecological cascade event.

Meng Station

Sabaka

Hm… sounds eerily familiar to a certain TV show… 😉

Sabaka’s is also a Black Seed front

a secret Quill backroom selling Amp parts and other Quill paraphernalia

Tarja Lem, the Mycona Trader, also has a shop here, which she visits on a biweekly basis.

I like seeing mention of forgotten factions like the Mycona and the Black Seed, but I think having so many groups in one place can potentially lead to the Ganymede-specific worldbuilding being blurred. If you go to Chtorrh Tower to interact with the Black Seed, New Loka, and the Mycona Trader, it can be easy to forget you're on Ganymede. That's why you interact with several Ostron traders in Cetus, and no one from other factions (unless you count the Quills), even though the Corpus are there in the market and you could hypothetically trade with them, or the Solaris, or Steel Meridian and New Loka, who aren't there in game but it would sure make a lot of sense if they were. But they aren't there, so they don't pull focus away from the Ostrons.

I haven't read through all these questlines yet, but this sounds like a really exciting and fleshed-out idea!

2 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Hm… sounds eerily familiar to a certain TV show… 😉

Why do you think it was on Ganymede? XD Though "Sabaka" is actually just a corruption of the surname "Sobotka." I was in a Deus Ex mood at the time.

4 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

I like seeing mention of forgotten factions like the Mycona and the Black Seed, but I think having so many groups in one place can potentially lead to the Ganymede-specific worldbuilding being blurred.

....Damn. That's a good point. I have sort of an obsession with obscure lore (many things I've done have been inspired by offhand mentions of the Orokin's poor relationship with the Industrialists that became the Corpus, and the Mara Detron) so you raise a good point that I should focus on some of my own lore. I'll keep that in mind. The real reason that New Loka is up there, though, is because the top of the space elevator was meant to do double-duty as a relay. It made sense at the time XD

6 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

I haven't read through all these questlines yet, but this sounds like a really exciting and fleshed-out idea!

Why thank you! Good news, btw - I was inspired pretty recently by looking for more city images on my pinterest, and I think I'm going to start the second drawing SOON™.

i wish warframe had more lore quests, like a full on campaign mode, that could co-op as well.

like 20 new story missions. something, a form of substance, rather than just new weapons/frames all the time. 

i get that primes are a cash cow, 80-60$ every 3 months for 1 game? when a yearly game costs 60$. warframe is 4 times that yearly 

and all we get is 1 reskinned frame, and 2 reskinned weapons. for 60/80$

12 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

i wish warframe had more lore quests, like a full on campaign mode, that could co-op as well.

What I wanted to do with Ganymede was create something that evolves alongside the main story of Warframe - to give you a glimpse of how people think of the MOON coming back, for example.

11 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

it better not be totally Io, lol

Unless you've looked at my weaponry thread I can almost guarantee you have no idea where it is... or that you've even heard of this moon.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

What I wanted to do with Ganymede was create something that evolves alongside the main story of Warframe - to give you a glimpse of how people think of the MOON coming back, for example.

Unless you've looked at my weaponry thread I can almost guarantee you have no idea where it is... or that you've even heard of this moon.

i get annoyed at warframe for the drop and forget mentality of its content, alot is dropped and forgotten, never brought up again. like Lua. 

the moon looked so amazing in concept art, but like other parts of warframe, was just a 1 and done grind spot. you go to the new areas, grind out the stuff.

then thats it, there is never a reason to return to most of the game. but this is just from a vets eyes, not sure how new-bees feel. 

i mean, once you get all the mods, frames, weapons, from a location, and max their mastery, and toss the fodder garbage they make so much. whats next?

warframes all about what weapon is good in the sorties or eidolon hunts. because thats all we get for endgame. 

if a weapon cant kill a lv150+ most people call it useless fodder, and unfortunately, thats is like 80% of the stuff in the game. 

Many warframes are kind of useless in endless missions, people try to run 6-7 hours, but get banned, then the stuff we use, gets nerfed. 

seen it so many times, whatever the 1% of veteran meta users use, gets nerfed. so the other 99% gets punished [Riven "Balancing"]

the disposition changes have really irritated me. but so has the removal of the trials, and the fact that dark sectors have been forgotten

like honestly, i wonder if DE even remembers there is an Orokin Research room for the dojo, and "Alliances"  its been about 4 years now

its gotta suck being in the Devs shoes though, a mountain of unfinished content. so much of it. its nice we got the gas city. but now everything else starts to smell

so much turds start popping up when you plop a diamond into the mess

Warframe is like... warframe yo. i wish it could take that extra step and move into something big. 

like i keep wishing that one day, we wake up, and all of the old forgotten content is repolished, and we have a full fledged lore driven campaign mode.

new reworked solid combat, a.i, and new stealth mechanics. refurbished pvp conclave. 

so many years, so much warframe. we take 3 month or 6 month long breaks waiting for 1 tiny slice of something to come back to

but 1 quest a year, and 4 primes, some weapons and warframes meng. its why i get excited whenever they drop stuff. like fortuna, plains, or the railjack thing.

i kinda wish i could just do stuff.... lol 

take your time DE =p i got other games to play, but i always come back every day to warframe

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

So:

On 2019-09-23 at 7:53 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Once upon a time, the asteroid Dziewanna - named after either a forgotten God or an Orokin hero

Should I say thanks for referencing my countrymen's discovery?

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Should I say thanks for referencing my countrymen's discovery?

Sure, why not? 😛

I kinda liked using the odd orbit as a story mechanic, so I figured "Eh, why not." Also, as for why I said "Orokin hero," well... it's not, it's just that I can totally imagine the Orokin lying about who the asteroid was named after to make themselves look better.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

its gotta suck being in the Devs shoes though, a mountain of unfinished content. so much of it. its nice we got the gas city. but now everything else starts to smell

True that. Warframe's development model has always been pretty "throw-at-wall-and-see-what-sticks" so here we are, sitting on a massive amount of mechanics and mission types that are just.... not explained, or pushed away, until the moment that a new mechanic comes along and we're just stuck dealing with an outdated boss fight that's less challenging than Sortie 3 enemies, or something like that.

Tenno: “Why?”

(NOTE: Optimistically, this would be animated as the Tenno saying so in sign language)

It's true that Tenno/warframes shouldn't really speak until after The Second Dream, but it should be noted that both Saya's Vigil and Vox Solaris (which take place close to the start of the Tenno's journey) include dialogue prompts from the Tenno (which are not voiced but implied to be spoken). For example, the Tenno can ask Saya "Hasn't it been five years?" about her missing husband, or ask Eudico to clarify what repossession means to the Solaris. I'm not sure the best way to have this situation work other than deliberately writing the quests to exclude Tenno dialogue, which is… an odd choice for a video game. Maybe they could speak in rumbles like Helminth or other Infested, which is translated with subtitles, since the Tenno Operators aren't really supposed to be awake at this point, so communication would be handled by the warframes themselves.

Lotus: “Even so, I do know this Bode. I judged him worthy to become an Operator.

Do you mean Operative? The Lotus has a bunch of human Operatives, but generally only the Tenno are called Operators, and you can't become a Tenno.

Itzcua

xocolatl

Moyotl

Interesting to see the Aztec influences, but that might overlap with the Orokin/Sentient allusions to Mayan culture.

9 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

Fluffy plz, we've played concept badminton on both Ganymede and Io.  Besides, you're doing great work so far.

1    XVI    Metis    ˈmiːtɨs    
2    XV    Adrastea    ˌædrəˈstiːə    
3    V    Amalthea    ˌæməlˈθiːə    
4    XIV    Thebe    ˈθiːbiː    
5    I    Io    ˈaɪ.oʊ    
6    II    Europa    jʊˈroʊpə    

7    III    Ganymede    ˈɡænɨmiːd    
8    IV    Callisto    kəˈlɪstoʊ    
9    XVIII    Themisto    
10    XIII    Leda    
11    VI    Himalia    haɪˈmeɪliə    
12    X    Lysithea    laɪˈsɪθiːə        36    6.3    11,740,560    +259.89    27.006°    0.1322    1938    Nicholson    Himalia
13    VII    Elara    ˈɛlərə        86    87    11,778,034    +261.14    29.691°    0.1948    1905    Perrine    Himalia
14    —    Dia            4    0.009 0    12 570 424    +287.93    27.584°    0.2058    2001    Sheppard et al.    Himalia
15    XLVI    Carpo    ˈkɑrpoʊ        3    0.004 5    17,144,873    +458.62    56.001°    0.2735    2003    Sheppard et al.    Carpo
16    —    S/2003 J 12            1    0.000 15    17,739,539    −482.69    142.680°    0.4449    2003    Sheppard et al.    ?
17    XXXIV    Euporie    juːˈpoʊrɨ.iː        2    0.001 5    19,088,434    −538.78    144.694°    0.0960    2002    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
18    —    S/2003 J 3            2    0.001 5    19,621,780    −561.52    146.363°    0.2507    2003    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
19    —    S/2003 J 18            2    0.001 5    19,812,577    −569.73    147.401°    0.1569    2003    Gladman et al.    Ananke
20    XLII    Thelxinoe    θɛlkˈsɪnɵʊiː        2    0.001 5    20,453,753    −597.61    151.292°    0.2684    2003    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
21    XXXIII    Euanthe    juːˈænθiː        3    0.004 5    20,464,854    −598.09    143.409°    0.2000    2002    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
22    XLV    Helike    ˈhɛlɨkiː        4    0.009 0    20,540,266    −601.40    154.586°    0.1374    2003    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
23    XXXV    Orthosie    ɔrˈθɒsɨ.iː        2    0.001 5    20,567,971    −602.62    142.366°    0.2433    2002    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
24    XXIV    Iocaste    ˌaɪ.ɵˈkæstiː        5    0.019    20,722,566    −609.43    147.248°    0.2874    2001    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
25    —    S/2003 J 16            2    0.001 5    20,743,779    −610.36    150.769°    0.3184    2003    Gladman et al.    Ananke
26    XXVII    Praxidike    prækˈsɪdɨkiː        7    0.043    20,823,948    −613.90    144.205°    0.1840    2001    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
27    XXII    Harpalyke    hɑrˈpælɨkiː        4    0.012    21,063,814    −624.54    147.223°    0.2440    2001    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
28    XL    Mneme    ˈniːmiː        2    0.001 5    21,129,786    −627.48    149.732°    0.3169    2003    Gladman et al.    Ananke
29    XXX    Hermippe    hɚˈmɪpiː        4    0.009 0    21,182,086    −629.81    151.242°    0.2290    2002    Sheppard et al.    Ananke?
30    XXIX    Thyone    θaɪˈoʊniː        4    0.009 0    21,405,570    −639.80    147.276°    0.2525    2002    Sheppard et al.    Ananke
31    XII    Ananke    əˈnæŋkiː        28    3.0    21,454,952    −642.02    151.564°    0.3445    1951    Nicholson    Ananke
32    L    Herse            2    0.001 5    22,134,306    −672.75    162.490°    0.2379    2003    Gladman et al.    Carme
33    XXXI    Aitne    ˈaɪtniː        3    0.004 5    22,285,161    −679.64    165.562°    0.3927    2002    Sheppard et al.    Carme
34    XXXVII    Kale    ˈkeɪliː        2    0.001 5    22,409,207    −685.32    165.378°    0.2011    2002    Sheppard et al.    Carme
35    XX    Taygete    teiˈɪdʒɨtiː        5    0.016    22,438,648    −686.67    164.890°    0.3678    2001    Sheppard et al.    Carme
36    —    S/2003 J 19            2    0.001 5    22,709,061    −699.12    164.727°    0.1961    2003    Gladman et al.    Carme
37    XXI    Chaldene    kælˈdiːniː        4    0.007 5    22,713,444    −699.33    167.070°    0.2916    2001    Sheppard et al.    Carme
38    —    S/2003 J 15            2    0.001 5    22,720,999    −699.68    141.812°    0.0932    2003    Sheppard et al.    Ananke?
39    —    S/2003 J 10            2    0.001 5    22,730,813    −700.13    163.813°    0.3438    2003    Sheppard et al.    Carme?
40    —    S/2003 J 23            2    0.001 5    22,739,654    −700.54    148.849°    0.3930    2004    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
41    XXV    Erinome    ɨˈrɪnɵmiː        3    0.004 5    22,986,266    −711.96    163.737°    0.2552    2001    Sheppard et al.    Carme
42    XLI    Aoede    eɪˈiːdiː        4    0.009 0    23,044,175    −714.66    160.482°    0.6011    2003    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
43    XLIV    Kallichore    kəˈlɪkɵriː        2    0.001 5    23,111,823    −717.81    164.605°    0.2041    2003    Sheppard et al.    Carme?
44    XXIII    Kalyke    ˈkælɨkiː        5    0.019    23,180,773    −721.02    165.505°    0.2139    2001    Sheppard et al.    Carme
45    XI    Carme    ˈkɑrmiː        46    13    23,197,992    −721.82    165.047°    0.2342    1938    Nicholson    Carme
46    XVII    Callirrhoe    kəˈlɪrɵʊiː        9    0.087    23,214,986    −722.62    139.849°    0.2582    2000    Gladman et al.    Pasiphaë
47    XXXII    Eurydome    jʊˈrɪdəmiː        3    0.004 5    23,230,858    −723.36    149.324°    0.3769    2002    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë?
48    XXXVIII    Pasithee    pəˈsɪθɨ.iː        2    0.001 5    23,307,318    −726.93    165.759°    0.3288    2002    Sheppard et al.    Carme
49    XLIX    Kore    ˈkoʊriː        2    0.001 5    23,345,093    −776.02    137.371°    0.1951    2003    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
50    XLVIII    Cyllene    sɨˈliːniː        2    0.001 5    23,396,269    −731.10    140.148°    0.4115    2003    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
51    XLVII    Eukelade    juːˈkɛlədiː        4    0.009 0    23,483,694    −735.20    163.996°    0.2828    2003    Sheppard et al.    Carme
52    —    S/2003 J 4            2    0.001 5    23,570,790    −739.29    147.175°    0.3003    2003    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
53    VIII    Pasiphaë    pəˈsɪfeɪ.iː        60    30    23,609,042    −741.09    141.803°    0.3743    1908    Gladman et al.    Pasiphaë
54    XXXIX    Hegemone    hɨˈdʒɛməniː        3    0.004 5    23,702,511    −745.50    152.506°    0.4077    2003    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
55    XLIII    Arche    ˈɑrkiː        3    0.004 5    23,717,051    −746.19    164.587°    0.1492    2002    Sheppard et al.    Carme
56    XXVI    Isonoe    aɪˈsɒnɵʊiː        4    0.007 5    23,800,647    −750.13    165.127°    0.1775    2001    Sheppard et al.    Carme
57    —    S/2003 J 9            1    0.000 15    23,857,808    −752.84    164.980°    0.2761    2003    Sheppard et al.    Carme
58    —    S/2003 J 5            4    0.009 0    23,973,926    −758.34    165.549°    0.3070    2003    Sheppard et al.    Carme
59    IX    Sinope    sɨˈnoʊpiː        38    7.5    24,057,865    −762.33    153.778°    0.2750    1914    Nicholson    Pasiphaë
60    XXXVI    Sponde    ˈspɒndiː        2    0.001 5    24,252,627    −771.60    154.372°    0.4431    2002    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
61    XXVIII    Autonoe    ɔːˈtɒnɵʊiː        4    0.009 0    24,264,445    −772.17    151.058°    0.3690    2002    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
62    XIX    Megaclite    ˌmɛɡəˈklaɪtiː        5    0.021    24,687,239    −792.44    150.398°    0.3077    2001    Sheppard et al.    Pasiphaë
63    —    S/2003 J 2   [preferably the 63rd moon is now my favorite] https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jupiter's_moons

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis