Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stellar_Seeker's Idea dump.

Stellar_Seeker

I don't have the Ailean for you, but I do have two new things!

Corrupted Rework: Part 1

In my ongoing quest to make the Corrupted more interesting as a faction to fight, I've decided to do a full rework of them as a faction. 

First off, all Corrupted Enemies will now use Prime weapons, My justification for this is that since the Orokin Towers are somehow in pristine condition, foundries inside them can endlessly reproduce Prime weaponry using Relics as an archive - which is why when you beat a Void Mission, you always get a relic.

Here's the breakdown:

-Corrupted Butchers now wield a single Kama Prime
-Corrupted Lancers now wield Braton Primes
-Corrupted Crewmen now wield Boar Primes
-Corrupted Nullifiers now wield Vectis Primes
-Corrupted Heavy Gunners now wield Soma Primes
-Corrupted Bombers now wield Zerueans (see below)
-When disarmed, all Corrupted now wield a single Fang Prime dagger.

However, there's a problem with this; namely, there aren't any Prime launchers for Corrupted Bombards to use... which is why I made this:

(Apologies for the low image quality, my scanner does this thing where it autodetects what lines it needs to scan and because this kind of design gives it conniption fits I scanned it in as a PDF because it doesn't do the autodetect for some reason and then used a screenshot of said PDF as the image)

Corrupted Launcher 'Zeruean' by MurderosZdska

"Consuming the memory of the Ogris from its victims, Orokin Tower foundries have created the first and last word when it comes to infantry explosives."

So basically, this thing is meant to be my attempt at fleshing out what a Corrupted weapon would look like, aesthetically, and... this is what I came up with. Here are WIP stats.

Primary
Accuracy: 100
Mag: 3
Status chance: 25%
Trigger: Semi-Automatic
Critical Chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Damage: 1000
    Radiation: 800
    Impact: 200
Fire Rate: 1.1
Reload Time: 3.2 seconds
Projectile-based

And, because it's a launcher:

Splash Damage:
    Radius: 10m

Yep, a 10m radius splash damage zone running off of 1000 base damage.

Fortunately, the Zeruean has a special trait inherent to it: Self-damage is capped at 10% of your (and allies') total HP (the sum of health and shields), so you can risk going nuts with it up close if you want.

And, if I have to be honest, I'm not exactly all that satisfied with this weapon, and the changes to the Corrupted I made in general. It feels lazy unfinished to me (just like the Corrupted hurhur)

Edited by Stellar_Seeker
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

A Corrupted Launcher?! =D That sounds sweet. The fragmentary look kinda reminds me of THIS THING from Shadowkeep.

destiny-2-every-known-exotic-shadowkeep-

...That somehow perfectly captures the aesthetic I'm going for better than anything I've ever seen: Unfinished, half-constructed, yet fully functional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ostron Shotgun Crossbow "Hahen"

Ostron Shotgun Crossbow 'Hahen' by MurderosZdska

I'm back with another piece from my backlog. This is the Hahen, an Ostron crossbow you get from Hok, similarly to the Cthon. Unlike the Cthon, where you have to scan a thing, 

As for how the weapon handles, well... you ever read Discworld? If you did, you might be familiar with a weapon called the "Piecemaker". The Hahen is basically a Warframe version of that: the crossbow equivalent to the Tigris, a projectile weapon that deals heat and puncture damage.

No stats or lore because I'm lazy. Maybe later.

Edited by Stellar_Seeker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

As for how the weapon handles, well... you ever read Discworld? If you did, you might be familiar with a weapon called the "Piecemaker". The Hahen is basically a Warframe version of that: the crossbow equivalent to the Tigris, a projectile weapon that deals heat and puncture damage.

I get to use THE PIECEMAKER?!

10/2 knackstapeece

But all seriousness though that sounds really cool.

• 1 month later...

Tenno Shotgun: The Hikaris

Tenno Shotgun 'Hikaris' by MurderosZdska

This is an older piece from my backlog, because I've been busy with other projects and such; but I have been considering trying to upload a new concept piece at a rate of once per month just for consistency's sake.

As for the weapon itself, this is the Hikaris, a Tenno shotgun that works a lot like a hitscan version of the Drakgoon: It fires a scattering of lasers that deal radiation and puncture damage, with a charge trigger that uses the pyramid-prism-thing at the center of the gun to condense the individual lasers into a tighter, stronger beam with more range to it. I imagine it as kind of like a shotgun/sniper hybrid, similar to another weapon of mine that I can't remember if I publicly uploaded it here or not.

I've also considered giving it a secondary fire where it fires the prism out--turning the weapon into a simple, single-shot semiautomatic rifle--and when you shoot the prism, it creates a radial burst of radiation damage and summons it back to the weapon.

Anyway, that's all for now.

20 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

As for the weapon itself, this is the Hikaris, a Tenno shotgun that works a lot like a hitscan version of the Drakgoon: It fires a scattering of lasers that deal radiation and puncture damage, with a charge trigger that uses the pyramid-prism-thing at the center of the gun to condense the individual lasers into a tighter, stronger beam with more range to it. I imagine it as kind of like a shotgun/sniper hybrid, similar to another weapon of mine that I can't remember if I publicly uploaded it here or not.

...I swear, I didn't look at this when I was making the Spectacor XD

All that said, I love the idea of a shotgun where you can control spread sizes. That would have a lot of utility in this game!

20 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

I've also considered giving it a secondary fire where it fires the prism out--turning the weapon into a simple, single-shot semiautomatic rifle--and when you shoot the prism, it creates a radial burst of radiation damage and summons it back to the weapon.

That's absolutely worth considering.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-15 at 3:17 PM, Stellar_Seeker said:

Tenno Shotgun: The Hikaris

Tenno Shotgun 'Hikaris' by MurderosZdska

This is an older piece from my backlog, because I've been busy with other projects and such; but I have been considering trying to upload a new concept piece at a rate of once per month just for consistency's sake.

Anyway, that's all for now.

This weapon looks really cool and is interesting but it is the kind of design that only works if it comes as the signature weapon of a light based warframe.

I can’t recall tenno weapons using floating parts or prism (floating parts are more of cephalon thing )

edit: most of the tennis weapons use ballist projectilles ( there are exceptions lime the fulmin , but it is easyer to make an exception when it is signature weapon )

Edited by keikogi

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...that's an idea.

I wonder what could be done with a hardlight-based frame. 

There is a lot you can do with a light based warframe: 

Hardlight constructs both inanimate( swords , spears , shields , walls ... ) and animated ( copies of the warframe , aparitions ...)

Light speed moviments ( teleportation , attacking so fast people only see the after image , skipping animation , dodging everything ...)

Lasers 

Intangibility 

Bliding light and so on.

Edit: you can even get away with healing due to light Association with paladins.

Edited by keikogi

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been inspired by the recent update to actually start doing WF fan stuff again. Today's installment is about the Kuva Liches, and how to make them more interesting, because right now, and let's be honest here, they feel half-complete. (Perhaps because the Kuva Liches would have more things to do in the Empyrean update with the railjacks and whatnot.)

I could go on and explain my problems with the Lich system, but that'd take too long and better speakers than me have covered it before, so here's an idea on making the Liches more interesting (a total rework may be in the cards for later).

A new Mission type: Skirmish.

"Adversary, for you to so brazenly walk into the halls of my domain... do you truly believe yourself so powerful as to defy me without consequence?!"

I think the most galling thing about the Kuva Liches is that we have no real way of shutting their smug faces up aside from outright killing them, which is hard because of how RNG-heavy that process is. Which is where Skirmish missions come in--the Kuva Liches may think themselves safe with their immortality and patchwork empires, but murdering the gods and toppling their thrones is a Tenno specialty.

Overview
Skirmish Missions are unlocked by clearing a planet of a Kuva Lich's influence, which, instead of removing that sector from their control, causes a new node to appear on the planet, similar to Fomorian Sabotage or Razorback Armada nodes--The Lich's base of operations (either using the normal Grineer Galleon/Asteroid tileset or using the Kuva Fortress tileset, I'm not sure yet)

Now, what is a Skirmish mission? It's simple: There's a door blocking you from fighting your Lich, and you have three different mini-missions to complete (all pulled from a pool of potential options) to unlock that door and take on your Lich, lethally or non-lethally (if you don't have the right Requiem mods), which frees the planet from their control and gives you some loot as reward (also something I'm not certain about). The mini-objectives are as follows:
Console Defense: It's simple--find a console and do a Mobile Defense mission to release one of the locks to the door.
Thrall Extermination: The key for one of the locks has been broken apart and spread across the Lich's (many) Thralls. Go and kill them all to reassemble the key and break that lock.
Capture: One of the Lich's most trusted Thralls has a key in his possession. Take it.
Sabotage: One of the locks is impregnable--but the system powering it isn't. Go and destroy it.
Spy: A key has been hidden inside of a vault. That's not going to stop you from breaking in and taking it anyway.
Disruption: Like before, one of the keys was hidden, but this time inside of a conduit. Do a Disruption mission and kill the Demolyst to get that key.
(I can't think of any more, so if anyone has any ideas, that'd be cool)

With each mini-objective completed, the Lich becomes more and more exasperated/enraged with the bumbling of their soldiers, and adds a Complication to the mix. Complications are things like flooding the ship with coolant, lowering the gravity, increasing the number of Eximus units being spawned, etc. It's basically what conduits do but with more potential effects.

Once you or your squad gets all three keys and unlocks the door, you begin the fight with, depending on the amount of people in your squad, your Liches and up to three embeefened Kuva Guardians in a boss arena. Because, ideally, you'd like to win this fight without increasing their rank via botched Requiem Mercies, you can either fight them the old-fashioned way or hack three consoles in the arena to open the arena to vacuum and send everyone into space; where you summon your Archwings and fly to extraction.

Your reward: Rare resources, Relics, rare BPs, other things I can't figure out because WF's reward economy is mystifying, and the salty cries of your Lich, unable to understand how they have been overcome.

Aaaand that's all I got.

Edited by Stellar_Seeker