Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be a frame that shrinks and or grows.

ninosagas12

I'm pretty sure DE had already said this is unreadable. Titania is an exception, mainly cause she's running on and entirely different engine, where the character model still isn't what gets scaled down, everything else just gets scaled up.

48 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Titania is an exception, mainly cause she's running on and entirely different engine, where the character model still isn't what gets scaled down, everything else just gets scaled up.

I think you misunderstood that one. The mode she's running on is Archwing mode, yes, but that's for movement and interaction (as in she literally can't interact with anything that operates on the 'press X to' system because the animations and her location on the nav-mesh are not possible to plot).

Shrinking and growing the frame is completely easy and it's actually how they accomplished the original Archwing, they scaled all the frames down to 25% size and gave them backpacks.

This is why there were so many bugs when they tried to merge the two systems, starting with Sharkwing;

Spoiler

uBzCMfb.jpg

A3WfVOh.jpg

Frames getting permanently stuck in the shrunken state ^^ Plus a whole lot more with them getting stuck with the Archwing cosmetic backpacks on them full-time obscuring the entire screen, or the transition gates getting messed up so they were running on the floor in the Sharkwing mode, and flying in the air the rest of the time... Oh, and the Sharkwing sections were also scaled down originally so that they were super detailed and made the enemies look larger, and so that they didn't take up as much map space to be generated, but now they have to be full size to prevent our glitches from breaking everything.

Titania's whole Archwing mode function was actually based off these bugs existing and how DE could replicate and fix them.

The reason that they don't do frames that shrink and grow, however, is the engine's handling of scale. The main game engine considers physical size to be kind of inconsequential, that's why when there's Finisher animations all the Bombards and Gunners shrink down to our size, or Kubrows that Maul an enemy expand to match the bigger sized Kubrows. Heck, if you ever manage to go into Captura at the right time, you'll notice that Hydroid's puddle is actually hiding Hydroid just below the game's rendering surface at a very tiny scale, usually invisible, but he's still there in the middle, and the animation covers the transition of his model being pinged instantly back to size after the ability ends.

Basically without doing an in-depth animation overhaul for the frame that will grow larger or shrink down, something they didn't even manage to do with Wisp, every single thing the frame does that has them interacting with another frame, with certain melee movements, with consoles, with enemies... they just pop straight back to the normal size.

We don't notice it on the Warframes because there's only about an actual 12 inches in physical height difference between the very smallest and the very tallest frames. Enemies and other non-player characters, though? Yeah, we see the problem all the time.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I think you misunderstood that one. The mode she's running on is Archwing mode, yes, but that's for movement and interaction (as in she literally can't interact with anything that operates on the 'press X to' system because the animations and her location on the nav-mesh are not possible to plot).

Shrinking and growing the frame is completely easy and it's actually how they accomplished the original Archwing, they scaled all the frames down to 25% size and gave them backpacks.

This is why there were so many bugs when they tried to merge the two systems, starting with Sharkwing;

Reveal hidden contents

uBzCMfb.jpg

A3WfVOh.jpg

Frames getting permanently stuck in the shrunken state ^^ Plus a whole lot more with them getting stuck with the Archwing cosmetic backpacks on them full-time obscuring the entire screen, or the transition gates getting messed up so they were running on the floor in the Sharkwing mode, and flying in the air the rest of the time... Oh, and the Sharkwing sections were also scaled down originally so that they were super detailed and made the enemies look larger, and so that they didn't take up as much map space to be generated, but now they have to be full size to prevent our glitches from breaking everything.

Titania's whole Archwing mode function was actually based off these bugs existing and how DE could replicate and fix them.

The reason that they don't do frames that shrink and grow, however, is the engine's handling of scale. The main game engine considers physical size to be kind of inconsequential, that's why when there's Finisher animations all the Bombards and Gunners shrink down to our size, or Kubrows that Maul an enemy expand to match the bigger sized Kubrows. Heck, if you ever manage to go into Captura at the right time, you'll notice that Hydroid's puddle is actually hiding Hydroid just below the game's rendering surface at a very tiny scale, usually invisible, but he's still there in the middle, and the animation covers the transition of his model being pinged instantly back to size after the ability ends.

Basically without doing an in-depth animation overhaul for the frame that will grow larger or shrink down, something they didn't even manage to do with Wisp, every single thing the frame does that has them interacting with another frame, with certain melee movements, with consoles, with enemies... they just pop straight back to the normal size.

We don't notice it on the Warframes because there's only about an actual 12 inches in physical height difference between the very smallest and the very tallest frames. Enemies and other non-player characters, though? Yeah, we see the problem all the time.

TIL

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Hide contents

uBzCMfb.jpg

A3WfVOh.jpg

Oh god, I remember doing this back in the day. When she first came out, I shook hand with a friend to test it out. With some more testing, I found out that if you turn 4 off and on rapidly while falling out of bounds that it happened consistently. Even the old operator was tiny, but the beam wasn't. It was just offset. Good times.

2 hours ago, Blexander said:

Oh god, I remember doing this back in the day. When she first came out, I shook hand with a friend to test it out. With some more testing, I found out that if you turn 4 off and on rapidly while falling out of bounds that it happened consistently. Even the old operator was tiny, but the beam wasn't. It was just offset. Good times.

Since this was around the Time Captura was being invented, I remember players using this exact glitch on an Exterminate mission where they cleared the enemies, turned off their hud and used the Aim to get rid of their own model in order to do pan-arounds of an ally's fashion frame.

Then the full captura mode was created and they stopped needing to glitch the game for stuff like that ^^