Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balancing Nekros.

Ariarch

So, first off their is no Nerf or Buff here, just a few changes to tweak Nekros.

For the first ability we have Soul Punch. I like it, but it needs to be fixed a little.

Fixes:

Make enemies hit with Soul Punch drop double the normal loot.

Make each hit by Soul Punch double the original damage.

Make it have innate puncture.(Already has this, sorta.)

Make it have a wider blast radius.

Terror is up next.

Fixes:

No limit on radius.

Caps at around twelve eight enemies per use.

Has no Power in Use syndrome.

Will not effect the same enemies that it is currently being used on, just ones further out.

Desecrate. This one needs to be changed entirely. Exception is I included it in Soul Punch.

Fixes:

Rename to Dead Rising

Function:

30 enemies previously killed will be summoned in the form of Shadows of the Dead.

These enemies surround Nekros and are fired out in all directions, knocking all enemies in the way into walls. Ragdolled and stunned for 2 seconds.

Long casting time. Invulnerable while casting.

Shadows of the Dead. My personal favorite.

Fixes:

Invulnerability while casting.

Demoralizes enemies that come near your Shadows, they run away while shooting just like the Grineer Eviscerator.

AI fixed for Shadows, speed boost to shadows.

Always prioritizes Heavy enemies over Light enemy types in the cast.

Edit: Will never use runners as reanimated friendlies.

Stat Changes:

Keeps shields as is.

Increase speed to 1.1, increase stamina.

TL;DR:

Major changes to Nekros, making him into the image of death. As he was always intended to be.

Note:

If any form of desecrate is to survive, we need to keep corpses around for much longer.

Edited by Ariarch

have you hit your freaking head?
less armor... its already squishy as F***...

also desecrate is a brilliant skill, learn to use it.

this is Mag all over again and if you kids keep whining it will get completely ruined. (yes pull got nerfed)

Edited by jmthebigman

I agree with wider soul punch,, but like the fear having no range requirement especially on survival it would be hard as hell to find an enemy except the ones that were already infront of you, and especially on some corpus maps where they get stuck lol

I agree with wider soul punch,, but like the fear having no range requirement especially on survival it would be hard as hell to find an enemy except the ones that were already infront of you, and especially on some corpus maps where they get stuck lol

Closest enemies are obviously prioritized. Just giving people the option to make the whole map run in fear.

Also, in survival this skill generally isn't very useful.

Edited by Ariarch

My additions will be emboldened

For the first ability we have Soul Punch. I like it, but it needs to be fixed a little.

Fixes:

Make enemies hit with Soul Punch drop double the normal loot. Meh, could give or take it

Make each hit by Soul Punch double the original damage. I actually prefer the Armour debuff

Make it have a wider blast radius. This: Okay, currently is equivalent of a blast radius is the area BEHIND the target receiiving some punch, but this is unpredictable and often ineffective as it requires enemies to line up like bowling pins.  What I wanted and I think this is similar to what you had in mind; Replace the affecting-behind-target with an AoE blast around the afflicted target's immediate area.

Terror is up next.

Fixes:

No limit on radius. The current issue is more that it affects only the field of view, I can live with a radius but I really wish it was an innate AoE in a full circle

Caps at around twelve eight enemies per use.  Nope nope nope. This isnt like Vauban's bastille which was nerfed due to it rendering them helpless. This needs to affect unlimited targets to be able to do its job properly especially in higher level content 

Has no Power in Use syndrome. goes without saying >.>

Will not effect the same enemies that it is currently being used on, just ones further out. Not sure what this is, considering your version has no range limit ?

Desecrate. This one needs to be changed entirely. Exception is I included it in Soul Punch.

Fixes:

Rename to Dead Rising

Function:

30 enemies previously killed will be summoned in the form of Shadows of the Dead.

These enemies surround Nekros and are fired out in all directions, knocking all enemies in the way into walls. Ragdolled and stunned for 5 seconds.

^ Wouldnt be a BAD replacement to Desecrate but I can see the flame wars already

Shadows of the Dead. My personal favorite. (Mine too)

Fixes:

Invulnerability while casting. YES !! So much yes >.> all of his abilities look awesome but take a criminally long time considering we're sitting ducks

Demoralizes enemies that come near your Shadows, they run away while shooting just like the Grineer Eviscerator. Hm... Im actually not sure whether I like or dislike

AI fixed for Shadows, speed boost to shadows. Why speed ?

Always prioritizes Heavy enemies over Light enemy types in the cast.  Absolutely yes ! I am sick of resurecting @(*()$ chargers

Stat Changes:

Remove 50 armor, replace with 40. No. He is already squishy enough as is with his lowered shields

Change health so that it also equals 666 when with max vitality. Meh. Could take or leave it.

Keeps shields as is. Id rather he be durable than have "666" as a number... that does nothing for me.

Increase speed to 1.1, increase stamina. Yes. A support frame needs to either have large energy pools or at least be fast 

Special property:

Innate Reflex Guard, 5%

Nice little link explaining this.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reflex_Guard  No special properties. 

TL;DR:

Major changes to Nekros, making him into the image of death. As he was always intended to be.

My additions will be emboldened

A couple of various reasons as to why I put what I put and what of your suggestions will be included.

Included:

No special property.

Agreed on your soul punch idea. See if you can write that in because I do not quite know how I would go about explaining that.

Not included:

Speed from shadows will not be removed. Look at how slow the Shadows go when they are chasing enemies. They already have limited duration, just trying to improve usefulness.

My Terror addition was limited because I removed the range limit. I do not need to use 40 energy to make the entire map a playground for Tenno.

Edited by Ariarch

Kinda negative. Constructive criticism is supported. And Nekros is squishy for a reason. Looking at you JM.

making it more squishy so it gets death sentenced when a mob knocks you down isnt a brilliant idea.

as for Desecrate, its the best skill he got for supporting.

-so much more resources

-the amount of health orbs is great at higher lvl's

^-with some side builds you can make a pretty fun build which is up to you to research and find out. All i hope is that it wont get wrecked like Mag got wrecked by some spoiled kids that prefer easy mode on everything.

Look further than your nose.

I hope thats constructive enough for you....

making it more squishy so it gets death sentenced when a mob knocks you down isnt a brilliant idea.

as for Desecrate, its the best skill he got for supporting.

-so much more resources

-the amount of health orbs is great at higher lvl's

^-with some side builds you can make a pretty fun build which is up to you to research and find out. All i hope is that it wont get wrecked like Mag got wrecked by some spoiled kids that prefer easy mode on everything.

Look further than your nose.

I hope thats constructive enough for you....

Thank you. I already included your armor commentary.

So, first off their is no Nerf or Buff here, just a few changes to tweak Nekros.

Fixes:

Make enemies hit with Soul Punch drop double the normal loot.

Make each hit by Soul Punch double the original damage.

Make it have a wider blast radius.

I see problems with this first.

You're giving a less costing ability to drop double mods, double the original damage with a innate puncher ? Thats insane and would make it way overpowered. The only thing I can agree on with this is widening the Blast Radius a tide bit.

Terror is up next.

Fixes:

No limit on radius.

Caps at around twelve eight enemies per use.

Has no Power in Use syndrome.

Will not effect the same enemies that it is currently being used on, just ones further out.

No limit on the radius of the ability ? Caps at Eight ? Will not effect the same enemies ? Skill currently is just fine as it is lets not change anything about it.

Fixes:

Rename to Dead Rising

Function:

These enemies surround Nekros and are fired out in all directions, knocking all enemies in the way into walls. Ragdolled and stunned for 5 seconds.

So I don't know why a lot of people want this changed but OK lets just see what the problem here is. You want the 30 previous killed enemies to basically curb stop everything to a wall....and be stunned for 5 seconds. Not only can I see this being a huge problem with bosses but with how tanks would be useless if you can just push people away.

Fixes:

Invulnerability while casting.

Demoralizes enemies that come near your Shadows, they run away while shooting just like the Grineer Eviscerator.

AI fixed for Shadows, speed boost to shadows.

Always prioritizes Heavy enemies over Light enemy types in the cast. 

Just no. They just need to improve casting time on it not make you Invulnerable. Making the enemy run away in fear is what Terror does already.

Sorry but they need both units. If you want heavy's 24/7 that's great, just shoot heavy's then.

Stat Changes:

Change health so that it also equals 666 when with max vitality.

Keeps shields as is.

Increase speed to 1.1, increase stamina.

Special property:

Innate Reflex Guard, 5%

Nice little link explaining this.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reflex_Guard

TL;DR:

No to the state changes. He's fine as he is learn to mod according to what you're fighting. And no to the "Special property" warframes never have and will never have these. And if the day comes trust me they won't use a already mod as a "Property".

Also Nekros isn't the image of death, If anything he's the image of reanimation and defilement of corpses. If he was the true image of death all of his ability's would just 1 shot everything

Edited by Gravefire

I see problems with this first.

You're giving a less costing ability to drop double mods, double the original damage with a innate puncher ? Thats insane and would make it way overpowered. The only thing I can agree on with this is widening the Blast Radius a tide bit.

No limit on the radius of the ability ? Caps at Eight ? Will not effect the same enemies ? Skill currently is just fine as it is lets not change anything about it.

So I don't know why a lot of people want this changed but OK lets just see what the problem here is. You want the 30 previous killed enemies to basically curb stop everything to a wall....and be stunned for 5 seconds. Not only can I see this being a huge problem with bosses but with how tanks would be useless if you can just push people away.

Just no. They just need to improve casting time on it not make you Invulnerable. Making the enemy run away in fear is what Terror does already.

Sorry but they need both units. If you want heavy's 24/7 that's great, just shoot heavy's then.

No to the state changes. He's fine as he is learn to mod according to what you're fighting. And no to the "Special property" warframes never have and will never have these. And if the day comes trust me they won't use a already mod as a "Property".

Also Nekros isn't the image of death, If anything he's the image of reanimation and defilement of corpses. If he was the true image of death all of his ability's would just 1 shot everything

Soul Punch explanation: Double damage is ONLY if the enemies are lined up. 

Terror: Just don't want to accidentally waste energy if I click 2 at the wrong time.

Desecrate changes: Will change stun amount to 2 seconds.

Shadows of the Dead: Trying to reduce the whole meta-gaming idea of specifically killing heavy enemies instead of other enemies.

Invulnerability is added for the sake of not being killed while casting.

I'm not a particular fan of these changes, especially the health one because that is lowering his maximum health potential.

I didn't care for the 666/image of death thing in the first place and I play Nekros specifically because of his play style.

The Terror changes are fine. I don't think Soul Punch needs anything to be changed. SOTD isn't my favorite rework I've seen, but it'll do, invincibility is always nice, but the extra fear effect would pretty much just replace Terror if it was included.

Don't touch Desecrate.

Can I just has more speed? Nekros certainly isn't tank frame, but he isn't "caster" frame either. So could we get a little speed boost for him, it makes no sense for Nekros to be so slow.

Also, am I the only one who would like Terror (Totem) to work like actual totem? That is provide AoE fear for a certain duration. Other than that.. he's fine (except for the amount of bugs on his 4). I don't like desecrate and I'd like it removed, but that one is rather subjective it seems. I'm content with just buffing his stats though if desecrate is to stay... having one completely non-combat gimmicky skill certainly warrants an edge in stats imho.

Oh, and my suggestion is to allow you to use your 4 again, before it expires, to extend the duration (for another 100 energy of course). So once you get your favorite ancient lineup you can keep it up at least for the entire wave.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I'm not a particular fan of these changes, especially the health one because that is lowering his maximum health potential.

I didn't care for the 666/image of death thing in the first place and I play Nekros specifically because of his play style.

The Terror changes are fine. I don't think Soul Punch needs anything to be changed. SOTD isn't my favorite rework I've seen, but it'll do, invincibility is always nice, but the extra fear effect would pretty much just replace Terror if it was included.

Don't touch Desecrate.

Your probably right on the health. Fixed, thanks.

I've played around a bit with Nekros and his talents, and to be perfectly frank, hes pretty damned excellent as a support frame.   What is it that you're trying to accomplish with your proposed changes?  I ask because if I understood your proposed changes correctly, you're wanting to drastically increase his power in such a fashion that he will never be reliant on anyone else for anything, and I believe that to be detrimental to the game itself.

This skill need to be changed.... for a good better future...

This skill shld ONLY allow nekros to summon medium units... no light/ heavy units... too OP....

and need fixing on colour-less summons...

answers in bold.

Edited by low1991