Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point in the 24 hour delay?

Raindeerd

I'm losing hope at this point. The MR test 10 is dumb. First of all, I can't see anything at all. I am standing on platforms that disappear without warning, and not being able to even see the platforms is stupid. The wait should be 8-12 hours. The fact I have to wait a day - 24 full hours is honestly one of the worst thing in the entire game. I don't care if you say "well just use a high fire-rate weapon gun" thats not the point of this post - its to vent about the massive wait time. A brand new frame only takes 3-ish days (I believe). 

You can always training the test before do it oficially, you got alot of tutorials on youtube, also if you fail you can still gain XP wich count when you make next MR lvl, so no problem at all, keep leveling weapons, frames, pets, etc.. it will count.

• Like 1

Better yet there should be no wait, it doesn't add anything to the game but frustration for the sake of frustration. 

Either you can do the test or you can't and usually if you fail the first time it takes less than a minute to adjust your build. Then you get to sit there for 24hrs because "That's how it's always been done" 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

The 24hr wait is there for the same reason why there is an MR trade limit and minimum requirement. It prevents or slows down certain exploits.

Bannable Exploit here for example:DO NOT DO THIS

Spoiler

For example, the referral rewards gives 10% of the plat that a referred account purchased to the person that referred them. This can be used by a player to make multiple accounts, log in each day till you get plat discount, buy plat, and trade them to the main account for a whole load of bonus plat. 

All purchase and trades are obviously tracked by DE and things like these can be easily caught. But it's always good to have preventive measures.

These things aren't here to annoy the regular players. It's for the protection of the players and the game. 

Edited by InDueTime-EN-
  • Like 2

Did my MR10 test with Cyanex. And yeah, the 24 hour wait is kind of dumb. People are saying it is to prevent exploits, but don't give any MR test exploits as examples. I don't believe that bs. If anything, it is just there as a means of slowing progress so players can't burn through ranks and get to end game gear quickly. Wouldn't be a problem if there was a proper endgame though. But currently, fashionframe and getting new gear is all there is to do at that point.

Its protection for us.  Some people have self control issues and would spend all day grinding and burn through everything super faster.

I do think the lower mastery ranks should be shorter wait time to encourage ranking up.

Also practice, practice, practice.  If you can't see adjust bloom setting or something.

14 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

The 24hr wait is there for the same reason why there is an MR trade limit and minimum requirement. It prevents or slows down certain exploits.

Bannable Exploit here for example:DO NOT DO THIS

Reveal hidden contents

For example, the referral rewards gives 10% of the plat that a referred account purchased to the person that referred them. This can be used by a player to make multiple accounts, log in each day till you get plat discount, buy plat, and trade them to the main account for a whole load of bonus plat. 

All purchase and trades are obviously tracked by DE and things like these can be easily caught. But it's always good to have preventive measures.

These things aren't here to annoy the regular players. It's for the protection of the players and the game. 

The wait between tests is fine tho odds are it's going to take more than 24hrs for most people to hit the next MR cap after MR 3 anyhow. After which it becomes functionally redundant. The issue is the cooldown upon failed tests, that serves no purpose at any time save for adding a fine layer of needless frustration. 

Simple solution there is just shift the cool down to "On completion" instead of "On Attempt" 

DE keeps their early game stopgap and players aren't needlessly frustrated by being told to wait 24hrs for what in most cases is a 2 minute reassessment of the gear they attempted the test with. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

its a stopgap to make earlyier players unable to rank up too fast an progress at a set rate

while the fail an wait 24 hours is a punishment as your able to take pratice tests all you want, so whats the point if you could do it right away again.
you are forced to learn from what you did wrong in the test

You are literally forced to learn from what you did wrong regardless of a 24hr lockout for failing.... that's how failing works you keep trying till you can pass it. So the only thing the lockout on attempt does is completely and wholly redundant.

If the whole of it's contribution to the game is player frustration then the "on attempt" timer should be reworked into a less frustrating experience.