Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't get my arcane well my teammates do?

WolfEye101

Question

Hello. I have recently gotten into eidolon hunting. I think arcanes are a great way to make plat so I tried it out. I main trinity and work my ass off to get and keep the lures alive. But i have come across a problem that has me on the verge to quit this game. This has happened twice and I feel there is a simple explanation, but no one is helping by telling me why. Both times after I have killed the hydrolon with my squad I collect the resources and get to extraction. But I noticed I didn't get the acranes my team get. I missed out on arcane rage and arcane avenger. Both I could have made a little profit out of. And i tell them why I didn't get it, and all they say is to be more careful. And i make sure to pick every scrap of resources after the fights, and yet I still miss out. It pisses me off I'm one of the most vital parts of the team but they don't help me and I get no arcanes. Please tell me how I make sure I obtain the arcane please.

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, WolfEye101 said:

Hello. I have recently gotten into eidolon hunting. I think arcanes are a great way to make plat so I tried it out. I main trinity and work my ass off to get and keep the lures alive. But i have come across a problem that has me on the verge to quit this game. This has happened twice and I feel there is a simple explanation, but no one is helping by telling me why. Both times after I have killed the hydrolon with my squad I collect the resources and get to extraction. But I noticed I didn't get the acranes my team get. I missed out on arcane rage and arcane avenger. Both I could have made a little profit out of. And i tell them why I didn't get it, and all they say is to be more careful. And i make sure to pick every scrap of resources after the fights, and yet I still miss out. It pisses me off I'm one of the most vital parts of the team but they don't help me and I get no arcanes. Please tell me how I make sure I obtain the arcane please.

Arcanes only drop when you CAPTURE Eidolons and not Kill them. Anyways, after capturing one, you will notice that there will be a sort of container floating among the loot, that item must be collected if you want to get the Arcane as it is not automatically awarded at the end.

Some players use Itzal to drag the loot into a single spot which you might have missed or in some cases, away from the team which may give you a hard time grabbing the loot.

You have to make sure you're picking up the arcanes when they drop from the eidolon lures after you capture the eidolons. They will show up as a cylinder shaped shiny in the air. They don't get picked up by fetch or vaccum, so the most efficient way to make sure you grab them is to use itzal's pull ability to grab all the loot.

5 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Arcanes only drop when you CAPTURE Eidolons and not Kill them.

Arcanes do drop on kills, it's just a more limited pool of drops - really powerful ones like Arcane Energize require the capture. The Arcanes OP mentioned, Arcane Rage and Arcane Avenger, can both drop from kills as well as captures.

If they are getting them and you are not, it really boils down to you are not grabbing the loot. I know that’s hard to hear but it’s the truth.

Arcanes and shards float just above where the lures pop. You can check your mission status before you leave to make sure you have an “unidentifiable item” which is the arcane. If you don’t see that, go back and look. 

Just make sure you pay pay attention to where the lures pop and it’s a good idea to use the iztal’s cosmic crush ability to suck in all the loot. 

Oh, and arcanes ABSOLUTLY drop on kills. Like mentioned before, it’s just a smaller pool. 

Better luch next time. 

Edited by (NSW)Austee
  • Like 1

This is an issue that normally is caused by Itzal's Suction ability.... now this is a rare occurance but sometimes it will suck everything together EXCEPT the arcane which will just hover off alone somewhere. 

Another issue that can cause this is people teleporting the Tethered Lure without warning the squad. This can also result in all the loot just being missed by some members in the squad.

Lastly.... things like Trees also can seperate the loot and you would need to use Itzal's suction twice to get it all....

After capturing each Eidolon always pop open the menu and click on View Mission Progress...

From there just count how many Unidentified Items you gave based on how many Eidolon' s you've caught so far.... this will let you know if you missed the arcane...  😉