Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veterans of The Game

RaDiaFox

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- Raids were a thing, I wouldn't mind seeing them come back so that CC frames have a place again, but that's probably not gonna happen. doing LoR with friends was pretty fun, I ran Vauban and spammed Bastille all the time while everyone else did the heavy lifting. you needed a Vauban and a Trinity to have any hope of completing the raid really. now they aren't really needed anywhere, save for eidolons in the case of Trinity.

That reminds me of the other Raids. The mission type, not the LoR or JV.

Before Survival got introduced, we've had "Raid" mission type. But it's a stretch to even call that a mission type.

All you've had to do was to get an artifact and get to extraction.

You just ignored all the enemies, pressed X on the artifact and coptered to extraction point. It was still around when Void got introduced along with Frost, Latron and Reaper Prime, so yeah, you could run those "Raids" to farm prime parts, and since there were only 3 Primes at the time, there was no drop table gore that the Void Key system suffered over time.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- Coptering. essentially flinging yourself with a melee to get around faster. some people really liked it, some hated it. now we have bullet jump which is a lot better. started out with the "Zorencopter" (Dual Zoren), but then it was discovered Polearms were much better for it. everyone used to take a Tipedo or Orthos with them wherever they went, there wasn't near as much melee diversity as there is now.

Actually, by the time Tipedo wasn't used for coptering.

Coptering worked by performing a slide attack while in the air to fling yourself forward. It was removed when directional aerial melee attacks got introduced (it wasn't coptering since it was performed differently, directional melee required you to just press E mid air), and that's when Tipedo replaced Dual Zoren.

Oh and another thing that I remembered. Artifacts. That's what later got remade into Auras as mods. Artifacts had the same effect as Auras, but you equiped them in Starchart, and they didn't give or use capacity. You could see your team's artifacts on before the start of the mission.

Another thing is that right after Artifacts got remade into Auras, Auras CONSUMED capacity instead of increasing it. It was quickly changed

WV1eq87.png

Edited by markus230

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Mag is still good, though her passive is useless.

Ember is... I would say outshined. The rework did her no favors. When Equinox and Saryn can wipe entire maps of enemies without having LoS, hurting Ember's playstyle makes no sense.

I actually like the relic system better. I just hate how annoying it is to farm traces, and how we really have no incentive to hoard traces up to the MR cap.

I liked it better when Void was this end game zone that you needed keys to access and had exclusive drops. 

Each to his own I guess.

11 hours ago, rand0mname said:

Fusion cores.

Fusion. It was better to fuse same mods together or cores. You had to select every core/mod manually. And after 3 minutes of clicking, you realized that you have not had enough credits.

Recently I went back over my old inbox messages (never deleted any) and got hit with a wave of nostalgia as I noticed half of them time you got fusion core rewards 

I remember when Ancients were just overgrown leapers and their weakpoint was their right foot.

I also remember some of the old removed tiles, like the gigantic Corpus factory floor with the office overlooking it that had the capture target in it, or the vertical stairwell on the Grineer asteroid tileset that was notorious for triggering the dreaded reverse camera glitch.

And the old Dark Sector conflicts and how they turned the forums into a salt mine.

Seriously, these forums could make LoL forums look like a halfway friendly place during that time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jaysus41 said:

I remember when Ancients were just overgrown leapers and their weakpoint was their right foot.

I also remember some of the old removed tiles, like the gigantic Corpus factory floor with the office overlooking it that had the capture target in it, or the vertical stairwell on the Grineer asteroid tileset that was notorious for triggering the dreaded reverse camera glitch.

And the old Dark Sector conflicts and how they turned the forums into a salt mine.

Seriously, these forums could make LoL forums look like a halfway friendly place during that time.

I actually miss dark sector conflicts too. Eventhough they became repetitive very quickly, I thought it was an ambitious move on DE's part. Had serious potential.

I think the biggest change for me was when they changed up all the parkour. I thought the pacing was better when you had to wall run up and across thing, but I do get why they got rid of it. Used to see new players get blocked by an obstacle (that gap with the pipes in the grineer tile) because they hadn't figured out how to do wall run across yet.

Major shifts in the game's flow or economy can be attributed to a few of the following events:

1) Moving from void keys to relics made acquiring prime parts much faster but also tanked their prices in trade chat. Unvaultings became a recurring event. Long runs in the void for prime parts are extinct leading to the constant desire for rewarding endgame activities.

2) Removal of stamina and coptering gave us a much faster movement system capable of multidirectional speed and less linear than before. Wall climbing now allows for infinite height with ease.

3) Moving from Fusion Cores to Endo made mod upgrading the easiest it's ever been while also dropping the prices of mods dramatically. Legendary fusion cores have lost their great value and I'd rather get 40k endo than 1 of these.

4) Removal of Trials left another gap in the game's rewarding endgame activities. Eidolon hunts have partially filled this role but they are more of a side activity than a replacement and I would love nothing more than to have Trials and Eidolon hunts coexist.

5) Removal of Dark Sector conflicts has taken away from the grand clan/alliance vs clan/alliance struggles that were entirely player driven and allowed the community as a whole to decide who won. The benefit of this is that you aren't being scalped by clans that would greedily charge high taxes on your resource and credit gains when you played their dark sector node. Before all the credit sources we have now 20k from Sechura, Pluto was what I relied on.

6) The focus system allows for some of the most powerful broken things in this game but the vast majority of players have yet to catch on or haven't managed to progress deep enough into it. I can see this one being a much bigger game changer in the future.

Hmmm, said a bunch, but wayyy back when i started, Void Keys where the thing, and i remember dropping out of a T3 Survival every 20 minutes for an entire week just so i wouldn't have to farm another one, cause i REALLY wanted the dam Rhino prime chassis! (after i got it i took a 6 month break from warframe, go figure!)

Enemies didn't scale nearly as hard as they do now, so crit was the main viable damage option, and of course, copters, copters everywhere.

the parcor sections where actually hard, couldn't just magic double jump your way everywhere with infinite side run nope, only a certain distance, good luck! 

Funiest thing was when they 'released' the Hemilith, initially it was just a infested charger skin wrapped around a kubrow model XD and i got a super big one too so it was weird as heck! 

Scrolling through the planets was pretty funny too, i dont even think we had like, a ship back then, just would walk in to planet select, foundry and stuff where in menus. I think at least, I could be remembering wrong on that point though. 

All up to this point though i think has been fully and upgrade, never felt any desire to go back, just a lot of hopes for the future! 

(ohhh yeah, and no operators! for many many years! just faceless robot of death following space mom! man things have certainly changed...)