Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extra mod slots (Just a discussion, Dont chew me out pls)

SecSicario

What would be the pros (alot definitely) and cons (nerf oriented people have freedom of speech too😂😂) of having extra mod slots or two in say a warframe, weapon etc

Cause it hit me while modding I usually look at all the mods that I could've slapped into my weapon or warframe  to make it just perfect 

So i dunno, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this 

Is it just me with the perfect setup addiction or some items would be better suited for extra mod slots

Again, just a discussion, not looking to be eaten alive here

• Like 1

I think warframe have a mini scaling of some sort in regards to health depending on Mr level

But yeah that'd be also cool, that way atleast being Mr 27 would mean something other than just having spent alot of time levelling up weapons and flexing on noobs

Tragically DE ain't about that life cause no lie, some weapons would be sort of broken, but to some extent, cause the enemy scaling makes some of the overpowered weapons look like a joke at higher levels

Without restriction to modslots and mod capacity there cant be build variety because you can just throw on everything. So a limitation does make sense. Just adding modslots would probably just end up being boring powercreep. On the other hand we do have a lot of basically mandatory mods. Crit secondaries pretty much have only one open slot.

So i guess some sort of exilus like modslot but for guns could give us more variety in builds. Then again guns would need an increase in mod capacity if we got another modslot.

I wish there was a dedicated Augment slot. It always seems like a waste putting in a good Augment, instead of a good stat mod. And Augments aren't even that necessary. You can do ESO as Saryn fine without Regenerative Molt, as an example.

I would like special weapon mods like aura slot to increase the capacity of the mods and give certain advantages to the weapon. For example, all of the aura to increase the ammo pickup could be slipping there. Or making ammo eaters less voracious. Changing the type of shooting would be great, too. I want my semi-auto Ogris back.

Edited by zhellon

On 2019-07-18 at 12:55 AM, Blexander said:

I wish there was a dedicated Augment slot. It always seems like a waste putting in a good Augment, instead of a good stat mod. And Augments aren't even that necessary. You can do ESO as Saryn fine without Regenerative Molt, as an example.

That's the whole point, you make the choice. Do I want extra functionality of this ability? or boost this stat? That's why different builds exist. Otherwise you'd just put in every possible good mod in and there would only ever be one build.