Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does negative Plat banning work?

(XBOX)D00M INCARNATE

Question

So how does negative Plat banning work? Does the first person who traded with the badguy get banned? Does the first and second person? How many people get the platinum pulled from their accounts?

If it's pulled from everyone's accounts that have touched the bad plat, you'd think it'd be a bigger problem in the community. Every day you log in, another little bit of Plat would be missing from your account.

If it's a finite number of accounts, you'd think it'd quickly turn into Plat laundering and then the bans are a moot point.

I understand you should avoid trading with low level players....but what if a fellow high MR player accepted thousands of Plat from a low level player and then I (not knowing he'd traded with a low level badguy) traded the high level MR player and spent my plat. Am I going to get dinged? This system seems.................really messy...

Edited by (XB1)D00M INCARNATE

6 answers to this question

No one knows, I guess. It's messy indeed. People say to make screenshots of your trades, wait a few weeks or even a month after trading greater amount of plat, and so on, but at the end of the day, you can't know for sure if it will go missing from your account or not. All you can do to avoid a ban if you trade regularly is to take all precautions you can. Don't accept deals seem to be "too good", don't spend your traded plat right away, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Typo

5 hours ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

Yeah, it's kind of weird that no one is responding with an answer...does DE recognize the issue?

I'm sure they do, they just don't have a good solution, so they do not change anything, not communicate anything towards the players. Just like the problem of host migrations, everyone knows about it, but (as far as I know) DE doesn't say anything about that either, they just try to work around it at best.

On 2019-07-18 at 3:50 AM, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

So how does negative Plat banning work?

Person A buys 4300 Plat and trades 2000 to Person B and 2300 to C.

Person B trades 500 to D, 100 to E and 900 to F, Person C trades 800 to Person G, 600 to H, 300 to I and 400 to J.

Person A charges back and is 4300 in the negative, he gets banned (maybe permanent).

Person B had 500plat (2000 - 500 - 100 - 900) and lose them. If he gets into negative, he is also banned (not permanent) and needs to buy Plat from DE.

Person D lose 500plat as well, E lose 100plat and F 900.

Person C lose 200 plat (2300 - 800 - 600 - 300 - 400), G lose 600, H 300 and J 400 plat. All who drop into negative have to buy plat from DE (soft banned). 

If you can proof how/when you lost the plat (screenshots) you can file a ticket and support will restore your items (not sure about unveiled Rivens). Plat is always gone so always try to be in the positive

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Person A buys 4300 Plat and trades 2000 to Person B and 2300 to C.

Person B trades 500 to D, 100 to E and 900 to F, Person C trades 800 to Person G, 600 to H, 300 to I and 400 to J.

Person A charges back and is 4300 in the negative, he gets banned (maybe permanent).

Person B had 500plat (2000 - 500 - 100 - 900) and lose them. If he gets into negative, he is also banned (not permanent) and needs to buy Plat from DE.

Person D lose 500plat as well, E lose 100plat and F 900.

Person C lose 200 plat (2300 - 800 - 600 - 300 - 400), G lose 600, H 300 and J 400 plat. All who drop into negative have to buy plat from DE (soft banned). 

If you can proof how/when you lost the plat (screenshots) you can file a ticket and support will restore your items (not sure about unveiled Rivens). Plat is always gone so always try to be in the positive

Thank you for the explanation! Can I ask how you know? It makes sense, but if you have a good source/personal experience that'd be helpful 🙂

• Like 1