Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Rework (Discussion)

Cheroma

I feel as though Ember has just been left in a really Off place, no one wants to use her in the current Meta and I feel she could use a Solid reword, like Excaliber got. 

My thoughts were having her 'World on Fire' get moved to her Passive with a buildup meter the more she uses her other Abilities, have her 'Fire Blast' become her new 4th Ability. Maybe replace her 3rd ability with something Crowd Control or even Movements, like a jet of flame she uses to propel herself or a directional Cone of fire that Shoves enemies and gives allies weapons firing through it a Flame effect, while also destroying enemy rounds. This is just what I have in mind, completely open to Critiques. Ember is one of my Favorite frames and I hate where she is in the meta at the current moment.

This rework Encourages Ember users to use her other Abilities as well as provide a solid amount of CC to allow her to augment her team in a positive light while also being the Wave clear she was before the rework.

1 hour ago, MarauderMatt said:

I feel as though Ember has just been left in a really Off place, no one wants to use her in the current Meta and I feel she could use a Solid reword, like Excaliber got. 

My thoughts were having her 'World on Fire' get moved to her Passive with a buildup meter the more she uses her other Abilities, have her 'Fire Blast' become her new 4th Ability. Maybe replace her 3rd ability with something Crowd Control or even Movements, like a jet of flame she uses to propel herself or a directional Cone of fire that Shoves enemies and gives allies weapons firing through it a Flame effect, while also destroying enemy rounds. This is just what I have in mind, completely open to Critiques. Ember is one of my Favorite frames and I hate where she is in the meta at the current moment.

This rework Encourages Ember users to use her other Abilities as well as provide a solid amount of CC to allow her to augment her team in a positive light while also being the Wave clear she was before the rework.

But how would Fire Blast becoming her fourth ability change anything about the power itself? You didn’t really give us any concrete details on what changes you would want done to the ability either. Actually, your Rework could use more detail in general for anyone to know how you would like to see Ember redone properly. 

Fire Blast is currently her worst ability, regardless of how weak WoF is. Reasons:

1. A very specific hitbox

2. A knockdown/back that cancels other CC

3. A duration based stationary ability

She needs to be more properly oriented towards being a DPS frame. Right now, she has a little bit of CC, a little bit of buffing, and a little bit of DPS, so she excels at nothing and that's very bad. Usually when frames have that, they make up for it in tankiness or sustain, of which, she has neither.

She, and Heat damage as a whole, are do for a complete rework, with Accelarant staying unchanged because it's genuinely a great ability. I personally don't want to see anything resembling WoF and Fire Blast in her kit anymore, nor her passive.

Edited by Blexander

5 minutes ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

But how would Fire Blast becoming her fourth ability change anything about the power itself? You didn’t really give us any concrete details on what changes you would want done to the ability either. Actually, your Rework could use more detail in general for anyone to know how you would like to see Ember redone properly. 

They could Change it from a Large AOE knockback to A Large AOE Damage ability that ignites people. I'm leaving out Concrete details for a more open discussion as I have very little experience in the way of Balancing, and as Blexander said "Right now, she has a little bit of CC, a little bit of buffing, and a little bit of DPS, so she excels at nothing and that's very bad. Usually when frames have that, they make up for it in tankiness or sustain, of which, she has neither." This is why I think a solid rework is necessary, Either make her a CC frame or DPS, instead of that awkward middle ground she's in right now. We could even say Rework the Ult to a Buff ability 'Inner Fire' or something that give her team a buff. The other way is to make her abilities apply stack to enemies that make them take more and more damage from her the longer they're in her area, that gets set off by 'World on Fire' as a passive.

Thought about a similar concept (scaling WoF as passive) but the problem is sometimes you dont want to damage enemies. While there are certain possibilities in specific missions (like no damage against unaware guards in spy missions) I dont see how you´d prevent enemies like Semaris capture targets, kavats, or other future objectives from getting cooked.

But I wouldn´t scrap everything. Some kind of endless stacking passive that provides damage to all of her abilities could make things like Fireball and Fireblast actually worthwhile.

Edited by Arcira

Same thing I always say:

Change Heat procs so their damage stacks. Ember is now awesome.

Also change her passive so that she gains Energy/sec and bonus Strength for each nearby enemy that is on fire, instead of herself. Ember now gets rewarded for igniting enemies, not herself.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Same thing I always say:

Also change her passive so that she gains Energy/sec and bonus Strength for each nearby enemy that is on fire, instead of herself. Ember now gets rewarded for igniting enemies, not herself.

I'm actually not against this.  Except I'd give her old flame cloak back.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Same thing I always say:

I´d support this if:

1.) WoF benefit from the damage increase but doesn´t provide stacks which means WoF has 0% base heat proc chance. Or at least very low chance simply because it would make other abilities redundant for this purpose.

2.) Weapon can´t generate stacks nor do they benefit from them because it would make certain setups mandatory.

Also I wouldn´t say she would be awesome. Even if the scaling issue can be solve she is lacking in terms of survivability, (charged) Fireball and especially Fireblast are still quite meh. And other minor stuff like mixed element don´t benefit from her stuff etc.

Edited by Arcira