Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bring alerts back!

jojokaizer

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Heard yes, by the community. Not by the Devs.

The devs tend to keep a close eye on the community. They won't read every thread, every response, and pin your name up on a wall, obviously, but they tend to keep an eye on the general direction community opinion points. Doesn't mean they're going to involve themselves in the conversation, which is a bad idea. Any time they say something, we'll take it as a "promise" even if they're just spit-balling.

This is why, even in devstreams, they rarely say exactly what their plans are. Plans change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The devs tend to keep a close eye on the community. They won't read every thread, every response, and pin your name up on a wall, obviously, but they tend to keep an eye on the general direction community opinion points. Doesn't mean they're going to involve themselves in the conversation, which is a bad idea. Any time they say something, we'll take it as a "promise" even if they're just spit-balling.

This is why, even in devstreams, they rarely say exactly what their plans are. Plans change.

Oh yeah, that is definitely a given. I agree with you fully on this. 

Given that there is an official space for feedback though? It would be much more effective going there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Misleading in the sense, given your reply gives the implied message that it will be heard. 

Heard yes, by the community. Not by the Devs. Which as we've seen for all the feedback posts we have in GD. Or rather, an expectation that the Devs will take note of a feedback post in GD. 

That, and well, the same old drivel does get boring. 

I didn’t mean posting in GD will get you heard by the devs. The reality of the situation is that the more popular the post the more attention it gets. Naturally.

If someone wants to discuss their feedback with people, that’s okay, right?

—and if enough people join the discussion, the issue is likely to get noticed, right?

Much more likely than DE taking notice of a post in the feedback forum with two replies and 12 views.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

Unless NW advocates can point me where I can get 5 cat DNA or 300 Oxium by doing a single 3 min cap/ext in their beloved Nightwave, there're at least a couple of reasons for alerts to be brought back to co-exist with NW. Not to mention, how any non-def and non-interception nitain alert would still be preferable to me to spending time-limited creds.
And then, there's a newbie perspective. You and I may laugh at control modules or a neural sensor alerts, but for a new player stuck around Mars area these were a gift from heavens no less. I have a feeling that DE really doesn't want you to build any new frames or get a sentinel until you reach Jupiter and/or Void or something. Then again, you could also blame the new star chart for that.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I didn’t mean posting in GD will get you heard by the devs. The reality of the situation is that the more popular the post the more attention it gets. Naturally.

If someone wants to discuss their feedback with people, that’s okay, right?

—and if enough people join the discussion, the issue is likely to get noticed, right?

Much more likely than DE taking notice of a post in the feedback forum with two replies and 12 views.

On this yeah. Full agreement. Attention is good, but maybe not on how it's obtained. 

I'm just hesitant on the premise that it is a gamble at being noticed, vs say, multiple same topics in Feedback. Plus community exhaustion at seeing the same, occasionally unconstructive post in GD, which can lead to less sympathy, like my response for one. 

But maybe you're on the money here. Who knows really. 

If someone here can tell me a valid reason how bulletjumping into a corner 150 times during the first sortie without helping my team is an improvement over the alert system, i will never criticize nightwave again.

• Like 1

Dreamers...Dreamers...I'm disappointed in y'all... :sad:

I was hoping for better, but in the end my poll got a whopping 20 votes in 3 days...

It was close:

9 (45%) preferred Nightwave

8 (40%) preferred Alerts

3 (15%) wondered why these fools were still breathing their air (no preference)

So I guess the arguments will continue...

22 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Dreamers...Dreamers...I'm disappointed in y'all... :sad:

I was hoping for better, but in the end my poll got a whopping 20 votes in 3 days...

It was close:

9 (45%) preferred Nightwave

8 (40%) preferred Alerts

3 (15%) wondered why these fools were still breathing their air (no preference)

So I guess the arguments will continue...

Nightwave isnt so much bad is insufficient. 

A hybrid system would be best..

But lacking that, I have to go with Alerts over nightwave. 

On 2019-07-18 at 4:14 AM, Atsia said:

I disagree, Nightwave is better than alerts on just about all accounts.

this , and i don't think there is any valid argument that backs the alert system besides the trhill of limited time availability.

6 minutes ago, rhuug said:

this , and i don't think there is any valid argument that backs the alert system besides the trhill of limited time availability.

More rewarding for less time investment, less boring fishing/mining quests, less annoying quests that require ranking factions

And especially

Less scanning of nuts and berries.... I really wish I was kidding with this one... but iM not... one of the quests this week is to go around scanning nuts and berries.... seriously.. how did this pass playtesting?

Space ninja's.... scanning nuts and berries.. the humiliation...

Edited by Kconvey

3 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

More rewarding for less time investment, less boring fishing/mining quests, less annoying quests that require ranking factions

And especially

Less scanning of nuts and berries.... I really wish I was kidding with this one... but iM not... one of the quests this week is to go around scanning nuts and berries.... seriously.. how did this pass playtesting?

Space ninja's.... scanning nuts and berries.. the humiliation...

the spectre thing is just a single "QUEST" and it gived out 7k standing for NW,basically a full level.

now if we are speaking more rewards for time played the balance is absolutely not in favour of the alerts unless you are constantly logged in or checking alerts through an app and if you lose the alert is gone for god knows how much time wich basically means timegating in the old alert system was HUGE ( remember 1 cata per month? or vauban  parts? i bet you do )

fishing and mining are both thing you need to do anyway in this game (for standing and resources) unless you are a vet of both the playns and the vallis in wich case you probably spend a lot of time fishing anyway. More or less the same goes for the faction ranking, if you were not doing it you were missing out on a big chunk of the game wich includes endgame weapons, augments and mods aswell as cosmetic, again no reason you shouldnt do it (and i am not a fan of the way they've done factions in this game by the way, just look at poor poor teshin all alone in his frozen room)

in general your definition of annoying seems to encompass all aspects of warframe wich is a game about grinding activities to get stuff

the only thing i would concede is that the alerts where slightly more themathic like some people said but other then that is just straight up better, even the reward pool is way way bettter

I think cosmetics should be rotational Alerts, instead of 'competing' against much more gameplay worth stuff like reactors/catalysts/nitains in terms of NW credit costs.

Currently, I feel like losing out on good things when I want to get a good looking helmet, which didn't really happen on Alerts.

25 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

I think cosmetics should be rotational Alerts, instead of 'competing' against much more gameplay worth stuff like reactors/catalysts/nitains in terms of NW credit costs.

Currently, I feel like losing out on good things when I want to get a good looking helmet, which didn't really happen on Alerts.

Yeah unless you are swimming in reactors and nitian. you really cant afford to get any of the cosmetics or even vauban. 

1 hour ago, rhuug said:

the spectre thing is just a single "QUEST" and it gived out 7k standing for NW,basically a full level.

now if we are speaking more rewards for time played the balance is absolutely not in favour of the alerts unless you are constantly logged in or checking alerts through an app and if you lose the alert is gone for god knows how much time wich basically means timegating in the old alert system was HUGE ( remember 1 cata per month? or vauban  parts? i bet you do )

fishing and mining are both thing you need to do anyway in this game (for standing and resources) unless you are a vet of both the playns and the vallis in wich case you probably spend a lot of time fishing anyway. More or less the same goes for the faction ranking, if you were not doing it you were missing out on a big chunk of the game wich includes endgame weapons, augments and mods aswell as cosmetic, again no reason you shouldnt do it (and i am not a fan of the way they've done factions in this game by the way, just look at poor poor teshin all alone in his frozen room)

in general your definition of annoying seems to encompass all aspects of warframe wich is a game about grinding activities to get stuff

the only thing i would concede is that the alerts where slightly more themathic like some people said but other then that is just straight up better, even the reward pool is way way bettter

Grinding frames, bosses, relics, resources are all fine. The game is a looter shooter.... not farmville or Stardew valley, and I mean those games are fine when Im in the mood for them.

5 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Grinding frames, bosses, relics, resources are all fine. The game is a looter shooter.... not farmville or Stardew valley, and I mean those games are fine when Im in the mood for them.

please elaborate

53 minutes ago, rhuug said:

please elaborate

When Im in the mood to go fighting...Im  not in the mood to scan fruits, nuts and berries. I want to play warframe, not make trail mix. Crafting and gathering can be fun, I mean Terraria is one of my favorite games of all times.

But here.. it feels tacked on and pointless. 

Edited by Kconvey

5 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

When Im in the mood to go fighting...Im  not in the mood to scan fruits, nuts and berries. I want to play warframe, not make trail mix. Crafting and gathering can be fun, I mean Terraria is one of my favorite games of all times.

i see you are still on that one, you do realise it is one single elite weekly quest do you? plus it's less grind then a level of any faction but with arguably higher value rewards

@Kconveyin the time that you have started complaining about nightwave you could've been done with this week's challenges. And yet here you are, wasting time whining and wasting other people's time with your repeated need to have the last word. But I guess it's better to waste time here so you have more excuses to throw instead of playing the game like you're crying about not being able to do, right?

23 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Then don't do it. Some of us like having variety.

You don't need to do every single Act to get to rank 30.

2 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

@Kconveyin the time that you have started complaining about nightwave you could've been done with this week's challenges. And yet here you are, wasting time whining and wasting other people's time with your repeated need to have the last word. But I guess it's better to waste time here so you have more excuses to throw instead of playing the game like you're crying about not being able to do, right?

Or farmed up his Kavat genetic code.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 hours ago, MingCR said:

If someone here can tell me a valid reason how bulletjumping into a corner 150 times during the first sortie without helping my team is an improvement over the alert system, i will never criticize nightwave again.

Or or or you just play the game normally and get the challenge done in like 3 simple missions and not choose to do it purposely the worst way possible somehow blame the game for your mistake. 

8 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I did do it, I did not find it interesting, engaging or fun in any way. But I did it. 

Nightwave is not as good as the Alert system. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Or or or you just play the game normally and get the challenge done in like 3 simple missions and not choose to do it purposely the worst way possible somehow blame the game for your mistake. 

Nightwave is a bad system that is implemented badly. I mean Alert wasnt perfect, but its better than this.

1 minute ago, Kconvey said:

I did do it, I did not find it interesting, engaging or fun in any way. But I did it. 

ok i get that's your opinion but your reasoning it's kinda petty dude

Edit: also double posting ain't going to help you rack up points

Edited by rhuug

6 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Oh no,  I'm not falling for that one. I start trying to reason with you and you have a new excuse or a lame argument for alerts ready to go. Your opinion is not a fact, and I don't care for yours in particular. 

Edited by Sajochi

2 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Nightwave is a bad system that is implemented badly. I mean Alert wasnt perfect, but its better than this.

You have yet to provide any good examples that it is better you just keep saying that's it's better cause you said so. And and people for nightwave have (unlike you) provided reason for nightwave being the superior system over and rng system of rng rewards 95% were credits and endo of so little value that isn't a point to doing them. You haven't even provide an argument the original topic of this thread, kavat codes alerts. Those alert that only gave 5 codes and only happened once a month, how is that more effective than actually farming the codes and making more kavats than the alert could ever provide?