Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bring alerts back!

jojokaizer

2 hours ago, Atsia said:

I disagree, Nightwave is better than alerts on just about all accounts.

I disagree.  DE implementing a limited version of the classic alerts system ALONG WITH Nightwave would be the perfect way to keep all player types and parties happy.

Choice in play style and reward acquisition used to be a more prominent thing in Warframe when it came to combat rewards.

It was always a strength of Warframe.

Ticking Clock mechanics applied to specific, non-combat and conditional combat challenges are as offensive to some as the randomness (but still cyclical) nature of old alerts is to others.

I say both.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I disagree.  DE implementing a limited version of the classic alerts system ALONG WITH Nightwave

But there would be literally no benefit to that.

Nightwave does everything Alerts did... better.

The reason people like you are so mad about this is because you feel like you HAVE to do it. When... you don't.

How do Alerts NOT give you the same feeling when you realize you slept through the Alert for that ONE cosmetic helm you've been hunting for months?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The reason people like you are so mad about this is because you feel like you HAVE to do it. When... you don't.

Wrong.  It doesn’t.  And your assumption is wrong.  Mad? 😆 I appreciate and sometimes like Night wave.  

I’m advocating for choice on a limited scale.

Back when I was a newer player, Nightwave likely would have turned me off and DE would have seen far less of my money.  I might have left.

It does not serve newer players better or those who can’t attack the challenges daily...tick-tock. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

How do Alerts NOT present you the same feeling when you realize you slept through the Alert for that ONE cosmetic helm you've been hunting for months?

You can ignore Nightwave; but you're not going to get anywhere soon without things like Catalysts, Reactors, and nitain. The reality is, Nightwave is something you have to do if you want anything of worth, but dont want to pay plat.

For me personally, I hated Nightwave because I had to disrupt my entire play schedule, and rebuild it around grinding out the daily tasks. An awful experience that contributed heavily towards my current state of burnout.

There's not harm in running alerts along side Nightwave; alerts are actually ignorable, unlike Nora.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I disagree.  DE implementing a limited version of the classic alerts system ALONG WITH Nightwave would be the perfect way to keep all player types and parties happy.

Choice in play style and reward acquisition used to be a more prominent thing in Warframe when it came to combat rewards.

Ticking Clock mechanics applied to specific, non-combat and conditional combat challenges are as offensive to some as the randomness (but still cyclical) nature of old alerts is to others.

I say both.

If alerts didn't gain the rewards NW has, what would be the point in keeping alerts? People would just complain they're "forced" to do NW due to superior rewards compared to alerts either way.

43 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

How do Alerts NOT give you the same feeling when you realize you slept through the Alert for that ONE cosmetic helm you've been hunting for months?

because you would have 2 ways in getting it and not just one. you could get lucky and alert would drop what youve been saving for OR if you dont get lucky via alert at least you know you can get it through the nightwave. having multiple ways of getting an item is never a bad thing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I say both.

Agreed. Player choice is good. Not to mention the inevitable 3-4 week gaps between NW seasons. 

Alerts can work along side NW and as a good filler between NW seasons if reworked to-do so. There are many ways to rework alerts posted in feedback over the years. 

Alerts can also be a nice lore driver. As I believe alerts will come back in the emperyiam update. 

Simply put, Alerts and NW can coexist like Kuva floods and siphons coexist with Kuva survival. And I believe they should. Alerts should have never been removed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

This is false on many levels. One is not better than the other. They both have pros and cons. That said, where they are similar tho is that they both encourage you to play the game. All alerts needed was to be reworked to work alongside NW, not just outright removed. I think removing them was a mistake. 

In fact if we still had Alerts reworked, after you got your 40k standing in NW for the week, there is a good chance you'd and many others would play little longer if a alert popped up that you wanted to do. I know I would. 

( Example: oh look a alert to defend a Solaris colony from the Infested, and I get 3 Nitain or a radiant relic or whatever? Well don't mind if I do. )

Alerts can be a good thing. Alerts can be a good filler between seasons. Alerts can drive the Warframe narrative. And Alerts can give players more choice. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 2

So Nightwave is forced for having a week to help Clem, this week's most time consuming event, but having an hour to do a Defection for Nitain was the pinnacle of player freedom?

I'm curious, are people only baiting or trolling these days. What did alerts give you that you found so useful? And before helmets are brought into this:
1. Now you get a lot more rewards than some cosmetics of debatable quality
2. Just because you "could" get 3-4 in a week doesn't mean you'd get them quicker. I myself have spent all my creds on helmets.

Also, before someone throws this out there, your MR1 buddy wanting to build Vauban Prime is not a real example of how new players struggle with Nitain.

Liked the format? Sure, but don't pretend it wasn't a total disaster, "a cool alert" , unless you somehow found enjoyment in a lv12 cap I don't see what that could have been and "that you need" popped up once in a blue moon.

5 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

seriously, two seasons of this nightwave is enough. I miss the days of logging on and seeing a cool alert that I need, or randomly carrying a friend or new player on some alerts they need.

So you'd rather have a slot machine-esque system that rarely ever gives you what you want over something that gives a lot more freedom in doing what you want to get the things you want?

this grindwave is completely soul sucking. it's already making me not want to play cause of the forced activities.

No one said you had to, and even if you only do the elites you're still probably going to get close to rank 30 by week 10. 3 tasks, and maybe 3 4500's and you get all of it. You only need 60% of those done to finish.

we already have riven challenges to bore you to death, do we need another mode to reward mediocre rewards locked behind a huge grind?

Again rivens are optional as well.

been playing this game since the beginning, and saw this game improve every year. this is NOT the right direction, change please!

Most said the same thing about PoE, and I could agree with many of their points. here? Not so much. Unfortunately bringing back OG alerts isn't an option and this is already set up to reward for a low amount of effort.

On a developer note this likely won't go away because of how easy it is to continue without requiring dozens of staff to run it. If you want faster normal content, this is the way you get it without working DE into an early grave.

seriously, two seasons of this nightwave is enough. I miss the days of logging on and seeing a cool alert that I need, or randomly carrying a friend or new player on some alerts they need. this grindwave is completely soul sucking. it's already making me not want to play cause of the forced activities. we already have riven challenges to bore you to death, do we need another mode to reward mediocre rewards locked behind a huge grind? been playing this game since the beginning, and saw this game improve every year. this is NOT the right direction, change please!

I am confused. I feel this system is way better than alerts. On most accounts the nightwave challenges are completed passively by simply playing the game as you would normally. The alert awards are strangely still present however this time you choose what you buy with credits rather than crossing those fingers for something other than a 2k credit reward for a low level survival. You can strangely enough still do the things you complain about not being able to do anymore by looking at your daily and weekly challenges and going with a group of friends to knock that junk out AND on top of that there seems to be a fairly rewarding progression system in the seasons require as much time investment as you want into them and are presented to us in a way very much akin to the affinity challenges and are nifty little mini events to break up the sameness of the daily grind. 

Shame we can't run polls on here.

There are evidently two pretty strong camps on the issue of Nightwave vs Alerts. Judging from the posts I've seen, there seems to be a roughly 50/50 split.

If you feel inclined, cast your vote here...

https://linkto.run/p/OIX65NHE

Results here...

https://linkto.run/r/OIX65NHE

EDIT:

------

Feel free to pick option 3 if you don't really have a preference... :wink:

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

I m not saying to not improve on the alerts, I m saying to bring that format back.  you really enjoy doing these boring "fetch" quests every week? it's essentially a prolonged tutorial with pity rewards in the end.

Yes, because they're things I actually do instead of upending whatever I'm doing to jump on an RNG mission in an RNG time with an RNG reward than most of the time I already had it is a what I wanted. And then the pain of seeing something I do want, but it was only ever when I'm at work or asleep. So yeah, alerts were way more like fetch quests than NW. I can do what I want at own pace to get the rewards I actually want.