Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bring alerts back!

jojokaizer

10 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

You can ignore Nightwave; but you're not going to get anywhere soon without things like Catalysts, Reactors, and nitain. The reality is, Nightwave is something you have to do if you want anything of worth, but dont want to pay plat.

For me personally, I hated Nightwave because I had to disrupt my entire play schedule, and rebuild it around grinding out the daily tasks. An awful experience that contributed heavily towards my current state of burnout.

There's not harm in running alerts along side Nightwave; alerts are actually ignorable, unlike Nora.

No, my point is that you don't have to do everything Nightwave. The amount of total standing it takes to hit rank 30 is only 300k, when 10 weeks of Nightwave will net you 435k if you do everything. For that matter, the 150 Cred you get from rank 1 gives you 50 Nitain when you only need about 80 for all the BPs that use it.

So, to be more accurate, you don't have to do everything. Don't force yourself to play a specific way because of Nightwave - log into Warframe when you feel like it. Do whatever Nightwave challenge when you feel like it. You'll still hit rank 30. You'll probably go past it.

That's exactly how I played Series 1 - Not only did I skip 1-2 Acts a week, but I skipped the first week or two of it because... I didn't feel like it. I still hit rank 46.

I actually dislike the changes they made to Acts for Series 2. Giving us less Weekly Acts, but making each one give more Standing, is more punishing for when we choose to skip an Act. Instead of bending over backwards to make sure we like every Act in our queue, they should give us more freedom to just ignore the ones we dislike.
(I still want to be able to "decline" an Act, and force it to cycle to a different one)

8 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

This is false on many levels. One is not better than the other. They both have pros and cons. That said, where they are similar tho is that they both encourage you to play the game. All alerts needed was to be reworked to work alongside NW, not just outright removed. I think removing them was a mistake.

Well, sorry, but I disagree. The RNG nature of Alerts, combined with their complete and utter lack of worth, means that Nightwave is better.

I literally haven't done an Alert in YEARS. I have everything Alerts could offer. That's why I only spend Cred on potatoes - not Nitain, helmets, weapons, or aura mods. They gave me *zero* reason to log in. I stopped paying attention to the Alerts screen, ever, and I genuinely wish I could tell Lotus to STOP telling me about new Alerts.

I will admit Nightwave isn't PERFECT, but Alerts had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

15 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

seriously, two seasons of this nightwave is enough. I miss the days of logging on and seeing a cool alert that I need, or randomly carrying a friend or new player on some alerts they need. this grindwave is completely soul sucking. it's already making me not want to play cause of the forced activities. we already have riven challenges to bore you to death, do we need another mode to reward mediocre rewards locked behind a huge grind? been playing this game since the beginning, and saw this game improve every year. this is NOT the right direction, change please!

I do miss the old Alerts waking up random times to grab that Nitan and other resources, and it would have been cool if they kept it, because there are players who don't want to grind this way for resources, but it is something new, so give it more time and see how things will turn out for Season 3. They are reading Feedback. That being said, I'm enjoying the Nightwave. I'm glad to see better stuff this season than the last, which is an improvement. That Protosomid Shoulder Guard :O.

They do need to add better stuff for the Cred Offerings. Maybe cool and new Fashion Frame/Op goodies, attachments, weapons, etc. You don't really "have" to do the Riven challenges. I can see where you coming from with the force activity for Nightwave, because, if I'm wrong, now that Alerts are gone there is no other way to gather Nitain; unless something changed and I missed it.

Edited by Mardomus

Alerts were better, they gave more rewards over time for even the most casual player

The only thing nightwave is better at is cosmetics and nitian. Otherwise alerts were just a better system. 

And Mining/fishing is NOT fun for a great many players, its a boring chore. 

I miss the 300 Oxium and 300 Cryotic alerts, TBH.

Going 32 extractors with Limbo is pretty boring over shooting up an easy exterminate for a tenth of the reward.

Also, you can never have enough Oxium. What if another VAUBAN P appears?

1 minute ago, Kconvey said:

Alerts were better, they gave more rewards over time for even the most casual player

Flat out lie, cause casual players got screwed by alerts random times of activating and the random reward pool. A reward pool that was mostly 95% meek credit rewards and endo amounts that nevered helped and you can gain more in a normal mission run.

People who defend alerts keep forgetting that The. Rewards. Were. Garabage. And. They. Happened. RANDOMLY. Sure 300 oxium is helpful but not when it only happens every other 2 weeks and it took like what months for potato alerts, kavat genes, and kubrow eggs to show and that not putting in account of it happening in 3 am in the morning when I'm trying to sleep for my job. How is that more friendly to casual new players?

Also the helpful to new players is another BS lie. Yeah that endo alerts i real helpful when it's located on the 14 planets that they don't have unlocked, "but they can get taxied" most new players don't know how to work the various chat windows and probably don't know they can get transported to areas they haven't unlocked.

12 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

OP pls respond

Your baseless plea to return an ineffective rewards system that's more severely time-gated than NW is futile MUAHAHAHAHA

an ineffective reward system that a large group of people want back?  alerts added the excitement of logging on and seeing something you want or helping friends you invite to play the game it allows more COOP options from friends and guilds. shuttling used to be a thing. it allowed you to play for a short period of time and get a reward. the current system forces you to GRIND for ages if you want some of the later rewards.  part of the fun of warframe has always been the pick up drop it game play. I don't need or want to grind for 3 or 4 hours to get a weekly quota for rewards. grindwave isn't timegated, it's grindgated. and grinding for some of the dumbest objectives.  like I said, I already have rivens to make me want to vomit, don't need another mode for that.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Flat out lie, cause casual players got screwed by alerts random times of activating and the random reward pool. A reward pool that was mostly 95% meek credit rewards and endo amounts that nevered helped and you can gain more in a normal mission run.

People who defend alerts keep forgetting that The. Rewards. Were. Garabage. And. They. Happened. RANDOMLY. Sure 300 oxium is helpful but not when it only happens every other 2 weeks and it took like what months for potato alerts, kavat genes, and kubrow eggs to show and that not putting in account of it happening in 3 am in the morning when I'm trying to sleep for my job. How is that more friendly to casual new players?

Also the helpful to new players is another BS lie. Yeah that endo alerts i real helpful when it's located on the 14 planets that they don't have unlocked, "but they can get taxied" most new players don't know how to work the various chat windows and probably don't know they can get transported to areas they haven't unlocked.

why do people like you think that alerts can't improve? the amount of time they dumped in to grindwave, they could have made a more robust and engaging alert system. grindwave is just a lazy way for them to dump tasks on to players and dangle a reward in the end.  and you keep saying rewards are bad in alerts, who's to say they can't ADD the current rewards on to the alert system?  I enjoy grinding for the most part, but i do not enjoy being forced to do tasks I don't want to do. fishing, mining, finding caves, staying in kuva for x amount of time, etc.  I got to PICK the alerts I wanted to do and if the reward was worth it, grind wave forces me to grind for items I don't want or need on the way.  that's the big difference.

Alright it seems you're ignoring all the POVs presented by people above you, but I'll bite: *cracks knuckles*

24 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

an ineffective reward system that a large group of people want back?

A large group = vocal minority =/= majority

alerts added the excitement of logging on and seeing something you want

Who says NW doesn't have that? *logs in* ooh pet my Kubrow act? ez. Done, now I can grind something else

or helping friends you invite to play the game it allows more COOP options from friends and guilds. shuttling used to be a thing

Who says NW doesn't have that? One of the acts in S1 has doing something with your friends or clanmates, but nobody liked that

it allowed you to play for a short period of time and get a reward.

Same with NW

the current system forces you to GRIND for ages if you want some of the later rewards. part of the fun of warframe has always been the pick up drop it game play. I don't need or want to grind for 3 or 4 hours to get a weekly quota for rewards. grindwave isn't timegated, it's grindgated. and grinding for some of the dumbest objectives.

AHH OHMAIGOD no one told you to grind everything in a single day. there's DAILY, WEEKLY and ELITE WEEKLY, you don't even have to finish all of them to get all the rewards

you can mix up your goals, like finishing the dailies and elite, skipping ones you don't like and STILL get rewards

Warframe is the game you want it to be, you can play in short bursts, or you can grind. You don't work hard, you don't get rewards. You don't feel it's fun, you leave, simple as that. You can speak for yourself but not for the majority of the playerbase who spends weeks grinding off resources or warframe parts they wanted and never complained.

You came as entitled as the guy who's complaining that Vauban has to be paid with Nora creds

like I said, I already have rivens to make me want to vomit, don't need another mode for that.

Rivens are rivens, they are a separate entity, they do not disappear if you did not complete them in time, unveiling are mostly (if not entirely) a one-time challenge, there are no challenges telling you to do something for days or weeks

Edited by RamonLeeYJ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

I enjoy grinding for the most part, but i do not enjoy being forced to do tasks I don't want to do. fishing, mining, finding caves, staying in kuva for x amount of time, etc.  I got to PICK the alerts I wanted to do and if the reward was worth it, grind wave forces me to grind for items I don't want or need on the way.  that's the big difference.

If the alerts told me to do some missions like mobile def/archwing I will groan, but if I don't do it, I'll miss the rewards and no way to get them except wait for the next God-knows-when alert.

But with NW, I can skip that act and do other acts, see? It's flexible. I didn't do the specter thing cuz I don't like it, but others I finished them.

1 minute ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Alright it seems you're ignoring all the POVs presented by people above you, but I'll bite: *cracks knuckles*

A large group = vocal minority =/= majority

Who says NW doesn't have that? *logs in* ooh pet my Kubrow? ez. Done, now I can grind something else

Who says NW doesn't have that? One of the tasks in S1 has doing something with your friends or clanmates

Same with NW

OHMAIGOD no one told you to grind everything in a single day. there's DAILY, WEEKLY and ELITE WEEKLY, you don't even have to finish all of them to get all the rewards

you can mix up your goals, like finishing the dailies and elite, skipping ones you don't like and STILL get rewards

Warframe is the game you want it to be, you can play in short bursts, or you can grind. You don't work hard, you don't get rewards. You don't feel it's fun, you leave, simple as that. You can speak for yourself but not for the majority of the playerbase who spends weeks grinding off resources or warframe parts they wanted and never complained.

You came as entitled as the guy who's complaining that Vauban has to be paid with Nora creds

Rivens are rivens, they are a separate entity, they do not disappear if you did not complete them in time, unveiling are mostly (if not entirely) a one-time challenge, there are no challenges telling you to do something for days or weeks

you don't seem to be getting the point. if you don't like doing an objective, it's not going to go away. who wants to log in just to find another chore you don't want to do? and is forced team survival no tanks, kuva 1+ hour? cause that's not fun or interesting. warframe USED to be the game you want it to be, till grindwave came. now it literally forces you to play things you didn't want to if you want the end rewards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jojokaizer said:

you don't seem to be getting the point. if you don't like doing an objective, it's not going to go away. who wants to log in just to find another chore you don't want to do? and is forced team survival no tanks, kuva 1+ hour?

Hey speak for yourself, a 15-wave defense alert is boring, these are challenging and fun, gives me the excuse to come out of my solo to find squads, you just want things to be easy dontcha

aaaaaaaaaaaand you seem to forget that sorties exist.

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

No, my point is that you don't have to do everything Nightwave. The amount of total standing it takes to hit rank 30 is only 300k, when 10 weeks of Nightwave will net you 435k if you do everything. For that matter, the 150 Cred you get from rank 1 gives you 50 Nitain when you only need about 80 for all the BPs that use it.

So, to be more accurate, you don't have to do everything. Don't force yourself to play a specific way because of Nightwave - log into Warframe when you feel like it. Do whatever Nightwave challenge when you feel like it. You'll still hit rank 30. You'll probably go past it.

That's exactly how I played Series 1 - Not only did I skip 1-2 Acts a week, but I skipped the first week or two of it because... I didn't feel like it. I still hit rank 46.

I actually dislike the changes they made to Acts for Series 2. Giving us less Weekly Acts, but making each one give more Standing, is more punishing for when we choose to skip an Act. Instead of bending over backwards to make sure we like every Act in our queue, they should give us more freedom to just ignore the ones we dislike.
(I still want to be able to "decline" an Act, and force it to cycle to a different one)

It may work for some people, but for me, and probably others like me, it doesn't. I have very limited playtime, so I can't just "log into Warframe when you feel like it". Not to mention some of the Nightwave tasks do interfere with what I usually do. Things like, kill profit taker, do 3 rescue missions, do 4 vaults, do 4 halls of ascension, or kill silver grove spectres. And those missions are typically the ones that payout the most. During the Intermission, I was doing nothing but Nightwave, and I still only reached rank 10, which was very frustrating. And that Intermission ran alongside things like Hostile Mergers and Plague Star. Same with Series 1, I had to balance Nightwave with Thermia fractures, and that series gave a very bad opening impression; by making you use specific gear in every mission, if you didn't want to get one-shotted by a boss who was nothing more than a crock of bull. And despite all my efforts, I just barely managed to drag myself past rank 30, with only 3 days left to spare.

Nightwave needs alot of work in order to be balanced for all players.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

I have very limited playtime, so I can't just "log into Warframe when you feel like it".

In other words, Alerts would be absolutely worse for you, because you're likely to miss out on the Alerts you would care about.

Meanwhile, anytime you log in and feel up to doing Nightwave, you can. That's the biggest benefit of Nightwave over Alerts.

Instead of logging in during the specific hour on the specific day that it's active, you can log in ANY time of the week, and do it.

It sounds like I get more free time than you, but I do work 50-60 hours a week, and I do have a life outside of gaming with plenty of adult responsibilities, and I find that Nightwave is a much more relaxing system. I can do Nightwave when I have time to do it, instead of forcing myself to log in to Warframe so that I don't miss an Alert. This also frees me up to actually enjoy other games for once, since I can log in to Warframe when I actually feel up to playing it.

During the Intermission, I was doing nothing but Nightwave, and I still only reached rank 10, which was very frustrating.

...If that's the farthest you could get by doing ONLY Nightwave when logging in, you may not have enough free time in your life to do any gaming at all, tbh.

Not trying to judge you. I'm just saying... you maybe need to do something about your life. You don't want to work yourself to death.

A week's worth of Nightwave Acts only takes me 2-4 hours tops. Only the challenges like "Do the Index for 3 rounds without the enemy scoring!" takes a long time, because I'd keep messing it up and having to start over.

if you didn't want to get one-shotted by a boss who was nothing more than a crock of bull.

If you died to the Wolf, it's literally because you let him hit you. All of his attacks were heavily telegraphed, AND he walked really slow. If anything, his fugitive buddies were the real threat.

some of the Nightwave tasks do interfere with what I usually do. Things like, kill profit taker, do 3 rescue missions, do 4 vaults, do 4 halls of ascension, or kill silver grove spectres.

All of those Acts you mention... take practically no time at all. (Hint on Vaults: Take Limbo with Tigris P, equip all 4 keys, run the Derelict Capture. Goes much faster)

Except maybe Silver Grove, because farming Apothics is stupidly tedious.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Just now, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Instead of keeping half of the player base unhappy why don’t they bring the alerts back and keep night wave and make everybody happy

The half the player base that's unhappy are listing complaints about Nightwave that apply to Alerts even more. They're not using logic. They're simply using emotion to justify their resistance to change.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

It seems like half the players want alerts back half the players want night wave why not do both and make everybody happy 

it's a tiny minority of a tiny minority that posts on the forums.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

It seems like half the players want alerts back half the players want night wave why not do both and make everybody happy 

That "half" you talk about are just very loud.

Most people who go online to say something about a video game, do it to complain. If they're happy, they're playing it.

Unless you're like me and lurk forums to kill time out of boredom (or to stall).

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

That "half" you talk about are just very loud.

Most people who go online to say something about a video game, do it to complain. If they're happy, they're playing it.

Unless you're like me and lurk forums to kill time out of boredom (or to stall).

That’s what I do too 

7 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

In other words, Alerts would be absolutely worse for you, because you're likely to miss out on the Alerts you would care about.

Meanwhile, anytime you log in and feel up to doing Nightwave, you can. That's the biggest benefit of Nightwave over Alerts.

Instead of logging in during the specific hour on the specific day that it's active, you can log in ANY time of the week, and do it.

...If that's the farthest you could get by doing ONLY Nightwave when logging in, you may not have enough free time in your life to do any gaming at all, tbh.

Not trying to judge you. I'm just saying... you maybe need to do something about your life. You don't want to work yourself to death.

If you died to the Wolf, it's literally because you let him hit you. All of his attacks were heavily telegraphed, AND he walked really slow. If anything, his fugitive buddies were the real threat.

I didn't mind alerts because I viewed them as nothing more than bonus missions. I didn't watch them like a hawk or set up special notifications for them; if I missed out, it sucked, but I'd move on. Again, if you only do Nightwave when you feel like it, you're not going to get very far.

I can play for about 2hours, every other day. Seems like a lot right? No, it's really not, I have to manage my time carefully and divide it up between: relics, gathering resources, re-leveling forma'd frames, grinding for vaulted relics, leveling regular frames, and playing the sortie.

And while it seems like I'd be able to complete Nightwave tasks while doing my regular stuff, it's really not the case. A number of the missions, especially elite weeklies, make you complete tasks under a specific condition, or force you into playing a node you normally wouldn't. If I'm running bounties, I'm not going to stop and mine six gems or try and catch some rare fish.

Initially, I died to the Wolf (and for clarification, when I say the Wolf, I am also including his minions) because I primarily play squishy frames like Nyx, Banshee, Nova or Capacitance Volt, and preferred running missions with nothing more than the Falcor+Pyrana P. I'm not some endgame player with arcanes and min-maxed mods, I have a setup the works well for me.

For me, the most painful part of Nightwave, is the fact the end rewards are things that I want, and I'm not going to get those things unless I doing nothing but Nightwave tasks. I'm not asking to be given those things for free, and I don't shy away from grind, but Nightwave was just to much.

Edited by (PS4)The1stAzrael
typos

1 hour ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

AHH OHMAIGOD no one told you to grind everything in a single day. there's DAILY, WEEKLY and ELITE WEEKLY, you don't even have to finish all of them to get all the rewards

OHMIAGOD no one told you to do every alert, you don't have to finish all of them to get the rewards alerts always come back around.

If you don't like alerts ignore them. 

But they should still be reworked and brought back. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

39 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Initially, I died to the Wolf (and for clarification, when I say the Wolf, I am also including his minions) because I primarily play squishy frames like Nyx, Banshee, Nova or Capacitance Volt, and preferred running missions with nothing more than the Falcor+Pyrana P. I'm not some endgame player with arcanes and min-maxed mods, I have a setup the works well for me.

I play Capacitance Volt. I am telling you that not dying to the Wolf doesn't require mods.

It requires you to dodge his attacks, which is easy. I don't use the min-maxed mod builds either because I simply don't have those mods. Derelict vaults are not friendly to me.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

If I'm running bounties, I'm not going to stop and mine six gems or try and catch some rare fish.

That takes 5-10 minutes tops. There's a specific cave northwest of the Transit Depot that gets me all 6 of either mining or fishing, every time.

I get that your time is limited, but you're vastly over-estimating the amount of time it takes to do these tasks, or else you need to change your approach to doing them.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 hour ago, jojokaizer said:

you don't seem to be getting the point. if you don't like doing an objective, it's not going to go away. who wants to log in just to find another chore you don't want to do? and is forced team survival no tanks, kuva 1+ hour? cause that's not fun or interesting. warframe USED to be the game you want it to be, till grindwave came. now it literally forces you to play things you didn't want to if you want the end rewards.

Hahahhahahahahahhahahahahhha .... ahahahahahhahahahahahahha 🤣🤣🤣

This why i really like to read the nightwave threads! Peoples stupidity and ignorance never ceases to amuse me.

So we have "RamonLeeYJ" who Perfectly explains to you why your so wrong about NW at each of your arguments but in the end you act like a spoil brat that does the "nananana cant hear you" thing and brush everything with yet another easily debunked argument but his time as a main point as to why "RamonLeeYJ" is wrong! Good show my boy,good show.

"if you don't like doing an objective, it's not going to go away"

Sooo wait for the end of the week and challenges reset for the new ones or is it impossible for you to ignore it until then?

"warframe USED to be the game you want it to be, till grindwave came"

Mmmmmm let me tell you my experience with "grindwave". I skipped 2 challenges each week,one Elite and one simple weekly one,also a few daily here and there. And i reached the end of NW long before it was announced that they are extending it. After which i played the game without looking what the challenges required of me to do and played as much casually as possible. And guess how much surprised i was when at each first game session for the first day of the new challenges each week i COMPLETED HALF of them without knowing what they required of me to do!!!Well that was my experience with "grindwave" and i must say it was challenging but it was no where near grindy as you make it sound!

27 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

But they should still be reworked and brought back. 

😑

Pretty much every month before NW there was a at least one thread that was labeled "alert system needs a rework" or "the alert system needs to be improved". And in each of them most of the comments were of the type "it needs improving , they need to rework it" and that's it. No real explanation as to how that should happen or in what way, just those two words over and over again. Well there were some people with a function brain in there heads who had one proposal but one and just that one proposal "extend the alert timers to 12 hours or 24 hours".

BUT in the end DE did rework the alert system after all those years and guess what sunshine they reworked it into NW. But now people like you complain that they don't like the rework even if in the end you all don't really know in what way should the alert system be rework into.😕🙃