Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bring alerts back!

jojokaizer

55 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

When Im in the mood to go fighting...Im  not in the mood to scan fruits, nuts and berries. I want to play warframe, not make trail mix. Crafting and gathering can be fun, I mean Terraria is one of my favorite games of all times.

But here.. it feels tacked on and pointless. 

Even i, have some different moods.

I want to kill stuff? I boot Warframe, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 2 or Team Fortress 2.

I feel to play some indie games? Freedom Planet, Terraria, Castle Crashers, Slime Rancher, Enter The Gungeon, Cortex Command, Don't Starve Together and Starbound are here.

I think about playing some Sandbox? Then Terraria, Garry's Mod, Starbound, Cortex Command or Minecraft goes.

I need some strategy? No problem, Empire Earth and Plague Inc. Evolved are in my help.

I want to play on multiplayer? Warframe, Spiral Knights, Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft to the rescue.

I want to hear some kickass soundtrack? Freedom Planet and Castle Crashers gives me that.

I need some puzzles? Portal 2 is active.

I want a modded experience, try modded maps, use modded items, applying modded skins, listening to modded soundtrack and/or play in a modded server? Team Fortress 2, Plague Inc. Evolved, Spiral Knights, Terraria, Enter the Gungeon, Cortex Command, Starbound, Don't Starve Together, Minecraft, Garry's Mod, Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead has the power to do that.

I'm bored? Then one of the game mentioned.

34 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Nightwave is a bad system that is implemented badly. I mean Alert wasnt perfect, but its better than this.

You need to explain why you think alerts were superior to Nightwave. Like what The Neko Otaku said:

32 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

You have yet to provide any good examples that it is better you just keep saying that's it's better cause you said so. And and people for nightwave have (unlike you) provided reason for nightwave being the superior system over and rng system of rng rewards 95% were credits and endo of so little value that isn't a point to doing them. You haven't even provide an argument the original topic of this thread, kavat codes alerts. Those alert that only gave 5 codes and only happened once a month, how is that more effective than actually farming the codes and making more kavats than the alert could ever provide?

6 hours ago, rhuug said:

i see you are still on that one, you do realise it is one single elite weekly quest do you? plus it's less grind then a level of any faction but with arguably higher value rewards

Ohhh you have no idea...

This week, you must grind a faction to full rep to even get the HONOR of attempting the task, and thats not hours, or days, its weeks of work!

Please elaborate on how nightwave is better.

Edited by Kconvey

10 hours ago, MingCR said:

If someone here can tell me a valid reason how bulletjumping into a corner 150 times during the first sortie without helping my team is an improvement over the alert system, i will never criticize nightwave again.

uhhh you know those count up over time right not do 150 in one mission do at least 150 in well lets see if its the first daily given you would have roughly 4 days to do 150 bullet jumps 

i did it in 2 missions and didnt even know it was a challenge your really scrapping the barrel if your criticizing NW over one of the most basic methods of movement in the game 

bullet jumping in a corner doing nothing for your team? yeah no valid reason you should choose to be doing that sounds like an asinine thing to do imho however playing the game normally with a added jump here or there depending on how often you do it makes far more sense as you doing the challenge and helping your team 

Just now, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

No, if you're burning out you're doing this whole thing wrong.

Blitzing through months worth of rep content in a couple weeks to get the reward..thats a great way to burn out.. oh look whats up on Nightwave, a challenge that requires burning through a very very long rep grind if you are new or returning... well.... surprise me silly.

They are actively encouraging players to play wrong then.. congratulations..

42 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Please actually provide how alerts are better. You have yet to do an arguement besides radio woman bad

Oh she's awesome, no doubt about it. Look I love her voice, the evolving story, the cutscenes all that. Its all about the rewards though. 

The rewards are junk, the missions are annoying, new and returning player unfriendly and some of them are just totally whack. The new fight a boss, that requires MAX, yes MAX rep with Orb Valis. 

1 minute ago, Kconvey said:

Oh she's awesome, no doubt about it. Look I love her voice, the evolving story, the cutscenes all that. Its all about the rewards though. 

The rewards are junk, the missions are annoying, new and returning player unfriendly and some of them are just totally whack. The new fight a boss, that requires MAX, yes MAX rep with Orb Valis. 

You do know you can skip the elite weeklies entirely and still hit r30 and above? Alerts are more player unfriendly and whens the last time an alert gave you slots for anything? I'm walking out of nightwave with 500% more beneficial rewards than that garbage lootbox in disguise snooze you lost system

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

You do know you can skip the elite weeklies entirely and still hit r30 and above? Alerts are more player unfriendly and whens the last time an alert gave you slots for anything? I'm walking out of nightwave with 500% more beneficial rewards than that garbage lootbox in disguise snooze you lost system

Gonna be honest - I wish the slots were a Cred purchase.

I don't need more robotic slots until they release more Sentinels and/or MOA parts and/or Hyenas. Two series in a row now I've gotten them for free, so it's an empty rank for me. Free Warframe slots are always nice, but should still probably be optional.

That being said, they really need to either make every rank reward Cred, or have every Act reward an amount of Cred. It's given out way too sparingly considering the Cred Offerings rotate weekly.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 hours ago, Kconvey said:

gated missions are bad if you want to complain about them specifically make a topic, i am sure you'd get more support then here where we all can see you are not beign logical.

also is just weekly elites and what you say about NW rewards vs alerts is simply false, not only alert had a smaller prize pool but the "algorithm" was totally out of wack and wat you got was mostly nitain nitain nitain untill the last year of alerts when you started getting mods with a decent frequency but even then they were always the same and god forbid you'd be online for forma alerts.

so like i said your opinion as it stands is easily countered by facts (at least for those who played/remember the alerts) and quite frankly you are disservicing anyone who wuold have more then your 1 reason to prefer the alerts over Night wave by saying stuff like "returning player not friendly", i mean it's not even clear if you are saying the system is not friendly to returning player or returning player aren't friendly to you (a possibility i am starting to consider after reading your last posts)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Gonna be honest - I wish the slots were a Cred purchase.

I don't need more robotic slots until they release more Sentinels and/or MOA parts and/or Hyenas. Two series in a row now I've gotten them for free, so it's an empty rank for me. Free Warframe slots are always nice, but should still probably be optional.

That being said, they really need to either make every rank reward Cred, or have every Act reward an amount of Cred. It's given out way too sparingly considering the Cred Offerings rotate weekly.

see this i agree with, granted you are speaking of nightwave cred

also the fact that after the first 150 cache they give you just 50 each time is just bull S#&$ to refraing you from cashing in on catalysts

p.s. sry for double post, i just didn't want to taint this by putting it in the previous one

Edited by rhuug

I have already said it, but the fact reward pool 'crashes' pure cosmetics (helmets and weapon skins) with stuff that can improve gameplay (reactors, catalyst, by extension some weapons, mods and Nitain) feels not so great.

Now I am actually pretty good on mod/nitain wise, but it would feel extra disappointing for newer players to get feeling of missed out when they want some fashionable hats because that will be limiting their almost immediate gameplay, and I feel that should change.

Also yeah, some of slots feel very 'wasted' as rewards because I really don't need that but I guess it's for newer players so it doesn't annoy me much.  Although giving use option to pick which slots would be awesome. (Always need more weapon slots as hoarder!)

I enjoy nightwave, I remember years ago having phone alerts and browser open to hope to catch a nitain extract.   With my work and family schedule I was lucky a score a couple to a few a week.   New setup is wonderful, first rank gives you plenty of cred, use that to get loads of nitain.  Don't need nitain?  Well get some other goodies.   

10 hours ago, rhuug said:

see this i agree with, granted you are speaking of nightwave cred

also the fact that after the first 150 cache they give you just 50 each time is just bull S#&$ to refraing you from cashing in on catalysts

p.s. sry for double post, i just didn't want to taint this by putting it in the previous one

It's pretty much the only reason I have to push past rank 30. So I can have the freedom to spend all the Cred I want.

And it was the one thought I had about Nightwave from Series 1 - that once I was getting 15 Cred from every rank up, I could actually use the Cred Offerings.

Which isn't at all friendly to newer players, who are the ones who would most need those items. So why not make it so each Nightwave Act gives 10 Cred? Maybe the Elite Weekly Acts could even give more.

12 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Then excuse me... But why not tell us about the rewards you want? Like "More creds, more weapon/warframe/robotics/amp slots, augment mods for weapons such as Opticor, Euphona Prime, Staticor, Arca Plasmor, Tigris Prime, etc..."?

13 hours ago, Kconvey said:

The rewards are junk, the missions are annoying, new and returning player unfriendly and some of them are just totally whack.

>Alerts had the same rewards.

>Most of the alert missions were the same.

>Most of the alerts were in other planets, so players couldn't get them, and also timed.

Just to remind you that while Nightwave is flawed, Alerts were no better.

The new fight a boss, that requires MAX, yes MAX rep with Orb Valis. 

Aside from the fact that Profit Taker came before Nightwave:

1) If you didn't reach the max rank before Nightwave, sucks to be you. Even i didn't reach the max rank (i'm still doing the quest), but do i complain? no.

2) It's an elite weekly, which you can skip it. Like i did with the challenges about gilding or fishing.

3) Be thankful that the requirement "with friends or clanmates" was removed.

17 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Ohhh you have no idea...

This week, you must grind a faction to full rep to even get the HONOR of attempting the task, and thats not hours, or days, its weeks of work!

But should we?

Aside the fact that the faction benefits are more kitgun blueprints, Moa blueprints and Arcanes for Kitguns, is really important to get the max rank just because "Mhh, Profit Taker"? It's possible to SKIP IT. It's not a problem if you don't want to do the challenge.

The new fight a boss, that requires MAX, yes MAX rep with Orb Valis. 

While I will agree that's not new player friendly, I feel the need to remind you that you don't have to do every Nightwave Act to hit and surpass rank 30. I actually skipped this one every time in Series 1 and I still hit rank 46.

I frankly feel like Proft Taker should only require the 3rd rank of Solaris standing. 🤔

Edited by DrakeWurrum

10 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

While I will agree that's not new player friendly, I feel the need to remind you that you don't have to do every Nightwave Act to hit and surpass rank 30. I actually skipped this one every time in Series 1 and I still hit rank 46.

I frankly feel like Proft Taker should only require the 3rd rank of Solaris standing. 🤔

Its not only new player unfriendly,. its unfriendly to returning players as well

I mean seriously, do they want new players to quit before they even start?

2 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Its not only new player unfriendly,. its unfriendly to returning players as well

I mean seriously, do they want new players to quit before they even start?

Yes, because sitting around waiting on a random care package of a mission for rewards even newer players would pass up on are better.

Do you pro alert players even think before you post this stuff?  Because this "alerts were way better!" mentality is bordering on meme status at this point.  When your entire case is basically debunked by a single fact (RNG rewards gated by an RNG time table for an RNG crowd), it might be time to face reality.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-17 at 10:01 PM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Over the course of years i have gotten all the alt helmets and other stuff. Did it without being glued to warframe 24/7.

I use my creds to stockpile catalysts.

I work a regular 40hrs, do yard work, shop for groceries, cook, sleep, and have other hobbies when i am free. Its not impossible to get everything over time.

Yep, and you did exactly what DE intended with the game: collect stuff over time. People arguing for alerts seem to think they can get everything instantly (there's that instant gratification thing again) when it took years to do. NW is simply alerts done right and fits the "play it your way" model of Warframe...but it would be dumb of them to allow players to just grab all there is to grab instantly. Hek, you see how vets are complaining about it after 6 years, imaging 6 months!

Well.. here is my 5 cents, I started more or less 400 days ago, so I was very familiar with the Altert system for when NW apparead and:

1. Alerts where quite unfriendly for new players when a rare alert was happening in a locked node and you did have anybody to taxi you there of if they appeared when you didn´t have time to play. I was stll missing a few helmets for example until NW arrived.

2. Having only one task hard to do is not the end of the world. Is like @(PS4)GEN-Son_17 says, you can play in the way what most suits you. In seson 1 I ended rank 38 without even trying much. I understand the concep of instant gratification and that is a thing to keep under control or... the current state of the gamming industry with microtransaction and loot boxes dont ring a bell?

3. I do agree with the point about credits being a bit scarse for people lacking lots of cosmetics or things like reactors, if they correct that a bit, we are golden.

4. Also I like the way of telling short stories with the transmisions, diffcult thing to do with the Alerts.

2 hours ago, KikuVasNormandy said:

Well.. here is my 5 cents, I started more or less 400 days ago, so I was very familiar with the Altert system for when NW apparead and:

1. Alerts where quite unfriendly for new players when a rare alert was happening in a locked node and you did have anybody to taxi you there of if they appeared when you didn´t have time to play. I was stll missing a few helmets for example until NW arrived.

2. Having only one task hard to do is not the end of the world. Is like @(PS4)GEN-Son_17 says, you can play in the way what most suits you. In seson 1 I ended rank 38 without even trying much. I understand the concep of instant gratification and that is a thing to keep under control or... the current state of the gamming industry with microtransaction and loot boxes dont ring a bell?

3. I do agree with the point about credits being a bit scarse for people lacking lots of cosmetics or things like reactors, if they correct that a bit, we are golden.

4. Also I like the way of telling short stories with the transmisions, diffcult thing to do with the Alerts.

I dont think we need to fully bring back alerts.

What we need is to surprisingly and counter intuitively cut the rewards for nightwave, keep it, then layer alerts on top of that. So people who are done with nightwave or who cant do the nightwaves for whatever reasons can still get something or do something.

On 2019-07-18 at 10:41 PM, RamonLeeYJ said:

Alerts are more flawed than Nightwave. No it is not a solution let alone great. NW has variable acts that does not restrict any players including MR, weapons, mods, warframes, age, gender, sex, race, religion, class, and culture

you misread my post as i suggested them together.  and yes NW has several restrictions such as fortuna lvl 5 and onslaught quest.  i was correct