Jump to content
(PS4)OmegaSlayer

Bring back elite in ESO

Recommended Posts

I know this idea will be very divisive but I guess many will understand where it comes from
Lately reaching the end of the 8th zone of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught has become harder and harder
Mostly because people joins those runs with the idea of not going on the more they can
For a lot of people ESO is just Hydron 2.0, you go there, finish to level up your weapons than leave, most of the time leaving your team crippled and condemned to not reach the 9th zone (4th rotation) or further, because unless you bring a meta frame like Saryn, Equinox, Volt, the chances are very slim for a team of 3 or less non meta frames to reach the 4th rotation
I'm not one of those guys that likes to play the meta or force other to play the meta, so everyone should be able to enter ESO with whichever frame they want, play to the best of their abilities and enjoy the hell out of it, because it is a somewhat fun mode
But entering ESO to do 3 zones then leave defies the concept behind the game mode, which is the challenge
An odd number of zones really points out that people does it to rank stuff up, as they don't even wait the end of the even rotation for the reward
So, what I'd ask to DE is to remove the chance to leave Elite Sanctuary Onslaught between zones, or, but I'd like the idea way less, prevent people to join it without all maxed equipment (which would be stupid, as a 5 forma unranked weapon is way stronger than a rank 30 weapon without forma)
So, a player who enters Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, really does it for the challenge and for the co-op experience and respects the other players desire to push forward
To level up there's always the base Sanctuary Onslaught that has just a tiny bit less of affinity
So, yeah, bring back the "Elite" concept in ESO, but not in a "1337" way, just in the "I want a challenge and I go from beginning to end in it"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Applause 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is just normal Sanctuary Onslaught with a different loot table and level.

It is the same, actually.

There is nothing special about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Bring back" implies there once was something.

  • Like 11
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want others to play by your rules then go to recruiting chat. You also dont need to have the frames that you mentioned. A good melee weapon on a Mirage or a Mesa can easily reach rotation C.

  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make ESO similar to sorties but must have rank 30 everything.  Yes it will elminate the hydron 2.0 leveling but it will also make it more likely to get a squad that wants to go somewhere.  

  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:
I know this idea will be very divisive but I guess many will understand where it comes from
Lately reaching the end of the 8th zone of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught has become harder and harder

Just take Saryn. She can solo it just fine. Spores are OP.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

so everyone should be able to enter ESO with whichever frame they want, play to the best of their abilities and enjoy the hell out of it, because it is a somewhat fun mode

Do whatever you feel like doing, and win anyways? That's not how video games work.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is called recruit chat. Try it. You'll like it, I believe

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Bring Back Elite in ESO"

Then

5 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Lately reaching the end of the 8th zone of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught has become harder and harder

What don't you get about 'elite'?

If your team quits they have the right to its their time.

1 hour ago, bl1te said:

The thing is called recruit chat. Try it. You'll like it, I believe

This. This player got it daown.

5 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

An odd

 

5 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

idea

 

5 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

is to remove the chance to leave Elite Sanctuary Onslaught between zones

 

5 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

which would be stupid

I agree. That odd idea is what you say. I agree with this formation of your words.

 

5 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

"I want a challenge and I go from beginning to end in it"

Then y dont you go in alone instead of blaming it on your team for being smart enough to know their limits? 

u could also make friends and have a team of them. or/and communicate with your team.

Edited by SkornedBeef
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use Recruit Chat....

Im not saying you'll always find people. But I don't think I've ever done ESO with randoms where one person didn't leave at Zone 2.... thats what that game mode is now.... you're not going to randomly join a squad and make it to zone 8 all together.... someone always leaves....

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...…………………...……..what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...…………………...……..what?

question mark wtf GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Do whatever you feel like doing, and win anyways? That's not how video games work.

What an ugly attitude to have. Games are for fun matey you don’t gotta tryhard in everything.

  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

What an ugly attitude to have. Games are for fun matey you don’t gotta tryhard in everything.

I find fun tryharding where and when I can. 

Is that kind of fun now allowed? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been using Umbra in most missions but I always use solo Saryn in ESO for NW. Coz playing with other human sucks.

Never go ESO for any reason other than NW since I've got Blazing Ephemera.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:
Mostly because people joins those runs with the idea of not going on the more they can
For a lot of people ESO is just Hydron 2.0, you go there, finish to level up your weapons than leave, most of the time leaving your team crippled and condemned to not reach the 9th zone (4th rotation) or further, because unless you bring a meta frame like Saryn, Equinox, Volt, the chances are very slim for a team of 3 or less non meta frames to reach the 4th rotation

Wants people to not cripple the team as a result of their decisions. 

Cripples team as a result of the decision they make. 

 

I think that I may have an idea of why people are bailing from your squads so often. I am not saying that you should make other choices, but choices tend to inevitably result in consequences. 

  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

What an ugly attitude to have. Games are for fun matey you don’t gotta tryhard in everything.

Ain't about being a tryhard.

It's about the fact that a game presents you with a challenge to overcome, and then the following joy from success. Sometimes overcoming that challenge requires you to step outside your usual box of methodology.

If you get rewarded no matter what you do... I'm sorry, but I don't see that as fun.

49 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

since I've got Blazing Ephemera.

publishing american dad GIF

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

publishing american dad GIF

I have friends who are in the same shoes as you. Wish Ephemera's were tradeable, at least I'd have some use for these ones. 

uXN9fiS.jpg

This was me running ESO every day for the last 2 months, so I guess eventually RNG smiled on me. 

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Make ESO similar to sorties but must have rank 30 everything.  Yes it will elminate the hydron 2.0 leveling but it will also make it more likely to get a squad that wants to go somewhere.  

The only thing you need to be 30 in Sorties is the frame you can bring completely unranked weapons. 

As to the "problem" of hydron 2.0...... go to heccin recruiting chat if you don't want the randomness of a random PUG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I find fun tryharding where and when I can. 

Is that kind of fun now allowed? 

Oh no, it is. Your previous implication however that -"that's not how video games work"- is that video games are for your kind of fun only even though your "kind of fun" is the extreme minority.

 

So yes, your kind of fun is of course allowed because the "your fun is wrong" attitude is asinine. Your attitude is however piss-poor as pointed out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125 said:

Oh no, it is. Your previous implication however that -"that's not how video games work"- is that video games are for your kind of fun only even though your "kind of fun" is the extreme minority.

 

So yes, your kind of fun is of course allowed because the "your fun is wrong" attitude is asinine. Your attitude is however piss-poor as pointed out. 

Wait, I'm confused. Where did I say "that's not how video games work"?

All I said in this thread was that I like tryharding, and if tryharding was really wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no reason to go past 3rd wave in ESO. much like arbitration there are no useful rewards for that gameplay mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

There is no reason to go past 3rd wave in ESO. much like arbitration there are no useful rewards for that gameplay mode.

Idek, considering I still need the focus for my focus tree, going to 8 makes it worth it for me to cap it. Relics for ducats, or selling as prime junk is good too. 

Similarly, I like Arbitrations for Endo, especially that I haven't ranked up all my mods yet. Ayatans also sell for plat too. 

But yeah, different strokes for different folks. I guess the value of something is dependant on the worth people see in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...