Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back elite in ESO

I won't quote you all, bu I hope you read

The moment you mention "recruit chat" to solve a matter, your post switches into prank mode

Recruit chat is that place where people won't do something if you don't have a meta squad or where people doesn't know how to read the name of a relic, where people says Hosting 2 hours of Kuvival, is the host and leaves at 15 minutes, where people says 8 waves of ESO and leaves at 6

Guys, I tell you a secret: "some people lies to get what they want and they don't really give a flying d about squad mates"

The average of success for a recruit chat team, for an endless, is not any bigger than going with randoms, and YOU KNOW IT

Sorry to be blunt, but the majority that replied "go to recruit chat" just doesn't have the honesty to say "don't dare to break my toy", which, honestly, I would appreciate more as a reply

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I won't quote you all, bu I hope you read

The moment you mention "recruit chat" to solve a matter, your post switches into prank mode

Recruit chat is that place where people won't do something if you don't have a meta squad or where people doesn't know how to read the name of a relic, where people says Hosting 2 hours of Kuvival, is the host and leaves at 15 minutes, where people says 8 waves of ESO and leaves at 6

Guys, I tell you a secret: "some people lies to get what they want and they don't really give a flying d about squad mates"

The average of success for a recruit chat team, for an endless, is not any bigger than going with randoms, and YOU KNOW IT

Sorry to be blunt, but the majority that replied "go to recruit chat" just doesn't have the honesty to say "don't dare to break my toy", which, honestly, I would appreciate more as a reply

Recruit is where you can set gearchecks, squad-specific playstyles, and minimum duration. If, as you say "people lie", and mess up your run, that can count as griefing, and you can report them via support.

I've had more luck with recruited squads than pubs, so that should also say something if me and everyone else is telling you that. Pubs are simply, anything goes, do what you want. 

I don't think your reply means in actuality what you think it means, but I hope you find the gameplay and the squad you hope you are looking for. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Sorry, but I don't think this is true for at least 90% of the time. Random queue = bring anything, expect nothing from anyone. Recruit chat = built a squad with likeminded players sharing a specific goal. True, sometimes you get the occasianal "special" people in recruit chat. But most squads just function fine.

And to your suggestion to enforce all lvl30 equipment on ESO. You know, my buddies and I deliberately go there (mostly in private squads) to level stuff because it so much more efficient than Hydron. Do you really want to take that possibility away from us, because you think this would improve your random matchmaking experience?

The solution to ESO is pretty simple. DE should just add to C rotation rewards that make people  want to come back and do it again.

Things like Kuva, Riven mods, Etc.

Without that, players that already have everything have no reason to push through C rotation.

If it wasn’t for the fact that ESO is a good XP farm, it would be long dead by now.

• Like 1

I play on PC and PS4 ESO is a dead game mode...You Can't even really level weapons here anymore.  Lately it seems 80 to 90% of the people playing it just hide somewhere and don't even bring kill frames anymore.  So if you bring a kill frame and you are the only one everyone's just leeching off of you used to be most people would bring kill frames so everyone would be getting exp for their weapons... The place is worthless for me now I'm back to lvling by speed running sedna kappa (spy) it does really well when you run it like a race, its even faster if you get stealth kills along the way.

The normal sanctuary onslaught is still decent for leveling frames though you don't really need other people to kill stuff just bring a good high range melee and a few mods on your frame so you don't die easily.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Use recruit chat for ESO. I never, repeat, NEVER do ESO with randoms due to me always wanting to go to at least 8 to max out my daily focus.

Rhino, Trinity, and Volt/Saryn/Equinox are the only things I will run with. Call me a metawhore, but I've never had an issue of people leaving unless one of them disconnects.

Edited by Bioness

14 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Not on PS4

why would the platform make a difference? Not trying to flame you just wondering what it is about the ps4 that makes mesa/mirage not work for ESO. Is it the controller? Power A has a wireless controller with two programmable buttons on the paddles that are just wonderful. Basically it is almost as good as a mouse and keyboard, your thumbs never have to leave the sticks for anything. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Badger said:

why would the platform make a difference? Not trying to flame you just wondering what it is about the ps4 that makes mesa/mirage not work for ESO. Is it the controller? Power A has a wireless controller with two programmable buttons on the paddles that are just wonderful. Basically it is almost as good as a mouse and keyboard, your thumbs never have to leave the sticks for anything. 

PS4 spawns less enemies than PC, but the efficiency drain is the same.

On PC, you can easily get to zone 9 solo using only spin 2 win. You simply can't pull the same stunt off on PS4.

If you compare results from PC players and PS4 players, you see that PC players can get 4k+ kills by the end of zone 8, while PS4 players will rarely make it to the 3k kills mark.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

On PC, you can easily get to zone 9 solo using only spin 2 win. You simply can't pull the same stunt off on PS4.

If you compare results from PC players and PS4 players, you see that PC players can get 4k+ kills by the end of zone 8, while PS4 players will rarely make it to the 3k kills mark.

Interesting. I can see how that would be quite annoying. 

On 2019-07-19 at 11:05 AM, andayk said:

Sorry, but I don't think this is true for at least 90% of the time. Random queue = bring anything, expect nothing from anyone. Recruit chat = built a squad with likeminded players sharing a specific goal. True, sometimes you get the occasianal "special" people in recruit chat. But most squads just function fine.

And to your suggestion to enforce all lvl30 equipment on ESO. You know, my buddies and I deliberately go there (mostly in private squads) to level stuff because it so much more efficient than Hydron. Do you really want to take that possibility away from us, because you think this would improve your random matchmaking experience?

NOPE, I don't want to remove that chance from you guys at all, or for me for what matters, because I do the same but with weapons with at least 3 forma and with a drain start of 54

My ideal solution would be to force to run Elite version until efficiency runs out, you can bring whatever weapon unranked, level it in 8 waves and be happy, get the rewards, have fun with the mode, no one is armed

For the others there's SO, you can level up at almost the same speed, you can leave when you want but you don't give a big hassle to the players that are left

On 2019-07-19 at 9:18 PM, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

There are moments on PS4 that if you're too fast you have to wait for enemies to spawn, it happens often when you fight infested

Then when the map is big, you're doomed...major culprit being the Kuva defense tile, even with a very efficient and meta team you're destined to lose at least 30% of efficiency

By the way....I try to focus a bit more on a long post/vent

My main point is "Is it rational that someone must recruit to play a game mode the way it is intended (a timed gauntlet mode)?"

Nope, in my opinion

To this I add that recruit chat is not the way to solve problems, and I don't like to ask friends because basically I don't like the feel that a friend (I have many many many) could play a mode just simply out of friendship/kindness while they might have been interested in spending their time in maybe a different way like collecting kuva/cracking relics/whatever

Recruit chat is mind boggingly awkward for everything except cracking relics in quick missions, because people don't keep their words or start arguing about going meta, and I don't mean meta with frames but also with weapons (!!!), so finding a group to run a mission might require much more time than the mission itself and in nearly 4 years of playing I've seen an amount of stupid things I could write a book about it, but I like to mention all those guys that refuse to run whatever mission without an Energy Vampire Trinity

Until 1 week/10 days ago, playing ESO was the simplest thing ever, because people entered the match and played until efficiency ran out

Now, people has stopped to run the mode, for the sake of the mode, which leads me to think that somewhere/somehow/someone just spread the idea to go there to level, which I don't condemn at all (I myself bring weapons to level up, but weapons that have like 4 forma already and I'm MR27 so I start with a 54 drain), but I also ask to respect the other players that just want to run the mode, and I don't see this respect

Yesterday it had been another collection of failures, first of all I tried recruit and didn't find 1 (ONE) player wanting to run the mode up to (at least zone 8), go figure a team

So I played random matches

In one of those matches I joined, I popped in a run where there was this MR8 guy with a Rhino (non prime) with an unranked MK1-Paris at 1 minute from the end of the 1st zone with 34% efficiency left

A MR27 Volt Prime joined together with me and we brought the efficiency to 94% in around 30 seconds, the efficiency boons still had to be collected, and what did the MR8 guy did? He left the match, host migration, game restarts at 77% efficiency, all the buffs gone and whatever

I would have never left because of a low MR player, I would have tried to carry him at my best the longer I could, despite him having the wrongest setup, but he left us

Then, same-ish story with a MR4 guy

Then another guy that after having got Lith W1 Rad entered the 3rd zone, typed "that's all I needed" and disconnects, obviously he was the host...

And then people leaving at odd rounds (without getting to the rotations) or whatever

So I think that someone spread the idea to go there and exploit the mode which is surely faster than others, but it killed the mode itself, that before the latest 10 days (Wukong release I'd say...easy Lith W1 rad acquisition), worked just fine

The game mode is fun (although not perfect), much more fun than Arbitration and on par with Disruption (which has really bad rewards), but somehow it is getting butchered by the selfishness of players

So I think it's legit to ask for correction to avoid exploiting the mode, not because I don't want people to exploit it per se, but because it damages the enjoyment of players who likes it; it's about respect to other players

As I respect even dumb choices like a MR4 player joining ESO with inadequate gear I like to be respect in my desire to play a mode

I didn't like Raids, but when they got removed I fought along side the ones who liked them because "why removing something some people like?"

On 2019-07-21 at 8:28 AM, Yamazuki said:

Just have a "Level up Sanctuary" and then make ESO level 30 gear.

Then again, people who leech would be against that due to not being able to level anything up when the other 3 are also leeching.

I'm not against levelling, I really think that ESO without extraction and play until efficiency runs out would work better for everyone

I don't want to ruin the game for who plays, I want to ruin it for those that have no respect for other players

16 hours ago, George_PPS said:

If you don’t want to use or bring a meta frame for any game mode, recruit players who want to and can stay 8 zones with you. Problem solved.   What do you usually use for ESO? 

LMAO not even yesterday with the Nightwave requirement people from recruit kept their word to go 8 zones

1 dude left at 6th zone and 1 dude left at 7th AND the guy who left at 6th tried to leech all the time going to hide in corners, where he stayed until I found him and waypointed him...it was hide and seek

Sorry, but anyone suggesting recruit is really in denial and mostly you shouldn't have to resort to recruit to play a mode like it is meant to be which is a time attack/gauntlet mode

16 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

LMAO not even yesterday with the Nightwave requirement people from recruit kept their word to go 8 zones

1 dude left at 6th zone and 1 dude left at 7th AND the guy who left at 6th tried to leech all the time going to hide in corners, where he stayed until I found him and waypointed him...it was hide and seek

Sorry, but anyone suggesting recruit is really in denial and mostly you shouldn't have to resort to recruit to play a mode like it is meant to be which is a time attack/gauntlet mode

I've never had any problems with recruit at all. Usually the pubs I bring in, or join perform as expected. 

Maybe the problem is you? Do you do gearchecks, check mr, ask how pubs are building their kit if you have doubts? 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

What exactly are your most used frames and weapons for ESO? 

ESO is the tragedy of the commons in videogame form. It is exploited for selfish reasons, mainly to leech exp and leave upon maxing a weapon with an affinity booster.

So many people do it that over the mid and long term, levelling ends up being slower and more annoying for everyone, because it becomes an endless sequence of 2 to 4 minute host migrations resulting in incomplete weapons that need just 1 or 2 more waves.

The exp distribution incentives people to join for 1 to 3 waves and do nothing. Hope you have a Saryn/Volt to kill things faster than efficiency drain or you are better off leaving early and queuing again, wasting even more of the time you "have a right to".

Even the well intentioned people who leave early to equip a mod or a weapon to improve their kill speed end up not helping themselves or the teammates they leave behind because it just trashes the mob count. They end up short of exp and queue another 1 or 2 waves that cuts short your next weapon.

Its a complete disaster pile. People will almost always go with the fastest, easiest, most convenient way to satisfy their immediate self interest and PUG ESO crumbles in the face of that.

I joined a tridolon konzu pug yesterday for the hell of it and in that rag tag mob there was more wordless co-operation going on than anything Ive seen in sanctuary onslaught and thats a real shame. Dont get me wrong, that konzu pug was a complete mess but everyone was trying to achieve the same goal for mutual beneficial interest. SO could have been something if there was a singular goal that all types of players could get behind and try to achieve and bonus affinity could be a part of it.

Edited by Lolacrayola

23 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I've never had any problems with recruit at all. Usually the pubs I bring in, or join perform as expected. 

Maybe the problem is you? Do you do gearchecks, check mr, ask how pubs are building their kit if you have doubts? 

See @lolacrayola post, just above mine

Don't you realize that some people see a problem, and brings good points about it, because there is a problem, that you for some reasons refuse to see, while you just try to cut it away with "maybe the problem is you?"

Do I do gearchecks, check MR, etc?

WOW

First of all, I will never, never, NEVER, force anyone to play the "meta" to play with me

The only thing I expect a player to do is to play at his/her best and don't leech

Gearcheck is a futile useless exercise because I might see that a player has a rank 0 Karak but I can't know if that player has 6 or 7 forma on that weapon and an insane riven, unless I ask a pic of the build, but if someone does something like that, I suggest they stop immediately to play any game and go visit a good psycho therapist

Check MR

The oldie but goldie, MR doesn't mean how good you are at the game, I've seen players at MR 11 play much much better than MR 27, and the majority of leechers are between MR 24 and 27

Also, a player with low MR could have year of experience on Warframe on another platform, or even be a secondary account

But really, should I interview someone about his life before playing, that's another layer of crazy

I suppose you have at least some traits of Abusive Power and Control if you refuse to see a problem because you might exploit it, blame others and ask people all this stuff before they can play with you

8 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

See @lolacrayola post, just above mine

Don't you realize that some people see a problem, and brings good points about it, because there is a problem, that you for some reasons refuse to see, while you just try to cut it away with "maybe the problem is you?"

Do I do gearchecks, check MR, etc?

WOW

First of all, I will never, never, NEVER, force anyone to play the "meta" to play with me

The only thing I expect a player to do is to play at his/her best and don't leech

Gearcheck is a futile useless exercise because I might see that a player has a rank 0 Karak but I can't know if that player has 6 or 7 forma on that weapon and an insane riven, unless I ask a pic of the build, but if someone does something like that, I suggest they stop immediately to play any game and go visit a good psycho therapist

Check MR

The oldie but goldie, MR doesn't mean how good you are at the game, I've seen players at MR 11 play much much better than MR 27, and the majority of leechers are between MR 24 and 27

Also, a player with low MR could have year of experience on Warframe on another platform, or even be a secondary account

But really, should I interview someone about his life before playing, that's another layer of crazy

I suppose you have at least some traits of Abusive Power and Control if you refuse to see a problem because you might exploit it, blame others and ask people all this stuff before they can play with you

Well, you are raising this huge issue about recruiting chat, and players bailing. 

Hence, if you doubt the person you're recruiting, do your due diligence. Would I trust the words of a player who has maybe, 10 hydrolyst caps when I'm hosting a 6x3? Similarly, would I trust an MR10 Volt to have a solid build for ESO compared to the MR19 when both ask?

I wouldn't. It's a necessary evil. It's worked for me all this time, and I'll keep on doing it.

Good for you if you don't want to. All the power to you. I'm not you however, and I want to understand why you are having problems when I don't. If you want to flex your messiah complex, go do it elsewhere, but maybe that's why your recruiting experience fails. 

Edited by sleepychewbacca

On 2019-07-18 at 7:30 PM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:
I know this idea will be very divisive but I guess many will understand where it comes from
Lately reaching the end of the 8th zone of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught has become harder and harder
Mostly because people joins those runs with the idea of not going on the more they can
For a lot of people ESO is just Hydron 2.0, you go there, finish to level up your weapons than leave, most of the time leaving your team crippled and condemned to not reach the 9th zone (4th rotation) or further, because unless you bring a meta frame like Saryn, Equinox, Volt, the chances are very slim for a team of 3 or less non meta frames to reach the 4th rotation
I'm not one of those guys that likes to play the meta or force other to play the meta, so everyone should be able to enter ESO with whichever frame they want, play to the best of their abilities and enjoy the hell out of it, because it is a somewhat fun mode
But entering ESO to do 3 zones then leave defies the concept behind the game mode, which is the challenge
An odd number of zones really points out that people does it to rank stuff up, as they don't even wait the end of the even rotation for the reward
So, what I'd ask to DE is to remove the chance to leave Elite Sanctuary Onslaught between zones, or, but I'd like the idea way less, prevent people to join it without all maxed equipment (which would be stupid, as a 5 forma unranked weapon is way stronger than a rank 30 weapon without forma)
So, a player who enters Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, really does it for the challenge and for the co-op experience and respects the other players desire to push forward
To level up there's always the base Sanctuary Onslaught that has just a tiny bit less of affinity
So, yeah, bring back the "Elite" concept in ESO, but not in a "1337" way, just in the "I want a challenge and I go from beginning to end in it"

As someone who plays regular Sanctuary Onslaught a fair bit I can say the same problem exists there.

I prefer to complete all 8 zones, but quite often I will find other members of the team quitting after just 3-4 zones.

Personally I'd like to see Onslaught made an exception, where once you enter, the only way to leave is if you die (unlike Defence, Survival etc. where you can exit every 5 waves).