Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Reinforcements: Update 25.4.0

[DE]Megan

Just now, LORDPRIME1 said:

can we ever expect to see the focus passive showing again??

I wouldn't mind, but it was removed intentionally since they are automatically applied each mission rather than the old system.
We need a focus sink like we have for other standing systems in the game....I'm looking at you Ephemeras.

New armor is pretty.. well, bad.
Primary and secondary colors definitely should be swapped.
Even though Primary color takes the dominant amount of space, it doesn't for 85% of other armor sets.
Primary itself is few tones lighter and/or washed out than is should be (might be due to plastic'ky nature of material used).

PBR'ing old stuff is always appreciated, but this one feels wasted for me - not only because the stats are not going to be updated until 3.0 anyway, but also due to the fact that it still somehow ended with non colorable parts - white handle parts and grey joints/tips.

As for pistol, yeah, 2.7 reload within the existing gameplay realities with overwhelming amount of enemies, right, this is gonna work, sure.

Edit: can you also stop listing straight up incorrect firerate value for weapons with multiple fire iterations? Burst-mode is listed at 10.0 which is nowhere near it, it's actually 2.50 with 4 fire iterations.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

SHAWZIN DECORATION
This antique Orokin string instrument once belonged to a great Dax. The ancient ballad, “Smiles from Juran,” is one of the few known examples of music composed for this instrument. 

So, when are we getting the Vitruvian as an Orbiter decoration too? I sure would love having that on a Pedestal Prime next to my Transference pod.

Forward the idea please, i know you would want it too. ;3

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Eximus Codex entries displaying the same as their non-Eximus version.

Should i consider many vapos eximus units require 20 scans not to be a bug? DE rarely touches codex and if it's not fixed now i should brace myself with those 20 vapos crewman eximus scans.

the new toy we got seems fun but i think replacing the aoe stun on full magazine emptying with an actual recharge mechanic might be a better choice, i know its a grineer gun but it looks more like its something that should run on a battery.

on that note, when can we expect to see if the spectra gets looked at to make it a battery weapon as well.

Thanks again for another update / hotfix! The implementation of fixes and changes (and the work put into them) that help benefit the Warframe experience are all greatly appreciated, so keep up the good work. Unfortunately, I don't see any mention of fixes and solutions for the following bugs and issues in the update notes, so here's a polite reminder. Quite a few of these are long-standing issues and concerns that have been reported elsewhere by other players as well as myself.

Bugs:

- Broken animations and fx / sfx for Sarpa if attack speed is modded too high.

- Occasional loss of functionality of Exalted melee weapons when playing as a Client.

- Baruuk's Desolate Hands' orbiting daggers targeting and killing wildlife, including animals that have been tranquilized for capture as part of Conservation activities. This makes Conservation activities impossible to complete while Desolate Hands is active.

- Aiming while performing a melee attack when equipped with a Scanner results in the player switching to their Primary or Secondary weapon instead of switching back to the scanner. This forces the player to go back to the gear menu and re-enable / re-equip the Scanner.

- Zenith will randomly switch to full auto after firing a single shot when in alt-fire mode.

- Weapons glitching occasionally when Baruuk switches out from Serene Storm.

- Loss of sfx for Baruuk's orbiting daggers when they transfer to other players when playing as a Client.

- Host Migrations on Defense missions can randomly reset some player scores to zero while leaving one player's scores intact. This happens after players elect to leave or stay for the next set of waves.

- Host Migrations NOT "pausing" the game at times, wherein enemies will still attack and do damage to the player. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking.

- Failed Host Migrations resulting in a failed mission with a loss of all rewards and pickups. I know there was a fix to address failed migrations not too long ago - but I'm not sure if this part was actually addressed or not.

- During PoE bounties, hacked Drones will occasionally get stuck on terrain and refuse to move, causing the mission to ultimately fail.

- Prosecutors fail to spawn on Exterminate, Survival and Defense nodes on Ceres.

- Garuda's Talons resetting to inactive / un-deployed position after performing a melee stealth kill (naturally when no other melee weapon has been equipped).

- Energy and Emission color options still bugged / broken / half completed for certain Warframes, weapons, accessories, and abilities. You're getting there though!

- Numerous missing Codex entries, which includes enemies and PoE animals.

Balance / Gameplay-related Issues and Concerns:

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players.

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, Octavia and Mag (yes, Mag. Polarize spam is extremely effective at room clearing) still being arguably not co-op friendly by being able to dominate / nuke small defense maps with overpowered abilities. All players should be able to contribute and participate in missions in meaningful ways with whatever 'Frame they choose, not be bored to tears because someone was able to delete most of the enemies for everyone with an extremely powerful and easy to spam ability that also has massive range. Nerf nuke abilities to more acceptable levels and you'll also make CC-based 'Frames relevant again.

- Ability to turn Banshee's Soundquake on and off quickly and repeatedly, generating pulses of high range and damage that can readily and easily clear small maps.

- "Spin 2 Win" tactics dominating melee due to Maiming Strike being always available while conferring massive bonuses to an easily spammable attack move capable of rapidly clearing maps.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us for our troubles with a sub-par drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else. Yes he's "weaker" now...but he's still a boring sponge that requires little skill but substantial effort and patience to neutralize. That's not challenging. A Nox is a good example of a tough enemy that provides decent challenge and rewards the use of skill and smarts to make the fight faster.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could:

- Allow us, if it's possible, to opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be, so why not potentially intrusive abilities? Not everyone wants to be Banished or wind up running around like a Russian Dwarf Hamster on meta-amphetamines. Win-win for all, with no need for a player to have to "manually opt out" by rolling / dodging every time an intrusive ability is activated and winds up adversely affecting said player.

- Buff fashion frame / customization a bit and give us a color wheel picker to choose colors from instead of having to scroll though numerous pallets to find the color we want. Grey out color blocks on the wheel that are associated with pallets that a player doesn't own.

- Please bring back manual blocking for melee - or at least have it as an option. There are stances and a couple of mods that used manual blocking - and said mods are effectively useless now. In addition, auto-blocking can be really inconvenient and irritating. Which brings me to...

- Please stop defaulting RMB to equipping the last ranged weapon used while a melee weapon is currently equipped - Exalted included. When an Exalted melee ability is active, right-clicking switches from the melee weapon to the last ranged weapon used, forcing players to turn the ability off and then on again which wastes energy. RMB / aiming also un-equips scanners / mining tools if the player has to switch to melee in the middle of scanning / mining. Some of us hate this "switch" feature and want to be able to turn it off. You can work in a toggle so that players can "lock into" whatever melee weapon they have equipped - exalted or otherwise.

- Make Ogris fun again and give it a semi-auto trigger. Make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least), for obvious safety concerns that players have brought up.

- Please bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. Players appreciate having options and Nightwave has not been particularly new-player friendly. To add to this, a number of players have complained about how Nitain is now being effectively locked behind Nightwave credits and a very unreliable reward system (Sabotage & Cetus Bounty, the latter only when Ghouls are present).

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera and drop the resource costs substantially. It's a purely cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds. Also, if these are supposed to be a prestige item / badge of honor...they need to be a GUARANTEED reward when reaching a particular milestone. If not, lower the grind needed to acquire them please.

- Lower the cost of an individual Domestik aka "Corpus Roomba" - a mobile cosmetic - to 35 - 50p. At present, it costs significantly more than a Sentinel. 100p for something that does nothing but run around when 75p grants players a Sentinel with a weapon and useful abilities is a bit much, especially considering that most Orbiter cosmetics don't cost more than 25p.

Thanks for reading. No, I really couldn't care less if certain points I've made here are unpopular with certain members of the community. My concern is that the game be as functional, balanced, and enjoyable for as many players as is reasonably possible.

I quite like a number of cosmetics in this update!

But could colours on warframe attachments be a bit more consistent in their brightness level (or whatever it is that causes the attachments to look wildly different in colour despite sharing the colour scheme)? As  it is, this discrepancy between different parts can make combining different sets together very difficult.

Example in spoiler below.

Spoiler

9778CD557206F2127AEC68DFDE45025E345A0EBE

check the Nidina Leg Plate, particularly the left side (on picture) blue color, then compare it to the blue on the new cosmetic:

5F353D62B6662635F7C0903592131599698C10A3

Wouldn't mind if the brightness level of Kavat armours was brought down all across the board either, some are so bright that when you select second darkest black on the Smoke palette (black&white), it looks medium grey on the armour.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

AMPHIS STAFF
This traditional staff weapon is making a triumphant return! Fashioned with Grineer materials and balanced for marine infantry use, the Amphis Staff has received a monstrous makeover that enables shock damage on jump attacks. 

No one will play this complete useless weapon unless amphis gets a buff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the Amphis Staff has received a monstrous makeover that enables shock damage on jump attacks.

Eh but it always did that though? Is the slam stronger now or is there some other stat change?

DOMESTIK DRONES BUNDLE
Add one of five new Domestik Drone variants to your Orbiter for a little variety, or pick them all up for maximum Domestik diversity! Keep the Orbiter in spotless condition with the latest in Corpus sanitation technology. 

shut_up_and_take_my_platinum_sfm_version

Archived