Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We deserve a central trading hub.

PhantomRen

It is a simple fact that having resources dedicated to "Maroo's Bazaar" and requiring that any trade have to happen there or on a Dojo is a resource waste,

Many other , LESS POPULAR games have in game Auction Houses, For Warframe to NOT have one, or at the very least not have a tutorial on how to even use trading in game is just Archaic.

Any item that can be traded now, is and WILL BE an inconvenience for any new player. 

The point about the warframe.market already being a very easy way to trade contradicts with the point that bringing this in house will somehow impact F2P harder.

Either we don't have a viable option right now.. or we do and bringing it in house will help make things more secure and user friendly.

Personally, I like the trade system being so time consuming and clunky; it makes for less competition by excluding those without the knowledge or time to deal with it. The easier the trade system is to use, the more people will list their items, and inevitably, the more value of items will drop due to the nature of everyone wanting to "be the best price". I'd rather see items retain some kind value than see everything worthless and unsellable. 

48 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Personally, I like the trade system being so time consuming and clunky; it makes for less competition by excluding those without the knowledge or time to deal with it. The easier the trade system is to use, the more people will list their items, and inevitably, the more value of items will drop due to the nature of everyone wanting to "be the best price". I'd rather see items retain some kind value than see everything worthless and unsellable. 

Think i have said it many times and apologies sounding like a broken record. But Market chat in its current state is basically a hole with a bucket in it, no matter how much you try to cover it with a hand or ignore it, water will continue to drain from it, making the worth of it continue to worsen regardless of what happens. Its still a debate on basically BOTH sides will result in something going horrible.

A game that relies on a clunky system in any form to stall for keeping value on goods on things like a marketplace, is already a failed system to begin with. Since reliance on trying to keep the value of goods to have worth is also affected by other side systems that made it `easier` to obtain said goods(Relic system amiright?). Perpetual goods that currently exist would includes Ayatan statues, Fish/gems and relics. Since those are ultimately the only perpetually in demand goods i can think of that never just stop being used at all, D.E. should honestly see about expanding more options for means of perpetual marketing while trying to whittle away this main-stay notion of mods, arcanes, prime parts & riven mods taking on the majority of the main reason to use the market chat.

For example, if Kuva jars were to become a thing, i would not be amazed if those end up having insane demand due to how dominant riven mods are in the marketplace and the rich would likely pay for MANY, MANY jars, if they are rather sick of doing perpetual kuva farming themselves. Granted i am not suggesting that D.E. should include them, just giving an example of one perpetual good that would fit in the current ridiculousness of market chat.

Also, the relic system in general likely had a major hand at crashing the market value of prime parts, since it is a difficult content that not anyone can just jump in to get those rare parts back with the void key system, now its basically as easy as say a MR0 to flip-a-dip-dip fissures, likely just leech the run and end up with a bunch of rare parts with little ease. Sadly we are spoiled by the fissure & relic system, since i would honestly ENJOY if they semi-reverted it to be more of a mid-game difficult farming content, where you have to actually make void keys with special resources to even enter & it takes doing long runs to get a sizable stockpile of parts & good ones to boot, then just able to be Volt, run thru capture mission 10 times in less then 2 minutes each and have not much of a difference, except maybe even getting it done faster without having to get down/died in the more difficult content.

TL;DR: Warframe definitely needs a marketing redesign to likely create a new trend of constant in demand goods and/or fine tune certain gaming systems that were made easier, without realizing it basically created the hole in the bucket that trickled the value of these extremely time limited or hard to get goods. To where now the general populace has become lazy in trying to acquire stuff, though obviously i am talking about them not really trying to get into difficult content, content that is just frustrating due to poor design, is a completely different story then content that is a challenge.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

Of course, I'm not saying that it isn't in dire need of changes. I'm only saying that I have no issue using the broken parts for my own market advantage in its current state. This is mostly because I don't foresee it changing any time soon, nor do any of the suggestions even remotely address the vast stockpiles of items veterans have been able to amass over the years already in circulation. In cryptocurrencies, we refer to such stockpilers as "sleeping whales", since they have majority control out of plain sight. Short of an entire market re-design, this kind of inflation and potential market crash is not really addressable without having catastrophic market impact either way.

As you point out, the ease of availability of relics has had a major hand at dictating the price. I can't speak with certainty, but I suspect that the phenomenon of "relic trash for plat" traders didn't emerge until after the prime parts system migrated from keys to fissures and people were able to run speed void capture missions. Of course, there already is a form of perpetual goods (though not completely) in converting parts for ducats. The only way to make it truly perpetual is to make mods like lenses, destroyed on replacement/movement, and I just don't see that being a wise implementation or an acceptable alternative. 

What can be done, is further limit the influx of new items and increase diversity. Void capture missions shouldn't have a possible payout of every single Lith/Meso or Meso/Neo relic combination. To promote such content diversity, only certain ones should appear in certain types of missions, but that isn't the case and people overindulge on the most efficient routes (like capture). Axi relics are the only ones that retain any kind of semblance of value, because of the required time input. The shortest guaranteed route for any unvaulted Axi relic, is likely Marduk as a Sabotage, and even that can be done with relative ease and speed. However it has nowhere near as fast as a capture, and the other alternatives take about the same amount of time, so there is much debate on which is "best".

• 2 weeks later...

I am 100% on board with a market based trading system. And DE doesn't even have to remove anything, maybe just update maroo's bazaar to have a person that sells our items for a small fee. They even mentioned it at the last tennocon live stream. Someone asked about the trading market and someone on the panel said, in a very quick way, we will get to it eventually. Or something to that effect.

Edit: Oh, and I burned my dinner trying to secure a trade and then the person I was trading with found a better deal. Now because I couldn't just post an item and got distracted by the failed trade, I am out some potential plat, time, and most importantly, my mushroom risoto is burnt to a crisp. Kind of my fault for trading while cooking, but it's also DE's fault for not having a trade system yet. So yeah, rant is over. I will now be taking criticism in the form of an essay. Extra points for proper use of the word "hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia".

Note: The second half is a completely true event that was just a minor annoyance and written for the enjoyment of the reader and myself. My real problem is spending any amount of time sitting in front of a scrolling text box to trade when I can just have an npc do it for me. Don't remove the text trading for those that enjoy it and add a system that allows people that just want to play the game to trade for a lower price. I'm pretty sure that the market will take care of itself naturally. Maroo's bazaar is still thriving whenever I visit for my weekly hunts, so I don't see how that could be an issue. Oh well, I'm going to end it here. Happy hunting tenno, and thanks for reading this far if you have.

Edited by Smokefox420
Added stuffs

I agree with OP, we need a change in Warframe Market System.
But there is a bigger problem then this, the whole economy in warframe is flawed.

Trading
- Limited to Dojo, Limited to Trades per day
- Limits depend on MR
- isn't explained
- Trade Chat is a chaos, you need 3rd Party options to acutally experience a normal trading system (like in many other online games)

Items farming worth
- Most items are only needed once
- refarming only for sell, but that's limited since the demand for most items is low
That's why most "Veterans, High LvLs, Long Time Player" have no content, when new content comes, they farm it once and the fun is over.

Credits
- only farmable, not tradeable
- limited Use
- low Value

Resources
- basically same issue like credits

Mods, Prime Parts
- 90% Basically worth nothing
- 7% go for OK prices
- last 3% go overpriced
- At least "Trash Parts" have some value with Ducates
- Mods are small Endo Fodder, Ayatan sculptures are for Endo

Rivens
- mostly way to overpriced

And the Curse and Blessing, that the Premium Currency is the main Tading Currency.
1. Somehow this currency needs to find it's way into the game, and only the Plat bought by PPL is tradeable.  (That's the main moneymaker for Warframe)
(And who are those People buying it? Mostly "whales" some few people who spend big money on F2P games.)
2. Using premium Currency = removing it from the game, with the need of people to get it into the game again.
3. People who hoard Plat, without really using it (mostly player who already got everything they need) - that's Plat which is to 90% out of the market flow.

TL;DR:
- Clunky trading
- You farm most Items once
- Ingame Currency isn't much worth
- only few Sinks for most items
- extrem items value (extremly low or extremly high)
- Trading is Based on Premium Currency

Another experiment conducted.

4 out of 5 persons with items to sell on warframe.market were in fact not "online in game" 

So then I posted a total of 11 "sets" of items on same third party website. 

Which were actually for sale. 

I could not keep up with the amount of in game messages in order to sell said items in time for most of the buyers. 

It took me 3 IN GAME HOURS to sell the items in an orderly and non toxic manner. 

There are examples of a better way to do this. Many other less popular games do this. I believe Digital Extremes can as well. 

At this point it is a Quality of life issue. More so than a digital waterfight. 

• Like 1

On 2019-07-26 at 11:53 PM, Vaeldious said:

Yeah that is not how trading works

I come from EVE Online, which has not One but Two advanced very easy to use trading systems.

The market, which does what you expect and the Contracts for bulk sales of various items but you can use for sale of single items too but also has secondary services like courier and auctions.

The prices are far from stable, even PLEX which is the equivalent of plat which suppose to be by far the most stable price orientated product since its used as the main currency of the game it has been going up leaving gamer scratching their heads.

Essentially its exactly the same as the real world markets, extremely volatile and unpredictable. There are some products that because they are not popular tend to remain super stable , around 10% the rest 90% is changing all the time. Depends on the popularity of the product and the changing mechanics. People have being making the equivalent of thousands of plat and losing as much..

The competition has not been less as a matter of fact trading is considered such a ludicrous path that some players never leave their stations and do trading all day long making tons and of course losing tons. The main trade hub Jita has a so much competition what we call the "0.01 game" because it allows you to change the price by 0.01 instead of just 1 and because people do not want to drop the price of the products they sell it get insanely competitive and you have to be bound on your screen waiting for the refresh on prices to make sure you are on top 3 so you can sell easily.

Trading is already very competitive in warframe, afterall we all use warframe.market as our in game market replacement so technically speaking an official in game market wont be adding any actual value other than making trading less annoying.

Even in EVE trading is still , trading, time consuming, requiring ton of research and of course the use of third party tools is a must have , the kind that of course is endorsed by the company, if you want to make any serious profit.

Personally I do not see much difference between the prices of Warframe and EVE Online , both are highly volatile and require a day to day management.

Also even though in EVE you can make a sale even while offline, forget that you can do some serious trading like this because how ridiculously competitive that market is.

So the introduction of an in game market won't be changing the prices , they will be as unpredictable because people are unpredictable. We cannot predict real world markets with billions of euros thrown to research and huge agendas, business and political, with tons of experts, complex math, science, the whole deal and still had a huge economical crisis. What chance a game market has to be any less predictable ?

As long as the human element , or AI is involved, absolute zero.

On 2019-08-04 at 12:44 AM, Smokefox420 said:

Edit: Oh, and I burned my dinner trying to secure a trade and then the person I was trading with found a better deal. Now because I couldn't just post an item and got distracted by the failed trade, I am out some potential plat, time, and most importantly, my mushroom risoto is burnt to a crisp. Kind of my fault for trading while cooking, but it's also DE's fault for not having a trade system yet. So yeah, rant is over. I will now be taking criticism in the form of an essay. Extra points for proper use of the word "hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia".

Ok let's start with the important bits. Risotto is going to take anything from 45 minutes to an hour to cook. It's also a dish that needs regular attention, stirring often. It's a serious hazard to not pay attention when you have something on the heat, and you should not try to blame the game for your own lack of attention to detail. 

Second, the fact that you priced your item badly and lost to a better offer, is on you, not anyone else. You of all people would suffer worse under a "set and forget" system, as it would be trivial for the rest of the players in the game to undersell you all day long. 

Lastly, I'd ask if you made the risotto to go with txipirones, like what they serve in a little restaurant in the Basque country just outside of, Azpilicuetagaraycosaroyarenberecolarrea, but if you suffer from hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, you might get triggered. So I won't. 

3 hours ago, kilonalios said:

I come from EVE Online, which has not One but Two advanced very easy to use trading systems.

I come from the tropics and we can grow oranges, but I feel qualified to talk about how to grow apples. 

Eve is a game where you could take out insurance policies on your gear. Why? Is it because you may have to replace, or repair it? Things that almost never need to be done in Warframe? 

What difference do you think that makes to a game economy? Constantly having a gather more resources, and use them up? Would that create a constant demand for the items? Would that mean that even people who have previously bought or built any given item, would still be potential buyers? Would that create a system of "enforced demand" that is absolutely absent from Warframe? 

If apples are not oranges, trying to substitute them directly for one another is probably a bad idea. Don't do that. 

On 2019-07-26 at 11:53 PM, Vaeldious said:

You're describing a monopoly, though. The smaller the marker, the easier it is to manipulate and fleece the end consumer. To my eyes, that's an argument in favour of an automated trading system and a large volume of trades. The larger a market, the more the transactions per unit of time, the harder it is for a small number of individuals to manipulate prices and game the system. As a result, prices tend to be driven by supply and demand, instead. Far as I'm concerned, that's how a market SHOULD operate.

• Like 1

Every time I look at a DevStream the DE people seem so overworked, so tired, so burned out, and seem to sigh with annoyance when player concerns are brought up, if even for 5 seconds by Rebecca who then proceeds to get brutally interrupted 20 times until she changes topic.

IMO somebody inside DE said "we don't want interact-less economy, period", and that's the way it's going to be.

Every company only does radical changes when sales are in danger. And never before.

What I am saying is that I am 100% on board with the idea of an auction house without automated trading (you still have to list your item manually)... but I am definitely not going to hold my breath for it happening anytime soon.

We need to keep the player to player interaction. That always needs to be kept or else this game just becomes even more mindless and impersonal, do a mission and get out, sell your item and repeat. Most would probably form (who knows I am probably wrong, just speculating) no bond or connection with another player to grow a friendship or your clan. I know there are many who want an actual auction house, where you just post up your item either for a bid or buyout price. What that will do if more items for sale can be placed at once is create more competition causing prices to lower(good in a way but just a second). Lower prices means less plat is floating around, less plat for items, less plat someone needs to buy. Less extra money in DE pocket (less capital for them to put into more content for us) for your impersonal exchange between another player. Now the less DE gets from time and time again as prices continue to fall is what? Eventually DE's extra sources of income will whither. The player base will whither because well, it's like every game with a market. Eventually you just get burned out or bored. You have everything you want because it was so much easier to obtain. While that is not a bad thing to obtain something easy, it loses that value with you. You get burned out quicker you end playing warframe sooner, if this affects you in this way. This is just my take. I do like the idea though however of an actual Bazaar map, where it's player to player negotiation, where you set up a bigger shop to sell and you have to actually negotiate with other players, you have to go and shop around at different bazaars. I know we have maroos but that just feels cramped. Anywho. I barely trade unless theres something new in the market I want. I am not one of those platinum pigs that wants to hoard this huge amount of platinum.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

You're describing a monopoly, though. The smaller the marker, the easier it is to manipulate and fleece the end consumer. To my eyes, that's an argument in favour of an automated trading system and a large volume of trades. The larger a market, the more the transactions per unit of time, the harder it is for a small number of individuals to manipulate prices and game the system. As a result, prices tend to be driven by supply and demand, instead. Far as I'm concerned, that's how a market SHOULD operate.

Nah, a monopoly is one. That's just some sort of pseudo-oligopoly. 

And I guarantee that you won't like what happens if supply and demand actually drive our prices. Supply is potentially infinite for most trade items, but conversely, demand is highly finite. When supply is high and demand low, prices crash. 

Our economy has features that do not exist in the real world. People forget to take those into account when proposing changes. 

What do you think would happen to car prices if a car that was always infinitely reliable, never required replacing or repair was released on the market? Now add in the fact that just about everyone can just manufacture one for sale, with a little effort, what happens to prices then? Now what happens if selling cars is the major income source for 95% of the population? 

Sounds like a dream for anyone who wants a car, right? But only if they don't already have one. And sounds like a pure nightmare for anyone trying to sell a car, right? 

We already have newbs trying to sell prime junk for 20 plat to cover their expenses in the game, and being upset because nobody will pay that. Then they come in here demanding a system that they think will make people buy their overpriced wares so they can get rich overnight. 

Just this week (it's currently Tuesday) I've personally heard 3 separate people try to gently explain to a newb that "no we don't want your stuff for plat, because we already have it, whatever it is". I've repeatedly explained that they should try to get multiples of 6 pieces and sell them every other week when Baro's in town but that each y item trade will be a small amount of plat, that will add up in the long run. 

For someone like that, a market for easy sales, would be a very attractive proposition. It would also be a terrible mistake. 

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Indeed it is a monopoly of sorts, and it heavily favors those with near unlimited time to grind, coupled with those willing to spend the time attempting to locate buyers. That does absolutely nothing for the casuals that can only afford a few hours on the weekend to play. Automation or self-serve sales are by far worse than the current system for that very reason, especially since any limited supply item can easily be "duplicated" in quadruples by all 4 players selecting the same reward. Happens all the time with vaulted/desirable relics already, and thats not even getting into maximum efficiency setups like radstagger groups. Those, in my opinion, are the ones doing the fleecing by creating excess artificial supply

And of course its easier to fleece, but even .market is highly prone to manipulation, since theres no verification or checks of actual buy/sell orders. Most prices do have anchor values, and it all relates back to the time component. For example, most Lith/Meso/Neo relics stay low in value from overwhelming supply, and specific Axi relics tend to retain value based on ease of availability. Axi L4 (Loki Systems rare) is one relic that immediately jumps out and comes to mind, which had a 1:16 chance of being a reward for every ~5 minute run on Marduk.

Other items, retain a natural market cap based on how much DE sells them for, preventing overinflation in most cases, with the exception being rivens...and just look how wild and variable those prices are because of what people "think" they are worth. Even those have some semblance of time input strictly from how many rolls it took to get a specific stat set of  You'll never see a landing craft components sell for more than 50 plat, since at that point, you can just bypass the player market and buy it straight from the game market. 

Oversaturation happens all the time already, Gorgon Wraith is a prime example of it. As long as the rewards can be acquired in 1-3 minutes, it will continue to happen since you cannot sell the same thing twice to the same player in MOST cases, leading to very acute demand, and relies on a constant influx of new players to keep the market alive. This is probably why there is such a low daily trading limit of items.

All that being said, the current trading system is in line with DE's for-profit model, while also rewarding players willing to put the time in to support and help keep the game alive. It encourages you to go get whatever it is you want yourself, with the added convenience of near-instant gratification that most of western society has been tempered to. Don't get me wrong, I can see why it's frustrating to a lot of players, but I think I can understand the logic behind it.

Edited by Vaeldious

please, i would love this

it's really annoying when you just start an arbitration and someone finally messages you looking to buy and the fact my items are only showing when i'm online is inconvenient 

a system like the GE in runescape would allow my items to be up 24/7 and i won't have to worry about choosing to wait around or doing missions. plus i've had way too many cases where i message a seller and get NO reply. i don't get why interaction has to be forced or why they want it so bad... some of us prefer to be loners lol

3 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Oversaturation happens all the time already, Gorgon Wraith is a prime example of it. As long as the rewards can be acquired in 1-3 minutes, it will continue to happen since you cannot sell the same thing twice to the same player in MOST cases, leading to very acute demand, and relies on a constant influx of new players to keep the market alive. This is probably why there is such a low daily trading limit of items.

I've heard some version of this line of reasoning every time the thread comes up, but I've yet to hear a compelling reason why it hasn't happened to basically every other MMO on the market given the vast majority of them have some version of an auction house. Consequently, I'm largely unconvinced that this doomsday scenario of everybody buying what they want and the market shutting down if trades were automated is actually going to happen. The most I envision it doing is reducing the prices of overpriced items, but that's about it. You're effectively worried about competitively low prices pricing scalpers out of the market which... Yeah, as a consumer of the market, I'm perfectly fine with.

Mind you, an in-game Auction/Consignment system can easily limit issues of empty or duplicate bids by locking the item you're truing to sell, or holding the money you're offering to buy with in escrow. It's what the consignment house in City of Heroes and that didn't stop players from selling dirt-cheap items with literal thousands perpetually available at bargain basement prices. This has been true for every trading environment I've seen. When items are cheap to acquire and cheap to sell, players start selling in bulk. When I wanted to buy a particular Payday 2 skin from a random person, he took 20-30 safes (loot boxes) off me in exchange, with the intention of reselling them.

Warframe has an aberrant trading system reminiscent of outdated late 90s early 2000s MMOs. I fail to see how bringing it closer in-line with modern MMOs will spell doom in ways that it hasn't for any other game I'm aware of.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I guarantee that you won't like what happens if supply and demand actually drive our prices.

Let me guarantee in return that you don't know that for sure.

As a guy above me said, doomsday scenarios keep getting predicted and they keep not happening in many games with auction houses. So I'm not convinced. People keep doing post-hoc rationalisation of DE's stance but the fact is that none of us know for sure why did they go for the current system except for the vague and imaginary notion of "player interaction". You in particular claim people don't include important factors in their analysis but it's equally likely that you do the same.

My bet -- and I at least am not pretending to know -- is that they are not seeing a pressing need to revise the current system and that they have higher priority tasks in their backlog.

Occam's Razor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

You're effectively worried about competitively low prices pricing scalpers out of the market which... Yeah, as a consumer of the market, I'm perfectly fine with.

Honestly, it really wouldn't impact me much either way, so I'm fairly biased and don't really care for it to change. The way that it is currently set up is advantageous to my particular circumstances, and works for me. Of course, that's not true for everyone, so there will be those vehemently opposed to the current trading/market system...and even at that, I completely understand the need for it to be improved.

Then again, I don't have a desire or need to spend thousands of plat for rivens or gouge prices, nor am I claiming it will be the end "valuable" items if it does change. I'm simply stating that I can understand DE's rationale for not seeing this as an issue, or even doing anything to change it, as it works fairly well with their business model, and comparing what I've actually seen in practice in other communities to offer my opinion of what I would expect to happen.

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Steel_Rook:

I've yet to hear a compelling reason why it hasn't happened to basically every other MMO on the market given the vast majority of them have some version of an auction house. Consequently, I'm largely unconvinced that this doomsday scenario of everybody buying what they want and the market shutting down if trades were automated is actually going to happen.

Taking the opposite of those points below.

Am 4.8.2019 um 16:06 schrieb Somi_xD:

Items farming worth
- Most items are only needed once
- refarming only for sell, but that's limited since the demand for most tradable items is low
That's why most "Veterans, High LvLs, Long Time Player" have no content, when new content comes, they farm it once and the fun is over.

Credits
- only farmable, not tradeable
- limited Use
- low Value

Resources
- basically same issue like credits

Mods, Prime Parts
- 90% Basically worth nothing
- 7% go for OK prices
- last 3% go overpriced
- At least "Trash Parts" have some value with Ducates
- Mods are small Endo Fodder, Ayatan sculptures are for Endo

To sum this up:
Most MMOs allow you to trade 99% of the Items, Materials are worth something.
Until one player reaches the Point of Saturation, of No Demand - it takes very long.
And in some MMOs you need low lvl items to craft high lvl stuff, dismanteling Items to get Material or exp for some crafting skills.

In Warframe, it's pretty easy to saturate a players demands.
Because most things are not tradable.
Things you can trade are needed like 1 or 2 Times, and the only thing that holds the Warframe Economy is new players getting into Warfarme.

I agree with your point, that an Auction House (or something similar) wouldn't destroy the market like others assume.
It would drag some way to high prices to a reasonable level.

It's like Warframe is a Horse and "generic MMO" is a Camel.
The horse goes fast but will die pretty fast in the desert, while the camel is adapted to a period without fresh waterflow.
Warframes Economy dries out pretty fast as soon as the stream of new players stops flowing in.
DE can't keep it up for ever pumping out new Content.

Edited by Somi_xD

29 minutes ago, Somi_xD said:

DE can't keep it up for every pumping out new Content.

I agree, they need to change how they are delivering new content and what that new content brings to the table.. A disposable throw-away dog days mission for example would have taken time and investment.. but for me once I got the rewards.. I have no more reasons to endure that stuff.. in the "bin" it goes.  They need to produce content that lets the players create custom content for each other. That's a great way to get new and unique content into a game. It gives the vet players a new way to redirect some of those saturated materials, and the new to mid level players more fun things to do as well boosting player retention and overall market balance.

It's really up to DE to make those changes and it's not the right reason to intentionally cripple the trading experience for players.

2 hours ago, Gofretko said:

Let me guarantee in return that you don't know that for sure.

As a guy above me said, doomsday scenarios keep getting predicted and they keep not happening in many games with auction houses. So I'm not convinced. People keep doing post-hoc rationalisation of DE's stance but the fact is that none of us know for sure why did they go for the current system except for the vague and imaginary notion of "player interaction". You in particular claim people don't include important factors in their analysis but it's equally likely that you do the same.

My bet -- and I at least am not pretending to know -- is that they are not seeing a pressing need to revise the current system and that they have higher priority tasks in their backlog.

Occam's Razor.

You ever squeeze an apple and get orange juice out of it? 

If someone explains how that won't happen by listing the significant differences between the two fruits, and the specific things that are absent from one that are present in the other, you can always say "ahhh but you don't know for sure that squeezing this apple won't give you orange juice" and a logical person will agree that it's impossible to predict that a miracle won't happen just when you decide to squeeze it, but it's so improbable that we can just accept that it's not going to be happening. 

Of course Dunning-Kruger applies to this just like everything else, so chances are that a lot of people won't get it. 

BTW, you may want to do your own research on how auction houses have borked in-game economies on your own, and basic economics, such as supply, demand and pricing, and maybe elasticity of demand, so that you'll at least be able to place an informed bet. 

Good luck, Tenno.